Pat Brown calls it a day.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pat Brown calls it a day.

Post  Guest on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 6:33 pm

Andrew she'd only be preaching to the converted. And in any case, I don't think her book will be significantly different from her blog. So it would just be same old same old.

In our society anyone can write a book, anyone can make a film (like Rich D Hall) but provided the MSM or TPTB are against it, it's always going to have only a very limited impact.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 6:49 pm

You're making films too, aren't you, Thomas ?
Smile
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 7:00 pm

haha lol Chateleine yes Very Happy . In fact I made a video today telling people to make their own videos, just 5 minutes, sharing their thoughts on this case in front of camera.

I'm not saying it would change anything, cos as I said above it would just be preaching to the converted probably, but it would be a way of showing we're not 'cowards and haters, who hid behind their computer screens.' The antis would be more pushed I think to match us in terms of numbers.

But guess what, no one is interested. I don't understand the reluctance to be honest, but heyho.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 7:47 pm

What about the technical side of it ,Thomas?
I'm not exactly "hiding", but I'm not sure many of us would be able to make an on-line video or youtube even if we wanted.
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm

Châtelaine wrote:What about the technical side of it ,Thomas?
I'm not exactly "hiding", but I'm not sure many of us would be able to make an on-line video or youtube even if we wanted.

I should stress that I myself am not accusing anyone of hiding Chateleine, I just feel angered by Summers wholly untruthful words and feel he can get away with it, pretty much because the standard way of interacting on the internet is via message and not via video. I think many people are willing to put their heads above the parapet, it's just not a social norm to do so.

I've counted about 6 youtube bloggers including myself. I think we know the effects that blogs, forums, Facebook pages and Twitter can have on the Mccann case. But two unknowns are internet blogging and podcasts. It would at least be interesting to push the envelope with these two forms of media, just to see if it would have an effect (though I'm an eternal pessimist).

I've said before that you could really test the pro-McCann numbers this way, because shills with multiple identites could not play that game on video, and moreover I'm not sure they'd be willing to make even one video where they expose themselves. You might get abuse, but then maybe, it could work the other way: when people realise you are a flesh and blood person, the social etiquette of everyday life may kick in.

As for the technical side: I certainly had a few problems at the beginning (you can see I couldn't fill the screen in my early vids). But ultimately now, it's not really any different from posting on a forum like this.

But I can understand people would probably have a few technical problems, and I don't want to give people 'a homework task' where they go and get frustrated for hours on end with technology; and more than that, maybe it is a bad idea in terms of exposing people and making them vulnerable to abuse. But I think it's something worth considering.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 8:30 pm

I'm angered too, Thomas re Summers.
But I think, that's already been neutered by the number of sales of their bewk.
Four Kindle and four Paperback, and I know who the buyers are ...
Forumites :-) "Haters" in another universe. Not me, though ...

Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 8:58 pm

Ha yes, and the reviews are pretty awful as well thank God Smile Ironic that the 'haters' will be some of their best customers

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 9:14 pm

Rolling Eyes
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm

Pat Brown piped up with a couple of blogs today and yesterday.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Sat 23 May 2015, 6:48 pm

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/proving-nobody-else-could-have-done-it.html?m=1
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat 23 May 2015, 6:58 pm

I have just put that on the Pat Brown thread same time as you posted here Andrew. Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Sat 23 May 2015, 8:18 pm

" Proper investigation is logical, not haphazard, and if you see a law enforcement agency bringing in and interrogating suspects "just because" then you have investigators who simply have no leads and are just tossing lines in the water hoping to catch a fish by accident or they are a poorly trained group of detectives who are going by gut and throwing darts or there is some kind of remit that is political and not investigative in nature (trying to appear proactive to keep the media and community from harassing them, railroading someone to put the case to bed, misdirecting the case in order to avoid the arrest and prosecution of a particular perpetrator, etc). History has numerous cases that are examples of both all of these issues; the Madeleine McCann case is just one example of an investigation that is ignoring the evidence (which does exist) in favor of some purpose other than properly solving the case."  .... Pat Brown.

Oh Pat - that makes me feel glum.
In the last few days I was optimistic that maybe, just maybe, Nicola Wall was working along the same lines as the PJ, that maybe this case had far reaching tentacles and was linked to other investigations and that`s why it is taking so long.  I also watched the `Detectives` series which took 2 years to bring a case to court against Ray Teret, Jimmy Savile`s friend.  So I was optimistic - until I read Pat`s article.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat 23 May 2015, 8:28 pm

Mimi wrote:" Proper investigation is logical, not haphazard, and if you see a law enforcement agency bringing in and interrogating suspects "just because" then you have investigators who simply have no leads and are just tossing lines in the water hoping to catch a fish by accident or they are a poorly trained group of detectives who are going by gut and throwing darts or there is some kind of remit that is political and not investigative in nature (trying to appear proactive to keep the media and community from harassing them, railroading someone to put the case to bed, misdirecting the case in order to avoid the arrest and prosecution of a particular perpetrator, etc). History has numerous cases that are examples of both all of these issues; the Madeleine McCann case is just one example of an investigation that is ignoring the evidence (which does exist) in favor of some purpose other than properly solving the case."  .... Pat Brown.

In the last few days I was optimistic that maybe, just maybe, Nicola Wall was working along the same lines as the PJ, that maybe this case had far reaching tentacles and was linked to other investigations and that`s why it is taking so long.  I also watched the `Detectives` series which took 2 years to bring a case to court against Ray Teret, Jimmy Savile`s friend.  So I was optimistic - until I read Pat`s article.

Since when has Pat been involved in the investigation, I didn't know she had become part of the Op Grange team. So how on earth does she know what they are doing, and what they are or are not ignoring........... doh.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Sat 23 May 2015, 8:30 pm

Had great respect early days, but am running out of salt lately ...
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Sat 23 May 2015, 9:37 pm

I'm yet to hear the fat lady.
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  TexMac on Sun 24 May 2015, 3:55 am

Mimi wrote:" Proper investigation is logical, not haphazard, and if you see a law enforcement agency bringing in and interrogating suspects "just because" then you have investigators who simply have no leads and are just tossing lines in the water hoping to catch a fish by accident or they are a poorly trained group of detectives who are going by gut and throwing darts or there is some kind of remit that is political and not investigative in nature (trying to appear proactive to keep the media and community from harassing them, railroading someone to put the case to bed, misdirecting the case in order to avoid the arrest and prosecution of a particular perpetrator, etc). History has numerous cases that are examples of both all of these issues; the Madeleine McCann case is just one example of an investigation that is ignoring the evidence (which does exist) in favor of some purpose other than properly solving the case."  .... Pat Brown.

Mimi, (and in agreement with the posts by candyfloss and Chateleine), I don't think we should let Pat's comments impact our optimism about what is going on. As candyfloss says, Pat is NOT part of the Operation Grange team, so her comments are pure conjecture. I still think it is good news that we have not heard anything directly from Nicola Wall - that, to me, is how proper investigations should be carried out. Of course we are impatient for news/updates, however we have no right whatsoever to know any details of what is going on with the investigation.
I remain 100% confident and optimistic that Nicola Wall and her team will achieve the outcome that will finally and justly solve the Madeleine McCann Mystery. She came into this with a strong reputation, and I cannot imagine for one second that she would be working towards anything that tarnishes that.
So don't be glum Smile We need your continued optimism!

TexMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Sun 24 May 2015, 9:28 am

Pat Brown wrote:My Final Post on the Madeleine McCann Case

Pat Brown, with 100% expert knowledge of herself, can't predict her own actions with any accuracy.

It seems to me that she has placed herself in a "win-win" situation. If the investigation comes to nothing (and I include through lack of evidence as well as whitewash) she can refer back to her last few posts to show that she knew this would happen all along. If, on the other hand, the McCanns are arrested she has earlier blogs to show that, despite being wrong about OG, she suspected the McCanns from the start.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Sun 24 May 2015, 11:14 am

TexMac wrote:

Mimi, (and in agreement with the posts by candyfloss and Chateleine), I don't think we should let Pat's comments impact our optimism about what is going on.  As candyfloss says, Pat is NOT part of the Operation Grange team, so her comments are pure conjecture. I still think it is good news that we have not heard anything directly from Nicola Wall - that, to me, is how proper investigations should be carried out.  Of course we are impatient for news/updates, however we have no right whatsoever to know any details of what is going on with the investigation.
I remain 100% confident and optimistic that Nicola Wall and her team will achieve the outcome that will finally and justly solve the Madeleine McCann Mystery.  She came into this with a strong reputation, and I cannot imagine for one second that she would be working towards anything that tarnishes that.
So don't be glum Smile  We need your continued optimism!

Thanks Texmac flower - my glumness was only temporary thank goodness. I too think NW has more chance than AR, particularly in getting along with the PJ.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 24 May 2015, 11:18 am

Châtelaine wrote:Had great respect early days, but am running out of salt lately ...
Yes, didn't she "call it a day" last August?

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Sun 24 May 2015, 11:24 am

Oh, so glad to wake up to these posts, thanks everyone, tried not to let it get me down yesterday but now, no need to, thanks again, NW will sort this, not everyone will be afraid of tackling the person/s responsible

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:02 pm

Pat brown puts a different perspective on things.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/making-something-out-of-absolutely.html

Can one imagine being on a jury now trying to decipher what happened to Madeleine McCann and having the jury believe that the government put out a webpage looking for a missing child prior to anyone knowing she had gone missing? Oh, god, I would be sitting in that jury room with my head on the table, crying. And, I would be the lone holdout for days while the other jury members tried to convince me of this nonsense until finally there was a hung jury because I refused to believe in the most ridiculous conspiracy theory ever.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:22 pm

caricature wrote:Pat brown puts a different perspective on things.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/making-something-out-of-absolutely.html

Can one imagine being on a jury now trying to decipher what happened to Madeleine McCann and having the jury believe that the government put out a webpage looking for a missing child prior to anyone knowing she had gone missing? Oh, god, I would be sitting in that jury room with my head on the table, crying. And, I would be the lone holdout for days while the other jury members tried to convince me of this nonsense until finally there was a hung jury because I refused to believe in the most ridiculous conspiracy theory ever.
And does the Great Pat Brown give us any explanation for any of it? No.
She should STFU until she knows what she is talking about, then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:25 pm

Resistor wrote:

Wonder if she thinks the same of your opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:26 pm

caricature wrote:
Resistor wrote:

The difference being, I do know what I am talking about. In this aspect, anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm

Resistor wrote:
caricature wrote:
Resistor wrote:

The difference being, I do know what I am talking about.  In this aspect, anyway.

With all due respect over the past 8 yrs a lot of people have claimed to know what they are talking about and yet there is still an investigation going on into the alleged abduction.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top