Those clever dogs again!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In dogs we trust.

Post  Guest on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 12:44 pm

Just seen this from some one on twitter.70 yrs on it still finds remains.

http://bcove.me/o41ntfku

Back to top Go down

Those clever dogs again!

Post  candyfloss on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 9:23 am

snipped

A mother-of-four was battered to death by her jealous boyfriend who wrapped her body in a child's duvet and dumped it in a lake, a court heard today.

The remains of Samantha Henderson, 25, were not found for nine days until specially-trained sniffer dogs located her at the bottom of Hamworthy Lake near Poole, Dorset, after a massive police search.

Dominic Isom, 28, was arrested and charged by police on suspicion of her murder after her mother Janelle Henderson reported her missing a day after she allegedly was killed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3160929/Mother-four-battered-death-jealous-boyfriend-wrapped-body-child-s-duvet-dumped-lake-weighed-concrete-blocks.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  candyfloss on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 9:27 am

I just don't get it, so 'notoriously unreliable' according to G McCann, yet still being used by the police........  Obviously the police don't think so!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 9:59 am

Jencalo_Amoral ‏@TheJENReturns 12 mins12 minutes ago
There is no disputing the dogs are a good tool but they are not infallible & in case of Madeleine #McCann #failed to find anything at all.

Away with the fairies is Jen.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:03 am

Andrew wrote:
Jencalo_Amoral ‏@TheJENReturns  12 mins12 minutes ago
There is no disputing the dogs are a good tool but they are not infallible & in case of Madeleine #McCann #failed to find anything at all.

Away with the fairies is Jen.

Haha, those clever dogs have set twitter alight with the sound of trolls Laughing They are frothing and screaming Smile

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:07 am

They even think the dogs work on a 'no win no fee' basis

Jencalo_Amoral ‏@TheJENReturns · 21 mins21 minutes ago
Is this why PJ failed to pay any money for the dogs work? Ask yourself was it a case of no result/no payment agreement? #McCann

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblewrapped on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:15 am

I find the dogs findings overwhelming, but am at a loss as to why Operation Grange has not taken the same course scratch
Anyone with ideas ?
Bubblewrapped

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:29 am

The unreliable dogs who couldn't smell the scent of death in Apt 5a, but could smell the scent of death on Kate's trousers when she was around corpses at work.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:32 am

Bubblewrapped wrote:I find the dogs findings overwhelming, but am at a loss as to why Operation Grange has not taken the same course  scratch
Anyone with ideas ?

We don't know what course Op Grange has taken.  What we do know is that they obviously trust in the dogs as they recently took them over to PDL to search the area.  Now would they really use them if they didn't have faith in their abilities?

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 11:03 am

candyfloss wrote:They even think the dogs work on a 'no win no fee' basis

Jencalo_Amoral ‏@TheJENReturns  · 21 mins21 minutes ago  
Is this why PJ failed to pay any money for the dogs work?  Ask yourself was it a case of no result/no payment agreement? #McCann

Well sure that's just the funniest thing I've heard! That tweets silly, this person saying the PJ failed to pay money but the dogs still alerted, was those alerts for free then? Ha!

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 11:24 am

LOL
Thanks for a good laugh today.

Not that I needed that - it's full-blown summer here with lots of friends and laughter :-)
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:05 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Bubblewrapped wrote:I find the dogs findings overwhelming, but am at a loss as to why Operation Grange has not taken the same course  scratch
Anyone with ideas ?

We don't know what course Op Grange has taken.  What we do know is that they obviously trust in the dogs as they recently took them over to PDL to search the area.  Now would they really use them if they didn't have faith in their abilities?
They took 4 dogs over.

They wouldn't of done if they thought they were all notoriously unreliable.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:58 pm

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-07-17/buster-the-raf-dog-who-saved-1000-lives-dies/
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblewrapped on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm

Andrew wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Anyone with ideas ?

They took 4 dogs over.

They wouldn't of done if they thought they were all notoriously unreliable.

"Haut De 5A Garenne".
The dog didnt lie....Twice!!!
His handler walked away with £93000...
£20 Million was spent on the Jersey cover up...

Eddie simply did his job.
Dogs are very unreliable if the Establishment are involved...
Bubblewrapped

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 11:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgKKUOy_kZU

This is an old case from 1991 about a TV reporter who was shot dead on her own doorstep - no prizes for guessing who I thought of. However, with the help of a good old tracker dog, it proved easy to solve the case.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm

Unreliable dogs find missing man.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Missing-man-sniffed-Hertford-police-dog/story-27499254-detail/story.html

Back to top Go down

Another UNRELIABLE dog saving a human's life.

Post  PeterMac on Tue 11 Aug 2015, 8:19 am

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/597501/Susanna-Reid-Ben-Shephard-dog-woner-cancer-good-morning-britain

Susanna Reid meets the dog owner whose pooch saved her from lung cancer

SUSANNA REID and Ben Shephard met the dog owner whose pooch saved her from lung cancer.

By ADAM MILLER
PUBLISHED: 07:47, Tue, Aug 11, 2015 | UPDATED: 08:01, Tue, Aug 11, 2015

SUsanna stroked Ben Shephard as they met cancer survivor Coleen
During this morning's Good Morning Britain Colleen Ferguson brought her beloved dog into the ITV studio, explaining that she may have died if it wasn't for her Alsatian.
"I've got a best friend who saved my life," Coleen told Susanna and Ben.
"She's a very vocal, very noisy, very lively dog but all of sudden she would jump and become really still.

Coleen said the dog would simply linger about a millimetre away from which Susanna asked must have been "unnerving"
Coleen replied: "Yes and no because I've worked with dogs all my life but part of me thought was there something wrong with my teeth?
"The behaviour persisted and you're just aware of your dog lingering in on you.
"I didn't go the GP because I thought they'll laugh at me."
Luckily, Coleen had been working in a nearby school where she managed to save some money for a full body scan.
When the results came in her surgery asked her to come in "immediately".
"She picked it up at stage 1 which is very unusual. Lung cancer's a silent killer but I've never smoked I've never even bought a cigarette."
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 8:42 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/use-dogs-instead-doctors-save-6478099
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm

I may have mentioned before, but every morning I let out my dogs [present and past] they'll jump up and "kiss" me. When they linger at my nose or my eyes, I know I have to check on that ...
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm

Sorry, I wasn't happy with that!

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 9:06 am

Just seen an interesting link to cadaver dog training.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/what-cadaver-dogs-are-smelling

Researchers are closing in on exactly what it is that cadaver dogs are sniffing for when they’re deployed. That uniquely human “smell of death” may be created when a combination of compounds, called esters, is released by a decomposing body, according to findings published in PLoS ONE this week.

When we and other animals decompose, a wide spectrum of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) is emitted into the environment. Previous work to characterize that smell had already identified a variety of compounds, but a specific marker for human decomposition hadn't been isolated.

So, University of Leuven’s Elien Rosier and colleagues examined the compounds that were released over the course of six months from the decomposing remains of six humans and 26 animals: rabbits, mice, moles, frogs, chicks, robins, a woodpecker, warbler, sparrow, song thrush, sturgeon, turtle, and of course, a pig. Pig remains are often used as human analogues because of we have similar hair coverage, weight, fat to muscle ratio, gut fauna and biochemistry. Organs from the human and pig remains were also removed and analyzed separately.

Because decomposition can be influenced by environmental factors ranging from temperature and humidity to soil type, the team placed the remains into glass jars in a lab environment at room temperature. The metal screw caps on the jars weren’t airtight in order to let oxygen enter, and they had a hole in them that made it possible for the researchers to periodically sample the headspace.

The team identified 452 compounds, and a specific combination of eight compounds distinguished human and pig remains from other animal remains. Furthermore, the researchers managed to separate the pig remains from human remains based on five esters – compounds found in fat and oils. If you’re curious, they are: 3-methylbutyl pentanoate, 3-methylbutyl 3-methylbutyrate, 3-methylbutyl 2-methylbutyrate, butyl pentanoate and propyl hexanoate.

Future work in the field with full bodies will be needed to corroborate these results. Having human specific markers could help better train cadaver dogs, making them more efficient and faster at locating bodies. Also, it might be possible to develop a portable device sensitive enough to locate human remains.
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 11:01 am

A scientific device, specific to humans, would be excellent for confirming what the dogs smell, particularly if human remains cannot be found at locations targeted by the dogs.
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 11:22 am

There are dogs - and even rats - that are trained to smell TB in urine samples, that conventional medical tests have missed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

Again to avoid any misunderstandings, Resistor is referring to tuberculosis!

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 12:32 pm

Freedom wrote:Again to avoid any misunderstandings, Resistor is referring to tuberculosis!
lol!

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top