Those clever dogs again!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 1:16 pm

I ventured into the Justice Forum for Madeleine McCann last night as it was very quiet on here, I do roam around occasionally just out of curiosity (well, really 'cos I'm just nosy), but it's unbelievable how much hatred there is for Martin Grimes and Eddie and Keela, they seem to go out of their way to discredit him and his dogs.  They come up with such stupid notions of what the dogs may have detected or how there isn't really any scientific backing as to what Eddie and Keela found.  They dismiss the fact that murder cases have been brought without any body being found but solely on what specialist dogs have found backed up by a court case.

Someone is even asking when was the first time that Eddie and Keela worked together, FFS, what difference does that make in the scheme of things.  They seem to be so desperate on the pro McCann sites that they're clutching at every straw they can find.

With reference to sniffer dogs finding bodies under water, I remember when April Jones first went missing, specially trained dogs were brought in that could detect bodies submerged in water, yet the pro McCann sites are in denial of what Eddie and Keela found.

No wonder Martin Grimes moved to the USA, I wonder if he was specially sent there to get him away from the clutches of the McCanns so they couldn't harass him.  GM went to his boss I recall, that is harassment in itself surely.  GM obviously wasn't happy with what evidence Martin Grimes discovered.


Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed out a couple of words - fingers ahead of brain)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  candyfloss on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 1:29 pm

It's what they do on twitter too DFM, they talk about 'coconuts', and think it so funny, diss Martin Grime, in fact libel him, and yet these dogs are a great asset to any police force.  I often think one day these people who spend their time rolling on the floor laughing about these superb animals  may one day God forbid need these dogs.   Very sad.  Of course as we know full well, the dogs are excellent at what they do, they cannot lie, and police all over the world would not use them, (as they cost thousands of pounds to train)....... if they were not reliable.

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 9836
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm

By dismissing the fact that a dog found a piece of coconut/human skull is also dismissing the fact that many children may have died at Haute de la Garenne in terrible circumstances.  Teeth and other remains were found in a cellar, and children who were incarcerated at the children's home have told terrible stories as to what happened to them, some even committing suicide because they couldn't live with what they went through.

It seems these pro McCann shills are in complete denial as to what these specialist dogs can do, I sometimes wonder who these "shills" are who protect the McCanns so vehemently and what will they say if it comes out that they've been barking up the wrong tree (pun not intended).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  froggy on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:I ventured into the Justice Forum for Madeleine McCann last night as it was very quiet on here, I do roam around occasionally just out of curiosity (well, really 'cos I'm just nosy), but it's unbelievable how much hatred there is for Martin Grimes and Eddie and Keela, they seem to go out of their way to discredit him and his dogs.  They come up with such stupid notions of what the dogs may have detected or how there isn't really any scientific backing as to what Eddie and Keela found.  They dismiss the fact that murder cases have been brought without any body being found but solely on what specialist dogs have found backed up by a court case.

Someone is even asking when was the first time that Eddie and Keela worked together, FFS, what difference does that make in the scheme of things.  They seem to be so desperate on the pro McCann sites that they're clutching at every straw they can find.

With reference to sniffer dogs finding bodies under water, I remember when April Jones first went missing, specially trained dogs were brought in that could detect bodies submerged in water, yet the pro McCann sites are in denial of what Eddie and Keela found.

No wonder Martin Grimes moved to the USA, I wonder if he was specially sent there to get him away from the clutches of the McCanns so they couldn't harass him.  GM went to his boss I recall, that is harassment in itself surely.  GM obviously wasn't happy with what evidence Martin Grimes discovered.

I assume you are referring to ferryman. He certainly does spew a load of vindictive bile out about Grime and his dogs. He's not overly keen on Amaral either.

There seem to be a few fanatics on that site who seem to spend much of the day there, which is amazing as they admit to posting elsewhere as well. When do they sleep? Shocked
avatar
froggy

Posts : 562
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm

It begs the question who is ferryman, or one or two others on that site.  It seems the McCanns must love them spewing all sorts of nonsense about the dogs and Martin Grime as I've never once heard K & G McCann disown these people.

To think that GM is/was sitting on a committee to do with the future health of children and nuclear power stations beggars belief when he can't even be truthful about the "disappearance" of his own child and he can dismiss dogs in detecting all sorts of things.

Dogs can now even detect cancer in humans, is that what may have put the creeps up McCann if he has anything to do with COMARE and cancer in children. That thought has just come to me as I was typing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  froggy on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:54 pm

He may not be on that committee any more. A current list of members can be found here
https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/committee-on-medical-aspects-of-radiation-in-the-environment-comare#membership

scroll down for membership
avatar
froggy

Posts : 562
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 3:10 pm

froggy wrote:He may not be on that committee any more. A current list of members can be found here
https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/committee-on-medical-aspects-of-radiation-in-the-environment-comare#membership

scroll down for membership

Thanks for that.  That's another question, was he pushed or did he jump. I've found this extract from a post from Joana Morais -

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/10/mccanns-links-to-government-as-origin.html

News Anchor Andreia Vale - The connections of the McCann family to the British government have always been viewed as one of the reasons for the heightened media coverage given to the case. Maddie's father worked for the government and would have aspirations of integrating the executive.

Voice over - From the news of the alleged abduction until the English police landed in Portugal was a matter of few hours. The proximity of the girl's father with the English government made it easier to give priority to the case and mobilize the necessary means. Gerry McCann worked in a committee for the Government which analysed the impact of Nuclear plants in the environment, at a time when Tony Blair was the prime minister. As a doctor, a cardiologist by profession, the "McCann father" wished to go further and everything suggested that he aspired to have a political office in the government, namely as health minister. The way in which he asked for help when Maddie disappeared also indicates the proximity with the British government. Gerry McCann would have called one of Tony Blair's aides, at the time an university professor. It is this man who takes the first steps in order to help the McCann family. Another name that appears is Clarence Mitchell, he came to Portugal to advise the McCann couple and to liaise with the media. In his CV was his role as the director of a department that monitored the press and all the news for the British government. He was also the head of the Comms Cabinet Office of Gordon Brown. Connections that succeed in sending to the Algarve dogs, experts, police, and various resources from the United Kingdom.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I find the sentence referring to GM as aspiring to have a political office, namely as health minister, most intriguing.  I've never seen that mentioned before. I wonder where that information came from.


Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added last sentence)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where is GM now ??

Post  bluebell on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:20 pm

https://www.omniamed.co.uk/meetings/london/cardiology/autumn2015


Dr Gerry McCann
Consultant Cardiologist; Glenfield Hospital and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester
Gerry McCann
Gerry McCann is a Consultant Cardiologist, having been appointed in 2005, and is a Reader in Cardiovascular Imaging at the University of Leicester and an executive member of the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Leicester Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Unit. He is currently undertaking a research fellowship funded by the NIHR and is a visiting fellow at the University of Oxford. Gerry is a graduate of the University of Glasgow where he also undertook postgraduate training and his doctoral research. Cardiology training included periods in Glasgow, New Zealand and Leicester before completing a fellowship in Cardiac MRI (CMR) in 2004 at the VU Medical Center in Amsterdam under the supervision of Prof. van Rossum. Dr McCann directs a very active clinical imaging research programme with funding from the British Heart Foundation, MRC and the National Institute of Health Research. Disease interests include coronary artery disease, heart failure and valvular heart disease. Dr McCann was the principal investigator of the Complete v Lesion-Only Primary PCI Trial MRI substudy (CvLPRIT CMR) that was funded by the NIHR.


Last edited by bluebell on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding info)

_________________
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple.        Oscar Wilde
avatar
bluebell

Posts : 1628
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 99
Location : S/W UK

Back to top Go down

Sometimes the dogs aren't that good

Post  AndyB on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 8:11 pm

Bless him.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dopey-police-sniffer-dog-who-6836960#nav-panel
avatar
AndyB

Posts : 645
Join date : 2014-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Châtelaine on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:19 pm

A Scottish tourist got missing in Amsterdam mid November this year.
They've now used dogs, who sniffed at one of his used T-shirts and today found him in the water!
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2247
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Guest on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:34 pm

but, but, but.........their notoriously unreliable!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Send in the Dogs UK

Post  bluebell on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 7:16 pm

Sorry if this has been on before but there is a programme tonight - Thursday 8th Sept 2016 on the Channel PICK  152 on Sky.

"Documentary following the work of Britain;s police dogs in real operations,

sniffing out everything from drugs and weapons to counterfeit money"     Ken Stott narrates.

As it is series 1 episode 4  it may be common knowledge here but I've only just noticed it.     Annoyed I missed 1, 2 + 3.  Surprised

Just thought I'd mention it though  -- repeated an hour later on PICK + 1

_________________
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple.        Oscar Wilde
avatar
bluebell

Posts : 1628
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 99
Location : S/W UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Andrew on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 7:23 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_in_the_Dogs

Seen several episodes of the programme many moons ago. Not all though so might record the one this eve.

Always a joy to watch how incredibly reliable and brilliant these dogs are. Isn't that right, Gerry?
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Andrew on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 8:59 pm

Just sticking this here for anyone who has not seen it....


avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Freedom on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 9:40 pm

This is the episode of Send In The Dogs which mentioned the McCann case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmdkR1K-jU0

It's very weird though; there's a mention of the case at the end of part 1 and you assume that it will continue in part 2 but it doesn't.

Possibly it was whooshed on orders from on high but, if that was so, why not remove the first part too?

_________________
Quote from Jill Havern:

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12761
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Andrew on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 10:32 pm

I've never seen that one before. Just watched the first 7 mins or so about Eddie and Keela. Amazing dogs.

Yes I think a part of that video was most definitely pulled and wasn't allowed to be aired. They left the reference to the dogs working on the Madeleine case in as that was probably as much as they could get away with.

avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Freedom on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 11:42 am

I remember when I saw that for the first time - only a year or so ago though the programme was made in 2008 - and I couldn't wait to see what was said in the second part.

I was left thinking that I'd imagined the first bit!

_________________
Quote from Jill Havern:

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12761
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  bluebell on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:07 am

I couldn't agree more with this.  Some lovely anecdotes in the article.  Hope it will be seriously considered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40346539

Don't be scared to let animals on wards, say nurses

Southampton Children's Hospital is studying animal therapy on wards

Hospitals should let more dogs and other animals on to wards and even into operating theatres to help patients, the Royal College of Nursing says.

The call comes after the RCN collected scores of anecdotes of therapy-animals, and sometimes pets, helping recovery.
Some young patients found having trained dogs accompany them to the anaesthetic room reduced their anxiety before and after surgery.

The RCN is working on national advice to encourage more animal visitors.

_________________
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple.        Oscar Wilde
avatar
bluebell

Posts : 1628
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 99
Location : S/W UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Andrew on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:09 am

Will put this here as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4624686/Police-scour-Westminster-ahead-Queen-s-Speech.html
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  mumof6 on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:40 am

Ultimately, any living thing can have an off day, and I don't suppose the dogs are any different.

However - thinking of my cats:

They are cats, and only do what they want to. Their sense of smell is not as good as a dogs. They lack the desire to please humans. However - when my cat says there is a mouse under the kitchen cabinet there is a mouse. The one time I was convinced that it was unreliable, and only a cat, it cost me a new dishwasher as the mouse ate all the wiring, and the pipes.

They are only cats, and in 30 years of owning cats I have never had a false positive, if they say there is a mouse there, there is a mouse there.

They will give false negatives, the "I can't be bothered", or "you have been cooking onions". Dogs are less likely to do that, but I guess it could still happen. We also don't understand scent, so maybe we sometimes ask the dogs to work in the equivalent of bright sunlight, when seeing small details can be difficult?

Anyway, if I tell you that a cat is unreliable, I am talking about the times they miss things, and I would guess the same is true for dogs. I would say that they are not unreliable when they say there is something there.


avatar
mumof6

Posts : 454
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  poster on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 3:02 pm

Guest wrote:
froggy wrote:He may not be on that committee any more. A current list of members can be found here
https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/committee-on-medical-aspects-of-radiation-in-the-environment-comare#membership

scroll down for membership

Thanks for that.  That's another question, was he pushed or did he jump. I've found this extract from a post from Joana Morais -

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/10/mccanns-links-to-government-as-origin.html

News Anchor Andreia Vale - The connections of the McCann family to the British government have always been viewed as one of the reasons for the heightened media coverage given to the case. Maddie's father worked for the government and would have aspirations of integrating the executive.

Voice over - From the news of the alleged abduction until the English police landed in Portugal was a matter of few hours. The proximity of the girl's father with the English government made it easier to give priority to the case and mobilize the necessary means. Gerry McCann worked in a committee for the Government which analysed the impact of Nuclear plants in the environment, at a time when Tony Blair was the prime minister. As a doctor, a cardiologist by profession, the "McCann father" wished to go further and everything suggested that he aspired to have a political office in the government, namely as health minister. The way in which he asked for help when Maddie disappeared also indicates the proximity with the British government. Gerry McCann would have called one of Tony Blair's aides, at the time an university professor. It is this man who takes the first steps in order to help the McCann family. Another name that appears is Clarence Mitchell, he came to Portugal to advise the McCann couple and to liaise with the media. In his CV was his role as the director of a department that monitored the press and all the news for the British government. He was also the head of the Comms Cabinet Office of Gordon Brown. Connections that succeed in sending to the Algarve dogs, experts, police, and various resources from the United Kingdom.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I find the sentence referring to GM as aspiring to have a political office, namely as health minister, most intriguing.  I've never seen that mentioned before.  I wonder where that information came from.

I know this is an old post but I think it answers quite a few questions about about how the McCanns were able to garner high level support. Ye Gods! Can you imagine Gerry McCann as health minister?

My mind is beyond boggling. What a terrible thought. Just goes to show how truly corrupt Blair's regime was. bounce

Having watched GM in media interviews and I would say he has quite a serious personality disorder. The photo of him fawning over his 'wider agenda' flip-chart is scary, imo. He is gazing at his work of art as if he has seriously fallen in love. In love with 'the wider agenda' perhaps? Contrast this with the demeanour of the boorish man slumped moodily on the airport bus, disengaged with his family and swearing in front of everyone including young children. Poor old KM, she really did pull the short straw in terms of husband and father to her children, imo.

avatar
poster

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2015-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Those clever dogs again!

Post  Châtelaine on Sat 24 Jun 2017, 4:55 pm

Quite a bit of O.T., I know, but I wanted to share. After all, this is about dogs.
Well, earlier this afternoon, my dogs went "bananas" in front of the "house". I know them, so I knew this time it was something serious and I dashed out to have a look. It was a snake below one of the hedges. I do have a lot of very useful snakes in the back, but this one was different: a VIPER. I've seen my oldest catch and kill quite a lot of the useful ones, but this got me scared. But there was no way I could intervene. He did his "usual": grab them just behind the head, throw them in the air [a bit like a cowboy with a lasso ...] and then throw them down. Pick them up, swing them, throw them down. After a couple of times, there were 2 half-snakes. Thereafter 1/3, and then 4 and etc. My little one was looking in awn.
She was allowed to half a piece of tail and I recuperated the head, put in the fridge and have it analysed after the week-end. Just to be sure.

Phew.
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2247
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum