MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries

+44
Tangled Web
unreorganised
Guinea Pig
Rosa canina
What's_up_doc?
chrissie
espeland
Heisenburg
PMR
dandaar
froggy
Mimi
Walt
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
PeterMac
Rufus T
mad world
Fiat500
bluebell
Cristobell
margaret
Helenmeg
costello
Marky
Andrew
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Ignored
Thetruth
chilli
hicks
Tristar
Dee Coy
Châtelaine
travis macbickle
Poppy
Lioned
Anne
AndyB
Poe
cherry
Admin
candyfloss
48 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 Empty Re: Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries

Post  AndyB Mon 23 Nov 2015, 1:53 pm

Bailey said that of 2,156 people identified by police as suspects, 302 were in positions of public prominence.

Of those, 147 are television and radio personalities, 17 sports personalities, 39 from the music industry and 99 elected officials.
So not a single judge, barrister or police officer then. Thats very odd considering there is an going IPCC investigation into the Met over allegations that they covered up child sexual abuse due to police involvement in that abuse (see Independent investigation into Metropolitan Police on this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elm_Guest_House_child_abuse_scandal)
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 Empty Re: Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries

Post  Freedom Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:01 am

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hunting-the-paedophiles-inside-the-nca/on-demand/60439-001

The heading is rather unfortunate - "paedophiles inside the NCA". It is an investigation by the National Crime Agency into paedophiles targeting young boys online.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:32 pm

I watched that last night - it`s a real worry for parents bringing up young kids these days. It`s the ruination of a young kid`s life and enough to make him top himself. So glad they caught the Bahrainis in the end - I assume that was CEOP involved.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:13 pm

Just seen in the news that Lord Janner has died.  Sorry no link.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:15 pm

You just beat me bluebell.

Lord Janner dies, aged 87, after long illness

Lord Janner, the former Labour peer and MP ruled unfit to stand trial on child sexual abuse charges, has died.
He had been suffering from dementia and died peacefully at his home on Saturday aged 87, his family said.
The peer had been accused of 22 counts of historical sex offences against boys - allegations his family denied.
A "trial of the facts" set for April will no longer take place. A lawyer representing alleged victims said they had been denied justice.
Liz Dux, who represents six alleged victims, said: "This is devastating news for my clients. They have waited so long to see this case come before the courts, to be denied justice at the final hurdle is deeply frustrating."

The Goddard inquiry, which is examining child sexual abuse claims, may now examine the allegations, the BBC's Tom Symonds said.
It had set aside the case while it was being dealt with in the courts.

'Trial of facts'

Lord Janner's family said he would be "deeply missed" and requested their mourning be respected.
They had previously said he was a man of "great integrity" and "entirely innocent of any wrongdoing".
Labour MP Simon Danczuk, who led calls for Lord Janner to face justice, said: "Obviously it is very sad for Lord Janner's family that he has passed away, though it is also extremely sad for his alleged victims."
He added: "It is disappointing that all the evidence is not now to be brought before a court.
"It is a very sad day for justice."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35142675

Analysis

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 _87304016_0fc1f50a-f2ee-4f8a-894d-725378c63d3dImage copyright Getty Images
By Chris Mason, BBC political correspondent
Should a man with what was described as "advanced and disabling dementia" face a trial over allegations of child sexual abuse spanning four decades?
It is that question - and the conflicting answers offered to it - that places Lord Janner's death so prominently in the news.
A High Court judge, just weeks ago, said his answer was no: there was little point in hauling a man who could barely recognise his own family in front of a jury, to answer for his alleged behaviour a generation ago.
That was galling enough for his alleged victims.
But they sought solace in the so-called "trial of the facts" due to begin in the spring.
That will now not happen - leaving them devastated, and so many questions about Lord Janner's alleged behaviour permanently unaddressed.

The peer had been on a leave of absence from the House of Lords since October 2014.
He was accused of 15 counts of indecent assault and seven counts of a separate sexual offence against a total of nine alleged victims.
The Old Bailey heard the allegations spanned the years 1963 to 1998.
The judge who ruled that he was unfit to stand trial earlier this month said he made his decision based on four experts.
"The defendant has advanced and disabling dementia that has deteriorated and is irreversible," Justice Openshaw said at the time.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:06 pm

At least he has the decency to die, rather than make a miraculous recovery.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:29 pm

Oh yes, I was thinking of Ernest Saunders recently, the person who made a miraculous recovery from Alzheimer's.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/elder/11554636/Forgive-my-cynicism-at-the-timely-onset-of-Lord-Janners-dementia.html

Here's an article from earlier this year which mentions him. He's still alive and kicking now.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 Empty Tony Blackburn sacked in BBC sex abuse probe: Devastated Radio Two DJ plans to sue bosses

Post  candyfloss Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:02 pm

Not yet another one!  Front page of the Mirror tomorrow.

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 CcA1o6XW0AApmCm

Tony Blackburn sacked in BBC sex abuse probe: Devastated Radio Two DJ plans to sue bosses

22:28, 24 Feb 2016
[*]Updated 22:35, 24 Feb 2016
[*]By Tom Pettifor , Mark Jefferies , Nick Sommerlad

The Radio 2 star has been named as a DJ who it is claimed seduced a 15-year-old girl in 1971

Radio DJ Tony Blackburn has been sacked by the BBC after a new report linked him to a Jimmy Savile sex probe.
The Dame Janet Smith review report, looked into Savile’s time as a sexual predator at the corporation, criticises the BBC for covering up 1971 claims a girl of 15 was “seduced” by a DJ referred to as ‘A7’ in drafts of the report.
The Mirror can today name ‘A7’ as Tony Blackburn and as a result of the report’s allegations, he has been axed by the BBC.
But Blackburn insists he is innocent of any wrongdoing and he is “devastated” by his sacking.
The 73-year-old, who currently broadcasts a popular Saturday show on Radio 2 that attracts millions, has been accused in Dame Janet Smith’s report of not being properly questioned over allegations of seducing 15-year-old Clair McAlpine.

She rang the BBC saying one of their stars had seduced her underage daughter and demanding to speak to the chairman but was told this was impossible.
Just a month later Clair died after taking an overdose of sleeping pills at home in Watford, Herts.

Dame Janet’s report says BBC managers and police investigating the allegation paid mere lip service to it.
They took the DJ’s denial at face value - even though it did not match his agent’s account of events - together with his claim that Clair lived in a “fantasy world”.
In an extraordinary statement, Tony Blackburn said: “This week, two days before the publication of the Dame Janet Smith Report, the BBC informed me that all relationships I had with them were being terminated with immediate effect.

"I am told that the decision was taken, personally, by the Director General. Quite naturally, I am devastated.
“The reasons for the BBC taking this decision are that my evidence to Dame Janet Smith shows, I believe, that a cover up took place - one that I had no knowledge of. This goes against what the BBC believe.
“In 1971 allegations were made by the mother of a 15-year-old girl whose diary apparently contained suggestions that she had been seduced by celebrities including me.
"I am told that the mother told the BBC, a few weeks after her initial complaint, that her daughter had withdrawn the allegation against me.

"I have never seen the diary and neither has anyone at the BBC or the Dame Janet Review.
"That same year this seemingly troubled teenager, tragically took her own life.
“Dame Janet’s report makes no suggestion that I was guilty 45 years ago of any misconduct whatsoever with this girl.

"Nor did a Coroner’s inquest into her death or a subsequent police inquiry.
"The BBC have made clear that they are not terminating my relationship with them because of any misconduct.
"They are destroying my career and reputation because my version of events does not tally with theirs.

“I was not guilty of any inappropriate conduct; my lawyers will take immediate action against anyone suggesting that I was.
“According to BBC records seen by Dame Janet, I was allegedly interviewed about the girls’ diary before her death in 1971 by a very senior figure at the BBC, Bill Cotton
"I was also, supposedly, interviewed by Brian Neill QC as part of his report in to the Payola scandal at the BBC.
“I have repeatedly told Dame Janet and the BBC I was never interviewed by either man in this context and the BBC records are either very vague or have, conveniently, disappeared.
"Regardless of these facts, the BBC is axing me after five decades of broadcasting.
"Sadly what is happening to me now seems to be entirely in keeping with the past BBC culture of whitewash and cover-up.
“In 1967, I proudly opened Radio 1 for the BBC.
"Over the past 49 years I have enjoyed my time working for them immensely and I am grateful to my millions of listeners for their continued support over the decades.

Sadly, despite being aware of my evidence for many months, if not years, the BBC have decided to make me a scapegoat and have taken away any future opportunity I have to broadcast for them.
“Naturally, I am now left with no choice but to take legal action against the BBC.
"They have taken away a career I love and I will not allow them to destroy my reputation.”
Dame Janet’s review found no attempt was made by the BBC to interview either Clair or Mrs McAlpine.
It does confirm the DJ was interviewed twice by BBC executives and by an independent barrister.
Dame Janet also said it was “hard to fathom” why the BBC had lost or destroyed call logs from the time.

Speaking at the front door of their multi-million pound detached mock-Tudor property, Mr Blackburn’s wife of 24 years Debbie Blackburn said the couple would not be speaking aside from the statement.
She said: “We are not going to enter into any conversation of any type. There is no comment to be made.”
Dame Janet, 75, review in Savile has taken four years and will reveal he abused 45 victims, included several rapes on BBC premises before he died in 2011.
After some of the report was leaked in January, BBC Director-general Tony Hall said: “Firstly, my thoughts and all our thoughts are with the victims of Jimmy Savile and their families. What happened was a dark chapter in the history of the BBC.
“Dame Janet Smith’s report will be invaluable in helping us understand what happened and to help ensure that we do everything possible to avoid it happening again.”

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/tony-blackburn-sacked-bbc-sex-7436339

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:38 pm

So the paper review is on now on the BBC News Channel, they have just shown all the papers, but surprise, surprise, omitted the story about themselves on the Mirror front page and the sacking of Tony Blackburn.  Tut tut.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:05 am

The BBC are a disgrace - I get more angry with them every day.

Apart from the above being whitewashed by them, they have become so biased in favour of the Tories and barely have a bad word said about David Cameron. Tonight they even tried to put a gloss on Cameron`s mocking of Jeremy Corbyn at PMQs today. They have become a mouthpiece for this lying government. I listen to radio more than TV and there is no radio station that doesn`t have the BBC behind it.

Getting back to Tony Blackburn, I feel sorry for what they`ve done to him - he and Terry Wogan were the mainstays of the BBC in the past. I find the above hard to believe.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:00 pm

Tomorrow 25.2.16.

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 CcFz0sHWEAEC7Wu

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 26 Feb 2016, 11:54 am

I don`t know how he`ll weather this. He used to be a man who wore his heart on his sleeve (Remember when he and Tessa Wyatt broke up). He seems to have been happily married for years now though. It seems odd that he has been sacked just because his memory of being questioned 50 years ago is different from Bill Cotton`s and the other bloke.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 26 Feb 2016, 12:05 pm

Oh dear, I can remember some toe curling radio broadcasts from him when his first marriage broke up - begging Tessa to come back and playing records like "Reunited" which is what he hoped they'd be. He really should have taken some time off work then.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 26 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

Freedom wrote:Oh dear, I can remember some toe curling radio broadcasts from him when his first marriage broke up - begging Tessa to come back and playing records like "Reunited" which is what he hoped they'd be. He really should have taken some time off work then.  

Another one was "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago which was one of my `special songs` - don`t ask !!

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 26 Feb 2016, 12:17 pm

Okay, I won't ask! I bought that record myself but for no particular reason.

Another embarrassing incident I remember was on a game show - possibly Punchlines - where both Tony and Richard O'Sullivan (for whom Tessa left him) were on together.

You could feel the bad atmosphere even on the other side of the screen.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 Empty BBC radio presenters child sex charges

Post  Bampots Sun 10 Apr 2016, 10:33 am

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/08/tony-julie-wadsworth-bbc-radio-presenters-child-sex-offences

Two BBC radio presenters have been charged with sex offences against four children. Tony and Julie Wadsworth, who have presented on BBC Radio Leicester and BBC WM in Birmingham, are due to appear before Warwickshire magistrates court on 11 May.

Warwickshire police said Tony Wadsworth, 68, of Broughton Astley, Leicestershire, has been charged with five counts of inciting a boy under the age of 16 to commit an act of gross indecency.

Julie Wadsworth, 58, of the same address, has been charged with seven counts of inciting a boy under the age of 16 to commit an act of gross indecency. They both also face one count of committing an act outraging public decency.

The charges relate to four children, aged between 11 and 15, between 1996 and 1999, Warwickshire police said.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 19 May 2016, 10:18 pm

Tomorrow's Guardian front page...

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 Ci2TjooWkAAbUak

Wide range of child and adult abuse inquiries - Page 16 Ci2T8xLUoAEeZJi

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar Thu 19 May 2016, 11:17 pm

Daniel Finkelstein and David Pannick Q.C. who both write for the Times are trying to cast doubt on the sex allegations against their late buddies Leon Brittan and Grenville Janner.
This a very powerful cabal and you wonder if the victims will ever see justice.
dandaar
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 19 May 2016, 11:30 pm

You have to ask yourself why , if the allegations against Leon Brittian,Greville Janner,were so weak that TPTB allowed the massive amount of stories and allegations in the press and the cost of the Police and CPS investigations. Greville Janner continued to claim House of Lords expenses while feigning sorry I mean declaring some form of dementia. The idea that victims can come forward and expect considered fair treatment re their claims has become more difficult as a result of recent events!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 19 May 2016, 11:41 pm

The quote, TPTB.....

So what exactly does it stand for...

(Yes, I know - but I think it might stand for something else)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 19 May 2016, 11:47 pm

That Pratt...... fill in the rest as you see fit Andrew!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 06 Jun 2016, 11:41 am

This is a case where the offences were committed abroad but the perpetrator was sentenced in the U K. Is that a usual arrangement?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36458472#"
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 06 Jun 2016, 11:54 am

They should send the monster back for the death penalty.

Imo.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 06 Jun 2016, 11:57 am

I may be having a senior moment (again) but I can't think of any other cases where offences abroad have been dealt with in the U K.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Mon 06 Jun 2016, 12:29 pm

Freedom wrote:This is a case where the offences were committed abroad but the perpetrator was sentenced in the U K. Is that a usual arrangement?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36458472#"

It might be to do with the fact that Malaysia has the Death Penalty and so he couldn't be extradited to stand trial there.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next