Nicola Wall...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nicola Wall...

Post  JJ on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:44 am

Admin wrote:candyfloss wrote:
Firstly NO police force would tell the public if anyone was a suspect.  NO police force.... can you imagine the media frenzy that would ensue.  The only time would be if that person was armed and dangerous.  Even when they have a suspect rarely do they even release a name, it is the press that delves and finds out these things.  It is not proper to name anyone as a suspect until they are arrested, and it is not up to the police to give a running commentary.

As to the other things re Jane Tanner and the last photo, I am sure OG know what they are doing, they have far more info than we will ever have, so I will wait and see what the outcome will be

I haven't seen a running commentary from them either, just a couple of crimemwatch programmes and press conferences, that you would expect and the media want it, after all an awful  of public money is being spent and questions asked, so they have to sometimes give into the pressure and put out some sort of statements etc.  

Surely you don't expect them to tell you what they are really doing?

This is factually incorrect.   UK Police forces name people as suspects all the time.

Cliff Richard was named as a suspect by the South Yorkshire Police who put serious allegations into the public domain prior to him being interviewed by the police.

The Police were unlawfully assisted, on this occasion, by the BBC who even provided a camera helicopter, do you consider Cliff to be armed and dangerous?

A more recent case is Edward Heath, he's no threat to the public, he's been dead for 10 years.

You also write that the Crimewatch programmes and press conferences are because the media demand it.  So are you saying if Rupert Murdoch wanted something then the Police would obey?
JJ

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:08 am

JJ wrote:
Firstly NO police force would tell the public if anyone was a suspect.  NO police force.... can you imagine the media frenzy that would ensue.  The only time would be if that person was armed and dangerous.  Even when they have a suspect rarely do they even release a name, it is the press that delves and finds out these things.  It is not proper to name anyone as a suspect until they are arrested, and it is not up to the police to give a running commentary.

As to the other things re Jane Tanner and the last photo, I am sure OG know what they are doing, they have far more info than we will ever have, so I will wait and see what the outcome will be

I haven't seen a running commentary from them either, just a couple of crimemwatch programmes and press conferences, that you would expect and the media want it, after all an awful  of public money is being spent and questions asked, so they have to sometimes give into the pressure and put out some sort of statements etc.  

This is factually incorrect.   UK Police forces name people as suspects all the time.

Cliff Richard was named as a suspect by the South Yorkshire Police who put serious allegations into the public domain prior to him being interviewed by the police.

The Police were unlawfully assisted, on this occasion, by the BBC who even provided a camera helicopter, do you consider Cliff to be armed and dangerous?

A more recent case is Edward Heath, he's no threat to the public, he's been dead for 10 years.

You also write that the Crimewatch programmes and press conferences are because the media demand it.  So are you saying if Rupert Murdoch wanted something then the Police would obey?

Firstly can you point me to where they do please, unless as I said they may be a danger to the public.

Cliff Richard IIRC was not named a suspect. Police generally do not name suspects. Allegations have been made I presume and the police are investigating, I would like you to point me to a link where police have actually said CR is or was a 'suspect' I haven't actually seen anything about police naming Edward Heath a 'suspect' either - same goes for that, police are investigating him, and with him being dead anyway it is not so important as getting a fair trial and safety etc. Police you usually say a person has been interviewed etc. They do not even in most cases give a name, it is the media that dig this up.

As to your last point JJ you are putting words in my mouth, I am saying no such thing. Millions have been spent and questions asked, it is only natural that police would update the public and media now and again.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:09 am

[quote="JJ"] So are you saying if Rupert Murdoch wanted something then the Police would obey? /quote]

Probably, although indirectly via Downing Street and the Home Office
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:12 am

Do you think that Robert Murdoch knows exactly what happened (or as good as) to Madeleine McCann...
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:13 am

I agree - it is very unusual to name suspects unless they are considered dangerous to the public.

It is the media which has the habit of naming people being interviewed - for example Jo Yeates' landlord - and sometimes making up stories about them.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:22 am

Look at this way though...

Imagine the McCanns and the Tapas lot were named as suspects when the OG investigation began. They were hauled in for questioning in front of the Worlds Media etc.....

Only for OG to announce they have re-questioned everyone and can categorically say that the McCanns and their friends had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance and have totally been ruled out....

So we are looking / concentrating on burgalators etc.

I know which way round I prefer it.......

IMO.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblewrapped on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:34 am

ACPO guidelines on police naming of suspects

The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) issued a set of guidelines to the police on this subject. The guidelines stated that the police should not generally provide the names of people under investigation to the media. If they do not actually identify the suspect, the police are allowed to give some details such as age, occupation or where the suspect is from.

The ACPO guidelines also state that once an individual has been charged then the police can and will identify them to the media, usually providing name, age and occupation. There are certain exceptions; for instance this applies to adults (see other articles for juveniles). The official release of this information will include details of the charge and subsequent court appearances.

In what it terms ‘exceptional circumstances’, the ACPO guidelines accept that police may release the name of a suspect prior to a charge, if it is in the public interest to do so. Moreover, when a media organisation has already discovered the suspect’s name through investigative journalism and seek confirmation of it, the police are permitted to confirm the name.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/media-law/media-identification-of-suspects.htm
Bubblewrapped

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:35 am

Thanks susible for your kind post. There are so many sides to what we have began to work out ,but after so many years . I must say often a question pops up from a newish person here and elsewhere , and s sudden memory comes forward and we can at times help each other to look here or there.The amazing thing we do realize what we know we have looked at ,but it takes a long time to actually get all that you need first ,before you start to slip some things into place . Haha not that we have it all sown up I fear. I think it was petermac that has said ,now its not %100 he ,may have been mr Bennett. Anyway the gist was ,and I think it strue . we can almost not got too tied up in some if timelines ,that are possably don't mean a thing ,just made up to suit where and when to cover backs , I added that last bit ,I don't want to make remarks that upset people . regards to all joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:45 am

Bubblewrapped wrote:ACPO guidelines on police naming of suspects

The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) issued a set of guidelines to the police on this subject. The guidelines stated that the police should not generally provide the names of people under investigation to the media. If they do not actually identify the suspect, the police are allowed to give some details such as age, occupation or where the suspect is from.  

The ACPO guidelines also state that once an individual has been charged then the police can and will identify them to the media, usually providing name, age and occupation. There are certain exceptions; for instance this applies to adults (see other articles for juveniles). The official release of this information will include details of the charge and subsequent court appearances.

In what it terms ‘exceptional circumstances’, the ACPO guidelines accept that police may release the name of a suspect prior to a charge, if it is in the public interest to do so. Moreover, when a media organisation has already discovered the suspect’s name through investigative journalism and seek confirmation of it, the police are permitted to confirm the name.

Thank you for posting that Bubblewrapped.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblewrapped on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:48 am

candyfloss wrote:

Thank you for posting that Bubblewrapped.

Smile

Bubblewrapped

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:04 pm

Snipped from the bottom of the above link:

In 2008, Express Newspapers paid £550,000 in a libel settlement to the Find Madeleine campaign after they published suggestions and false allegations in various articles that Kate and Gerry McCann had caused the death of their three-year-old daughter Madeleine who disappeared during a family holiday in Portugal the previous year.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Re:Nicola Wall....

Post  costello on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 5:50 pm

Andrew wrote:Do you think that Robert Murdoch knows exactly what happened (or as good as) to Madeleine McCann...

Absolutely Andrew.
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 9:54 am

JJ wrote:

Just some more info @JJ relating to this latest news story re Karen Buckley. The police said he was not a suspect, see Russian Doll's posts at the beginning of the thread...

here is one of RD's posts, the other is at the start of the thread...

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t898-dogs-gave-indications-body-had-been-in-boot-of-car-karen-buckley-s-killer-pleads-guilty-to-murder

Quote Russian Doll:

The man she left with, Pacteau, is aged 21. Like I said, take those not a suspect words with a big pinch of salt. They mean nothing.

ETA  SKY SOURCES STATING THAT THE DETAINED MAN IS INDEED 21 YR OLD ALEXANDER PACTEAU.

AND NOT A MENTION BY SCOTTISH BB1 OVER AT THE COVEN ABOUT A YOUNG WOMAN MISSING IN GLASGOW.
STRANGE UNTIL YOU CONSIDER THAT THE MAN THE POLICE HAVE REF TO AS " NOT A SUSPECT " ALL DAY HAS JUST BEEN ARRESTED.

SO REDWOOD'S WORDS WHEN QUESTIONED MEANT NOTHING. AS MOST RATIONAL PEOPLE BELIEVED.

Neither her parents nor their friends are suspects or persons of interest.

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top