MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

£11 Million spent - time to end?

+30
kylie
JJ
Mo
LombardySkeptik
joyce1938
froggy
Freedom
margaret
dantezebu
Dee Coy
Inca
PeterMac
PMR
AndyB
gbwales
TheTruthWillOut
Guinea Pig
Cristobell
Châtelaine
bluebell
Hellsbells
Burst
Me
costello
candyfloss
Bampots
Poe
dogs don't lie
Mimi
Andrew
34 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

£11 Million spent - time to end?  - Page 10 Empty Re: £11 Million spent - time to end?

Post  Andrew Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm

Funnily enough I was reading this earlier from B H-H 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11852182/Police-officers-can-catch-buses-to-get-to-crime-scenes-says-Britains-top-cop.html

...Urgent response needed to an armed robbery and half a dozen policemen are sat at the bus stop for the number 24. Which probably won't turn up anyway.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

£11 Million spent - time to end?  - Page 10 Empty Re: £11 Million spent - time to end?

Post  LombardySkeptik Fri 11 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm

its still less than the cost of checking to see if Assange has left the Ecuadorean embassy for a date Smile
LombardySkeptik
LombardySkeptik

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 11 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

And do you know what the best part is?..... The comments have been moderated in advance!

Back to top Go down

£11 Million spent - time to end?  - Page 10 Empty Re:£11 Million spent-time to end?

Post  costello Fri 11 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:

And do you know what the best part is?.....  The comments have been moderated in advance!

I noticed that too DDL, I really hope this is a good sign.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:16 pm

I have just heard that on the radio news Andrew, 10 million spent plus another 2 million allocated for next year?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:18 pm

Madeleine McCann: More than £10m spent on missing person investigation, Government reveals

More than £10 million has been spent on the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, it was revealed tonight.

Home Office minister Lord Bates said the total cost up to the end of June was £10.1 million and the department has budgeted a further £2 million for the investigation over the next year.

Madeleine - who was three when she went missing from the family's holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, on May 3, 2007 - has become one of the most famous missing person cases of all time.

In 2014, Metropolitan Police officers were sent to Praia da Luz as part of their continuing investigation into her disappearance.

The figure was disclosed in an answer to a written parliamentary question in the House of Lords.

Lord Bates said: "The total cost of the investigation in to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann (Operation Grange), up until end of June 2015, is £10.1m. The Home Office has budgeted £2m for the investigation in 2015/16.

"The Home Office funds this work from the Special Grant budget. The level of funding provided to the Metropolitan Police in relation to this investigation is reviewed regularly and will continue to be monitored."

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:36 pm

A further £2m over the next year... has to be something they're working on?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:38 pm

So another 2 million allocated for next year, so the question has to be how can this possibly be a whitewash - they obviously think they are getting somewhere otherwise it would be wound up?

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm

Yes, so if I'm reading that right, the 2 million is to last until June next year.

So June 2016 is when we will get results then.

They won't spend anymore after this allocated lot is up. Imo.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:05 pm

It was Lord Black of Brentwood, who asked the question according to this article..

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-investigation-has-cost-more-than-101m-11364004537325
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:06 pm

Why has the Press Association released this story again when it only came out on Sept. 2nd (see first post in this thread) in all the press? scratch confused

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:08 pm

I'm surprised they think they need 2 million next year when they could solve it next week
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:17 pm

Hellsbells wrote:I'm surprised they think they need 2 million next year when they could solve it next week

Most crimes are probably quite easily worked out and solvable Hellsbells, it is finding the proof and evidence against their suspects that is hard.. Many Crime and investigation programmes I watch, the cops know almost immediately who dunnit, and sometimes take years getting evidence, or in some case can't and the case lies dormant for years, but inevitably the culprits are caught - usually someone talks years later, or they set up sting operations.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:26 pm

This case will have to be watertight and then some. Plus IMO it won't just be about MBMs 'disappearance ' financial crime , conspiracy to pervert the course of justice etc. Totalled up it will be good value for money
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:10 pm

This is great news and I'm feeling confident. Just one thing though, hasn't DCI Nicola Wall recently sent a letter to the Portugeuse asking for their assistance? If so has she had a response?
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:19 am

@5haronl they will spend endless money on this #McCann case to ensure the truth is never known. Why is that UK Government?

The tweet above appeared on McCann hashtag 2 hours ago in reply to a tweet giving link to the 'expensive charade continueth' thread elsewhere.

So according to the title of that thread Operation Grange is a charade, therefore my first question is............  err, how do you know this, do you know what Op Grange are doing, the answer is of course you don't.  I also ask the question, why would any Government spend 'endless money' to ensure the truth is never known.............. what are they doing all these years to ensure that? Why open up the case after the 'review' stage.  Why spend millions when they could have just closed down the investigation years ago, and said they have done all they could and the trail was now cold.  Even whitewashing it now would not have the desired effect as people would still have the files and their opinion so things would not change.  This is the beauty of this case the files are out there for all to see, they know this, and I believe are working with the PJ to bring the people responsible to justice.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:03 am

There's no way it will carry on indefinitely and also no way it will be funded for years to come.

I genuinely think they have most of the jigsaw pieces now and the end is in sight (or by mid next year).

As PMR said, the complexity of it all and the number of people involved in some way shape or form, is where all the time and money has been spent.

We're getting close now.

And if it was a whitewash, then as said before, it's the worst and most ridiculous, pathetic attempt at one. Ever.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:19 am

Andrew wrote:There's no way it will carry on indefinitely and also no way it will be funded for years to come.

I genuinely think they have most of the jigsaw pieces now and the end is in sight (or by mid next year).

As PMR said, the complexity of it all and the number of people involved in some way shape or form, is where all the time and money has been spent.

We're getting close now.

And if it was a whitewash, then as said before, it's the worst and most ridiculous, pathetic attempt at one. Ever.

I'm not so sure about that. The longer it can be dragged out, the easier it is to say that every lead has been thoroughly investigated, but sadly no conclusion can be reached as to exactly what happened or who is to blame.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:27 am

I am encouraged by this:

Snipped from Hideho Taylor

I have spoken several times to detectives on the case... There is no question in my mind...at least at their level that everything EVERYTHING was being looked at.. When I asked about the discrepacies in which door was used..he followd with the comment, thays why its a.murder squad.. I was encouraged to send my vids and also other links.... For many resons I do not believe it is a whitewash... but doesnt mean Im right or others are right...we just have to wait...

Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:51 am

candyfloss wrote:
Hellsbells wrote:I'm surprised they think they need 2 million next year when they could solve it next week

Most crimes are probably quite easily worked out and solvable Hellsbells, it is finding the proof and evidence against their suspects that is hard..  Many Crime and investigation programmes I watch,  the cops know almost immediately who dunnit, and sometimes take years getting evidence, or in some case can't and the case lies dormant for years, but inevitably the culprits are caught - usually someone talks years later, or they set up sting operations.  

Also, with this amount of money being spent, it says to me that it is NOT just on suspicions relating to the McCanns - IMO Maddie`s fate was just a small part of a much wider circle which has leads criss crossing all over the place.

They would not be spending £12,000,000 merely on bringing the McCanns to justice.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:55 am

Is hideho saying that she's spoken to OG detective's then....

Surprised if they gave anything away...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:02 am

ITV are reporting it now. Although more or less word for word as the others.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-09-17/madeleine-mccann-investigation-has-cost-more-than-10-million/
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:06 am

Andrew wrote:Is hideho saying that she's spoken to OG detective's then....

Surprised if they gave anything away...

Yes I take it that she has - also they have asked her to send in her videos etc.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next