MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grass smells like corpses

+4
Admin
Andrew
dogs don't lie
Hellsbells
8 posters

Go down

Grass smells like corpses Empty Grass smells like corpses

Post  Hellsbells Mon 07 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm

Apparently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3225391/The-summery-whiff-freshly-cut-grass-smell-DEATH-chemical-given-fresh-cadavers-study-reveals.html

The summery whiff of freshly cut grass is also the smell of DEATH: Same chemical is given off by fresh cadavers, study reveals

Hexanal is found in mixture of gases released in the days after death
Several days later, when the body starts to get bloated, indoles, chemicals more usually found in heady perfumes, can be detected
Researchers say the finding could help better train police dogs

Just saying
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Grass smells like corpses Empty Re: Grass smells like corpses

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 07 Sep 2015, 8:27 pm

I think we can safely say there was no freshly cut grass stored in the holiday apartments wardrobe!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Tue 08 Sep 2015, 7:58 am

probably not, but if scientists have only just discovered this thing about grass it makes you wonder if there's anything else in the same category.
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 08 Sep 2015, 8:04 am

True, but I don't think anything else could be connected to ALL other alerts either, whether it's fresh grass, nail polish or paint thinner.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Tue 08 Sep 2015, 8:16 am

I'm sure you are right but I was just trying to close every possible argument that the dogs got it wrong.
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 08 Sep 2015, 8:19 am

I know, it's very hard to believe the reasons why no one has been called up on all those alerts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 08 Sep 2015, 11:07 am

Kate was a part time gardener and mowed all the lawns in Rothley, before Portugal. 

The kids loved playing with freshly cut grass so we found some and kept it behind the sofa and in the wardrobe.

We drove past some grass that had just been cut so we stopped and put some in the boot to keep as a souvenir. 

Cuddlecat got in a fight with a lawnmower. 

.... Will this be the next strategy to explain away the dog alerts.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 08 Sep 2015, 11:08 am

Not sure why the text has enlarged. Stupid phone. Freedom can you adjust please.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Sep 2015, 11:09 am

Andrew wrote:Kate was a part time gardener and mowed all the lawns in Rothley, before Portugal. 

The kids loved playing with freshly cut grass so we found some and kept it behind the sofa and in the wardrobe.

We drove past some grass that had just been cut so we stopped and put some in the boot to keep as a souvenir. 

Oh Andrew that is so funny, I thought for a minute at first they were quotes from the book.  

Grass smells like corpses 4274503960

PS - Have altered the size

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Grass smells like corpses Empty Re:Grass smells like corpses.

Post  costello Tue 08 Sep 2015, 11:45 am

Hellsbells wrote:I'm sure you are right but I was just trying to close every possible argument that the dogs got it wrong.

I really don't think Martin Grime would have been asked to work with the F.B.I. if the dogs had got it wrong, do you?  This only strengthens my opinion the dogs were 100% correct.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 08 Sep 2015, 12:08 pm

Andrew wrote:Kate was a part time gardener and mowed all the lawns in Rothley, before Portugal. 

Haha! Those excuses are proberly next in line!

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Tue 08 Sep 2015, 12:19 pm

Clutching at straws.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Tue 08 Sep 2015, 5:29 pm

costello wrote:
Hellsbells wrote:I'm sure you are right but I was just trying to close every possible argument that the dogs got it wrong.

I really don't think Martin Grime would have been asked to work with the F.B.I. if the dogs had got it wrong, do you?  This only strengthens my opinion the dogs were 100% correct.

well I think that's irrelevant, costello. I can think of lots of people who have been given good jobs who didn't deserve them (eg many politicians). But if you close your mind to any possible new developments and then don't attempt to dismiss them through logical arguments and debate you aren't taking everything into account are you
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 08 Sep 2015, 5:42 pm

If the dogs get things wrong in this case or others then I am positive the police would not use them, what would be the point.  Moreover they are very expensive to use, and we saw recently the dogs were taken again to PDL, now would they do that if they got it wrong. They have been used in many cases here recently too.

Are you saying Mr Grime did not know his job and was not good at it?  As Costello said, he went to work for the FBI and has been a witness in a murder trial.  I haven't seen anywhere in that article that states the dogs get confused with grass or dead bodies, just that it will help detect earlier.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Grass smells like corpses Empty Re: Grass smells like cadaver.

Post  costello Tue 08 Sep 2015, 5:43 pm

Believe me Hellsbells I am taking everything into account as far as cadaver dogs are concerned, as I have previously stated up thread I go with the dogs 100%.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Tue 08 Sep 2015, 5:53 pm

candyfloss wrote: I haven't seen anywhere in that article that states the dogs get confused with grass or dead bodies, just that it will help detect earlier.  
that's why I posted it candyfloss. I am not a scientist so I don't know but I thought others might be able to say if it was relevant to the case. Science moves along all the time and if there is anything new that wasn't known at the time it should be considered and if necessary ruled out.
obviously most of you think it isn't relevant, sorry for bringing it up, I thought I was being helpful.
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 08 Sep 2015, 6:09 pm

Hellsbells wrote:
candyfloss wrote: I haven't seen anywhere in that article that states the dogs get confused with grass or dead bodies, just that it will help detect earlier.
that's why I posted it candyfloss. I am not a scientist so I don't know but I thought others might be able to say if it was relevant to the case. Science moves along all the time and if there is anything new that wasn't known at the time it should be considered and if necessary ruled out.
obviously most of you think it isn't relevant, sorry for bringing it up, I thought I was being helpful.

Yes thanks for bringing us the story, I was just giving an opinion.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 08 Sep 2015, 8:33 pm

@ Hellsbells

Obviously, at least in my specter, it is quite irrelevant.
The dogs were trained on cadaver and blood.
They've been doing that on some 200 cases without mistakes, some of which resulted in a conviction without a corpse.
Introducing "grass" scent here is interesting in itself, but IMO not the way you pose it and not in the way Apartment 5A in PdL nor anything else belonging the the McCs [and no-one else] were alerted too.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum