Miscellaneous Criminal Cases

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Miscellaneous Criminal Cases

Post  chirpyinsect on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:06 am

Not near myself but a lorry driver friend of ours had just driven down the M74 at Lockerbie 30 minutes before the crash.
It was also the 40th birthday of our best man and I had just phoned to wish him well then it came on the 9pm news.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:18 pm

Many tragic stories of course but the one about the young lad who by chance was at a neighbour's house and so survived while his parents and sister were killed, has remained in my mind.

There was also an older brother who apparently had been kicked out of the family home so he had to live with never having patched up whatever the problem was. He didn't get his life back on track and died young of a drugs overdose.

P.S. I've only now learned that the other brother died tragically young too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1371726/Lockerbie-orphan-hit-by-train-had-drunk-14-pints.html
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 7:27 pm

I was reading this earlier on this aft. Will stick it here:

Snipped:

When a horrific murder takes place, particularly in a close-knit community, the impact is felt for decades to come.
But, as well as the pain felt by the victims' families, there is also the physical legacy of the houses and gardens which are inextricably linked to the heinous crimes.
More often than not, houses connected to notorious killings are demolished, in a bid to destroy the memories which will forever be associated with that site.
The move is largely to stop ghoulish souvenir-hunters plundering the house and garden for relics of the notorious crimes - but there is also the reality that most people do not want to live in a home with such sinister connotations.
Here, we take a look at some of the homes on the macabre list of buildings razed to the ground - including Fred and Rose West's House of Horrors and Josef Fritzl's secret dungeon home - as well as those properties which are still standing today, despite their darkened past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4037870/The-houses-horrors-sinister-properties-notorious-serial-killers-including-Yorkshire-Ripper-Fred-Rose-West-unleashed-heinous-crimes.html
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:17 pm

Interesting reading if a bit gruesome.

I don't think that it was necessary to label the photos of Fred and Rose West left and right to distinguish them!

Some of these houses remain standing - could any of us live in them, knowing the history?

Another that was demolished, but isn't listed, is the one where Tia Sharp was killed.

Note the comment on this link about Dennis Nilsen's flat.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27858261.html

NOTE
Buyers are asked to research the history of this property.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:33 pm

I did notice the website shows nearby similar properties but they are priced £100,000 more !

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:36 pm

One of them is actually in the same house!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:38 pm

Freedom wrote:One of them is actually in the same house!

affraid I was wondering about the other tenants in that house. Blimey.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:52 pm

I presume that you mean at the time that Nilsen was arrested?

I know from programmes about the case that they got together en masse - together with Nilsen ironically - to complain to the landlord about the drains being blocked. He sent Dyno Rod round and the rest as they say is history.

What a shock it must have been to find out what had been going on under their noses.

P.S. Another one not on the list is the Philpott house. I'm sure that was demolished rather than being renovated.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:27 pm

Actually no, I was wondering how it had affected the price of other flats in the house.     cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:39 pm

Slightly O/T.

Snipped from the DM link about Ian Huntley:

The meticulous clean-up carried out by Huntley and Carr meant that police found no blood, hair or fingerprints from either girl inside the house, except for prints of Holly's hands found on a box of chocolates she had given to Maxine Carr weeks earlier.

This will set 'poster' off.... but I must admit that did 'stand out' a bit when I read it earlier.

Absolutely no trace whatsoever? scratch

I actually can't remember if I've read that before and forgotten or never knew that. scratch

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:59 pm

Remember Becky Watts, the young girl killed and butchered by her stepbrother? No dna there either, even though he used a chain saw in his bathroom. pale
Was said he probably covered the walls with cling film and possibly did a bit of new plumbing too. No

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:08 am

bluebell wrote:Remember Becky Watts, the young girl killed and butchered by her stepbrother?    No dna there either, even though he used a chain saw in his bathroom.     pale
Was said he probably covered the walls with cling film and possibly did a bit of new plumbing too.       No

Yes, I remember the case well. I say well, I can't recall the details you mentioned.

Horrific stuff.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Groene family murders

Post  Freedom on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 9:40 am

I'd never heard of this case until by chance I found a video about it on YouTube.

That doesn't seem to be available now but here's a fairly recent update on the sole survivor from a family of five.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297389/Woman-moves-10-years-surviving-two-month-captivity-man-murdered-family-Survivor-expecting-miracle-child-fearing-lingering-injuries-make-conceiving-impossible.html

I'm not normally a supporter of capital punishment but I have no problem with the creature responsible for this; sadly he hasn't been put down yet.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 9:11 am

I read this article late last night.

It's now been updated this morning to say her parents have been charged:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4107734/Missing-girl-dead-inside-parents-restaurant.html

Parents are charged with MURDER after missing five-year-old girl's body is found 'concealed' inside their Chinese restaurant, a day after they sparked police search by claiming she 'wandered off'

Ashley Zhao had last been seen by her parents about 5pm on Monday in Ohio
The five-year-old's mother called police to report her missing about 9pm
Her mother has now been charged for murder, and dad with conspiracy charges
A desperate search was launched on Tuesday in an effort to find the missing girl
Police said on Tuesday she was found 'concealed' inside the family's restaurant

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:14 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-38579407

A 15-year-old girl has been charged with the murder of a 7-year-old.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:18 am

Freedom wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-38579407

A 15-year-old girl has been charged with the murder of a 7-year-old.

Yeah it's horrific and so terribly sad this one.

I read another article that she had her throat slit.

Absolutely awful.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 3:19 pm

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:03 am

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 8:30 pm

Such a very sad case. What a beautiful little girl she was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hunt-woman-missing-more-year-9631619

Victoria Cherry, 44, from Fulwood in Lancashire, has not been seen since October 2015 - and a man has been arrested on suspicion of killing her despite no body having been found
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 4:02 pm

Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

This case was mentioned a while back on here. They've just both been given 13 years. No where near long enough Evil or Very Mad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4135428/Mother-fed-daughter-drugs-death-jailed.html
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Woman plots to let man rape her seven year old daughter

Post  AndyB on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:12 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/23/woman-jailed-plot-paedophile-stuart-bailey-rape-daughter-wales

A woman who plotted to let a paedophile rape her seven-year-old daughter has been jailed for nine years.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, planned a sexual attack on the girl with Stuart Bailey in a series of “depraved” text messages, Cardiff crown court heard.

She also sent the 54-year-old a naked picture of her daughter and bought sleeping pills to drug her, the court was told.

The pair exchanged dozens of messages and the offences only came to light when the woman’s partner found the messages on her phone and reported her, the court heard.

Bailey, who was jailed for a total of 13 years, and the woman were found guilty of conspiracy to rape a girl aged under 13 after a trial in December.

Bailey, of Rhydyfelin in Pontypridd, south Wales, was also convicted of encouraging the distribution of indecent photographs of a child and encouraging the sexual assault of a child by another woman.

At an earlier hearing the woman admitted distributing five indecent images of a child and Bailey admitted possessing those images.

The judge, the recorder of Cardiff, Eleri Rees QC, said Bailey was prolific in contacting a number of women on the dating website Plenty Of Fish. She said a pattern emerged whereby Bailey quickly turned to talking about perverted and unlawful sexual activity, seeing how far he could push the women.

“The discussion, unless cut short by the women, would then escalate to you encouraging them to [engage in] sexual activity with children,” she said.

Officers began investigating in June last year after the woman’s then partner found the messages and she was arrested, Rees said. The investigation led police to Bailey who, it was discovered, was having similar discussions with other women.

Rees said of the pair: “You met once face to face for sex. During that encounter you, Bailey, saw a photograph of [the woman’s daughter].”

The mother later posed her daughter naked in the bath, exposing her genitals, to take pictures to send to Bailey. Another image showed the girl in school uniform with her underwear exposed, the court heard.

Rees said the pair claimed they never had any intent to carry out the content of their “depraved discussions of a perverted sexual nature”.

The mother, who was described as “vulnerable and gullible” by Rees, asked Bailey at one point what she would get out of the plan to rape her daughter and Bailey responded by mentioning sums of £200 to £300, the court heard.

The pair planned to rape the girl during the Whitsun school holiday and talked about drugging her. Rees said that despite speaking to her GP, who advised against giving a child melatonin, the mother went ahead and bought some online.

“By your own admission you tried it out a week before the rape was due to take place,” she said.

Lucy Crowther, for Bailey, said her client was “totally ashamed of his behaviour and his actions, which he acknowledges will affect his grown-up children and his partner, who is currently standing by him”.

Alex Greenwood, defending the woman, said social services had identified her as a person at risk of being manipulated by men prior to the offences and that was what had happened.

He said she had been “bullied, cajoled and blackmailed” by Bailey.

Both defendants were made the subject of sexual harm prevention orders and given one year of additional licence to serve.
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top