MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror ...Wojciech Krokowski

+10
candyfloss
Poe
Walt
Freedom
Hellsbells
chirpyinsect
Dee Coy
Mimi
froggy
Bampots
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mirror ...Wojciech Krokowski Empty Mirror ...Wojciech Krokowski

Post  Bampots Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:03 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-detectives-examine-former-6699750?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Madeleine McCann detectives examine former suspect's pictures after Sunday People probe
22:15, 24 OCT 2015 UPDATED 01:14, 25 OCT 2015
BY ADAM ASPINALL
Wojciech Krokowski's flat was searched after the three-year-old vanished but he was ruled out and has now given us snaps he took around the time she went missing

SHARES
 Subscribe
Andy ComminsWojciech Krokowski, pictured in WarsawKeen photographer: Wojciech Krokowski in Warsaw

Officers are scouring ­dozens of images from the camera of businessman Wojciech Krokowski, from Poland.

They are focusing on those he took while in Praia da Luz at the time Madeleine went missing – on May 3, 2007.

Krokowski’s flat was searched after the three-year-old vanished. Portuguese cops later ruled him out.

The images British ­detectives are looking at is in a batch of hundreds handed over to us by the Pole during an interview.

Among them is a ­picture of Mr Krokowski, 52, taken in Portugal in May 2007.

PAMadeleine McCannGlobal search: Madeleine McCann
It bears a resemblance to the image of a man walking with a sleeping child – an ­artist’s impression of the ­kidnap which was released in September 2007.

The picture was publicised widely in the hope it would jog ­memories about Madeleine.

But British police agreed the picture was not Mr Krokowski.

Mr Krokowski told our ­investigators he liked taking pictures of ­children while he was on trips abroad.

He said he was amazed he had not been contacted since ­police reopened the case in 2011. The Pole insisted: “ I am ready to speak to them any time they want.”

Mr Krokowski said he ­wanted to ­remove a shadow that has been hanging over him since he ­became the ­subject of an international manhunt over Madeleine.

It is the latest twist in the long-running saga in which British police have vowed to leave no stone unturned to solve the mystery of what ­happened to Madeleine.

The extensive Scotland Yard review, which began in 2011, has so far cost more than £10million, with an extra £2million set for next year.

Mr Krokowski and his wife Anetta, 50, stayed in the Solimar apartments in Burgau just two miles from Praia da Luz between Saturday April 28 April and Saturday May 5 in 2007.

E-fits of potential suspects which have built up since Madeleine McCann went missingImpression: Drawing of a child kidnap
Madeleine was snatched from her apartment while her doctor parents Kate, now 47, and Gerry, 46, dined nearby with friends.

We tracked Mr Krokowski to his office in the Polish ­capital. He admitted he enjoys taking pictures of ­children on holiday but ­that it was for ­artistic purposes. In his first-ever newspaper interview he said: “I take ­photos of old people, young people, landscapes and I have a lot of pictures from places like Thailand, Greece, Portugal, France, with kids on them.

“But I never thought about kids as a sexual object. Nothing like this, never, never never. I am a simple man with normal sexual orientations.”

Sunday PeopleRelaxed: Mr Krokowski on holiday
Mr Krokowski revealed that although Polish police officers quizzed the couple and searched their apartment and the home of his father, they never ­confiscated his camera or inspected his pictures.

Goncalo Amaral, the controversial detective who led the original Portuguese investigation before he was replaced, has said he regretted that the Polish police probe into the couple was not taken further and that they did not seize Mr Krokowski’s camera and look at his holiday pics at that time.

But Mr Krokowski, who describes himself as an “obsessive photographer” told us he still had every single picture he took the day Madeleine vanished and handed them over so we could pass them to Operation Grange.

Our man met Mr Krokowski at the offices of his interior design business in a suburb of central Warsaw near the banks of the river Vistula. Smart and professional, Mr Krokowski was in a meeting when we first called but cut the session short in order to speak to us when we ­explained who we were.

Over a couple of hours together he spoke at length about his involvement in the case and how he was eager to clear his name once and for all.

He revealed the accusations had cast a shadow over him and his wife for eight years and that he had no idea he was being thought of as a suspect until ­police knocked on his door.

Andy ComminsSolimar Apartments on Rua Da Nora in Burgau, Portugal, where Wojciech Krokowski holidayed with his wifeHoliday home: Solimar Apartments on Rua Da Nora in Burgau, Portugal, where Wojciech Krokowski stayed with his wife
The couple were made a top priority by Portuguese detectives in the ­immediate aftermath of Madeleine’s disappearance. They issued a CCTV picture of the Polish couple at a ­shopping mall in Portugal which went round the world.

The move came after a tourist claimed a man fitting Mr Krokowski’s appearance and driving a rental car was taking pictures of his children in the resort of Sagres just a 20-minute drive from Praia da Luz.

The tourist claimed he feared the man wanted to kidnap his daughter, who he said bore a striking resemblance to Madeleine. But by the time the report was made, the Krokowskis had left for their Warsaw home. They pair were ­approached by police within half an hour after returning.

Their rental apartment in Portugal was also searched by forensic science experts but no charges were brought.

Mr Krokowski said he has ­taken a close interest in the case and was surprised he had not been ­contacted since the early days of the investigation.

He said: “I have followed this issue and know the British police are re-investigating.

“They have not been in touch with me yet but of course I am ready to speak to them any time they want to.

PAGerry and Kate McCannTorment: Gerry and Kate McCann
“Me and my wife came back to Poland via Berlin.

“We came back on the Saturday evening and took the train to Warsaw on Sunday morning.

“Half an hour after we got back the Polish police visited me at home and said they were there because of Madeleine.

“I said, ‘Welcome, please look around, go through my flat.’

“I flew back by plane and train, it would have been impossible to take someone with me.

“They seemed satisfied with that and I was never contacted again.

“But still on the internet I find the reports from the Portuguese police about us as ‘suspects’ and everything we were supposed to have done at this time.

“I am never comfortable when I read this and see I am a suspect. It’s not so good.

“I thought it was strange that I was a suspect. I am a normal man.

PAMadeleine McCannStill missing: Madeleine McCann
“I like ­children. I dream of having them but my wife has had some problems with alcohol and petty crimes over the years so we never had them.

“But I am a great ‘father’ to my friend’s ­children so it was a great pity for me that some ­parents lost their daughter.”

Speaking about the photos from his holiday in 2007, Mr Krokowski said he was happy to hand them over.

He added: “We are not the type of people to lie on the beach so we travelled a lot in that area between Sagres and Burgau and I have plenty of photos from our time there but the police never asked for them.

Andy ComminsCCTV footage of Wojciech KrokowskiShopping: CCTV footage of Wojciech Krokowski and his wife in the week Maddie went missing
“I thought once maybe I should show those photos. They are not just ­landscapes, there are lots of people. Maybe something in there could be helpful.

“I collect all my photographs, I still have them from that trip, of course you can have them if they could help in anyway.”

The Sunday People can also reveal Operation Grange has been looking at possible leads in northern and central Europe.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Mirror ...Wojciech Krokowski Empty Re: Mirror ...Wojciech Krokowski

Post  froggy Sun 25 Oct 2015, 8:37 am

I expect Gerry will be eager to get his hands on those Smile
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 25 Oct 2015, 9:21 am

"“I like ­children. I dream of having them but my wife has had some problems with alcohol and petty crimes over the years so we never had them."

What an odd thing to admit to - I bet his wife isn`t too keen on him telling this to the whole world.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 25 Oct 2015, 9:54 am

"The Sunday People can also reveal Operation Grange has been looking at possible leads in northern and central Europe."

Oh for God's sake.

I guess Portugal can't be classed as Central Europe and Britain as Northern Europe by any stretch of the imagination, could they?

There is nowhere else to look!!

How would the Sunday People know about OG's leads, however?

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 25 Oct 2015, 10:20 am

Mimi wrote:"“I like ­children. I dream of having them but my wife has had some problems with alcohol and petty crimes over the years so we never had them."

What an odd thing to admit to - I bet his wife isn`t too keen on him telling this to the whole world.
Reading between the lines here, perhaps WK was singled out as the patsy ( or would be patsy) because of his wife's problems. Who would have had any knowledge of those?
He doesn't deny that he likes to photograph children so was he being watched?
I know you don't all agree that this was a hoax, planned in advance but if it was what role could WK have been playing if any? Or was he just an innocent but convenient template for Tannerman and Smithman?
A guy who likes to take photos including children, who was in PDL that week was seen by NL acting suspiciously, but the matter wasn't reported till after M went missing.
Afaik there has been no denial by him that he was at the beach just that he has stated he couldn't have travelled home with a child so must be innocent.
Very odd that the complaint was about the taking of photos yet Interpol? (was it them) didn't confiscate his camera. It would be the first thing checked surely.
My leaning at the moment until it can be refuted is that someone had a hold over him so he agreed to lay the groundwork for a shifty guy hanging around that week. He was instructed how to behave and what to wear, then to go home before the report was made. Maybe they didn't expect the PJ to find out who he was.
I welcome any comments as it is all a process of elimination. Not set in stone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:38 pm

He admitted he enjoys taking pictures of ­children on holiday but ­that it was for ­artistic purposes.

In his first-ever newspaper interview he said: “I take ­photos of old people, young people, landscapes and I have a lot of pictures from places like Thailand, Greece, Portugal, France, with kids on them.

so he (may have) said the second sentence, but the first sentence is an dishonest interpretation by the journalist writing the story to make him look like a weirdo

Last edited by Hellsbells on Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:31 pm

Hellsbells wrote:He admitted he enjoys taking pictures of ­children on holiday but ­that it was for ­artistic purposes.

In his first-ever newspaper interview he said: “I take ­photos of old people, young people, landscapes and I have a lot of pictures from places like Thailand, Greece, Portugal, France, with kids on them.

so he (many have) said the second sentence, but the first sentence is an dishonest interpretation by the journalist writing the story to make him look like a weirdo

I agree. They visit him incognito, he welcomes them withopen arms, talks to them at great length and even hands over to the press his saved photos in their entirety - photos which could be valuable evidence in on ongoing investigation. They repay him with this wilful misinterpretation.

Who sent them? Who, out of the blue, suggested to the People that this man may require further attention? The man who looks like Tannerman (since dismissed by the Met) - the people also published these two pictures in close proximity in their report:

Mirror ...Wojciech Krokowski E-fits-of-potential-suspects-which-have-built-up-since-Madeleine-McCann-went-missingMirror ...Wojciech Krokowski Wojcieh-Krokowski-fights-clear-his-name-in-the-Maddie-McCann-disappearance

Hmm.

This more I think about this the more I think it has a pink glow about it. Particularly because of those references to new leads in Northern and Central Europe. How many times have reports quoting a "spokesman for the McCanns" or "a source close to the family" included references to new leads or suspects which have turned out meaningless?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:54 pm

Mr Noodles on CMoMM has made a very good point.

Mr Krokowski took a large amount of photos all week. If nothing else, they will show what the weather conditions were like at the time "The Last Photo" was allegedly taken. And the state of bloom of the various flora at that time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Sun 25 Oct 2015, 2:14 pm

that's an interesting thought, Dee Coy. But if he is a keen photographer, there's also a chance, however small, that one of his many photographs may have intentionally (or more likely unintentionally) snapped Maddie in the background. That at least would prove she was still alive on that particular day. A photo of her, say, on 1st May would end speculation by some people that she died earlier in the holiday and focus attention on a smaller range of possibilities.
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 25 Oct 2015, 2:18 pm

Would anyone be able to confirm a child in the background was her? Every photo issued of her looks so different.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Sun 25 Oct 2015, 3:06 pm

summers and Swan were told to go look at the files,perhaps Grange have told some one else the same and they've happened upon this chap for their patsy.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sun 25 Oct 2015, 3:52 pm

Freedom wrote:Would anyone be able to confirm a child in the background was her? Every photo issued of her looks so different.

Would she be likely to be 'background' in many photos? She seemed to spend most of her time in the creche.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Sun 25 Oct 2015, 4:21 pm

actually Freedom, it would be amazing if Maddie (whatever she looked like) turned up in the background of any of the photos given that she was so conspicuous by her absence from the official holiday snaps.
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 25 Oct 2015, 7:06 pm

Just to pursue my thoughts that WK may have been part of the plan all along I wonder if he was conveniently caught on cctv when he went to Lisbon to buy a cd.
Seems odd to travel all the way from the Algarve (250miles) to Lisbon just to buy something that could have been available more locally.
There he was seen wearing the very clothing described by JT and the Smiths. Of course I think JT's was fabricated but IF this was a set up GM could have worn very similar clothes when he did his walkabout, knowing there would be a description of a man seen a few days before taking photos on a beach. The only way those descriptions differed was in the length of the hair.
Seems like a huge coincidence to me.

01_VOLUMEIa_Page_193

192 to 195 External diligence carried out at the Beach Bar in Burgau with CCTV images of Polish couple

In order to determine the comings and goings of the couple of Polish nationality, who spent their holiday in Burgau, we approached several business establishments and on the basis of the description which we have of the couple, the owner of the "Beach Bar" advised us that it could be two of his clients. He seemed to recall that the couple had lunch and dinner two or three times, without remembering the exact days, but it would have been at the beginning of the week. He knows that they are Polish because they spoke about football on the day of the Liverpool/Chelsea match, saying that Liverpool's goalkeeper was Polish. The match in question took place on May 1st 2007. They also discussed Portuguese and Brazilian classical music.

The couple know several performers from those countries. They asked the owner of the bar where they could buy music of this genre. The owner directed them to the FNAC shop at the Algarve shopping centre or to the Chiado commercial centre. They said they would probably go to Lisbon the same day. To the restaurateur, the couple seemed quite atypical of holiday-makers to that place. They paid in cash, the lady was often irritated and they dressed more formally than would expect for a summer holiday at a beach. The owner, however, did not perceive any abnormal behaviour from the couple.

The investigation determines that the couple effectively went to FNAC at the Chiado centre on May 2nd 2007 where they bought two comedy musicals CDs, paid for with credit card no. ... ... ... ..., the same one used to pay the Luzcar rent-a-car company for the hire of the vehicle, registration...AV-67. We seized the surveillance video and we attach photos from the FNAC surveillance system in which we can see the Polish couple in question.

01_VOLUMEIa_Page_194

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Sun 25 Oct 2015, 7:23 pm

Just thinking out loud here,OG are investigating a crime in Portugal,the Portuguese have the lead in this investigation,how then can OG show an interest in the Polish guy unless at the behest of the Portuguese?.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Sun 25 Oct 2015, 7:31 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:Just to pursue my thoughts that WK may have been part of the plan all along I wonder if he was conveniently caught on cctv when he went to Lisbon to buy a cd.
Seems odd to travel all the way from the Algarve (250miles) to Lisbon just to buy something that could have been available more locally.
There he was seen wearing the very clothing described by JT and the Smiths. Of course I think JT's was fabricated but IF this was a set up GM could have worn very similar clothes when he did his walkabout, knowing there would be a description of a man seen a few days before taking photos on a beach. The only way those descriptions differed was in the length of the hair.
Seems like a huge coincidence to me.

Why would he need to be out of the way on the 2nd?
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sun 25 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm

OG are investigating a crime that took place in Portugal, but will be free to pursue whatever lines of investigation they wish in 3rd party countries without reference to the Portuguese.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 26 Oct 2015, 8:59 am

My first thought is, as with all the Sunday "exclusives" that have been printed over the years, that this is pink spin and there is some real news about to break.

I wonder if there has been a decision regarding the appeal.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:50 am

I agree. And I'm wondering if the same can be said of the £100,000 fund fraud story in the Sun today, too. "The McCanns' spokesman" makes an appearance there, as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 12 Jun 2018, 4:51 pm

TB is voicing his opinions on twitter, but really, a 'planning meeting'! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Anthony Bennett‏ @zampos · 17m17 minutes ago

Replying to @FragrantFrog @aFairDebate @QueenDPortugal

I believe there was a planning meeting, maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday that week, when it was pre-agreed that #JaneTanner & #NunoLourenco would claim fake 'sightings' of a non-existent abductor, based on #WojcekKrokowski. I suspect #RobertMurat might have been involved too #McCann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 12 Jun 2018, 5:35 pm

I wonder if he has anything to substantiate this.......
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 12 Jun 2018, 5:55 pm

Let me guess: not.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Royston Tue 12 Jun 2018, 10:29 pm

Maybe TB is thinking of the samples matching Murrat and Tanner found at the Solamar apartments.
I have believed for some time that there was pre-planning for a staged abduction. Although I'm not with them 100%, I'm pretty much with theTextusa view about where these individuals fit in. With government agencies involved from the beginning, it seems that a lot of deflection of the local police was already in place, if a cover-up was required because of an accident or foul-play.

Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Tue 12 Jun 2018, 10:59 pm

Mirror ...Wojciech Krokowski Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jun 2018, 11:55 pm

candyfloss wrote:TB is voicing his opinions on twitter, but really, a 'planning meeting'! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Anthony Bennett‏ @zampos · 17m17 minutes ago  

Replying to @FragrantFrog @aFairDebate @QueenDPortugal

I believe there was a planning meeting, maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday that week, when it was pre-agreed that #JaneTanner & #NunoLourenco would claim fake 'sightings' of a non-existent abductor, based on #WojcekKrokowski. I suspect #RobertMurat might have been involved too #McCann

Following #McCann on Twitter I am guessing Ufercoffy is a sock of Team Tony.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next