MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

+11
candyfloss
PMR
wjk
Antonia
Guinea Pig
joyce1938
Bampots
froggy
Châtelaine
seahorse
Andrew
15 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 4 Empty Re: The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

Post  Andrew Tue 26 Jul 2016, 4:51 pm

I actually left a comment on the DM article saying the investigator could help solve the McCann case next.

It obviously wasn't allowed as that was at lunchtime.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 4 Empty Re: The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

Post  Freedom Thu 28 Jul 2016, 10:55 pm

Here is part 3 - even more boring and repetitious than the previous two.

http://www.itv.com/hub/the-investigator-a-british-crime-story/2a4104a0003
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 28 Jul 2016, 11:51 pm

Still not seen any of it. And the chances are I probably won't.

But the other doc (Damien Nettles thread) is fantastic. Really gripping stuff. If got time then do watch it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:09 pm

http://www.itv.com/hub/the-investigator-a-british-crime-story/2a4104a0004

Here's the last episode. I got so bored with the first half that I switched off. I'll watch the rest tomorrow.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:41 pm

I watched it all apart from the first 5 min as I forgot it was on.

At the end of it, the daughter of the missing woman still does not know where the body of her mother is. We know that the husband was an odd character to be polite about it and that his new girlfriend moved in with his wife and their daughter. But this was known anyway.

the wife must be dead as she would not have abandoned her young daughter to get away from a broken down relationship. She could have thrown him out or gone away with her daughter. in any divorce she would have got custody.

The daughter apparently approached ace investigator MWT to find out what really happened to her mother but she is now none on the wiser.

I may have got this wrong but it appear there is the possibility that the police may charge Patricia (girlfriend) with perverting the course of justice for porkies told to the police. She refused to be interviewed by MWT but there was correspondence from her solicitor to him.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 05 Aug 2016, 9:24 am

So nothing very new or sensational then. What a waste of four hours' viewing time. It could have been condensed into one 90 minute or two hour programme. The repetition makes me scream!

The daughter was 16 when Carole disappeared so I suppose it's possible that she thought she was old enough to fend for herself if she upped and left.

It certainly is probable though that her husband killed her. I can't imagine that he would not be screaming his innocence from the rooftops to this day if he genuinely had nothing to do with her disappearance.

He's more likely to have contacted a crap, sorry crack, private investigator like MWT to look into his case!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 11:41 am

Still not got round to watching it (apologies Freedom).

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/696818/Viewers-furious-The-Investigator-NOTHING-solved-Carole-Packman-Mark-Williams-Thomas

Doesn't look that I missed much and saved myself 4 hours of valuable time by the looks of it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 10 Aug 2016, 11:44 am

You have a week to serve your sentence, Andrew - I'll be asking questions then!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 11:49 am

Mark Williams-Thomas ‏@mwilliamsthomas 15h15 hours ago
Am about half way through all the emails-need to get through them all by end of the week. Will try to help as many as I can #TheInvestigator

Mark Williams-Thomas ‏@mwilliamsthomas 15h15 hours ago
Spent most of the day reading & then responding to emails from people asking for help about cases. So sad to see how many cases unsolved

So is the Investigator looking for another case to investigate.

I wonder how many of those e-mails suggested the Madeleine case and I wonder what his response was... apart from delete/block.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 10 Aug 2016, 11:54 am

Oh dear, how gullible some people are if, after seeing the programme about Carole Packman where MWT discovered almost nothing of any use, they think that he will be able to help them.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 12:13 pm

He needs to investigate his phoney self for starters.

Can I forfeit that sentence and pick chewing gum up off the streets or something instead.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 10 Aug 2016, 12:46 pm

Andrew wrote:He needs to investigate his phoney self for starters.

Can I forfeit that sentence and pick chewing gum up off the streets or something instead.
Haha! You're well-versed Andrew Laughing
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 10 Aug 2016, 12:49 pm

It could be a stepping stone to much greater things - it worked for MWT - so off you go, Andrew. Could you do the dog mess as well? That really will be of great service to the community.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 1:03 pm

By the looks of it, MWT will be back on the streets soon picking up gum so perhaps he can do the dog mess as well whilst he's at it. Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Aug 2016, 8:58 am

In reply to Piers Morgan
Mark Williams-Thomas ‏@mwilliamsthomas 56m56 minutes ago
@piersmorgan Morning-seeing as u brought it up-how many TV awards have u won - 'none'. I have 7 prestigious awards -that makes you a 'loser'

Bit of handbags going on with these 2.

Both pratts, imo.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:06 am

The two of them together on Piers' show would be interesting.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:08 am

Guinea Pig wrote:The two of them together on Piers' show would be interesting.

Or just stick them both in a boxing ring for half an hour.

I would happily pay to watch that.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:30 am

Andrew wrote:In reply to Piers Morgan
Mark Williams-Thomas ‏@mwilliamsthomas  56m56 minutes ago
@piersmorgan Morning-seeing as u brought it up-how many TV awards have u won - 'none'. I have 7 prestigious awards -that makes you a 'loser'

Bit of handbags going on with these 2.

Both pratts, imo.

Can anybody name any of the '7 prestigious awards' MWT has won? Am I interpreting this tweet correctly - or is it Piers Morgan who has the awards? Whoever has the awards I cant imagine what they were for.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:40 am

According to his wiki - which he probably wrote himself - he has won 4 awards.

And 2 of those are 'peabody' awards.

Is that like the opposite to bodybuilding or something scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 12 Aug 2016, 11:20 am

Yes, you'd think that he'd list all 7 on his webpage.

http://www.williams-thomas.co.uk/

The Peabody Award related to the Jimmy Savile programme.

http://www.peabodyawards.com/award-profile/exposure-the-other-side-of-jimmy-savile-and-exposure-banaz-an-honour-killin
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 08 Sep 2016, 4:57 pm

An interesting review of the programme - not everyone shares MWT's high opinion of himself!

I've never heard of Bob Woffinden before though he has written about many other cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Woffinden
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 08 Sep 2016, 5:42 pm

No, never heard of this Bob either but his take on the case is very interesting.

I know next to nothing really about the actual case and still not seen any of MWT's drivel so hard to comment really on that aspect of whether he's innocent or not.

He seems to think MWT is a bit of clown though and I'm in full agreement with him on that one.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 08 Sep 2016, 9:53 pm

If you just want a fairly brief account - without a load of MWT style flannel and padding - here's a story from last year about the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2986352/Daughter-begs-murderer-father-reveal-hid-mother-s-body-finally-admits-killing-30-years-later.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 10 Sep 2016, 2:15 am

With thanks to one of TB's socks. The same sock that publicly fell out with his other sock. What an amusing idiot.

Anyway the link:

http://gazetadigitalmadeleineandthemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2007/09/sky-news-crime-expert-is-director-of_15.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next