MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREXIT - The European Union referendum

+22
Benevolent
nannygroves
Satsuma
End
Andrew
bluebell
dogs don't lie
joyce1938
Hope
Mo
Bampots
chirpyinsect
espeland
Poe
coppernob
froggy
unreorganised
Inca
Freedom
Dee Coy
costello
Châtelaine
26 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

IN or OUT?

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 11 ]
BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 26 ]
BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 38

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Empty Re: BREXIT - The European Union referendum

Post  Hope Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:50 pm

Oops sorry. In Ireland when the Lisbon Treaty was rejected, a new scare campaign was ramped up until there was enough fear mongering to have a second referendum and it passed.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Empty Re: BREXIT - The European Union referendum

Post  joyce1938 Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:53 pm

Thanks for your kind reply Hope ,nice of you to bother,i feel we have lost confidence also that the maddie case will ever be resolved ,sad to say far too long gone by .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:56 pm

Hope wrote:Hi Joyce, yes you are right especially if it's close. I am a cynic since Bush JR 'won' in 2000 to bring on the Gulf War and finish what his father started.

Always nice to see you commenting Joyce, have a nice evening x
My comment went into oblivion. So am trying again...

Bush Sr. wrote a book and IIRC in chapter 9 he explained WHY one shouldn't invade Irak.
Unfortunately Jr. never got any further, than colouring his books [the 2 which were distroyed in a library fire at the White House  Cool
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Empty Re:Members referendum -stay or leave- in or out?i

Post  costello Thu 23 Jun 2016, 7:33 pm

I found this tweet on CMoMM a few minutes ago. Hope they don't mind me copying it. It's priceless!

Keith Adams [email=@keithadams]@keithAdams [email].8hours ago.
Just took 93yr Mum to vote, she's registered blind. In a very loud voice she said,"Which box for out"A
cheer went up from waiting voters.

Bless if only.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 23 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm

Might be a joke as there was one on FB saying "took my 93 year old mum to vote and she said, the McCanns are guilty. A cheer went up etc"

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Thu 23 Jun 2016, 8:15 pm

Joyce I know, we never imagined we'd be still here on forums in 2016. This case goes higher than the last Labour, Tory and Lib Dems and now Tories alone. Who or what is at the core of this? Poor Madeleine.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 23 Jun 2016, 9:29 pm

costello wrote:I found this tweet on CMoMM a few minutes ago. Hope they don't mind me copying it. It's priceless!

Keith Adams [email=@keithadams]@keithAdams [email].8hours ago.
Just took 93yr Mum to vote, she's registered blind. In a very loud voice she said,"Which box for out"A
cheer went up from waiting voters.

Bless if only.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/06/23/pro-leave-man-absolute-piss-ripped-making-story-mum/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:09 pm

I don't know where this happened but apparently the police were called to a woman offering the use of a pen to others at a polling station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9yzSDteAk
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:37 pm

It looks like Nigel Farage has already conceded defeat saying "It looks like Remain will edge it"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-referendum-nigel-farage-remain-edge-it-brexit-ukip-a7098526.html

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:04 pm

He has just unconceded according to David Dimbleby

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm

I was wondering how he could possibly know at this early stage.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:21 pm

Absolutely freedom! Douglas Carswell has just been on, and he is not exactly brimming with enthusiasm. Maybe they are nervous,to be fair they have had the might of the state flung at them and if the margins are close that will be problematic for Cameron. Fingers crossed for me......I want to go to bed but just can't at the moment........

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:45 pm

Brilliant speech by Nige as usual cheers
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:32 am

The pound is tumbling and we are watching a 9 to 10 percent drop possibly as the traders crap their pants. Too early to call says David.....to early to hope!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:57 am

It's nights like this when not being able to sleep due to pain is ok. Results getting very interesting, sterling collapsing, the talking heads were gobsmacked about Sunderland. Anyone else up?
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 4:08 am

6am here and looking like Leave will win. Hopefully I can start a Gofundme so I can eat next week. The pound will crash and our pension will be worth a lot less. Coupled with the rise in prices I may get my wish to finally lose some weight. Always a silver lining.
I did say Remain had shot themselves in the foot with the Jo Cox thing. Might just have made the difference.
Hope I wish you well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 24 Jun 2016, 4:53 am

Thanks chirpy at least this night passed quickly, it's just been called for Brexit, wow, now for the fireworks!
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:00 am

Hope wrote:Thanks chirpy at least this night passed quickly, it's just been called for Brexit, wow, now for the fireworks!

I think it will be difficult days ahead. I would be circumspect with the fireworks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:10 am

I meant fireworks as in all involved turning on each other and trying to keep their heads above water.
Is this the moment for Grange to step forward?
Is that why the Freud tale was floated by some of the media this week?

Many pensioners had to leave Portugal during the recession because their pensions plummeted and they had to sell their homes at a large loss. I hope those who stuck it out now see their pensions drop again and moving back becomes their only choice.

Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Empty Re:Members referendum -stay or leave- in or out?

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 6:18 am

Well I am surprised! interesting times ahead in more ways than one.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 6:32 am

Hope wrote:I meant fireworks as in all involved turning on each other and trying to keep their heads above water.
Is this the moment for Grange to step forward?
Is that why the Freud tale was floated by some of the media this week?

Many pensioners had to leave Portugal during the recession because their pensions plummeted and they had to sell their homes at a large loss. I hope those who stuck it out now see their pensions drop again and moving back becomes their only choice.

Please tell me I have misunderstood you. You wish financial disaster on people who made a choice to live abroad. Why would anyone want people to lose their homes or have their income slashed so they have to move back to a country that they left because elsewhere offered them a better life?
I left the UK 11 years ago for many many reasons, some financial, some for health reasons. I moved where the crime rate was 6% of the UK rate. But I did what was best for my personal circumstances, as anyone else would do. I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, but I certainly didn't think I would hear someone gloating about the possible financial ruin of others.
If I have misunderstood then I apologise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:59 am

That is how it reads to me, Chirpy.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 3 Empty Re:Members referendum -stay or leave- in or out?

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:10 am

David Cameron to resign! within the next 10 minutes.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:11 am

Really?

I've seen that he is to make a statement but it didn't say what.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:15 am

Freedom wrote:Really?

I've seen that he is to make a statement but it didn't say what.

Just heard on 'Good morning Britain' the word is (although not confirmed) he will resign.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next