MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREXIT - The European Union referendum

+22
Benevolent
nannygroves
Satsuma
End
Andrew
bluebell
dogs don't lie
joyce1938
Hope
Mo
Bampots
chirpyinsect
espeland
Poe
coppernob
froggy
unreorganised
Inca
Freedom
Dee Coy
costello
Châtelaine
26 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

IN or OUT?

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 11 ]
BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Vote_lcap68%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 26 ]
BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 38

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Empty Re: BREXIT - The European Union referendum

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:28 am

He's left!

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Empty Re: BREXIT - The European Union referendum

Post  Bampots Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:45 am

We need a steady head and must pull on the big boy trousers. Extended negotiations to leave imo with view to 3-5year extraction to keep everyone on board. Trade like we do now with no political interferance on British law!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:47 am

I can't help wondering if something will happen that prevents the exit actually happening but that may be wishful thinking or just me with my tin foil hat on.
By that I don't mean I'm hoping for some cataclysmic disaster. I think I just want it to have been a bad dream.
On another note I think Jeremy C had a dismal campaign. No passion whatsover. In fact he seemed totally wish washy. Hmmmmm.
Remain didn't factor in the importance of the immigration problem which seemed to me to be what swayed the balance. Cameron should have sussed it would be a major issue and gone out and reassured the country he would be pressing for rule changes, special measures etc. Instead he rolled out a series of experts and big business tycoons who spoke above the heads of the ordinary people.
The banking and financial institutions have been responsible for the mess in 2007 so people still blame them for austerity measures. Cameron should have realised this.
I foresee it getting worse. I think a mistake has been made but it is the will of the people.

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Empty Re:The European Union referendum.

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:12 am

I forgot to log-out last night, missed the Sunderland result. I was really surprised! to find out the result
this morning (must try not to be so cynical in future). I genuinely think this was the best decision and that things will change for the better, although it may take time. I hope Boris is the new PM.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:56 am

I agree with you chirpy. Just keep telling myself Norway seems OK and has prosperity.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:08 pm

Had a bit if a rethunk this morning and now thinking the best way forward is not to worry about it. The decision is made. Financially I will be worse off. We may lose our right to healthcare paid by the UK ( after both contributing to the system for many years) Ironically we were only just granted this in 2015. I don't plan to sell up and move back to the UK, so property prices are irrelevant. I love my life here and feel far better than I did in the cold and damp. I am nearly 60 years old and have a roof over my head and enough to get by on. Many are worse off than me, so why don't I just chill, pour another glass of lovely chilled rose at €3.19 a bottle and watch how things unfold.
Well done on the better campaign Brexit.

Just heard....vote of no confidence in Corbyn. No surprises there.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:16 pm

That's the way chirpy, you can't change it now so best not worry.

This is an interesting question, what happens to our passports now....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-happen-passports-uk-votes-8245465

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:35 pm

candyfloss wrote:That's the way chirpy, you can't change it now so best not worry.

This is an interesting question, what happens to our passports now....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-happen-passports-uk-votes-8245465

Valid till it runs out is my guess.

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Empty Re:The European Union referendum.

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:55 pm

The only 'downer' for me today is the thought of another Scottish referendum..... please no! To be honest I'm having difficulty believing Scotland's result 62/38 remain!... apologies rant over.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 1:12 pm

costello wrote:The only 'downer' for me today is the thought of another Scottish referendum..... please no! To be honest I'm having difficulty believing Scotland's result 62/38 remain!... apologies rant over.
Relatively unaffected by immigration would be my interpretation.

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 1:31 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
costello wrote:The only 'downer' for me today is the thought of another Scottish referendum..... please no! To be honest I'm having difficulty believing Scotland's result 62/38 remain!... apologies rant over.
Relatively unaffected by immigration would be my interpretation.

Not sure Chirpy. Peterborough alone voted 61% to leave, lots of migrants work in the fishing industry
up there.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 1:53 pm

Sorry should have been more clear. Illegal immigrants or economic migrants. Scotland not so badly affected. Take it you mean Peterhead and 61% to remain.
I remember in my area we had many people fleeing Bosnia then Kosovo. They were welcomed warmly by the locals because they wanted to work and many of them have lived there longer than they did in the Balkans. They added a diversity to the culture and once they got on their feet they were an asset.
I think the gradual take over of many large English towns and cities has angered a lot of people and the stories of ethnic gangs raping children and attacking women for being whores etc (whether true or propaganda) has frightened people.
The perception of immigration is entirely different in Scotland.
I don't hold with racist views myself but I feel the tide is shifting away from the UK being a predominantly white, Christian country and many people are fearing its erosion entirely.
If nobody was allowed in that has a criminal record, nobody was allowed more than one wife, nobody could take benefits until having lived there for x years, nobody could remain after spouting racial or religious hatred, then we might have had a different outcome.
Sadly, in order to continue to trade within the EU, GB will still have to permit the free movement of EU citizens because Brussels will dictate that but it will no longer have a vote or a veto in who is allowed to enter the EU. Think of the scaremongering over Turkey. What can they do about that now?
Anyhoo, off for another glass of zinfandel before I can't afford it. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 4:09 pm

Chirpy, it was probably me that misunderstood, 61% of people living in Peterhead voted to leave the
EU. Scotland has it's fair share of migrants. Still can't work out the voting ratio, I would have thought it would have been a closer call than 62/38 overall.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 24 Jun 2016, 4:42 pm

Apparently they will have to do it within the next 2 years, or 2 years from when Article 50 is submitted, during which time negotiations take place on treaties and agreements.  Who knows, it might be that during that time favourable agreements take place which would benefit Scotland and Pilchard, Salmon or whatever her name is might change her mind and think it`s worth remaining part of an independent UK.

In a way, as much as I hate `slick speaking Dave`, he might have been the best person to negotiate these terms over the next 2 years (though he didn`t do very well the last time).  Whoever takes his place as leader will have to be a keen negotiator and part of the Leave Campaign.  Jacob Rees-Mogg is the most clear headed Leaver at this moment in time.  No to Boris, no to Nigel, no to Miss Whiplash.  Maybe Michael Gove but he doesn`t want it anyway.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 24 Jun 2016, 4:58 pm

costello wrote:Chirpy, it was probably me that misunderstood, 61% of people living in Peterhead voted to leave the
EU. Scotland has it's fair share of migrants. Still can't work out the voting ratio, I would have thought it would have been a closer call than 62/38 overall.

But Aberdeenshire as a whole voted 55% to remain. I can understand the spread though in Peterhead as the Scottish f8shing industry was seriously affected by EU regulations and quotas.
My biggest shock was Glasgow. 66% remain on a 56% turnout.

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:14 pm

Mimi wrote:

Apparently they will have to do it within the next 2 years, or 2 years from when Article 50 is submitted, during which time negotiations take place on treaties and agreements.  Who knows, it might be that during that time favourable agreements take place which would benefit Scotland and Pilchard, Salmon or whatever her name is might change her mind and think it`s worth remaining part of an independent UK.

In a way, as much as I hate `slick speaking Dave`, he might have been the best person to negotiate these terms over the next 2 years (though he didn`t do very well the last time).  Whoever takes his place as leader will have to be a keen negotiator and part of the Leave Campaign.  Jacob Rees-Mogg is the most clear headed Leaver at this moment in time.  No to Boris, no to Nigel, no to Miss Whiplash.  Maybe Michael Gove but he doesn`t want it anyway.

Oh Mimi thanks so much you have explained this so well. I have heard on the news today that the hierarchy in Brussels are in tent on quickening up the process of article 50. This if correct has given
me a bit of hope also.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
costello wrote:Chirpy, it was probably me that misunderstood, 61% of people living in Peterhead voted to leave the

But Aberdeenshire as a whole voted 55% to remain. I can understand the spread though in Peterhead as the Scottish f8shing industry was seriously affected by EU regulations and quotas.
My biggest shock was Glasgow. 66% remain on a 56% turnout.

I certainly don't believe the Aberdeenshire vote Chirpy. As for Glasgow not even on my radar, speaks volumes in my opinion.The central belt has always been Ms Sturgeons stomping ground. Just my thoughts.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm

Mimi I'm intrigued to know who Miss Whiplash is Smile
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Empty Re:The European Referendum result.

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 6:36 pm

Mo wrote:Mimi I'm intrigued to know who Miss Whiplash is Smile

Just a guess here Mo, Theresa May?
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Fri 24 Jun 2016, 6:52 pm

costello wrote:

Just a guess here Mo, Theresa May?

Thanks Costello - I had thought of Ms May but I can't imagine her as a Miss Whiplash Smile
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:09 pm

Ha Very Happy No its Nicky Morgan - Education Secretary - the one who was bossing the teachers about a few months ago.

Apparently she wants to go for Prime Minister.

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 4 Nicky-10

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:18 pm

Haha! She looks like George Osbourne's sister. Razz
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:18 pm

No offense meant, but .. with such eyes and such mouth... no confidence on my side ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:24 pm

Boris odds on fave.

By some distance too. (earlier anyway)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:28 pm

And you'd favour Boris ... ?
Cool
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next