MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks

2 posters

Go down

The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks Empty The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks

Post  Andrew Thu 23 Mar 2017, 4:14 pm

I never watched the TV series back in the 90's but remember people who did at the time and said it was excellent.

I was just reading this before and it's quite a fascinating read so thought I'd stick it on a new thread. It's too long to C and P in full:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4336146/The-real-life-murder-Sand-Lake-NY-inspired-Twin-Peaks.html

EXCLUSIVE: From Sand Lake to Twin Peaks - How one woman's grisly unsolved murder in 1908 inspired the 90s cult TV drama that is making a comeback in a Showtime reboot
In preparation for the Twin Peaks' long-awaited reboot, which begins in May, residents of the town the original 1990 hit drama was based on are gearing up for a surge of fans eager to solve the mystery
Sand Lake is the real life version of Twin Peaks - and the character Laura Palmer, whose naked body is discovered in the river at the beginning of the show, is based on Hazel Drew
Sand Lake historian Bob Moore's phone has been ringing off the hook with amateur detectives offering their take on who killed 20-year-old Drew in July, 1908
And with over two dozen possible suspects, there is no shortage of theories about how the blond bombshell with a 'well-formed figure' mysteriously died
Mark Givens, who runs a Twin Peaks podcast, knows one thing for sure: the show and reality are eerily similar
'There are lovers and secrets - all very Twin Peaks. There are uncanny coincidences between the real murder and Laura Palmer's,' Givens said
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks Empty Re: The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks

Post  Bampots Thu 23 Mar 2017, 5:43 pm

Damn fine coffee Andrew!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks Empty Re: The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks

Post  Andrew Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:13 pm

Nescafe?

A good TV prog then....?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:06 pm

I loved it....but each to there own.....it is David Lynch.....then Sherrilyn Fenn is in it too...

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:29 pm

... Yeah I heard it was great. Heard of DL but not SF. (Rings a bell actually)

Will add it to the list of stuff to watch anyway.

Which probably will never happen.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:43 pm

The real life murder that inspired Twin Peaks Mv5bmt10v

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:55 pm

Is that SF in the red..... (on phone).

Absolutely if it is.

Which reminds me of the Star page 19 comment before...

A picture of Heidi Klum below.

Add both to the wotsit/crush thread.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down