MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it

+13
Antonia
dogs don't lie
TheTruthWillOut
joyce1938
candyfloss
Freedom
mumof6
unreorganised
Guinea Pig
Mimi
Rosa canina
Heisenburg
espeland
17 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Feb 2020, 10:01 am

So, this topic has been in the news day after day for weeks. 

I am very perplexed by all this.  Firstly we know nothing about this and although we are seeing a great number of people being taken into hospital, quarantine etc., masks suits the lot, we are not witnessing any symptoms as such.  No one is coughing etc. 

We are told daily how many are dying but we are not being told how many are surviving and getting over this.... how  long does it last.  The first cases were reported way back last December.  So why have we had no interviews with anyone who has recovered, and said what they actually experienced.  Odd or what.

Is this all for real, they say it is like the flu virus and healthy people should not worry, yet why all these precautions.  The flue reportedly kills many more during a session, yet we do not have such panic measures to try and quarantine people.  This last year's bug has been awful, with many having the worst chest infections I have seen for a long time, lasting literally weeks and weeks, but nothing is done about it.... you just know you have the flu.

Anyway, my question is what is all this?  Putting on the conspiracy hat, people are saying it is a virus let out from china from the labs.  Jokes on YouTube about someone dropping test tubes etc.  Then we are told it came from animals which I find hard to believe.  These markets have been going for many many years, and in earlier times, far less hygienic, yet now suddenly we catch things from animals, and suddenly start infecting other humans.  I don't buy that at all.

Here we didn't seem to bother much with this, now all of a sudden a bit of panic is setting in.  We are told the NHS is prepared and can cope.  Hmmm, they can't even cope with a Norvovirus epidemic in a hospital and the obvious shortage of staff to deal with all this, let alone hospital places.  Where are all these sick people going to go?  40,000 so far infected in China, are we going to be building super speed hospitals?

In my opinion we are being kept in the dark and fed rubbish and not told the whole story.

Anyway just wondered what other people's thoughts are, and are you worried?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty Re: Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it

Post  Freedom Tue 11 Feb 2020, 11:32 am

I am equally puzzled about this.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty Re: Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Feb 2020, 11:56 am

Freedom wrote: I am equally puzzled about this.

Hehe I like that Freedom, and nice in depth lengthy reply Very Happy

Another thought on this.  London is the capital of UK, visitors by the thousand, weekly, all manor of people from various parts of the globe coming here, and relatives visiting the multi-cultural city, yet, not a case here.  All the flights that come into the airports...…  Not a single case in London...…..  scratch

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Feb 2020, 12:08 pm

ah interesting, they must read here Very Happy  suddenly this has appeared on Sky news as regards the 'Super spreader' of the virus Steve Walsh... who has now fully recovered but still in isolation, hmmm

The 53-year-old's company said he has fully recovered after being diagnosed in Brighton on 6 February with coronavirus.
He contracted the virus in Singapore while at a business conference before going to the French Alps for a ski holiday, then returning to his home in Hove, East Sussex.
Mr Walsh is suspected of infecting 11 other Britons with the virus - five who are in the UK, five in France and one in Majorca - who were in France with him.
He has two children and is an assistant cub scout leader at the 3rd Hove St Leonards Scout Group where he is known as Shere Khan, according to the MailOnline.
In a statement from St Thomas' hospital in London, where he is in quarantine, Mr Walsh said: "I would like to thank the NHS for their help and care - whilst I have fully recovered, my thoughts are with others who have contracted coronavirus.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Feb 2020, 12:30 pm

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 11 Feb 2020, 1:07 pm

He was diagnosed only 5 days ago and is now well again? It doesn't sound too serious to me.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty Coronavirus

Post  poster Wed 11 Mar 2020, 2:20 pm

I think it's another deliberate media 'scare'. It's been orchestrated from high up, imo, as we have the WHO scare-mongering etc, etc. In terms of mortality, it appears to be on a par with flu. I think there will be a small percentage of people who will have made a fortune out of the crashing markets. A miracle 'vaccine' will no doubt pop up in the near future and be flogged at huge cost which will make a lot of of money for a few people.

I think the media are manipulating public opinion and want to see how many people 'fall for it'. Rather like the Madeleine McCann story it's a good story perhaps to 'bury' other important news or perhaps just to make a few people very rich while ordinary folk's lives become more difficult.

It's scandalous to think about how many ordinary people's businesses and indeed livelihoods have been affected by this.

I'd like see how Rees-Mogg's financial portfolio is looking these days. I think he's written about how to profit from crashes, or something.

I smell huge rats.

IMO.

The chap below sold at a very good time, it would seem. What a fortuitous coincidence!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Peter+Hargreaves+sold&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB715GB715&oq=Peter+Hargreaves+sold+&aqs=chrome..69i57.7842j0j7&source
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty The Coronavirus is worse than a divorce!

Post  poster Wed 11 Mar 2020, 3:04 pm

Have a look at what has been written over the way. As others have noted, those 'in the know' will have got out high and will buy low. It's amazing how greedy rich people can be, imo.

But best of all that headline!!!

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t16768p75-coronavirus-was-a-group-of-senior-freemasons-planning-this-back-in-2005#414400

Last edited by poster on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 11 Mar 2020, 3:10 pm

I shall don my tin helmet and take a look!

I noticed earlier that there's a refresher course for the troops on Smithman.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 11 Mar 2020, 7:00 pm

candyfloss wrote:ah interesting, they must read here Very Happy  suddenly this has appeared on Sky news as regards the 'Super spreader' of the virus Steve Walsh... who has now fully recovered but still in isolation, hmmm

The 53-year-old's company said he has fully recovered after being diagnosed in Brighton on 6 February with coronavirus.
He contracted the virus in Singapore while at a business conference before going to the French Alps for a ski holiday, then returning to his home in Hove, East Sussex.
Mr Walsh is suspected of infecting 11 other Britons with the virus - five who are in the UK, five in France and one in Majorca - who were in France with him.
He has two children and is an assistant cub scout leader at the 3rd Hove St Leonards Scout Group where he is known as Shere Khan, according to the MailOnline.
In a statement from St Thomas' hospital in London, where he is in quarantine, Mr Walsh said: "I would like to thank the NHS for their help and care - whilst I have fully recovered, my thoughts are with others who have contracted coronavirus.

The whole 'scare' seems to be about naming, shaming, pointing fingers, finding scapegoats, presenting 'facts' which aren't necessarily facts. It reminds me a bit of the MMR debacle where Dr Andrew Wakefield was hounded out of the medical profession in a emotionally-laden push to promote the MMR. Those who elected not to have their children vaccinated with the MMR were accused of having blood on their hands as measles is a 'killer' virus, supposedly. It's funny, because before there was a vaccine for measles, the majority of children got it and the human race was not wiped out. Far from it, it was known as a relatively benign disease and the children who were badly affected were those who had compromised immune systems.  The overwhelming majority of children survived this supposedly 'killer virus' completely unscathed.  

I'm getting the feeling that we are being 'groomed' for a universal vaccine for coronavirus perhaps? And that those who refuse to have it will be blacklisted? Or something.....the hysteria behind it all is ridiculous.

Elderly people will always be susceptible to disease. Pneumonia is known as 'old man's friend', after all. (One of my relatives who has reached an exceptionally ripe old age due to timely and first class medical treatment - by his own admission  - will confess that extreme old age is not for the fainthearted. And the few times he's recovered from pneumonia he confesses that the alternative to old age was looking quite attractive!)

IMO!
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 11 Mar 2020, 9:59 pm

Interesting. I thought the whole point of the 'scare' was to save lives. Is it not? But it would appear that this illustrious group consider that it is vital that it is recognised that this agent originated in wildlife as have so many other emerging pathogens.

Really?

Conspiracy theories do nothing but create fear, rumours, and prejudice that jeopardise our global collaboration in the fight against this virus.

Indeed. Could not agree more. But who, exactly, has created the fear, rumours and prejudice around this virus?

We are public health scientists who have closely followed the emergence of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and are deeply concerned about its impact on global health and wellbeing. We have watched as the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China, in particular, have worked diligently and effectively to rapidly identify the pathogen behind this outbreak, put in place significant measures to reduce its impact, and share their results transparently with the global health community. This effort has been remarkable.
We sign this statement in solidarity with all scientists and health professionals in China who continue to save lives and protect global health during the challenge of the COVID-19 outbreak. We are all in this together, with our Chinese counterparts in the forefront, against this new viral threat.
The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins. We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin. Scientists from multiple countries have published and analysed genomes of the causative agent, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), and they overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife as have so many other emerging pathogens.
This is further supported by a letter from the presidents of the US National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine
and by the scientific communities they represent. Conspiracy theories do nothing but create fear, rumours, and prejudice that jeopardise our global collaboration in the fight against this virus.
We support the call from the Director-General of WHO to promote scientific evidence and unity over misinformation and conjecture.
We want you, the science and health professionals of China, to know that we stand with you in your fight against this virus.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30418-9/fulltext
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Thu 12 Mar 2020, 3:04 pm

I have to say I'm more than a little concerned by your posts on this matter. The purpose of the media comments isn't to scare us. Do you think that all events happening abroad are insignificant? Or that only the greedy rich will be profiting from the market falls? Whilst I no longer invest in the markets, I noted 'sell' signals last week. Hopefully those investment managers running pension funds will have sold out.

Being 70 and diabetic, I'm certainly planning to stay indoors whenever possible. And Freedom, at supposedly 105, sadly can expect to be living her last few weeks. I wonder whether there'll be a Madeleine McCann forum in her afterlife?
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Thu 12 Mar 2020, 5:54 pm

We are living in strange times. It's difficult to know what to believe and what not to believe. I happen to think that some, if not most, of the media reporting is sensationalist. There have been viruses before and there will be again. We've already been told that most cases are mild so the concern is for the elderly and those with suppressed immune systems.

It would appear that the majority of the deaths in Italy are of people in their 80s and 90s.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-deaths-from-coronavirus-are-so-high-in-italy/
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty Over-70s four months self-isolation

Post  poster Sun 15 Mar 2020, 8:35 pm

What a fabulous idea from our brilliant Government and their health advisors. Up to four months of self-isolation for the over-70s! A guarantee that they will all lose the will to live and will die of boredom, depression, loneliness, isolation, alcoholism, underlying conditions, undiagnosed illnesses etc.

But they won't get or die of Coronavirus! Fabulous for the statistics and will save the NHS money in the long run.

I can't wait to reach 70 so I can self-isolate for months on end and spare myself from Coronavirus!

Has the whole world gone mad, or is it just me? Evil or Very Mad

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 15 Mar 2020, 9:02 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty Death statistics UK in months/years without a 'pandemic'

Post  poster Sun 15 Mar 2020, 10:16 pm

It would be sensible to compare the average death statistics in the UK with the terrible 'pandemic' that is apparently happening right now. How different are the statistics to a year/months when there was not a 'pandemic'? Up a million percent? Or what?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty Average death rates in the UK

Post  poster Tue 17 Mar 2020, 11:12 pm

A few statistics on death rates in the UK over the winter months (or indeed the summer months). I don't think that any sense can be made of the Coronavirus statistics unless there is more of an understanding of the average mortality in the UK.

As would be expected, there are more deaths during the winter months and some years are worse than others. The small number of deaths allegedly from the Coronavirus would need to be put within the context of the average number of deaths per day/week/month/year in order to make sense of them.

Of course, it is quite possible that the Coronavirus could lead to a 'pandemic' in the UK but then it is quite possible that other viruses could lead to 'pandemics' in the UK too. There will be other viruses around apart from the Coronavirus and it is quite possible they are responsible for more deaths.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/30/excess-winter-deaths-in-england-and-wales-highest-since-1976
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 17 Mar 2020, 11:15 pm

It is not necessarily sensible to rely on a vaccine to resolve the problem, according to the Office for National Statistics.

The Office for National Statistics said flu and the ineffectiveness of the flu vaccine were key reasons for the rise of excess winter deaths in 2017-18.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 18 Mar 2020, 12:30 am

A few more statistics for those interested in epidemiology.

Death rate:

9.4 deaths/1,000 population (2018 est.)

https://www.indexmundi.com/united_kingdom/death_rate.html
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 18 Mar 2020, 3:20 am

I presume everyone is suffering the lunacy in supermarkets - they look as if a plague of locusts has stormed through, stripping the shelves.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 18 Mar 2020, 9:58 am

I thought I was being clever in going to my local Tesco at 6 this morning when it opened. Normally it's open all night but had closed last night to refill the shelves.

It seemed as if half the world had the same idea; the queue to get in was horrendous and arguments were breaking out. My faith in human nature has been partly restored as two ladies came over to where I was standing and allowed me to go in front of them and then, in the shop, two separate people offered me some of their toilet rolls, seeing that I hadn't any. I thanked them profusely, but I didn't need them.

Not everyone is a selfish grasping moron!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 18 Mar 2020, 1:42 pm

I'm not sure that the lengthy queues at supermarkets are particularly conducive to 'keeping distance'. And I couldn't help but see the irony around a very long queue at the pharmacy counter.

What other news is being 'buried' under this story, I wonder? Brexit? Or what?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 18 Mar 2020, 1:49 pm

The other irony is that once you have caught the virus you will become immune to it. Seeing as it appears to be a mild illness for the majority of people with the exception of the elderly and the immuno-compromised, I wonder if that is why the schools have been kept open? There must be a fairly sold understanding that this virus is not dangerous to children (there are all sorts of virus going around at any given time and the vast majority of people survive them) and therefore there would be no particular benefit to a mass closing of schools.

In the case of my very elderly relative, friends and family have been practising exactly what is being recommended for years and years. His immune system is poor so we are all just careful around him in terms of hygiene, not having contact if we have a cold etc.

Commonsense, really.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 18 Mar 2020, 5:48 pm

Just heard that most schools are closing at the end of the week. Strange times indeed.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - and all manner of weird things evolving from it Empty 'Made in Italy?'

Post  poster Fri 20 Mar 2020, 9:42 pm

I have heard from several sources that a reason that the virus took such a hold in Italy has some connection to the textile sweat shops in Italy which churn out 'made in Italy' clothing using very cheap labour with workers living in slum-like conditions with health and safety and other regulations ignored.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-sweatshop-insight/insight-italys-chinese-garment-workshops-boom-as-workers-suffer-idUSBRE9BS04D20131229
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next