MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Madeleine case to be shelved? - Len Port Algarve Newswatch

+9
Inca
PMR
Poe
dogs don't lie
Andrew
Thetruth
chirpyinsect
Chop Suey on Toast
candyfloss
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is the Madeleine case to be shelved?  -   Len Port Algarve Newswatch - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Madeleine case to be shelved? - Len Port Algarve Newswatch

Post  Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
I am so glad to read a few more positive thoughts that this will reach a correct solution. Maybe I have just been reading too many negative ones lately. My honest gut feeling is that there is no way there can be a whitewash even if that is what was requested.
Perhaps AR retiring was to let him off the hook. He was ( perhaps) given a w/w remit. He has reported back that it is not possible. Public opinion won' t permit. So in comes new broom. Let's hope she gets into all the corners.
I agree that we shouldn't be expecting updates in an investigation. The fact that there are very few is a good sign.
Positivity restored.

Rather than public opinion I would hope the evidence wouldn't allow for a whitewash.

Back to top Go down

Is the Madeleine case to be shelved?  -   Len Port Algarve Newswatch - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Madeleine case to be shelved? - Len Port Algarve Newswatch

Post  Andrew Tue 24 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

The compelling evidence can't and no way will involve a whitewash.

Impossible stuff.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chop Suey on Toast Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:29 am

"Some ask why it is the already over-burdened London force which is looking for Maddie when the McCanns are not residents of the capital"

That's partly why the involvement of NSY is so interesting
Chop Suey on Toast
Chop Suey on Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:47 am

Chop Suey on Toast wrote:"Some ask why it is the already over-burdened London force which is looking for Maddie when the McCanns are not residents of the capital"

Yes, and NSY are NOT "looking for Maddie". They are looking to find out what happened to Maddie. Big, big difference.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:53 am

Resistor wrote:
Chop Suey on Toast wrote:"Some ask why it is the already over-burdened London force which is looking for Maddie when the McCanns are not residents of the capital"

Yes, and NSY are NOT "looking for Maddie".  They are looking to find out what happened to Maddie.  Big, big difference.
It is a big difference but that's quite an assumption about what OG are doing. The only thing they've said is what's in the remit, which is to investigate the abduction as if it occurred in the UK. But as they don't have any jurisdiction to do that what they're actually doing remains pure conjecture. I'm sure we all hope that they're doing an honest investigation into what happened but, beyond blind faith, I see nothing to convince me that they are, and, given the often documented corruption in the Met, and their blatant cover up of the rape of children by establishment figures, I fear that whatever it is they're doing has little to do with Madeleine's fate
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Chop Suey on Toast Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:56 am

AndyB wrote:The only thing they've said is what's in the remit, which is to investigate the abduction as if it occurred in the UK.

Maybe because they suspect that a crime may have taken place in the UK?
Chop Suey on Toast
Chop Suey on Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:08 am

Indeed but we have no idea and it's far from certain that they're investigating what happened to Madeleine despite that being the assumption that the press make
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:36 pm

I like this line from. the Express article.

Express wrote:The only reason to cease looking for her is because her parents wish it and not because her fate has gone over budget.

A shot across the bow's?

Back to top Go down

Is the Madeleine case to be shelved?  -   Len Port Algarve Newswatch - Page 2 Empty Re:Is the Madeleine case to be shelved?-Len Port Algarve Newswatch.

Post  costello Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:00 pm

Yes caricature. I thought that line was very apt. Lots of similar talk on twitter. The McCanns want the investigation halted. First they want the investigation re-opened now they seem to want it stopped. Makes you wonder how they managed to pull the strings in the early days. Seems their luck may just be running out.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:01 pm

Softening Joe Public up for the parents having her declared legally dead and reluctantly giving up hope?
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Is the Madeleine case to be shelved?  -   Len Port Algarve Newswatch - Page 2 Empty Re:Is the Madeleine case to be shelved?-Len Port Algarve Newswatch.

Post  costello Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:07 pm

Hope they wont be able to pull that one off. I think they may now realize the game is up.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:57 pm

IMO the game's up. It's been a MURDER Squad investigating for the past years ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm

In this instance, the Government, via the Home Office, simply decided to give them some of the best crime investigators that this country (some might say the world) can offer: a team from Scotland Yard.

I hope they are, I hope the time spent will prove fruitful, I hope the money spent will bring justice for Madeleine.
Have SY got too close? Are they too good?
Hope and pray x

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:45 pm

Yup. Keep the file open and unsolved. And then when technology has improved (which happens rapidly these days) it can be re-investigated, and perhaps the information which cannot be accessed today, will be accessible then. (I'm thinking more and more complex DNA analysis, plus other forms of evidence retrieval not possible today but maybe possible tomorrow).

A living nightmare for the guilty parties - no closure, and forever living with the knowledge that one day, the police may come knocking at their door, armed with The Evidence.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

How embarrassing for the British government and the met if they had to turn round at this point and say, "An elite team of our best police officers joined forces with the best of the Portuguese police. They used the latest in forensic techniques, spent ten million pounds of UK taxpayers money over the last few years and have come up ...with nothing."

There's been too much publicity, it's cost too much and taken too long for the case to be quietly shelved now.

I think that this is all one last desperate throw of the dice for the McCanns.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 26 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm

Agreed.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm

Châtelaine wrote:Agreed.

Me too Is the Madeleine case to be shelved?  -   Len Port Algarve Newswatch - Page 2 Th_agree

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2