MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns have opposed the appeal by Dr Amaral

+5
PeterMac
Dee Coy
Andrew
Mimi
Magnum
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

McCanns have opposed the appeal by Dr Amaral  - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns have opposed the appeal by Dr Amaral

Post  Freedom Sun 19 Jul 2015, 10:02 am

That's what I'm thinking. GA has made an appeal. The McCanns were never in a month of Sundays going to accept that so this to me is just the next step along the long road until maybe one day agreement is reached between both parties.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

McCanns have opposed the appeal by Dr Amaral  - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns have opposed the appeal by Dr Amaral

Post  Andrew Sun 19 Jul 2015, 11:38 am

I don't think an agreement between both parties will ever be reached. 

GA will stand his ground and rightly so.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 12:08 pm

bluebell wrote:

Isn't this just their 'response' to the Appeal itself?

I don't understand the legalities, but once an appeal is filed the other side then submits a response  (I think ).

All taken out of proportion and possibly misunderstood by whoever started this rumour?       Just my take anyway.

Thats my understanding,the response was handed in last Monday.

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Sun 19 Jul 2015, 12:19 pm

This is just standard practice.  Exactly the same procedures as English Law.
https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/rcj-rolls-building/court-of-appeal/civil-division/questions-and-answers

Questions and answers
Permission to Appeal
Do I need permission to appeal before making an appeal to the Court of Appeal?
In all civil and family cases, permission to appeal is required except in appeals against:
You will need to ask the Court of Appeal for permission to appeal:
if you have not asked for permission from the Judge whose decision you want to appeal
if you have previously asked that Judge for permission to appeal and it was refused.
When will permission to appeal be granted?
Permission to appeal will only be given to you if your appeal has a real prospect/chance of success or if there is some other compelling reason why the appeal should be heard.
Filing an Application/Appeal
What documents do I have to lodge with my Appellant’s Notice?
You will need to lodge at least three identical copies of your Appellant's Notice including
grounds of appeal on a separate sheet;
the court fee (see below);
the sealed order or tribunal determination being appealed; any order granting or refusing permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal;
the order allocating the case to a track (if applicable);
a skeleton argument and the approved transcript of judgment.
How can I complete my Appellant’s Notice?
You can find instructions on how to fill in your Appellant’s Notice in the Guidance notes on completing form N161.
What should my grounds of appeal contain?
The grounds of appeal must identify as concisely as possible the respects in which the judgment of the court below was wrong or unjust because of a serious procedural or other irregularity. The reasons in support should not be included in the grounds of appeal but should be confined to the skeleton argument.
What is a skeleton argument?
A skeleton argument contains the main points which you want to argue. It enables the court to understand your case before the hearing. It should include the reasons why you think the lower court judgment was wrong or unjust because of a serious procedural or other irregularity.
I am a Respondent to an appeal. Do I have to file a skeleton argument?
If you are represented, you should file a skeleton argument if you wish to address arguments to the Court.
I am a Respondent. I would like to file a Respondent's Notice.
You must file a Respondent's Notice if you wish to ask the appeal court to uphold the lower court order for reasons different from or additional to those given by the court whose decision you want to appeal.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 1:11 pm

@PeterMac,thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 19 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm

caricature wrote:@PeterMac,thank you.

Me also PM.

Honestly, these shills need to get a life. So glad I'm not on twitter. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Sun 19 Jul 2015, 8:17 pm

How about GA has appealed against tbe judgements made against him and tbe Mcs have appealed against the ones made against them. So two interrelated but separate appeals about different aspects of the case. Must admit I got lost with all tbe legal mumbo jumbo on the previous page but this seems logical to me.

I've seen copies of paperwork regarding GAs appeal but nothing for the Mcs. Seems to me that there is some spinning going one to infer that the Mcs are appealing against GA's appeal, which is illogical even if allowed.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Mon 20 Jul 2015, 7:45 am

chilli wrote:How about GA has appealed against tbe judgements made against him and tbe Mcs have appealed against the ones made against them. So two interrelated but separate appeals about different aspects of the case. Must admit I got lost with all tbe legal mumbo jumbo on the previous page but this seems logical to me.

I've seen copies of paperwork regarding GAs appeal but nothing for the Mcs. Seems to me that there is some spinning going one to infer that the Mcs are appealing against GA's appeal, which is illogical even if allowed.

Certainly possible, though the 5 issues found against the McCanns were done so in VERY strong language, Totally Rejected, DISMISSED, and so on, leaving no doubt that the judge had found their evidence and that given on their behalf to be mendacious or totally irrelevant rubbish.
The two issues found in their favour were done so on a delicate balance of fact -v- 'jurisprudence', and the balance was said to have tipped slightly towards them.
They AND THE TWINS then had to pay two thirds of the costs - which obviously most of their supporters and the MSM fail to mention
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2