MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann's Fury - Daily Star 5/10/15

+13
AndyB
gbwales
Châtelaine
Popcorn
Poe
bluebell
Cristobell
Freedom
chirpyinsect
costello
Bampots
candyfloss
Andrew
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McCann's Fury - Daily Star 5/10/15 Empty Re: McCann's Fury - Daily Star 5/10/15

Post  candyfloss Mon 05 Oct 2015, 8:55 am

Have put this back to it's own thread Andrew.. thanks for posting.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 05 Oct 2015, 8:59 am

Its a funny one Andrew on one level it slags off trolls and seemingly backs the McCanns but then lets you know about how succesful thre fund has been and how pissed off TM are at this! There is also the sudggestion they can lose and with that lose a lot of money all at the expense of Madeleine. And less expensive hotel rooms methinks

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:01 am

sea bass ‏@Ianc0202Bass  · 5 mins5 minutes ago  
Had Mr Amaral not had his assets frozen he wouldn't need any financial help from the public.
PRINT THAT #McCann

I think the above tweet says it all.  You cannot fight in a boxing ring with your hands tied behind your back, Mr Amaral needed help and thankfully all those nasty evil internet trolls coughed up.  cheers

Well done Jerry Lawton for publicising the fund and the trial! Haha those nasty evil internet trolls helping a man who has no money and assets, how awful of them cheers

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

McCann's Fury - Daily Star 5/10/15 Empty Re:McCanns Fury-Daily Star 5/10/15.

Post  costello Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:16 am

This is odd as I checked the gofundme page earlier this morning and all that is there is "Gerry McCann blog" I have just checked again and I still can't find the fund webpage.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:40 am

costello wrote:This is odd as I checked the gofundme page earlier this morning and all that is there is "Gerry McCann blog" I have just checked again and I still can't find the fund webpage.
Found the page but GA's fundraiser is not showing. Maybe they have closed it as the judgement is approaching.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:42 am

Not sure what you mean Costello - but it is Monday morning! - the GoFundMe site is fine.

https://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

On the surface the article is the usual troll kicking tabloid stuff but, as Bampots said, it does let people know about the fund.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:45 am

chirpyinsect wrote:
costello wrote:This is odd as I checked the gofundme page earlier this morning and all that is there is "Gerry McCann blog" I have just checked again and I still can't find the fund webpage.
Found the page but GA's fundraiser is not showing. Maybe they have closed it as the judgement is approaching.

Thanks Chirpy that might be the case, I've checked the link on #McCann and the screenshot is the donation page.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:49 am

I don't think Jerry Lawton's articles help the McCanns to be honest, their shills on twitter don't to seem to like them. And yet again, there is a headline where the parents are infuriated, apoplectic with rage, furious, etc, etc, not very likeable traits, and ones that have been going on for 8 years with the spoilt brats getting everything they want, and more.

I cannot fathom what Jerry Lawton is up to. Is he corrupt? a genius, or has he been partially lobotomised? The articles appear to support Gerry and Kate, but they also incite a lot of comment, most of it negative. Some might even say, that is one hell of way to promote Goncalo's Fund, he is certainly getting word of it out into the public domain.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

McCann's Fury - Daily Star 5/10/15 Empty Re:McCanns Fury - Daily Star 5/10/15.

Post  costello Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:50 am

Thanks Freedom, I've just had another try and still nothing.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:51 am

The gofundme site is fine for me too. I wonder if The Star readers are the type who will leave comments on the article? Shall wait and see.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:57 am

Bampots wrote:Its a funny one Andrew on one level it slags off trolls and seemingly backs the McCanns but then lets you know about how succesful thre fund has been and how pissed off TM are at this! There is also the sudggestion they can lose and with that lose a lot of money all at the expense of Madeleine. And less expensive hotel rooms methinks

I agree and I love the read between the lines irony.

The McCanns, who have used cash donated to help them find their missing child to start civil court proceedings, are unhappy that their opponent is using cash donated purely for his defence to defend himself.

I also noticed that:

The first sentence, a money reference "£357,000" and Madeleine is referred to as "her"

The second sentence, a money reference "£50,000" but no Madeleine.

The third sentence, no reference to either but the gofundme page is mentioned.

The fourth sentence, no reference to either.

The fifth sentence, a money reference "damages award" but no Madeleine.

The sixth sentence, a money reference "funding" but no Madeleine.

The seventh sentence, a money reference "money" but no Madeleine.

The final sentence, no reference to either.

So, in a nutshell:

Money, her, gofundme, trolls, appeal court, money, money, money, exasperated.

You can see where the McCanns' priorities lie.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 05 Oct 2015, 10:24 am

I just read the headline, "McCanns Fury", didn't want or need to read any more. My first reaction was, "och they're "furious" again, about some other bloody thing, who cares." They're severely overdoing the fury and it's lost it's impact now. If they are that "furious" all of the time then they are in serious need of anger management courses or other professional help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Mon 05 Oct 2015, 10:40 am

Cristobell wrote:

I don't think Jerry Lawton's articles help the McCanns to be honest, their shills on twitter don't to seem to like them.  And yet again, there is a headline where the parents are infuriated, apoplectic with rage, furious, etc, etc, not very likeable traits, and ones that have been going on for 8 years with the spoilt brats getting everything they want, and more.

I cannot fathom what Jerry Lawton is up to.  Is he corrupt? a genius, or has he been partially lobotomised? The articles appear to support Gerry and Kate, but they also incite a lot of comment, most of it negative.  Some might even say, that is one hell of way to promote Goncalo's Fund, he is certainly getting word of it out into the public domain.  
It's probably just a coincidence that the Star and its sister paper, the Daily Express, donated so generously to Kate and Gerry's fund back in 2008 in the form of a £550,000 out-of-court settlement.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:20 am

Popcorn wrote:[[...]
It's probably just a coincidence that the Star and its sister paper, the Daily Express, donated so generously to Kate and Gerry's fund back in 2008 in the form of a £550,000 out-of-court settlement.
Absolutely, Popcorn. It cannot be anything but coincidence, again ;-)
To quote KM non verbatim: one coincidence, two coincidences, at three coincidences it's not coincidence anymore ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:58 am

Sonia tweets Jerry Lawton...

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton  · 18 mins18 minutes ago  
hey @JerryLawton ever felt like asking Kate #McCann this? https://youtu.be/bAxV59swCwg

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:13 pm

PR_UK_1 ‏@Papa___Rico · 46 mins46 minutes ago
So, on a day when people new to the case might be Googling Amaral's fund after reading the "news", it disappears from Google.

OK.

#mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:18 pm

Cristobell wrote:I cannot fathom what Jerry Lawton is up to.  Is he corrupt? a genius, or has he been partially lobotomised? The articles appear to support Gerry and Kate, but they also incite a lot of comment, most of it negative.  Some might even say, that is one hell of way to promote Goncalo's Fund, he is certainly getting word of it out into the public domain.  

I've always felt him to be pretty much tabloid lowlife with few principles. He can carry on like this with basically/essentially pro-McCann articles - and when the whole thing comes crashing down he's probably going to say that he knew they were guilty, but was constrained by policy or pressure or something or other - but that he tried to word his articles a certain way so they could also help raise doubts.
Basically a load of hogwash I know but it wouldn't surprised me one bit if that's what he would do.
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

McCann's Fury - Daily Star 5/10/15 Empty Re: McCanns Fury-Daily Star 5/10/15.

Post  costello Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

candyfloss wrote:PR_UK_1 ‏@Papa___Rico  · 46 mins46 minutes ago  
So, on a day when people new to the case might be Googling Amaral's fund after reading the "news", it disappears from Google.

OK.

#mccann

I posted this morning that I can't get gofundme  I have also tried the link but again nothing. Can anyone help, do I have to use a different search engine?
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:21 pm

The link from page 1 of this thread seems to work fine...

https://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

Strangely though, even on the GoFundMe site a search for 'amaral' or 'goncalo amaral' does not return that page in its results.

Last edited by gbwales on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:22 pm

costello wrote:

OK.

#mccann

I posted this morning that I can't get gofundme  I have also tried the link but again nothing. Can anyone help, do I have to use a different search engine?
Doesn't this link at the top of scrolling bar work Costello, it works ok for me.

Otherwise use Yahoo, apparently that brings it up.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:25 pm

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton · 2h2 hours ago
.@findmadeleine tell the truth. Yr closing accounts because bad PR yesterday & people are asking questions. #McCann http://www.theuntoldstoryofmadeleinemccann.com

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:30 pm

candyfloss wrote:
costello wrote:

OK.

#mccann

Doesn't this link at the top of scrolling bar work Costello, it works ok for me.

Thanks Candyfloss
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:33 pm

candyfloss wrote:
costello wrote:

OK.

#mccann

The problem is Google. They've removed the go fund me site from search results,but not references to it, so you can see that it exists but can't click on a link to get to it. I'd love to know why they've done it
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 05 Oct 2015, 3:39 pm

AndyB wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
costello wrote:

OK.

#mccann

The problem is Google. They've removed the go fund me site from search results,but not references to it, so you can see that it exists but can't click on a link to get to it. I'd love to know why they've done it

...they´re afraid of more donations for Mr. Amaral...and comments - like last time...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next