MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011

+5
Châtelaine
Mimi
Antonia
Freedom
Admin
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011  Empty VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011

Post  Admin Mon 18 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011  Empty Irish Interview 2011 transcript

Post  Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 1:19 pm

This was an interview lasting over half an hour, interrupted twice by Gerry's phonecalls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLvnfcl-Zkg

The following are notes:

Interviewer states : Since they left Portugal no police force in the world has looked for Madeleine. They nod..

Gerry opens - pushing the Irish angle (generous people and large demographic presence in USA ).
Kate: always wanted to be a Mum - wrote in yearbook at Univ. 'Prognosis: mathematician and mother of six' ( was that meant as a joke? because if we know how good or bad she was at maths, then we know how true the mother bit is).
Endiometriosis - how come she needed a GP to work that out.
Maddie had colic - (in the book they thought she had colic and sometimes all three sat in the kitchen - crying.)
Describe Maddie: Gerry launches into (like DP) 'great fun, bags of personality, mimics accents and people, Dr. Who, Robin Hood and the (slutty) girl band etc.
1/1/07 Paynes and McCs decide on Portugal. Their innocence en naivity is fielded here - Kate thought it would be just like Centre Parks.
8.48 First cough No buggies. Millenium, far and difficult..
10.06 Gerry's phone pings, he takes it out and looks at it. Tapas booking is started.
11.00 Kate mentions that the message re leaving the children alone is going to be seen by all the staff. Gerry jumps in with no need for babysitters, they felt so safe.. lot of detail about the listening service to check if children were crying. Their own listening checks better than MW is implied here.
12.43 The distance (prob. thanks to Clarrie) has now changed to the even less exact time: 30 to 45 seconds to 5a.
2nd of May - Row - no row. Only night not back by 11.00 Very cold, 5 layers of clothing on. 'Row' was about G leaving suddenly.
15.01 Crying episode - main concern is that the children had woken up - first thought the following night was the dry run of the abductor.
16.51 Second cough. K: 3rd May what did you do with Maddie. Maddie tired - asked to be carried. We’d done loads of activities...

That's as far as I got. Gerry jumps in with the babysitters soon after the phone ping.
Kate's coughs are both close to the lies. One about the buggies and the 3rd of May, what did she do with Maddie.

18.25 G: Remember that photograph when I was sitting by the paddling pool with her ... she was having a ball...
18.46 G’s phone goes again.
18.56 K’s discovery of M’s absence etc.
20.53 K: ‘...just in case she’s cowering..’
‘I was just screaming Madeleine’s gone, someone’s taken her’
21.13 G: found you could lift the shutter from outside and just knew....
21.48 ...G: we started to search .. they phoned the police just after 10.00 but the call was only logged at 10.40 and another 20 minutes before they came.....
K: almost 4 hours before PJ came ...
K: windows and shutter story - ‘window was open, shutters were open ‘I’m not lying about that’..
22.00  G... around midnight the JD was called,  another hour before they arrived
22.51 .... four hours before PJ arrived ... nothing seemed to be happening -  the language problem....
23.58 G: ‘We didn’t actually call the media
25.11  G: ‘It’s a terrible situation actually - apart from your daughter going missing.....
26.11 K: .. opportunities were missed, like forensics - road blocks - blah, blah, blah....’ (hands flap -
27.00 G: ...we felt strongly we’d already been eliminated ... being in a group ...’
Dogs at our request - when the dogs barked around the apartment and the car suddenly it gave them an opportunity to portray us as if we were involved ......
27.00 G: mentions the books which tell you about dog searches - ‘none of the forensics came back suggesting anything’.
29.00 K:Twins speak about Maddie every day. .... they call him the naughty man ... the burglar - which I suppose he is.  
They know that it was wrong ... shouldn’t take something that belongs to you.’
30.00 G: sightings (worth listening to the excuses for not following them up - Gerry goes in to business mode)
32.00  G: Closing with the Irish angle - irish connections - half our mails come from Ireland.

Some outright lies here. Especially the 'dogs at our request' ion fact the'd asked for the FBI. The FBI had offered to send a psychic and the PJ then decided on the CSI dogs. Nothing to do with the McCanns request for the FBI, which I find in itself a rather curious one. Although Gerry's gaze was firmly fixed on the US from the start imo.

Last edited by Tigger on Sun 25 Jan 2015, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011  Empty Re: VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011

Post  Freedom Sat 24 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A20714235%3A0%3A%3A

Just posting this link to a radio broadcast with Ryan Tubridy (who also did the appalling unresearched interview with the McCanns in 2011) and a young woman who claims to have been the victim of the most dreadful assault in Portugal in 2004.

I won't give my view on it yet as I want to see if anyone else picks up the same points that I did.

Beware, the events that she describes are truly awful.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011  Empty Re: VIDEO...McCanns' Irish RTE Late Late Show Interview May 13 2011

Post  Antonia Sat 24 Jan 2015, 2:25 pm

So this broadcast goes out the day before the court hearing on 21st Jan about an attack that occurred 10 years ago in Portugal; the victim being a young Irish holiday rep who also ran the kids club. She is viciously raped in her hotel room. And the police are critisised. The rapist is never caught.

I find it odd that this goes out when it did especially given that the interviewer had form with the Mccanns given the earlier interview he did with them.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 24 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10367881/

I haven't seen this but I'm told that the young woman also appeared on last night's Late Late Show.

Various papers are running the story after the radio broadcast.

Here's one of them.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/tubridy-floored-by-bravery-of-woman-sharing-her-harrowing-rape-ordeal-live-on-air-30921788.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:32 pm

It's a long interview here's a short transcript of it 
Sorry for posting - it's quite long but somebody asked me to listen for the coughs...

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t299-irish-interview-2011-transcript

That topic has been merged with this one.

This was an interview lasting over half an hour, interrupted twice by Gerry's phonecalls. 

The following are notes: 

Interviewer states : Since they left Portugal no police force in the world has looked for Madeleine. They nod..

Gerry opens - pushing the Irish angle (generous people and large demographic presence in USA ).
Kate: always wanted to be a Mum - wrote in yearbook at Univ. 'Prognosis: mathematician and mother of six' ( was that meant as a joke? because if we know how good or bad she was at maths, then we know how true the mother bit is).
Endiometriosis - how come she needed a GP to work that out. 
Maddie had colic - (in the book they thought she had colic and sometimes all three sat in the kitchen - crying.) 
Describe Maddie: Gerry launches into (like DP) 'great fun, bags of personality, mimics accents and people, Dr. Who, Robin Hood and the (slutty) girl band etc. 
1/1/07 Paynes and McCs decide on Portugal. Their innocence en naivity is fielded here - Kate thought it would be just like Centre Parks. 
8.48 First cough No buggies. Millenium, far and difficult.. 
10.06 Gerry's phone pings, he takes it out and looks at it. Tapas booking is started. 
11.00 Kate mentions that the message re leaving the children alone is going to be seen by all the staff. Gerry jumps in with no need for babysitters, they felt so safe.. lot of detail about the listening service to check if children were crying. Their own listening checks better than MW is implied here. 
12.43 The distance (prob. thanks to Clarrie) has now changed to the even less exact time: 30 to 45 seconds to 5a. 
2nd of May - Row - no row. Only night not back by 11.00 Very cold, 5 layers of clothing on. 'Row' was about G leaving suddenly. 
15.01 Crying episode - main concern is that the children had woken up - first thought the following night was the dry run of the abductor. 
16.51 Second cough. K: 3rd May what did you do with Maddie. Maddie tired - asked to be carried. We’d done loads of activities...

That's as far as I got. Gerry jumps in with the babysitters soon after the phone ping. 
Kate's coughs are both close to the lies. One about the buggies and the 3rd of May, what did she do with Maddie.

18.25 G: Remember that photograph when I was sitting by the paddling pool with her ... she was having a ball...
18.46 G’s phone goes again.
18.56 K’s discovery of M’s absence etc. 
20.53 K: ‘...just in case she’s cowering..’
‘I was just screaming Madeleine’s gone, someone’s taken her’
21.13 G: found you could lift the sutter from outside and just knew....
21.48 ...G: we started to search .. they phoned the police just after 10.00 but the call was only logged at 10.40 and another 20 minutes before they came.....
K: almost 4 hours before PJ came ...
K: windows and shutter story - ‘window was open, shutters were open ‘I’m not lying about that’..
22.00  G... around midnight the JD was called,  another hour before they arrived
22.51 .... four hours before PJ arrived ... nothing seemed to be happening -  the language problem....
23.58 G: ‘We didn’t actually call the media 
25.11  G: ‘It’s a terrible situation actually - apart from your daughter going missing.....
26.11 K: .. opportunities were missed, like forensics - road blocks - blah, blah, blah....’ (hands flap - 
27.00 G: ...we felt strongly we’d already been eliminated ... being in a group ...’
Dogs at our request - when the dogs barked around the apartment and the car suddenly it gave them an opportunity to portray us as if we were involved ......
27.00 G: mentions the books which tell you about dog searches - ‘none of the forensics came back suggesting anything’.
29.00 K:Twins speak about Maddie every day. .... they call him the naughty man ... the burglar - which I suppose he is.  
They know that it was wrong ... shouldn’t take something that belongs to you.’
30.00 G: sightings (worth listening to the excuses for not following them up - Gerry goes in to business mode)
32.00  G: Closing with the Irish angle - irish connections - half our mails come from Ireland.

Some outright lies here. Especially the 'dogs at our request' ion fact the'd asked for the FBI. The FBI had offered to send a psychic and the PJ then decided on the CSI dogs. Nothing to do with the McCanns request for the FBI, which I find in itself a rather curious one. Although Gerry's gaze was firmly fixed on the US from the start imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 24 Jan 2015, 9:35 pm

Noticed at 15:20, when they were describing how Maddie asked `where were you etc` on the Thursday morning, GM says he questioned whether she meant `the night before when Amelie had woken up`. He`s obviously doing a retro-fit for the crying on the Tuesday night.

At 18:25 `remember the photograph of us sitting by the pool` - he had to get that one in didn`t he - he must think we`re all stupid.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 24 Jan 2015, 10:03 pm

And that is a big mistake ...

ETA: IMO, of course Wink
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 8:46 am

And of course all other calls are logged by the automatic system but that night in Portugal it must have been done by hand?  

It's an outright lie and one more slur on the GNR/PJ - right from the start of the story. 

But it's such a stupid lie - any call gets  logged when it comes in - GNR came in 20 minutes, not from PdL but presumably Lagos.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:25 am

I think the first 2 GNR officers arrived from Odiaxere 14 km from Praia where they were patrolling. They arrived on scene at 2300. Highly unlikely that a call made at just after 10pm would not be acted upon until 40 minutes later.
The call being made at 2240 then locating a nearby patrol then driving 14km fits with timing. IMO
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:32 am

My point was that the calls (there were two) are indisputable  as to the time they were made, on the call register which is automatic and can be seen in PJ files. 

So there is no way that a call at 10.00'sh would not be on that list together of course with the number from which the call was made. 
Plain lie, easily disproved by the files.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:46 am

Tigger your analysis and posts are always insightful. Please carry on.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 9:13 am

Andrew wrote:Tigger your analysis and posts are always insightful. Please carry on.

Agree there Andrew,just been reading this,the call at 10-40 rather than 10 suggest either they were searching or getting their timings right or wrong as the case may be.

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 30 Nov 2015, 7:53 pm

Admin wrote:

This is a spectacular interview, imo. I think the interviewer knows what happened and is playing the McCanns like a violin.

Look how he rubs his hands together with glee when he asks about the row they had that week. This is clearly a very sensitive subject and he knows it.

Kate states they don't row which is revealing.

(She also states that they don't sleep in different bedrooms apart from that Wednesday night that week which again makes me wonder. In any event, as any parent of very young children knows, night time tends to be like musical beds with one or other parent getting up to comfort a crying child. A child coming into the bed in the night. And quite often a desperate parent having a night 'off-duty' in the spare room so they can get a decent night's sleep. It just isn't credible that both Kate and Gerry would be slumbering peacefully every night in martial bliss with three such young children. My memory of having children of this age is that practically every night is a night of disturbed sleep. You end up not caring where you sleep you are so exhausted.)

But I digress. The row is a sensitive topic and important to understanding what happened that week.

But what is even more sensationally sensitive is when the interviewer asks them about Thursday morning when Madeleine (allegedly!) asked them where they were the night before when she and Sean woke up and cried.

This is at around the 14.58 mark in the link below. Gerry starts talking but almost immediately gets into hot water. It's priceless watching both Gerry and Kate squirm at this point.

Gerry says: "The next morning she said - errm - Mummy....".

Gerry's hand immediately moves up in a swiping action and he closes his eyes. Kate also closes her eyes and her hand comes up to her mouth and she coughs (I suspect every coughing incident of hers in this interview flags up a sensitive topic).

Gerry has made a huge boo-boo.Both Kate and Gerry panic big time.. The body language reveals all.

There must be great significance, imo,  attached to Madeleine waking up one night crying (I suspect inconsolably but TM have sanitized the incident) and wanting her mother, imo.  But her mother and not her father.

Gerry tries to back-peddle as he realizes his mistake and slurs out a few words which don't really make sense but sound a bit like: "her name was Mummy or Dad".

I think he is trying to say something like: "Err - the name (she used) I'm not sure if it was Mummy or Daddy,"  to try to backtrack but in his confusion he mumbles and slurs his words.

But the cat is already out of the bag. Gerry told us that a crying Madeleine wanted her mother. Not her father.

The whole of this interview is an absolute gem. The interviewer has hoodwinked them completely and they haven't got a clue. imo. He plays with them like a cat with a mouse, lulling them into a false sense of security with his seemingly sycophantic and syrupy line of questioning but in so doing ensnaring them into revealing what is really important and what is sensitive.

Notice how following Gerry's slip-up Gerry puts on a huge act about being confused about when Madeleine and Sean cried. The facial expressions are just priceless - it's all pretense. He thinks he is being clever by deceiving the interviewer, but the interviewer is allowing him to dig his own grave.

What Gerry is saying simply does not make sense. Why would either Kate or Gerry be confused about either the fact that the children did wake up and cry or over when they might have cried? They both claim to have left them alone for most of the evening so why on earth would it come as a surprise if one or more of the children woke up and cried. Both parents were out of ear-shot and out of sight. What would you expect a young child to do if they woke up in a strange place and found not only their parents were not there but no other adult either? (ETA: Or possibly, of course, an adult that they didn't know was there.....I have a theory about that in connection with Madeleine makes me very uneasy.)

You would expect a child to cry.

By the couple's own admission they left their children on Wednesday night alone in the apartment from 8.30pm until 11.50pm. If we are to believe their account of their checking system, that would mean a check at 9pm, 9.30pm, 10pm, 10.30pm and the last check at 11pm as Kate states in her book that "the time between our last check of the children and our return was longer, closer to forty-five minutes." Given that,again by their own admission, the couple sometimes just listened outside rather than going in (Gerry states in the Madeleine was Here reconstruction with Matt that the only time he 'put his head' inside his children's bedroom was at the time of his alleged final check at 9pm on Thursday) then a 'check' would take less than a minute.

So in three hours and twenty minutes the actual amount of 'baby listening' done was less than five minutes. There were five periods of half an hour when any of the children could have woken up and cried. And there was one period of 50 minutes when the children could have woken up a cried.

While Gerry's recounting of the incident is implausible,

TBC

Last edited by poster on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Mon 30 Nov 2015, 8:07 pm

I'd seen that interview before and my interpretation was quite different. At the beginning, the interviewer stated as fact without any evidence something to the effect that 'we all know the Portuguese police made a cock up of the investigation...' This annoyed me immediately as I saw it as the usual media bias against the Portuguese. But that remark could have made the Mccanns relax and feel a nice soft interview was to follow, which to me it did.

Would be interested to hear how other members feel about this interviewer and whether he was being clever rather than doing a syncopantic interview.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 30 Nov 2015, 8:22 pm

Antonia wrote:I'd seen that interview before and my interpretation was quite different. At the beginning, the interviewer stated as fact without any evidence something to the effect that 'we all know the Portuguese police made a cock up of the investigation...'  This annoyed me immediately as I saw it as the usual media bias against the Portuguese. But that remark could have made the Mccanns relax and feel a nice soft interview was to follow, which to me it did.

Would be interested to hear how other members feel about this interviewer and whether he was being clever rather than doing a syncopantic interview.

---

He's playing into their hands. I am quite sure of that. I know exactly what you mean, though. When I first saw that interview it irritated me as I thought it was the usual rubbish. But I think this interviewer had 'insider info' and knew how to play it. If you slow the footage down you can take in the facial expressions. He is being unctuous in the extreme, imo. The interviewer's body language also speaks volumes.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Mon 30 Nov 2015, 8:26 pm

I'd wonder how this Irish TV star would have insider knowledge. His name is Ryan Tubridy and never heard any mention of him having connections to the case. Perhaps he knows the Smith family from Drogheda!!!!
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:29 pm

I think this interview is one of the best, I see what poster sees.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:30 pm

It`s not out of the question IMO that EVERY interviewer (bar LK) is suspicious of them.

KM fared quite well but she would because she is able to actually become the lie - morph into it like really good actors do. GM does not fare so well, over emphasising stuff like the `last photo` and saying that they asked for the dogs to be brought in. He`s the most transparent.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:03 am

dogs don't lie wrote:I think this interview is one of the best, I see what poster sees.
I would agree on that. I noticed that when he asked them how the holiday had come about, she said that Fiona and Dave came round to them on NY's day and mentioned they were going to PDL. Now Granny Eileen gave an interview where she said Madeleine had spent Christmas at hers in 2005 and the following year the family came up for New Year so surely they were in Glasgow on NY day 2007.
Also when Kate said why she was a bit reluctant to go it was to do with packing and travelling on a plane with 3 kids. She said they had had some nice breaks before like Centre Parks. No mention of Donegal. So she was worried about the logistics of a flight with 3 kids yet just before undertaking what she believed would be a difficult task, they did it anyway by going to Ireland.
Maybe she felt 27/46 people would be more of a help to her.
Notice too she spoke of Madeleine in the past tense when her guard was down.

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:22 pm

Antonia wrote:I'd wonder how this Irish TV star would have insider knowledge. His name is Ryan Tubridy and never heard any mention of him having connections to the case.  Perhaps he knows the Smith family from Drogheda!!!!

------

Notice how at the beginning of the interview he asks Gerry and Kate to talk about themselves. Gerry - in his element - talks about how he comes from a typical Irish Catholic family and that his three sisters and brother were born in Donegal. Gerry says he has been over there many times.

The interviewer then says: "Big Donegal connection, then."

I think this is probably quite a big clue to something.

With regard to the interviewer possibly having insider info, I was thinking more along the lines that - given that imo part of the 'mystery' is a giant media hoax - there would probably be sections of the media who knew 'the abduction' story was nonsense. And either knew or suspected that the McCanns and Tapas had something to do with what happened.

But, as you say, the interviewer's Irish background could possibly mean that he had links with Donegal, say. Or knew people who knew the McCann family over in Ireland. Or something.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:42 pm

Other things of note from that interview, imo. Gerry justifies the decision to eat at the Tapas and check intermittently on the children by saying the restaurant was adjacent to the apartment. This is a blatant lie as becomes apparent when a photograph of the area is shown.

Because the photo clearly shows that the apartment is NOT adjacent to the tapas. The interviewer points out how the apartment and tapas have been marked on the photograph. He also points out the swimming pool.

What the photo really shows is that not only did Gerry blatantly lie but that the McCann apartment is at quite some distance from the tapas and is separated by, among other hazards, a large swimming pool.

The other hazards being a balcony, a flight of stone steps and a road but the one that really stands out - in the context of leaving small children alone in a strange place - is the pool.

IMO there is something sensitive about swimming pools in this case but I think the most important point here is that the photo shows that it was not 'safe' to leave three small children without a babysitter every night in that apartment. And it was not like 'eating in your back garden'.

Quite how Kate or Gerry claim that it was 'safe' is a mystery.

Gerry minimizes the importance of the 'checks' by pointing out that they were "really just to check the kids weren't crying." This shows such a blatant disregard for how inappropriate it was to leave such young children alone at night in an environment that was entirely unfamiliar to them.  

Not only that - if one of the children had woken up scared and wanted to find their parents, they would have been obliged to go down a steep flight of unlit stairs, go along a dark alley-way (it was dark and scary at night there as Jane Tanner informs us) go onto a road, enter the poolside reception area and walk around a swimming pool then locate the parents in the tapas restaurant or bar.

What a terrifying ordeal for a small child and how many hazards this would expose them to. I do not believe for one minute that it would have been impossible for a nearly four year old to leave that apartment of her own accord as Kate claims.

What is fascinating about the McCann media interviews is that they are so revealing of their mind-sets with regards to how they feel about childcare.

Going back to the particularly sensitive part of the interview when Kate denies that they had a row on Wednesday night, notice how Kate describes how Gerry left to go back to the apartment at ten minutes before midnight.

Remember, the children - by their parents own admission - had been left alone in the apartment for 45 minutes at this point. But apparently the McCanns are entirely unconcerned about this. Because they tell us so. The reason Gerry goes back to the apartment just before midnight is nothing to do with the children. It is because he was tired. And the reason Kate is upset with Gerry is, apparently, because Gerry went off without saying anything to her. Again, no mention from Kate of the children at all. You would have expected her to write: "As it had been 45 minutes since the last check we were both feeling a bit worried and Gerry offered to go back as he felt tired."

But, no. As always, it's all about the Kate and Gerry show.

Kate recounts how she went back 10 minutes later and chose to sleep in the children's room because Gerry was snoring.

I think we get another gem from the interviewer at this point because he asks why it it significant (that Kate slept in another room on Wednesday night). Gerry doesn't like this question one bit. The  interviewer has hit a sensitive subject area. Kate, disingenuous as ever, pretends that she doesn't know whether this is significant but Gerry's body language is a giveaway.

So that when the interviewer nicely follows up with: "Wasn't Madeleine upset the next day?" Gerry is so keen to butt in that he falls for the bait and fluffs his lines, revealing that Madeleine had wanted her mother. As opposed to, imo, her father. He tries to cover his tracks but fails. Both Kate and Gerry then get their feathers totally ruffled and Gerry over-compensates with some truly diabolical acting.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:42 pm

Another thing I noticed was that GM said the police only logged their 10.40 pm phone call but they had already phoned them before this but the police hadn`t logged it. Good try Gerry !

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:04 pm

Mimi wrote:Another thing I noticed was that GM said the police only logged their 10.40 pm phone call but they had already phoned them before this but the police hadn`t logged it.  Good try Gerry !

----------

Also the 'ludicrousness' of - allegedly - sending Matt up to the 24 hour reception to ask them to call police. Almost as though it was the days of carrier pigeons. Given that both Kate and Gerry 'just knew' that Madeleine had been abducted why not use one of their mobiles or their friends mobiles to call police? We know they used their telephones in the day because Kate in her book says that the nannies had their telephone numbers if there were problems or Sean failed to settle.

I wonder if the (simulated, faked) abduction was supposed to happen at 9.15pm but something went wrong (early eye-witnesses report hearing a commotion). There was a last minute panic and in desperation there was a (simulated, faked) abduction at 10pm (Smith-man sighting?) It was imperative that there was a delay in police arriving hence TM deliberately stalled contacting police and refused Mrs Fenn's offer of the use of a mobile.

Gerry's excuse about not contacting the police because he didn't understand Portuguese is risible. They could have asked one of the Portuguese members of staff at OC - restaurant worker for instance - they could also have called reception themselves from a mobile and made an urgent request for police to be called.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:16 pm

poster wrote: Gerry's excuse about not contacting the police because he didn't understand Portuguese is risible. They could have asked one of the Portuguese members of staff at OC - restaurant worker for instance - they could also have called reception themselves from a mobile and made an urgent request for police to be called.

Quite.  I`m sure there was someone in the vicinity that could speak Portuguese. Anyway, aren`t there emergency procedures/numbers to call in most holiday and hotel lets ?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next