The European Union referendum

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IN or OUT?

25% 25% 
[ 8 ]
72% 72% 
[ 23 ]
3% 3% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 32

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Bampots on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:56 pm

Sorry Mimi but there are large areas who are Muslim and there are a minority among them who are Islamists. Muslims who live here by and large contribute to our multicultural life and pose no threat to Britain or the idea of Britishness. Having said all that.....I will vote to leave. I believe Europe does provide a certain protection of rights but at the expense of the individual. They are the friend of big business and hold back the talents of individuals who possess nothing except ideas and the drive to see them through to fruition. We should continue to live with Europe and trade with them on similar terms and I'm sure that we would probably have to still implement most of the dictats and laws to do this but we should strive to keep to ourselves the sovereignty that we and our forebears have built and will adapt in the future. We should keep the final say.

_________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill 
avatar
Bampots

Posts : 2224
Join date : 2014-09-07
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mimi on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:59 pm

Bampots wrote:Sorry Mimi but there are large areas who are Muslim and there are a minority among them who are Islamists. Muslims who live here by and large contribute to our multicultural life and pose no threat to Britain or the idea of Britishness. Having said all that.....I will vote to leave. I believe Europe does provide a certain protection of rights but at the expense of the individual. They are the friend of big business and hold back the talents of individuals who possess nothing except ideas and the drive to see them through to fruition. We should continue to live with Europe and trade with them on similar terms and I'm sure that we would probably have to still implement most of the dictats and laws to do this but we should strive to keep to ourselves the sovereignty that we and our forebears have built and will adapt in the future. We should keep the final say.

I didn`t say there weren`t so don`t say sorry.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3350
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  chirpyinsect on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 6:07 am

costello wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:Did anyone watch the big debate tonight? I thought Remain gave the more solid answers.

No Chirpy, I've seen two debates already along with 'Brexit the Movie' and in all I personally believe
the leave campaign is the one that is stronger. However I do think it will be a win for the remain.

Having only watched the one debate I stand by what I said. I thought Leave blustered too much. Boris just waffled and they didn't answer the question about whether migrant numbers would be reduced by their intended Australian points system. Too much emphasis on the scripted "take back control" mantra for me.
The best speaker of the night was Ruth Davidson.
Leave have lied to the public about Turkey joining the EU. They have only fulfilled one condition out of 35 since first applying to join 30 years ago. Because of the illegal occupation of Cyprus, they will not get in and that has remained unresolved for 40 years.
Every serving head in the military and security field have said we are safer by remaining. That is good enough for me.

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Poe on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:32 am

Neither side has impressed me with their campaign. For me, the issue is the EU and particularly the Eurozone.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/europe-are-the-eu-and-euro-on-the-verge-of-collapse/5519055
A common fiat currency – the euro – in an artificial union that has no political cohesion, no common political objective, is NOT sustainable. The European Union itself without solidarity between the states, without a Constitution and without geopolitical cohesion and objectives, is NOT sustainable. The EU and its currency are bound to fail.

Rules were bent to get various countries into the Euro. Greece has already suffered and is still close to collapse while other countries such as Italy, Portugal and Ireland are struggling.

I think the Eurozone will collapse and take the EU with it and, even though the UK along with the rest of the world will suffer, we are more likely to be able to bounce back if we are on the outside looking in than if we are in the centre of the storm.

avatar
Poe

Posts : 935
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re:Members referendum -stay or leave- in or out?

Post  costello on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 4:56 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/euse-pens?utm_term=.gsjyDmO32#.ouADNZR1L


Not sure if I have managed to copy this link okay. It is doing the rounds on twitter etc.
I honestly can't remember using a pencil to vote before.
avatar
costello

Posts : 2397
Join date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  chirpyinsect on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:12 pm

costello wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/euse-pens?utm_term=.gsjyDmO32#.ouADNZR1L


Not sure if I have managed to copy this link okay. It is doing the rounds on twitter etc.
I honestly can't remember using a pencil to vote before.

Seem to remember always using a wee short pincil to vote. But like in the Scottish referendum there will always be cries of vote rigging by whichever side loses.
If the counters are going to cheat why would they not just miscount? And if they are not in on it, surely eraser marks would still be obvious.

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  froggy on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:19 pm

Just paranoia, in my opinion. Rather like the paranoia over immigrants.
avatar
froggy

Posts : 606
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mo on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 7:34 am

I have just been to vote and used one of their short stubby pencils - you can take a pen if you wish. Having been an officer at the Polling Stations I can assure everyone that there is no chance of vote rigging Smile
avatar
Mo

Posts : 851
Join date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  unreorganised on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 9:31 am

Poe wrote:

Rules were bent to get various countries into the Euro. Greece has already suffered and is still close to collapse while other countries such as Italy, Portugal and Ireland are struggling.

I think the Eurozone will collapse and take the EU with it and, even though the UK along with the rest of the world will suffer, we are more likely to be able to bounce back if we are on the outside looking in than if we are in the centre of the storm.


Not joining the Euro when the pound was almost at parity, and with it denying us the ability to print our own currency, now retrospectively looks like Gordon's one and only masterstroke. So I'm compelled to assume that he didn't understand what he was doing.
avatar
unreorganised

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2016-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Bampots on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 9:52 am

Heres something i did not realise was afoot.....two of my work colleagues are voting remain because the school teachers spoke to their offspring and they in turn told the parents to vote remain as it was their future......what the fu$k is that all about. Brainwashing our kids planting scare stories!!

_________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill 
avatar
Bampots

Posts : 2224
Join date : 2014-09-07
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  unreorganised on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:01 am

Bampots wrote:Heres something i did not realise was afoot.....two of my work colleagues are voting remain because the school teachers spoke to their offspring and they in turn told the parents to vote remain as it was their future......what the fu$k is that all about. Brainwashing our kids planting scare stories!!

I can confirm that.
avatar
unreorganised

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2016-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mimi on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:25 pm

Just been round to vote and it was absolutely packed, the car park and beyond was full. An official said they`d never seen such a turn out.

I happened to speak to someone who had a `vote leave` badge on and I said `I reckon this lot are all `remainers` don`t you`, my reasoning being it`s a Tory area - and he said no because they are mostly older generation.

Someone happened to ask if the votes were going to be counted per person or the majority per MPs area. No one seemed to know the answer. I sincerely hope it is per person and not what my MP`s majority is because he is a `remainer`.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3350
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mo on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:31 pm

I don't think it matters on this occasion which MP it is as we are not voting for a person (if you get my meaning). The count will be on IN or OUT plus the number of spoilt papers.
avatar
Mo

Posts : 851
Join date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  froggy on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:36 pm

Mo wrote:I don't think it matters on this occasion which MP it is as we are not voting for a person (if you get my meaning). The count will be on IN or OUT plus the number of spoilt papers.  

They are not even going to be counted by parliamentary constituency, but by local government boundaries and a grand total totted up at the end.
avatar
froggy

Posts : 606
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Châtelaine on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:41 pm

I just read a Dutch newspaper article, with the heading: "Remain is the choice of the head, Leave is the choice of the heart" ...
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2399
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mimi on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:43 pm

froggy wrote:
Mo wrote:I don't think it matters on this occasion which MP it is as we are not voting for a person (if you get my meaning). The count will be on IN or OUT plus the number of spoilt papers.  

They are not even going to be counted by parliamentary  constituency, but by local government boundaries and a grand total totted up at the end.

Cheers Mo & Froggy Smile

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3350
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mimi on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:50 pm

Thanks Mo. From that I just get the feeling there is ample opportunity for corruption via said Counters. I just hope they get verified by another Counter.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3350
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  froggy on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 2:12 pm

Why should there be any different arrangements for this count compared with that for a general election?
avatar
froggy

Posts : 606
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  chirpyinsect on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 2:39 pm

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/

Part E is relevant to the counting and verification process. It is a pdf document and far too long to reproduce here but for anyone worried that the vote will be fixed I advise reading it. Pretty bullet proof to me.
And on another note there is a post doing the rounds on fb that DC was talking to a crowd of bored Asda shoppers this morning and told them it didn't matter who won, the UK would remain anyway because he's the PM and can do what he likes so there.
People are falling for it and haven't got the brains to wonder why, on one of the most important days in British modern history, would the PM be skulking around Asda.
Dirty tricks are not just the prerogative of Remain.

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mimi on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:03 pm

froggy wrote:Why should there be any different arrangements for this count compared with that for a general election?

I don`t think there is froggy.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3350
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Hope on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:29 pm

We have always had pencils in the booths but are entitled to use a pen, why the questioning now?
avatar
Hope

Posts : 354
Join date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  joyce1938 on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:34 pm

wonder if folk have lost trust in the system altogether really.I have read that what ever vote comes out ,it can be over looked by some . joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 342
Join date : 2015-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Hope on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm

Hi Joyce, yes you are right especially if it's close. I am a cynic since Bush JR 'won' in 2000 to bring on the Gulf War and finish what his father started.

Always nice to see you commenting Joyce, have a nice evening x
avatar
Hope

Posts : 354
Join date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Mimi on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:47 pm

Hope wrote:We have always had pencils in the booths but are entitled to use a pen, why the questioning now?

The query was about the counting procedure Hope.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3350
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum