MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rettendon Murders (Essex Boys)

2 posters

Go down

Rettendon Murders (Essex Boys) Empty Rettendon Murders (Essex Boys)

Post  Andrew Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:14 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rettendon_murders

I'm sure you've all heard of this one back in 1995. There's been various films based on it and even more books written about it all. Read quite a few of those books many years ago.

Lots of talk that the 2 guys who were convicted of the murders were innocent. They're still in prison now and always proclaimed their innocence.

All sorts of stuff all over the internet about it and many theories of what may or may not have happened as well.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Rettendon Murders (Essex Boys) Empty Re: Rettendon Murders (Essex Boys)

Post  Freedom Tue 16 Aug 2016, 5:15 pm

At the time I worked in a business rate department and one of the three, Tony Tucker, ran a sports equipment shop in the area.

The manager wasn't going to let the fact that he was dead excuse him from paying his debts! Thankfully I wasn't the one who was ordered to do it but a colleague had to ring up the murder squad and ask for the details of his next of kin - yes, I'm sure that he was told where to go.

I don't think that I was aware of the doubts over the convictions so I shall refresh my memory of the case.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Rettendon Murders (Essex Boys) Empty Re: Rettendon Murders (Essex Boys)

Post  Andrew Tue 16 Aug 2016, 7:14 pm

They (Whomes and Steele) were basically convicted at trial on the word of Police Informant (Nicholls) who was a criminal himself and said that he drove W and S to and from the murder scene. He (Nicholls) was given a new identity, released from prison from other offences and set up with a new life.

From what I remember there were more holes in it all than a second-hand dartboard but they were sent down for life on his say-so.

There's a theory that the Police even bumped them off with the connections to the Leah Betts death etc. The notorious Kenny Noye was another that's been mentioned behind/organising it. Loads of theories really.

There's a lot I've forgotten about it all but do remember thinking that the Police had the wrong men for it.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum