MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18/09/2016 - Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child

+13
Freedom
unreorganised
Poe
froggy
Bloodhound
Bampots
Heisenburg
costello
candyfloss
Andrew
Rosa canina
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

18/09/2016 - Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Re: 18/09/2016 - Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child

Post  Andrew Sun 18 Sep 2016, 8:24 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:A word from Textusa.

Textusa18 Sep 2016, 15:10:00

This is what I have just posted on FB:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/711761/Madeline-McCann-Fresh-cash-lifeline-search-missing-child-scotland-yard

This is not good news. This is excellent news. Hope to explain on Friday.
   Smile Smile Smile

Didn't know Textusa had a facebook group as well... Anyone got a link?

So we have to wait til Friday then for their view and explanation on the 'excellent news'....

No offence to them but I wish they'd spit it out.

The teasing and 'tune in next week' nature of Textusa does bother me.

Well quite. Personally I'm not bothered about a 10,000 word essay that will take the best part of a week to prepare. I just want to read this excellent news now.

Patience was never my strong point though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

18/09/2016 - Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Re:18/09/2016- Madeleine McCann:Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child.

Post  costello Sun 18 Sep 2016, 8:25 pm

Andrew wrote:
costello wrote:
Andrew wrote:Why should the 2 be related though.....?

If they have compelling evidence then why sit back and wait to see what the outcome is regarding the Appeal decision etc?

Whatever is going on with Goncalo and the McCanns on a private matter should'nt have any bearing at all on a £12 million pound plus investigation..... Should it? scratch

Again just my thoughts Andrew, but if Dr.Amaral wins his appeal, he is then a loose cannon. I would imagine OG will have to continue for sometime.

But if it's a bona fide investigation and SY are working in tandem with the PJ on this then the whole business between the McCanns and Goncalo should be irrelevant...

I don't believe SY and the PJ have ever been in unison on this case Andrew. Dr. Amaral had this case almost solved early on, sadly to say he paid a high price. This case is too 'political' but the question remains why?
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

18/09/2016 - Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Re:18/09/2016- Madeleine McCann:Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child.

Post  costello Sun 18 Sep 2016, 8:53 pm

Andrew wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:A word from Textusa.

Textusa18 Sep 2016, 15:10:00

This is what I have just posted on FB:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/711761/Madeline-McCann-Fresh-cash-lifeline-search-missing-child-scotland-yard

This is not good news. This is excellent news. Hope to explain on Friday.
   Smile Smile Smile

Didn't know Textusa had a facebook group as well... Anyone got a link?

So we have to wait til Friday then for their view and explanation on the 'excellent news'....

No offence to them but I wish they'd spit it out.

The teasing and 'tune in next week' nature of Textusa does bother me.

Well quite. Personally I'm not bothered about a 10,000 word essay that will take the best part of a week to prepare. I just want to read this excellent news now.

Patience was never my strong point though.

Andrew I have just been on the 'Textusa' girls Facebook page and nothing will be revealed until Friday, so it looks like we will just have to be patient. What is the saying 'all good things come to those who wait'.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

18/09/2016 - Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Re: 18/09/2016 - Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child

Post  Poe Sun 18 Sep 2016, 9:11 pm

My first thought on reading this news is that it comes very close on the heels of the McCanns saying that the fund is almost gone and they'll need more money to resume the search when the police investigation ends next month.

What better way to stop the McCanns getting out the begging bowls than to announce that funding for the investigation has been extended? It will be interesting to see how much, if any, of this additional amount is actually needed.

If this has come from the McCanns then they may have just shot themselves in the foot.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 18 Sep 2016, 10:13 pm

Will await with anticipation for Friday then, Costello, for the dangling carrot.

Not thought of that, Poe. Makes sense.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 18 Sep 2016, 10:35 pm

costello wrote:What is the saying 'all good things come to those who wait'.

Really? I waited so long for my threesome with the Olsen Twins that it eventually lost all appeal.

Speaking of losing appeals, I can't see how SY's actions would be in any way dependent on the outcome of the private matter between the McCanns and Amaral. That's a mere side issue compared to the main investigation.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:51 am

I'd much prefer to hear a SY official spokesperson or even one of the top brass themselves, calling a press conference for an update and full explanation regarding the further funding of Operation Grange....

... Rather than receiving this information through the Sun and the Star and the like.

Why can't they 'officially' announce it themselves? A genuine question? scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 19 Sep 2016, 7:49 am

They could put updates on the Find Madeleine website.

There has been nothing since an anniversary update in May.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:16 am

It could be right though that there's something/someone trying to stop any more donations being collected??

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:20 am

Where has that been suggested, DDL?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:28 am

@ Freedom, speculation on my part:

Poe wrote:My first thought on reading this news is that it comes very close on the heels of the McCanns saying that the fund is almost gone and they'll need more money to resume the search when the police investigation ends next month.

What better way to stop the McCanns getting out the begging bowls than to announce that funding for the investigation has been extended? It will be interesting to see how much, if any, of this additional amount is actually needed.

If this has come from the McCanns then they may have just shot themselves in the foot.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:40 am

Well here's a thought. Since the announcement that OG was going to be wound down, the McCanns put it out there that they have X number of pounds left in the fund. They also tried to put it out there that those funds would be used to launch a search of their own "once OG has stopped looking" or words to that effect.

So now OG hasn't stopped looking. So how do the McCanns explain if the money suddenly disappears?

If OG has announced that they're continuing, that doesn't leave the McCanns any room for claiming that they have to spend the remaining funds. Therefore, if the ruling goes against the McCanns in Portugal, they can't claim poverty. They still have that money.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:57 am

Just going to put these snippets here from an article last year:

Kate and Gerry McCann continue to pump thousands of pounds into a special fund for use when the official investigation, codenamed Operation Grange and launched more than four years ago, finally ends.

He told how former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 37, of Rothley, Leics, had moved money from the publicly-backed Find Maddie Fund into a special account in anticipation of having to finance the hunt for their daughter themselves.

Mr Mitchell said: “In a common sense and practical move, they have kept some money back from the Find Madeleine Fund in case it is needed for an ongoing search.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-ready-continue-6370581
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 19 Sep 2016, 9:04 am

Freedom wrote:They could put updates on the Find Madeleine website.

There has been nothing since an anniversary update in May.

That waste of space website is nothing but a con (imo).

SY / Met Police could update their website though with some 'official' latest news.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 19 Sep 2016, 9:31 am

That's a clever theory canada12.

Heisenburg wrote:In a recent FOI request a reply to T Bennett was that the MPS do not apply for funding,yet the latest crap tells us that

But a fresh request, believed to be for a sum of around £100,000, was submitted to the Home Office as the deadline approached and has now been signed off.

So who applies for the funding,crock of shit all of it.

If this announcement was spin intended to curtail the McCanns financial freedom with regards to the fund, the FOI could be correct - the police don't apply for funding.

All this information from a "source" and "believed to be" smoke and mirrors is making me wonder whether the police actually need this extra money at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:00 am

Freedom wrote:Where has that been suggested, DDL?

Thats what came to my mind on reading Poes post above.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:02 am

It's an interesting theory indeed.

So 95k + 100k (195k) for a year's work is chicken feed really. But enough to keep the investigation ticking along and more importantly keep the McCanns from publicly getting their begging bowl out.... Which causes immense problems for them personally. A rock and a hard place which may be the intention.

But then this theory is all linked to the appeal decision... Why should they string it along for the sake of this decision? And when does it end?

When is 'enough is enough' so to speak?

If the McCanns lose then does this 'compelling' evidence all of a sudden come to the forefront? If they win and it drags on for yet another year plus, then do the SY throw in another 100k next April to have the whole thing simmering away again for another 6 months after that.....?

Trying to fathom the direction here.....

It certainly is a strange game of cat and mouse.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:31 am

Andrew wrote:It's an interesting theory indeed.

So 95k + 100k (195k) for a year's work is chicken feed really. But enough to keep the investigation ticking along and more importantly keep the McCanns from publicly getting their begging bowl out.... Which causes immense problems for them personally. A rock and a hard place which may be the intention.

But then this theory is all linked to the appeal decision... Why should they string it along for the sake of this decision? And when does it end?

When is 'enough is enough' so to speak?

If the McCanns lose then does this 'compelling' evidence all of a sudden come to the forefront? If they win and it drags on for yet another year plus, then do the SY throw in another 100k next April to have the whole thing simmering away again for another 6 months after that.....?

Trying to fathom the direction here.....

Cat and mouse indeed Andrew! I am more inclined to believe this extra £100k is the four remaining police officers salaries for the next 6 months. If the case hasn't been solved with £12 million thrown at it, what difference will £100k make and why that amount? Again just my thoughts.

eta:My reference to 'a game of cat and mouse' is OG and the PJ.

Last edited by costello on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:35 am

Andrew wrote:

And what persons, knowing that they were quasi-suspects in what, lets face it, is a murder enquiry in all but name, would then proceed to play cat and mouse games with the investigating party?

You could almost be forgiven for thinking that every word written about this fiasco is made up solely to sell chip papers.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:44 am

IMO the "compelling evidence" could have been found in the use and management of the "fund".
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:06 am

unreorganised wrote:
Andrew wrote:

And what persons, knowing that they were quasi-suspects in what, lets face it, is a murder enquiry in all but name, would then proceed to play cat and mouse games with the investigating party?

You could almost be forgiven for thinking that every word written about this fiasco is made up solely to sell chip papers.

Yes but they've got form and were very good at the cat and mouse game back in 2007 when the PJ were on there tail. Albeit with some outside help to painfully slow the cat down or an outright attempt to poison it and kill it off completely....

Things change and the new cat is 2 cats now.. Beefed up on steroids by the PJ as well. It's more of a lion. A game of survival for the mouse who once thought it was smart but is now getting desperately weaker by the day and is struggling. Struggling to find a place to hide. There is nowhere to hide. The giant cat is circulating and ready to pounce but is getting immense pleasure from teasing it so it's no fun to kill it off just yet...

The game must go on a bit longer.

(Not sure what the hell that was all about that I just wrote Very Happy )
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:21 am

Châtelaine wrote:IMO the "compelling evidence" could have been found in the use and management of the "fund".

I'm not sure.

It would have to be proven in the court of law that Madeleine died and the parents were responsible for any separate charges in relation to fraudulent activity in regards to the fund.

So if this did occur, Proving it is a different kettle of fish.

Even though the fund is less than transparent, I'm sure with their legal bods on board, then they would be exercising all the unethical but legal loopholes as to not to get caught out there.

They would have to charge them on the first before anything comes of the second...

IMO anyway...

Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed a couple of words as not fact and may be libellous?)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:49 am

http://portugalresident.com/multi-million-maddie-probe-gets-new-cash-injection

Interesting "only one line of inquiry" - that centering on abduction following a botched burglary???
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next