MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Dylan well deserved Nobel prize for literature

+2
unreorganised
Mimi
6 posters

Go down

Bob Dylan well deserved Nobel prize for literature Empty Bob Dylan well deserved Nobel prize for literature

Post  Mimi Thu 13 Oct 2016, 8:44 pm

Always been a fan since 1964

Saw him at Wembley in 1984

Amazing how he puts words and scenarios together

Here`s one of my favourites

Example of early abilities with words

and and early one with Joan Baez

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Bob Dylan well deserved Nobel prize for literature Empty Re: Bob Dylan well deserved Nobel prize for literature

Post  unreorganised Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:41 pm

Might as well chuck my favourite in. The lyrics to this are quite inspired.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Bob Dylan well deserved Nobel prize for literature Empty Re: Bob Dylan well deserved Nobel prize for literature

Post  bluebell Fri 14 Oct 2016, 3:21 pm

I know Dylan is well loved and admired by many though his style has never grabbed me.

Leonard Cohen now.... there is a wonderful poet and lyricist, I can - and do  Cool  - listen to his stuff for hours.   Jacques Brel anyone ??

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:32 pm

bluebell wrote:I know Dylan is well loved and admired by many though his style has never grabbed me.

Leonard Cohen now.... there is a wonderful poet and lyricist, I can - and do  Cool  - listen to his stuff for hours.   Jacques Brel anyone ??

Ah now you are talking bluebell, never had much time for Dylan but Leonard Cohen is my favourite cheers

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:34 pm

bluebell wrote:I know Dylan is well loved and admired by many though his style has never grabbed me.

Jacques who? I've never heard of him. Nor Leonard come to think of it.

Will clue myself up later on.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:59 pm

candyfloss wrote:

Ah now you are talking bluebell, never had much time for Dylan but Leonard Cohen is my favourite cheers

Oh candyfloss - isn't he wonderful ?   Great prog on Rad 4 a couple of months ago with Marianne reminiscing her time with him, also Leonard commenting... hope you caught it.

He writes and sings about life, feelings, love, pain and began as a poet.     Just hope he has another concert in the UK (I am willing to travel Laughing )

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 14 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm

OMG just came on to mention Leonard, I have 2 volumes of his poems permanently beside me. Going to a concert is a huge undertaking for me but I saw him a few years ago perform for 3 hours straight, no break. I laughed and I cried that night at his amazing songs and poems. He skipped around the stage like a teenager.
Marianne died recently and for anyone who missed it look up the letter he sent to her days before her death. I cried like a baby.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 22 Oct 2016, 3:33 pm

Seems rather ungracious to not even acknowledge it.  Only have to say "Thanks, but no thanks"   ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37740379

Bob Dylan's Nobel silence 'impolite and arrogant'

Bob Dylan's failure to acknowledge his Nobel Prize in literature is "impolite and arrogant", according to a member of the body that awards it.

The 75-year-old singer was named the shock winner of the prize last week.

But all efforts by the Swedish Academy to contact him have failed, and he has not acknowledged the win in public.
Academy member Per Wastberg told Swedish television: "He is who he is," adding that there was little surprise Dylan had ignored the news.

"We were aware that he can be difficult and that he does not like appearances when he stands alone on the stage," he told Sweden's Dagens Nyheter newspaper in a separate interview.
A reference to the prize was removed from Dylan's website last week.

It is still not known if he will travel to Stockholm to receive the prize on 10 December. If he does not, a ceremony marking his career will go ahead as planned, Mr Wastberg said.

Mr Wastberg called the snub "unprecedented", but one person has previously rejected the Nobel Prize in Literature - French author and philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre in 1964.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 22 Oct 2016, 5:28 pm

I wouldn`t be surprised if he refuses it. He hates all that honours stuff and being put up on a pedestal. It makes him feel like an imposter. He`s not in the same big ego category as Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger who accepted knighthoods. Mind you the Nobel has the edge on a knighthood from a royal. Dylan would probably just say "ain`t that somethin`" , then move on and get ready for his next gig.

You can see his attitude to the world in this interview which was some years ago now.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 22 Oct 2016, 7:21 pm

Shouldn't stop him saying something though Mimi, even 'no thanks' but silence is very bad manners imo.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 22 Oct 2016, 7:58 pm

I agree. Best to say something even if it`s `thanks but no thanks`

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down