MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Ben Needham

+27
mumof6
hesla
costello
Satsuma
joyce1938
Guinea Pig
Hope
chilli
Mo
Mimi
PMR
unreorganised
Helenmeg
Châtelaine
candyfloss
Bampots
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Inca
chrissie
TheTruthWillOut
Heisenburg
seahorse
froggy
chirpyinsect
Andrew
wjk
31 posters

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

ben needham - The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 33 Empty Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Heisenburg Sat 10 Mar 2018, 3:14 pm

This was posted on Textusa,seems to have escaped attention til now.

US experts are currently trying to find DNA from a toy car and a child’s sandal found near the scene

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5467553/Ben-Needhams-family-delighted-sister-gives-birth-baby-girl.html#ixzz59MKg8CSq
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

ben needham - The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 33 Empty Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Freedom Sat 10 Mar 2018, 3:56 pm

The news of the finding of the car and sandal is from last July.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4723422/Human-blood-toy-car-sandal-Ben-Needham.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 10 Mar 2018, 4:16 pm

Freedom wrote:The news of the finding of the car and sandal is from last July.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4723422/Human-blood-toy-car-sandal-Ben-Needham.html

The piece about the us experts is new is it not.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 10 Mar 2018, 4:22 pm

There is a mention of the items being examined by forensic scientists but, whether they were from America, I don't know.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 10 Mar 2018, 4:26 pm

Shoo is Heisenburg.......v interesting....

Ben Needham's family are delighted as the missing boy's sister, 24, gives birth to a baby girl

By Jessica Green For Mailonline
10:20, 06 Mar 2018, updated 10:32, 06 Mar 2018

From the article....

US experts are currently trying to find DNA from a toy car and a child’s sandal found near the scene......

Although.....

July 2017: Chemical traces found on the sandal and car indicate the presence of a decomposing human body. Samples are sent for DNA analysis to see if the blood can be matched to Ben.......

So they have had them 8 months according to the above!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 30 Nov 2018, 11:58 am

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/missing-toddler-ben-needhams-mum-dealt-devastating-blow-with-new-dna-results/ar-BBQgS2e?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=mailsignout

Back to square one it seems.

"Some people on Kos have been lying for 27 years and we’ve suffered years of torture, slow torture.”

Kerry needs to get to grips with the near certainty that it's her own family who has been lying.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 16 Jan 2019, 7:30 pm

Agreed. The chances of Ben having been abducted by a person or persons unknown in such a remote location are just infinitesimal. It was a baking hot day with the sun at it's height. What abductor is going to be roaming around the Greek countryside in 90 degrees plus heat waiting to swoop on a small child? At the age he was and given the heat and the rough terrain Ben is unlikely to have strayed far away at all. And in fact it is on record that when the family found Ben was not there they assumed he had gone off with his young Uncle on his moped. I would take this at face value. Perhaps the pair went off to go swimming somewhere - this seems the most plausible explanation. And 17-year-olds on mopeds are accidents waiting to happen, particularly with a wriggly toddler on board.

I feel sure that the Greek police must have worked out what the most likely scenario was quite early on and the whole thing, imo, has been a bit of a charade, rather like the McCann case.

Maybe Kerry is hoping that she will be told the truth about what happened. Or maybe she knows but just cannot 'go there'?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10:35 pm

An accident at the building site itself is a possibility too.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Wed 16 Jan 2019, 11:09 pm

I'am not too familiar with the details in this case.
Did they do a full investigation of Stephen?
Did they knew for sure that he didn't picked up him on his scooter?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 16 Jan 2019, 11:14 pm

If you have time there are 40 pages on this link plus the 33 here!

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1567-the-mystery-of-ben-needham
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Thu 17 Jan 2019, 10:35 am

Freedom wrote:If you have time there are 40 pages on this link plus the 33 here!

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1567-the-mystery-of-ben-needham

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 26 Jan 2020, 9:41 pm

Freedom wrote:An accident at the building site itself is a possibility too.

Agreed. An accident of one type of another is by far the most likely scenario. I think panic set in and a decision was made to spare Ben's mother the truth.

I would imagine that the investigating police in Greece formed an opinion about what happened fairly early on. I wonder what the British police were actually doing when they returned to the island to further their investigations, allegedly? Rather like in the Madeleine McCann case, it's amazing how much tax payers' money has been spent 'investigating' these cases with so little to show for it.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 26 Jan 2020, 10:06 pm

I expect that you will be re-reading all the pages on this topic, poster! It turned up some very interesting information about the case which I was unaware of before.

I think that the younger of Ben's uncles - Danny, aged 11 - who was at the site that day may have been involved in some way. His mother was quoted as saying that he needed to be protected - why?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 27 Jan 2020, 4:37 pm

Freedom wrote:I expect that you will be re-reading all the pages on this topic, poster! It turned up some very interesting information about the case which I was unaware of before.

I think that the younger of Ben's uncles - Danny, aged 11 - who was at the site that day may have been involved in some way. His mother was quoted as saying that he needed to be protected - why?

Interesting comment about Danny. It is of course possible there was an accident at the site. I do have sympathy for Ben's mum but she must know that nothing is going to bring her son back. I also think that her book reads like a work of fiction. The account of the day that Ben disappeared doesn't ring true, imo. However I think that 'brain leak' and half truths give the story away. I think Ben did go off with his Uncle on his moped and there was an accident. When they didn't come back I think the men went out looking for them. I think panic set in and a decision was made. Possibly the owner of the villa that the men were working on had connections in some places and the police (or at least the British police) were prepared to go along with the unlikely 'abduction' scenario. IMO it would have been sheer madness to allow a toddler as young as Ben on a moped driven by a 17 year old. The roads up to the villa were probably in very poor condition and the ground would have been rock hard in the intense heat of the summer.

The 'abduction' scenario never made any sense. Ben would have stuck out like a sore thumb in Greece as he was so blond.

It's a tragic case and poor Kerry has had no real closure. But I really think it's time they put their heads under the parapet. Unfortunately, accidents are, statistically speaking, one of the causes of death for children of this age group. With a building site nearby and rides on a teenager's moped, there were many hazards nearby.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 27 Jan 2020, 5:16 pm

I've snipped this from a post by satsuma on the other thread which is locked. I think it gets to the heart of the matter and gives away the lie, imo

You wouldn't search everywhere for Ben in the manner that they did (allegedly) and then make an assumption. That's four adults searching and calling for Ben all around the villa. And after all that searching, they then just give up as they 'assume' he's gone off with Stephen. I don't buy it. The account is implausible and just reeks of deception. It's completely illogical - rather like some of Kate's account of Madeleine's alleged 'abduction'.

I also don't believe that Eddie, Danny and Kypreos would have carried on working on the roof that afternoon after searching for Ben. It was a boiling hot day and I think they would have 'downed tools' in afternoon when the heat was at its most intense. However, that is not relevant, imo, as I think that when Stephen didn't return with Ben, the men were probably worried that there could have been an accident and went looking for them.  I suspect Kerry stayed at the house in case Stephen returned with Ben.

Given the hours and hours that passed before the alarm was raised in the evening I suspect they found Ben within an hour or so of his disappearance (depending on how long Stephen had said they would be gone).  There were probably a few routes that the knew Stephen would have taken and I think they would have found the pair quite soon.

I also don't believe that Stephen would have taken Ben on a ride on his moped without telling the adults.

According to this account, they took a long time to establish he was missing and do something about it  

At about two-thirty, Stephen left on his moped

A few minutes after Stephen left, Christine registered that Ben had gone quiet and went outside. He was nowhere to be seen. She, Eddie, Danny and Michaelis Kypreos searched up and down the lane, in the field by the house, in a nearby orange grove, calling for him, looking anywhere he could conceivably be. When they couldn't find him, they assumed he must have gone with Stephen. They thought Stephen had taken Ben for a ride and would bring him back.

About an hour later, thinking Stephen had gone to the caravan instead of coming back to the farmhouse, or had gone to Kerry's flat, Christine walked back to Paradisi, while Eddie, Danny and Kypreos stayed working on the roof.

In the early evening Eddie went to the caravan expecting to find Ben with Christine. He wasn't

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/29/missing-child-ben-needham

They seem to have been "assuming" rather a lot. And why were they still "working on the roof" when BN had apparently disappeared?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 28 Jan 2020, 12:19 pm

I thought that this would be another one for you to get your teeth into, poster!

I haven't time to read through the past posts now but I remember some of the strange things - discrepancies over what should be factual information, for example had Ben been to the building site before or was it the first time?

Apparently he was allowed to wander round the site half-naked - what could possibly have gone wrong?!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 28 Jan 2020, 9:04 pm

You were quite right! I didn't question the family's version of events for years. It was only after I looked into the McCann case that I started asking questions. And then it didn't really add up.

It sounds callous and mean, but after such a long time I find the anguished look on Kerry's face when the case comes up after so long a bit....contrived? Wouldn't it be time to move on a bit after so long? If not for the sake of the other children?

When it was reported that there were 10 (at least?) staff from the Yorkshire police in Kos again in the summer of 2016 (I think?) and Kerry defended the negative publicity about their long boozy evenings there I started to ask more questions.

What the HECK were they ALL doing for TWO WEEKS on this sleepy island nearly two decades after Ben was last seen? (Well, I think we saw what they were doing but Kerry was very quick to defend them.)

To be fair, in the extreme heat of that day I would imagine that everyone would want to be half naked including Ben but more to the point I am sure that the youngsters wanted to be near a pool in that heat.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Thu 30 Jan 2020, 5:15 pm

If one subscribes to the theory - and it is just that, a theory - that the males in Ben's family covered up a fatal accident then one would expect some alerts from cadaver dogs both at places where a body might have been and also on people (or their clothes) who may have been responsible for the cover-up. There were many hours between the time that the family noticed Ben had disappeared and the time that the alarm was raised. If a cover-up had happened there would be the need to decide what to do, how to do it and where. There would be the need for disposal of clothes and possibly other evidence. Judging by the story below it would seem that Kerry acknowledges the possibility that Ben died in an accident.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwitgaWI6KvnAhWuQRUIHQWUDJcQFjAHegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2F2017%2Fjul%2F24%2Fben-needham-blood-found-on-toy-car-and-sandal&usg=AOvVaw3sNxaZJaRRdGw_pZ2m6YHY
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 22 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm

It will be 30 years on 24th July since Ben's reported disappearance.

I like the rather disparaging reference to the McCanns here.

https://www.thesteepletimes.com/the-fog/ben-needham-crowdfunder/

"Needham, unlike Gerry and Kate McCann – who’ve benefitted to the tune of £12.5 million in public money alone towards the search for their ‘disappeared’ daughter – is someone who has had to campaign by comparison virtually alone for justice for her child".
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Sat 24 Jul 2021, 11:20 am

Thanks for that - yes I like the reference to the McCanns too.

Here's a direct link to the Crowdfunding appeal.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Reward4Ben?utm_term=6b7BZYVpw

£1,113.00 raised so far towards a target of £5,000.00. I really can't see what such a comparatively small sum can hope to achieve.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 24 Jul 2021, 11:38 am

I've just realised that Matthew Steeples is promoting the appeal. I mentioned him in May (post copied below) and am underwhelmed with what I've heard of his views. He has criticised the amount and time spent on the McCann case but, as far as I know, he hasn't seen through the total nonsense of the story. He needs to check out the problems with the Needham story too.

"YOUTUBE VIDEO, MATTHEW STEEPLES ON TRUE CRIME REPORT 176 WITH SHAUN ATTWOOD

Who is Matthew Steeples when he is at home? I've never heard of him and am not impressed with what I've listened to so far. How does he know or know of so many famous people?

A few things I disagree with very strongly, particularly his dismissal of Richard Madeley as a "Covid denier".

Nothing of the sort - he has only pointed out that the lockdown is total you know what and that the statistics are bogus.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/richard-and-judy/1424327/coronavirus-news-death-statistics-incorrect

I'll try again later to watch the McCann bit.

P.S. Listened to it today, 14th May. Mostly okay, to the tune of why has this missing child case been treated so differently to all the others".
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33