MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Princess Diana - then and now

+9
PMR
candyfloss
Andrew
Mimi
Poppy
Dee Coy
Marky
Freedom
Admin
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Princess Diana - then and now - Page 3 Empty Re: Princess Diana - then and now

Post  candyfloss Mon 07 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

It was a very good programme I agree Mimi, and very sad.  It was lovely to see her open up, and that mischievous laugh she had, I had never heard that before, what a giggler she was.  We got to see another side of her, and I liked what I saw.

People apparently divided as to whether the programme should have been aired.  Some saying too intrusive and not right to share her private tapes, others saying she would never have put them on tape for safekeeping if she didn't want them aired at some time.  She always thought she was going to be 'bumped off'  I was glad to watch the programme, although it was late and I was in the bedroom so being a deaf old bat I missed some of her talking on that couch as she was so quiet, and I miss certain words.  My hubby won't let me have the telly on loud, 'cos it might wake the neighbours' Smile

It does show that nothing has changed down the centuries, with the heir to the throne having mistresses etc.  Still lots of plotting and backstabbing going on, poor Diana had no help at all. Crying or Very sad

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 08 Aug 2017, 10:41 am

This mornings headlines...

Princess Diana - then and now - Page 3 _97247982_thesun1

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 08 Aug 2017, 10:43 am

candyfloss wrote:This mornings headlines...

Unbelievable!

Melanie Sykes, so short of cash!
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 08 Aug 2017, 10:45 am

unreorganised wrote:
candyfloss wrote:This mornings headlines...

Unbelievable!

Melanie Sykes, so short of cash!

Aaargh, I hadn't even noticed that, ye Gods! affraid

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 08 Aug 2017, 10:49 am

I don't know what it says about me - and where my interests truly lie - but that picture was the first thing that jumped out at me!

The Diana story sounds like usual Sun garbage.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 08 Aug 2017, 10:57 am

Never heard of her Basketball

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 11 Aug 2017, 10:07 pm

They never give it a rest do they, just like poor Madeleine, any old story will do to sell papers and get them on the front page!! 

Princess Diana - then and now - Page 3 DG-gpsqUQAA3GLT

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 12 Aug 2017, 8:48 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 12 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/princess-dianas-wicked-stepmother/on-demand/66152-001

A different angle this time with the spotlight on Diana's stepmother, Raine. They went from sworn enemies (Raine, Raine go away is what Diana used to say about her as a child) to good friends after her marriage broke up.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:35 am

https://www.spreaker.com/user/markdevlin/good-vibrations-podcast-vol-112-sonia-po

I haven't heard this yet so don't know what Sonia thinks about the case.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:58 am

She certainly thinks there's something odd about the story.

As she says - and I have said likewise about events like the JFK assassination and the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks - you know there's something wrong when it's announced far too quickly who was responsible and that verdict doesn't change over time, even when more evidence comes to light.

The problem though for me is how could this have been pre-planned when the decision to drive from the Ritz that night was a spur of the moment one; nobody knew in advance where Diana would be.

It's very unlikely though that the driver Henri Paul was high on drink and prescription drugs as CCTV footage of him in the hotel that night shows him behaving perfectly normally; wouldn't anyone have noticed if he was drunk?

I doubt that the truth of the matter will come out until everyone who was involved is dead.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 27 Aug 2017, 3:54 pm

Freedom wrote:She certainly thinks there's something odd about the story.

As she says - and I have said likewise about events like the JFK assassination and the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks - you know there's something wrong when it's announced far too quickly who was responsible and that verdict doesn't change over time, even when more evidence comes to light.

The problem though for me is how could this have been pre-planned when the decision to drive from the Ritz that night was a spur of the moment one; nobody knew in advance where Diana would be.

It's very unlikely though that the driver Henri Paul was high on drink and prescription drugs as CCTV footage of him in the hotel that night shows him behaving perfectly normally; wouldn't anyone have noticed if he was drunk?    

I doubt that the truth of the matter will come out until everyone who was involved is dead.

How long in advance did their entourage know that they wouldn`t be staying at the Ritz but going to Dodi`s flat. If things were already in place, i.e. the dodgy Mercedes and the Fiat Uno with the remote, it wouldn`t take that long to communicate `all systems go`.

I believe she could have survived - that side of the car came off lightly.

There`s far too many dodgy co-incidences for it to have been an accident. She was murdered without a doubt. I suppose I ought to put IMO but I`m sure it`s in the majority of the world`s opinion.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 27 Aug 2017, 8:24 pm

It could have been up to two hours I think after the decision not to stay was made that the party left the Ritz, so yes, time to ring round.

A somewhat irreverent view on the issue.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 27 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

I`m in the middle of watching another video called Who Killed Diana. Mohamed El-Fayed is saying that he spoke to Dodi at midnight on the phone and Dodi told him there were large crowds outside the front of the Ritz. Mohamed told him to stay put. He cannot know this but he says Henri Paul would have persuaded Dodi to go back to his flat and devised a plan to go out the back entrance and that he knew a safe route to go to avoid the paparazzi. But I don`t know how Mohamed can know that because both Dodi and Henri Paul died (unless he learnt it from Trevor Rees-Jones).

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:23 am

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:38 pm

I remember the day of her funeral, the 6th September, the Moon and Venus were conjunct and bright in the sky. Very apt - she was a Cancerian (ruled by the Moon), Diana was also the moon goddess in Roman mythology. And Venus needs no explanation. It was like a symbol of her from the heavens.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:48 pm

That's an awful age progressed picture, all they've done is taken an existing image of her and added grey hair and bags under her eyes. She looks more 66 than 56.

And I don't believe she would ever have worn a pink raincoat with red lipstick, not even to pick the grandkids up from nursery.

She had a whopper of a nose though, don't you think?

RIP Diana, sorely missed.

The funeral was a very sad day indeed. In fact the whole of her time with the Royals was a very sad affair.

She had lovely hair.

Last edited by purple ronnie on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:49 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

@ purple ronnie

"And I don't believe she would ever have worn a pink raincoat with red lipstick, not even to pick the grandkids up from nursery."

That made me laugh - you`re so right Laughing Laughing Laughing

Her nose was just fine Surprised

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:20 pm

Agree - terrible age-progressed pic but I think they are all terrible.

There is something really weird about Princess Di's death. I cannot understand why the driver had to go so fast - the paparazzi were going to get their shots anyway so why not chill? Or go in a car with blackened-out windows. Why risk Diana's life by driving at 100 mph? So irresponsible.

I always thought she was rather amazing. Very gracious and sensitive - she made most of the members of the royal family look like complete oafs. There was Charles with his gauche: '..whatever love means' throw-away remark on their honeymoon. I mean, WTF, how RUDE and insensitive, at least pretend to be in love even if he wasn't. Just shows how much respect he had for her and how THOUGHTLESS he was.

She was treated really badly by the royal family, imo, but you could see she was a brilliant mother and her boys adored her. She was a sensitive soul and I just don't think they 'got' her.

Camilla is far more 'one of them' - all stiff-upper-lip and country tweeds.

There is something sinister about her death, imo. Will it ever come out? Was there a dark secret to hide, perhaps?

Ditto Kelly.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:52 pm

That 100 mph story was just the press exaggerating - it was about 60-70 afaik which is still too fast IMO.

The mystery seems to be around Henri Paul, although he was not drunk as many people have testified. I don`t know what to believe about his blood test results being swapped. It seems Henri Paul was a patsy - the whole business about him taking a roundabout route so he had to go into the Alma Tunnel seems pre-planned as though he was tricked into doing it. Mohamed El-Fayed thinks that Henri Paul persuaded Dodi to go back to his flat assuring him they could dodge the crowds and paparazzi. That particular Mercedes car seemed to be pre-planned as well.

She was alive and talking when the first doctor arrived - I believe she was murdered by that second doctor in the ambulance.

The French have a lot to answer for - I don`t believe a word of that female police chief - just a gut feeling. The President at the time was Jacques Chirac but I expect he was kept in the dark.

There are too many dodgy coincidences for it to have been just an accident IMO.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:52 pm

I'm trying to find confirmation of the speed at which the car was going - it wasn't as much as 100 miles an hour, more like 60 from memory.

Not that it matters but the "whatever love means" remark was made on the day that the engagement was announced.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:06 pm

I have watched 3 documentaries on this in the last week or so.  The first stated her body was flown  back in UK within 16 hours, and the second yesterday's  claimed it was back here  in 10 hours.  How on earth did the French manage to perform an autopsy in that time?  That doesn't add up.  Also 2 different people said her body was placed in a room in the hospital after she died with guards on the door.  Again how did the autopsy happen then?

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:15 pm

I remember watching the return of her body to the U K on that Sunday - it was around 5 in the afternoon, so something like 14 hours after she died.

I presume that the guards were there to stop unauthorised persons but medical staff would be allowed in.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:28 pm

Freedom wrote:I remember watching the return of her body to the U K on that Sunday - it was around 5 in the afternoon, so something like  14 hours after she died.

I presume that the guards were there to stop unauthorised persons but medical staff would be allowed in.
It would be impossible to perform an autopsy in a hospital patient room I would have thought.  Would there be staff around to perform one in the early hours of the morning, I doubt that too.  It doesn't make sense.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next