MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing

+19
Rosa canina
Antonia
Heisenburg
Winslow Boy
dogs don't lie
mumof6
coppernob
Bloodhound
chrissie
chirpyinsect
Dee Coy
Andrew
Satsuma
froggy
Mimi
candyfloss
Bubblewrapped
bluebell
Châtelaine
23 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 7 Empty Re: Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Aug 2017, 2:24 pm

A sad case from the 1960s in Canada where it was thought that bringing a boy up as a girl after a circumcision operation went disastrously wrong was the best answer to the problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11814300
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 7 Empty Re: Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing

Post  Mimi Tue 01 Aug 2017, 6:44 pm

All these genetic mutations these days ! Have there always been such things? Or is it just that we get to hear about it nowadays?

What with the male sperm count going down in industrialised countries, it makes me wonder if it`s since the discovery of plastics and all the unnatural materials in the last half century.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 07 Aug 2017, 9:26 am

I wonder if there is more to this story than we're being told. How could this poor child have managed to drink more than a drop of boiling water?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/girl-8-dies-after-drinking-boiling-water-in-deadly-dare-copied-from-youtube-video/ar-AApu9hU?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout&pfr=1
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Mon 07 Aug 2017, 9:35 am

I suppose, using a straw, the boiling water would end up at the back of the mouth, and in the throat, and it would not take much for the swelling to block a child's much smaller airways.

A mouthful of boiling water would certainly be enough to damage the airway.

I would question who put her up to it, it does not sound like a thing a child would do without someone else she wanted to impress.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 07 Aug 2017, 7:32 pm

Oh man Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 14 Aug 2017, 9:43 pm

http://ktla.com/2017/08/04/missing-california-kindergarten-teacher-found-alive-weeks-after-crash/

The bit that jumped out at me is that this unfortunate woman was told by her pastor not to take her bipolar medication as it would let demons in.......
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:26 am

Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 30 Aug 2017, 7:35 am

Goodness know how much truth (if any) there is in this story but it certainly sounds absolutely crazy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4831134/MP-anger-Christian-girl-forced-Muslim-foster-care.html

I'm doing a Richard Dawkins here - no, she is not a Christian child as she can't possibly have made her mind up on whether she is or not; the child of Christian parents is what is meant.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 30 Aug 2017, 8:39 am

I heard a lead social worker interviewed about this last night - she said it is not uncommon for them to place children cross culturally and that there are ways and means around the language barrier, such as sign language - but this is generally the attitude of some social workers - i.e. multiculturalism is good, anything goes and everyone is good and can`t help it. She said the priority is location so the child is within easy reach of nursery, school and family. Never mind whether the fosterers speak English or not - they`ll get round that !!!!

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:19 am

Would a 5-year-old say that people "don't speak English" - I would have thought it would be more like she doesn't understand what they say to her.

Also, if the sack-over-head foster mother only speaks Arabic, how has the child repeated anything that was said?

"She was said to have told her biological mother ‘European women are stupid and alcoholic’ and ‘Christmas and Easter are stupid’, prompting questions over cultural attitudes in her foster homes".

I wonder what would be the reaction to a story (whether accurate or not) of a child of Muslim parents being placed with a Christian family.......
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 7 Empty Conspiracy Theorist Warns Solar Eclipse Will Signal The Coming Of Nibiru And The End Of Our Planet

Post  candyfloss Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:43 am

Here's a good one for you, earth being hit by planet Nibiru between Sept 20th to 23rd. Hope its 23rd and my birthday is the 22nd Laughing

Conspiracy Theorist Warns Solar Eclipse Will Signal The Coming Of Nibiru And The End Of Our Planet

According to a popular and published conspiracy theorist David Meade, our planet is going to cease to exist as we know it some time in late September or October.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:50 am

I'm not sure if this one counts as weird - maybe just annoying; people who rant and rave when rightly criticised for their behaviour p*ss me off!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4857868/Pregnant-mom-denied-restaurant-service-crop-top.html

Yes, pregnancy is wonderful and natural but we don't all want it in our faces - quite literally!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 11 Sep 2017, 9:01 am

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/christian-parents-to-sue-school-because-boy-in-sons-class-was-allowed-to-wear-dress/ar-AArCeKE?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartandhp

I know someone who will agree with these parents!

Allowing children to live in the opposite gender to which they were born is I know a controversial subject but these parents are the ones with a problem in my opinion and the way they are bringing up their children makes me shudder.

If my son had been at school with a boy who suddenly started dressing as a girl, I doubt that he would have batted an eyelid.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 19 Sep 2017, 11:45 am

I think that we've mentioned this "expert" before but can't find where.

http://loaded.co.uk/end-of-the-world-2/

Get all your affairs in order by the weekend!

P.S I have now found the previous post about this and transferred it here.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Sep 2017, 11:41 am

I think that it's safe to come out now.

"According to Christian numerologists, the world is set to end on Saturday, September 23 when a mysterious planet collides with Earth.

Author David Meade, a well-known Christian numerologist, is behind the bold prediction, which cites several verses from the Bible as offering up clues to our imminent extinction".

Back to your abacus, Mr Meade!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 24 Sep 2017, 11:54 am

Freedom! You made it too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 25 Sep 2017, 9:33 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:29 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Tue 03 Oct 2017, 9:40 pm

Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 04 Oct 2017, 9:20 am

Of course, you know who I first thought of when I read that...
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 04 Oct 2017, 9:57 am

I might have to phone a friend about that.

I was on a train a few years ago when a man started ranting about religion, something to the effect of we need to think about what's waiting for us at the end of our journey through life. 

I got up and went to the next carriage - as far as I know, everyone else just ignored him.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:36 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:28 pm

The United Nations has pulled staff out of two districts in southern Malawi where a vampire scare has triggered mob violence in which at least five people have been killed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/09/un-moves-malawi-staff-vampire-scare
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 11 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm

How daft is this..

Man calls police to report Tesco delivery van in his village

A concerned resident phoned the police after spotting a Tesco delivery van near his home, claiming "people in this village don't shop at Tesco".

The incident was cited as one of the many strange reports fielded by North Yorkshire police, who are working to reduce the number of time-wasting calls following an "unprecedented rise".

Chief Inspector Mike Walker said anyone who misused the number could be prosecuted.

Bizarre calls to police

1. "My neighbour is a reincarnated Buddhist."

2. "My friend has been taken to hospital. Can you pick her stuff up from her house?"

3. "My son was only sentenced to 18 months in prison but he's been there for nine years."

4. "A sparrow has just flown into my kitchen and killed itself."

5. "I've set off to go on holiday and I've forgotten to put my bins out. Can the police pop round and do it for me?"

6. "What time do the shops close?"

7. "Is 16.00 hours the same as four o'clock?"

8. "Someone's putting up a mast and they're not allowed."

9. "My son is at my sister's but I don't talk to her. Will you pick my son up for me?"

​10. "Can you trace a withheld number?"

"Some of the calls we receive, both on 999 or 101, are not police matters," he said.

"The time spent on these calls should be spent helping members of the community who need us most.

"Time spent dealing with callers who are using the system inappropriately could mean a call handler is not free to deal with an emergency, potentially leading to a tragic outcome."

The county's force control room saw 999 calls almost double from 4,911 to 8,551 between January and August of this year. Calls to the non-emergency number 101 also rose from 21,045 to 24,017 in the same period.

Changes to the service include the introduction of an operator service and a new call-back facility on the non-emergency line

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/man-calls-police-to-report-tesco-delivery-van-in-his-village-a3655931.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 12 Oct 2017, 10:21 am

You beat me to it with posting that story.

Here are some more crazy calls. Some of them are funny but it does make you cringe as well that people can be so stupid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/stupidest-999-phone-calls-missing-3058794
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next