MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD'

+8
JohnnyH
Pseudo Nym
joyce1938
Mimi
AndyB
TheTruthWillOut
unreorganised
candyfloss
12 posters

Go down

'IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD'  Empty 'IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD'

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Jul 2017, 8:48 pm

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

'IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD'  Empty Re: 'IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD'

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Jul 2017, 8:51 pm

Madeleine McCann’s parents Kate and Gerry ‘have failed’ in their battle to silence ex-Portuguese cop over sick slurs

By Tracey Kandohla

11th July 2017, 6:46 pm
Updated: 11th July 2017, 7:57 pm

Pals of the parents have said Goncalo Amaral 'has won once and for all' because they don't have the 'time, energy or funding' to take him to the highest court in the land

MADELEINE McCann’s parents have failed in their latest battle to silence an ex-Portuguese cop over claims they faked their daughter’s kidnapping to cover up her death.

Pals of Kate and Gerry have said Goncalo Amaral “has won once and for all” because they don’t have the “time, energy or funding” to take him to the highest court in the land.

The parents have still taken no action to challenge the former cop in the highest court in the land despite vowing three months ago to continue the fight after a “terrible” ruling against them.

Mr Amaral claimed in a TV documentary and his bestselling 2008 book that the parents had killed Maddie and faked her kidnapping after she vanished in Praia da Luz in 2007 – but there is no truth in the claims.

A source close to the couple believe the lack of action by Maddie’s parents and their legal team indicates “the end of the road” in a bitter eight year fight against their tormentor.

The family pal said: “Realistically a European Court appeal was never going to succeed plus it would be too expensive to launch. It seems Mr Amaral, regrettably, has won once and for all. The fight is finally over.

“It means he can continue to spout his malicious lies about Kate and Gerry being involved in a cover up of their daughter’s death, which is almost laughable if it wasn’t so hurtful and damaging in the hunt for Madeleine.

“Kate and Gerry have always said they’ll keep no stone unturned in the global search and that’s what they want to concentrate on. I don’t think they have the time, energy or funding to lodge yet another appeal.”

The McCanns from Rothley, Leics, were left angry and disappointed after Portugal’s top court threw out their libel claim against Mr Amaral at the end of January.

The long-suffering couple pledged to take him to the European Court of Human Rights but have failed to do so.

Ex GP Kate, who has recently taken up a new medical job, said in an interview to mark the milestone 10th anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance in May that Mr Amaral’s poisonous words had been “very upsetting and incomprehensible.”

A trio of Supreme Court judges ruled that Mr Amaral’s claims in his book were protected by freedom of expression laws and also that the McCanns’ were not “formally in the clear” over Maddie’s disappearance.

The Policia Judiciaria inspector led the initial bungled hunt for Maddie but was later pulled off the case after criticising British police assistance.

In his once banned book “The Truth of the Lie”, he claimed Maddie accidentally died in an accident at the holiday flat or by being given an overdose of sedatives.

Maddie’s parents fiercely denied his allegations and accused described Mr Amaral as a self obsessed, manipulative money-grabber.

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal’s Praia da Luz in May 2007 while her parents were dining in a nearby tapas bar with pals.

Speaking ahead of the tenth anniversary in May, defiant Kate said her hope of finding missing daughter Madeleine alive will never fade – as she vowed to still buy her a present for her 14th birthday.

Kate and Gerry’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell today declined to comment on their failure to challenge Mr Amaral in the European Court, saying: “Anything on the legal side is up to their Portuguese lawyer to comment on.”

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 11 Jul 2017, 9:09 pm

I remember when Andrew would have been first with this link.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 9:14 pm

I suspect Kate and Gerry's lawyer must have told them they didn't have a hope in hell going to the Human Rights court and it would be a waste of time and effort to be turned down yet again. So they opted for the less damaging (and self-proclaimed) headlines that they didn't have the energy or the money to pursue it - rather than have the headlines written for them, which would only serve to highlight another defeat and reinforce the fact that they hadn't been cleared by the Portuguese police.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 11 Jul 2017, 9:37 pm

So now we wait for the explosive and shocking twist exclusive?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 11 Jul 2017, 10:49 pm

Tracey Kandola wrote:A trio of Supreme Court judges ruled that Mr Amaral’s claims in his book were protected by freedom of expression laws and also that the McCanns’ were not “formally in the clear” over Maddie’s disappearance.
Yep. That just about sums it up for me
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 11 Jul 2017, 10:57 pm

"Mr Amaral claimed in a TV documentary and his bestselling 2008 book that the parents had killed Maddie "

Well that`s an out and out lie for starters.

I hope GA sues her.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:17 pm

Will mR amaral ,ever get the money the macs are supposed to give him ? Can he su for it ?joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:21 pm

joyce1938 wrote:Will mR amaral ,ever get the money the macs are supposed to give him ? Can he su for it ?joyce1938

Yes, they have quite an amount to fork out , so how will they pay it? If it does come from the fund, it will be interesting to see how the papers report it.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:21 pm

joyce1938 wrote:Will mR amaral ,ever get the money the macs are supposed to give him ? Can he su for it ?joyce1938

I would have thought it would automatically go to him Joyce - it was only delayed because they appealed after he won his case. His money has been tied up by them for years. And did he ever get his books back that they requisitioned in lieu of suing him ?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudo Nym Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm

Mimi wrote:"Mr Amaral claimed in a TV documentary and his bestselling 2008 book that the parents had killed Maddie "

Well that`s an out and out lie for starters.

I hope GA sues her.

If Snr. Amaral feels up to more court cases, I'd love to see him take a great number of the tabloids to court; they've behaved disgracefully toward him. I particularly like this blog from Winnower that, using the Carvi Seafood Restaurant story as it's focus, illustrates how the press made exaggeration upon exaggeration, in order to smear him:

http://newsoutlines.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/carvi-seafood-restaurant-scandal.html
Pseudo Nym
Pseudo Nym

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyH Wed 12 Jul 2017, 12:08 am

This year or next. The political will to get it sorted will be sorted.

John

JohnnyH

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 12 Jul 2017, 8:01 am

I must admit to thinking that this will be another case - like that of the Profumo affair and the Krays and Lord Boothby (see separate topic) - where the truth doesn't come out until after all those involved have died.

Most of us won't be here then either!

It is good though to see that the McCanns have done the right thing for once and abandoned their fight to get revenge - sorry, I mean justice of course.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 12 Jul 2017, 8:05 am

The most baffling thing really is how the original trial found in favour of the McCanns. That poor decision ultimately just prolonged the misery for all concerned, as well as driving up costs.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 12 Jul 2017, 8:16 am

Pseudo Nym wrote:

If Snr. Amaral feels up to more court cases, I'd love to see him take a great number of the tabloids to court; they've behaved disgracefully toward him. I particularly like this blog from Winnower that, using the Carvi Seafood Restaurant story as it's focus, illustrates how the press made exaggeration upon exaggeration, in order to smear him:

http://newsoutlines.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/carvi-seafood-restaurant-scandal.html

Doubtless they were just following orders.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 12 Jul 2017, 8:24 am

I'm sure they were.

They had of course started to print doubts about the official version of events and we know what happened next!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 12 Jul 2017, 9:09 am

I notice that this information didn't come from a "friend of the McCanns" but from "pals of the parents".

Does this mean that Clarence is distancing himself?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 12 Jul 2017, 9:59 am

Surely the only difference with the wording is that "pals of the parents" is more suited to the reading and intelligence levels of readers of The Sun.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 12 Jul 2017, 1:25 pm

Giving the various players specific titles, such as Clarence is "a friend" and I suspect that Kate or Gerry are "a source close to", obscures the origins of the quotes from the casual reader but makes it easy for journalists to know who said what.

I've never seen "a pal" before. Maybe it's just a change of style, maybe "a pal" is Tracey herself or maybe I'm reading to much into it because it leapt out to me as an odd change of wording. Who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Thu 20 Jul 2017, 9:05 am

"A pal believes that".

So, a friend of the McCann believes that their inaction so far means that they are not going to do anything, and that is news?

They have not said that, not even to the "pal", the "pal" thinks that.

How did that get to be newsworthy?
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

'IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD'  Empty Re:IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD.

Post  costello Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:33 pm

Not really sure about this thread to be honest. However I do believe we are on the road to nowhere here. I think I have mentioned my thoughts re-social media being a thorn in the 'Establishment's flesh' What on earth Andrew was or has been up to on twitter as of late is well beyond my realms of intelligence,anyone? not making any connections here,but who really knows.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 09 Sep 2017, 10:00 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 09 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

So the "pal's" story in July about giving up was complete garbage. The McCanns made their appeal to the ECHR then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4867872/Netflix-making-eight-Madeleine-McCann-documentary.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down