MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

+23
Crackfox
Winslow Boy
unreorganised
AndyB
Rob Royston
Poe
TheTruthWillOut
Mo
Châtelaine
Heisenburg
Bampots
joyce1938
Tangled Web
espeland
Freedom
Helenmeg
Mimi
chrissie
PMR
dogs don't lie
froggy
poster
candyfloss
27 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

*UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard  ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case Empty *UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  candyfloss Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:43 pm

Well this tells me this is a bona fide investigation, no way would they keep asking for more money...

Martin Brunt‏Verified account @skymartinbrunt · 37m  

#Madeleine Scot Yard to ask Home Office for more funds to carry on its £11m investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 26 Mar 2018, 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard  ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case Empty Re: *UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  poster Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:48 pm

But why do they need any more? They must know what happened and probably did from quite early on....they must know by now. Portuguese police cracked some of it, imo, and the Met would have cracked the rest.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard  ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case Empty Re: *UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  froggy Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:48 pm

Alternatively they haven't got an exit strategy and have to keep going.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:50 pm

affraid
They must be investigating something worthwhile.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

froggy wrote:Alternatively they haven't got an exit strategy and have to keep going.

Froggy, do you honestly believe, with all that is happening all the cuts, and all the terrorist attacks that they would be throwing money at this for no reason, I know I don't - this could have been finished ages ago, but they continue, and there must be very good reasons surely.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:03 pm

I would like to think so, but I'm not convinced
Rowley's comment that they hadn't investigated the McCanns suggests to me that this is not a serious investigation and that it is dragging on simply because they can't find a easy way to wind it up.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

I'm with Candy
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:16 pm

We'll be here this time next year saying much the same thing.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:19 pm

As long they get to the truth they should take as long as they need.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:27 pm

What if they never get there for steadfastly looking in the wrong direction ? Will it have been worth the time and effort?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:44 pm

candyfloss wrote:
froggy wrote:Alternatively they haven't got an exit strategy and have to keep going.

Froggy, do you honestly believe, with all that is happening all the cuts, and all the terrorist attacks that they would be throwing money at this for no reason, I know I don't - this could have been finished ages ago, but they continue, and there must be very good reasons surely.

They must know what happened though....so is this about finding an exit strategy....or what?

The McCanns have little or no public support...that is evident. So why should public money continue to be used in a case that probably could have been cracked in a few days or at least weeks or months?

ETA: This case could have been cracked years ago - look at those stupid press conferences (Some words deleted)....I have no confidence in the police with regards to this case at all. I wish I did. And it really annoys me that public money has been utterly squandered, imo.

But there you go....

Last edited by poster on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:48 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:affraid
My thoughts too ddl !
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:49 pm

froggy wrote:What if they never get there for steadfastly looking in the wrong direction ? Will it have been worth the time and effort?

But who knows where they're looking, and if they get the truth, then yes it would be worth it imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:56 pm

poster wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Well this tells me this is a bona fide investigation, no way would they keep asking for more money...

#Madeleine Scot Yard to ask Home Office for more funds to carry on its £11m investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

But why do they need any more? They must know what happened and probably did from quite early on....they must know by now. Portuguese police cracked some of it, imo, and the Met would have cracked the rest.

I can only think they are spreading their net far wider than the McCanns - they may just be the tip of the iceberg.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:11 pm

chrissie wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:affraid
My thoughts too ddl !

Hopefully not a few socks and a bone....I think that was what the last investigation came up with....
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:33 pm

Hunt for Madeleine McCann needs more cash to continue

Earlier this year Scotland Yard said detectives were still following a critical lead 10 years after Madeleine disappeared.

More on link....
http://news.sky.com/story/hunt-for-madeleine-mccann-needs-more-cash-to-continue-10999676

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:43 pm

candyfloss wrote:Well this tells me this is a bona fide investigation, no way would they keep asking for more money...

I hope so too! I agree ... Very Happy
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:05 pm

Maybe it is far more wide ranging than just the McCanns - were they and their daughter just one piece of a larger puzzle?

"A source said: "We will be asking for more money because we need to complete the work we are doing. It is complicated and not as straightforward as we had hoped, but it is worth doing."

"Home Office said "The level of funding provided is a reflection of the wide-ranging and complex nature of the investigation which the police have deemed necessary to undertake," a spokesperson said."

http://news.sky.com/story/hunt-for-madeleine-mccann-needs-more-cash-to-continue-10999676

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:20 am

I think they are probably waiting for the results of a different investigation which may impact the results of this investigation. Possibly they are also waiting for someone to either die or resign from their current position, which would allow them to open up doors which were previously locked or unavailable. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:08 am

This is Sonia Poulton's comment on Facebook about the story. It's hearsay I know but that's interesting about the serving officers.

Scotland Yard want more money to continue the search for Madeleine McCann...but serving cops - at least four of them - have told me that within the ranks it's considered 'one of the biggest cover ups in British history'.
That partly explains why Metropolitan Police officers contributed to the fund of Goncalo Amaral - the Portuguese ex-cop who led the hunt for Madeleine and whose life was shattered after he wrote and broadcast about it (he won the case, incidentally, for those who don't know).
I've been told that ministers will agree to the demands for more money. We shall see.
Still, what's £11m PLUS for one search if it means it can stall any potentially explosive media explorations into the story that cannot be aired while a live investigation is ongoing?
It's a drop in the ocean to all the people who are deeply invested in ensuring that only the theory of abduction is pursued.
To be clear: I'm not making any accusations against anyone but I am saying that this is a case that is most definitely not what it appears to be.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:40 am

Thanks Freedom.

Interesting this line from Sonia..

Still, what's £11m PLUS for one search if it means it can stall any potentially explosive media explorations into the story that cannot be aired while a live investigation is ongoing?

I presume she means her documentary is being stopped from airing.  Well, isn't that as it should be if a live investigation is ongoing, how can you possible air 'potentially explosive media explorations' without prejudicing a case?

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:44 am

I think that she is suggesting that the investigation is being allowed to continue (assuming that it will be) solely to stop explosive stories in the media?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:53 am

Freedom wrote:I think that she is suggesting that the investigation is being allowed to continue (assuming that it will be) solely to stop explosive stories in the media?

Yes that is what I am meaning and that of course includes documentaries..

The questions of course would be, what explosive stories have they got? Shocked And let me get this right, SY and the Government are throwing money at this investigation like confetti to stop this Question

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:15 pm

That's interesting. So the police investigation continues which means that potentially explosive media explorations cannot be aired?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:15 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Freedom wrote:I think that she is suggesting that the investigation is being allowed to continue (assuming that it will be) solely to stop explosive stories in the media?

Yes that is what I am meaning and that of course includes documentaries..

The questions of course would be, what explosive stories have they got? Shocked And let me get this right, SY and the Government are throwing money at this investigation like confetti to stop this Question

Nothing would surprise me about this case.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next