MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case

+7
costello
Freedom
Andrew
Poe
Châtelaine
Mimi
Lioned
11 posters

Go down

Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case Empty Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case

Post  Lioned Wed 05 Nov 2014, 11:03 pm

Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case Empty Re: Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case

Post  Lioned Wed 05 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm

Whatever way you look at it that is still an incredible number of detectives working on the case,also i think the costs are more like £10 mill reading other articles as they may not yet have included 2014/15 costs.

Personally i am at a loss to understand what all those detectives and staff are doing with their time bearing in mind the restrictions they have on working in Portugal.
They originally were limited to reading the pj files and a few seem to be making regular trips now to PT.
Can't imagine what the rest are doing,but maybe someone with a little more police knowledge will enlighten me.
Now if they are investigating the fund that would keep a fair few busy but thats speculation.

Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case Empty Re: Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case

Post  Mimi Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:08 am

So 6 detectives are being replaced with 6 civilian staff.

So that must mean there is less detecting to do now.

What do civilian staff do in the police force ?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 06 Nov 2014, 5:42 am

External forensic experts?
Just guessing.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:02 am

You need more police officers to investigate a crime than you need to make arrests.

So, fingers crossed.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:07 am

You need a bucket of salt with what ever the Mirror says anyway.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:12 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case Empty Re:Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case..

Post  costello Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:20 am

My friend worked as a civilian in the police force, I believe the only difference is a police officer is actually sworn into the police force. Although my friend worked in the Drug section, civilian officers are employed in all departments of the police force.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:20 am

If true - then I see it as a positive that they have started to scale down and reduce the team.

'job done lads'

'We've got it watertight now'
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:56 am

Nicked from twitter:

DNA Clears Crucial Suspect In Maddie Case
DNA clears crucial suspect in Maddie case
by Marisa Rodrigues

Euclides, already deceased, was the reason for the reopening of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The investigation line that had Euclides Monteiro as a suspect, which led to the reopening of the “Madeleine McCann case” has fallen down. The Polícia Judiciária (PJ) bet strongly on [the thesis of] abduction at the hands of a sexual predator that attacked British children in the Algarve. But DNA tests dismiss the participation of the already deceased man.

At the location of one of the alleged sexual abuses, a sample of semen was collected, which the PJ already knows does not belong to the former Ocean Club worker. Euclides’ DNA also wasn’t found in the apartment in Praia da Luz where the child disappeared from, seven years ago.

The sexual predator thesis started to be drawn out when the PJ inspectors collected five cases of alleged abuse involving British children on holidays in the Algarve between 2004 and 2006, one year before the disappearance. Euclides matched the description that was given by some of the victims and had already been imprisoned over theft, employing the same method of home intrusion – without a break-in. Furthermore, he worked at the Ocean Club, and on the day of the disappearance, he used his phone in that area. He was the man who matched the suspect’s profile. Convinced that the identification of cases with the same “modus operandi” allowed to admit the possibility that they had been performed by the same person and that this person could be related Madeleine’s disappearance, the PJ requested the reopening of the case, in 2013.

The investigators knew that, in one of the cases of alleged sexual abuse, there was a sample of semen. They compared it with a biological sample that had been collected from Euclides, which was in possession of the National Institute for Legal Medicine. The man, we recall, died a victim of an accident with a tractor, in 2009, and he was subject to an autopsy, as determined by law. The tests set Euclides apart from the abuse and from the Ocean Club apartment. The investigation remains open, in the hands of the PJ in Oporto, without any further known developments.

The Polícia Judiciária will question approximately tem persons at Scotland Yard’s request, within the British investigation. The list includes former Ocean Club workers. All of these persons are being summoned for the first time, some as witnesses and others will be made arguidos, adding to the four suspects that were already questioned in July. The diligences are to be concluded by the end of the current month.

photo caption: Paula, Euclides’ sister, always claimed his innocence

in: Jornal de Notícias, 06.11.2014, paper edition/e-paper
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:49 am

costello wrote:My friend worked as a civilian in the police force, I believe the only difference is a police officer is actually sworn into the police force. Although my friend worked in the Drug section, civilian officers are employed in all departments of the police force.

Mine too, isn't their job mainly shuffling papers?!

Hers was to get case papers ready and organised for the next step forward in prosecuting a case.

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:01 am

There are lots of jobs in policing that you don't need a warranted officer to do, indeed some that civilians can do better, I would see this as a sign , hopefully positive that things are moving towards a conclusion
I have to say it does make me laugh when people say OG haven't investigated this ,,haven't investigated that don't suspect these, people don't suspect those people. Apart from OG itself and a few close people ,none of us actually KNOW what they are doing
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case Empty Scotland Yard cut back on maddie case..

Post  costello Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:08 am

@ dawnie_c

My friend worked with surveillance cameras in the Drug squad, but I am sure there are many  jobs the civilians do.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:11 am

dawnie_c wrote:
costello wrote:My friend worked as a civilian in the police force, I believe the only difference is a police officer is actually sworn into the police force. Although my friend worked in the Drug section, civilian officers are employed in all departments of the police force.

Mine too, isn't their job mainly shuffling papers?!

Hers was to get case papers ready and organised for the next step forward in prosecuting a case.

Well if that`s the case here - we might have reason to be optimistic. Smile
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:26 am

I personally think there is a lot to be optimistic about. However its a matter of patience, there's probably still mountains to be done before it reaches the final stages, including the obvious interviews with certain people.

Common sense tells you this is not a cover up. No way!

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard cut back on Maddie case Empty Re:Scotland Yard cut back on maddie case..

Post  costello Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:30 am

@dawnie_c

I totally agree.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:40 pm

costello wrote:@ dawnie_c

My friend worked with surveillance cameras in the Drug squad, but I am sure there are many  jobs the civilians do.

My b in law was a fingerprint expert assigned to and working out of Fettes (Scottish Police HQ) and he was a civilian.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Sat 08 Nov 2014, 2:22 pm

It would be nice to think we were moving to a place where almost all other scenarios were ruled out leaving one giant sore thumb sticking out...
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  paracetamol Mon 10 Nov 2014, 12:28 am

I hope this means that they are at the end of the story.Less detectives are necessary. who knows they are already ready. Very Happy
paracetamol
paracetamol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum