MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry McCann has been handed a major grant to expand his research into heart failure.

Go down

Gerry McCann has been handed a major grant to expand his research into heart failure. Empty Gerry McCann has been handed a major grant to expand his research into heart failure.

Post  candyfloss Thu 09 Aug 2018, 2:03 pm

Posted at 11:41 8 Aug

Gerry McCann awarded £1.95m heart research grant

Gavin Bevis
BBC News
Gerry McCann has been handed a major grant to expand his research into heart failure.
Mr McCann, a well-known face following the high profile investigation into the disappearance of his daughter Madeleine, works as a cardiology consultant in Leicester and a professor of cardiac imaging at the University of Leicester.
The £1.95m research professorship from the National Institute for Health Research will allow Mr McCann and his team to spend five years investigating early signs of heart failure in patients with type 2 diabetes.
He was just one of five researchers in the country to receive the award in the latest round of bidding - and this is the first time it's been given to someone from Leicester.Reuters
He said: "It allows me to concentrate more-or-less full-time on clinical research.
"I'll be spending a large component of my time developing the next generation of young researchers - hopefully attracting the best and brightest, and retaining those we have already to stay in Leicester and work for the benefit of the community here."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-leicestershire-45110762

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down