MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity

2 posters

Go down

Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity Empty Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity

Post  candyfloss Wed 24 Oct 2018, 11:25 am

Hmm so a top businessman hushing up the press again with an injunction...……

Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity

UK businessman used non-disclosure agreements to pay off alleged victims 
[*]He paid them off and gagged the press with an injunction banning reporting 
[*]Report will reignite the #MeToo debate started in US with Harvey Weinstein

A leading British businessman has been granted an injunction preventing the revelation of alleged sexual harassment and racial abuse of staff.
It is claimed the executive, who cannot be named, used controversial non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to pay off his alleged victims with 'substantial sums'.
But yesterday, The Daily Telegraph was prevented from revealing details by senior judge Sir Terence Etherton, and two other appeal judges.

More on link...………

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6309617/British-MeToo-businessman-gets-injunction-gag-press-sexual-harassment-racism-claims.html

So is this right or wrong.  Should we be told, or not until he is charge if he ever is that is.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity Empty Re: Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity

Post  Freedom Wed 24 Oct 2018, 11:56 am

I'll read up on this - when I can get the link to open.

I certainly don't think that people should be named in sexual abuse allegations until or unless they are convicted.

P.S. I see that the M P Jess Phillips may name the person in the Commons which doesn't surprise me at all as I know from my son that she is a rabid man-hating feminist.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity Empty Re: Top British businessman 'racially abused and sexually harassed staff in new MeToo scandal' – then gagged the press from revealing his identity

Post  Freedom Wed 24 Oct 2018, 10:44 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:45 pm

Well, well, it is our friend Sir Phillip Green....

Sir Philip Green named in Parliament as businessman at centre of Britain's #MeToo scandal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/25/sir-philip-green-named-parliament-businessman-centre-britains/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 25 Oct 2018, 3:48 pm

Here again if you can't access the Guardian...………

Sir Philip Green named over harassment claims

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45981436

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 25 Oct 2018, 4:18 pm

So that answers the question as to whether the media can report on issues which were subject to legal injunctions.

I am trying to be fair now that I know who the person is! I still think that people who haven't been convicted of any offences of this nature shouldn't be named.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 25 Oct 2018, 4:45 pm

Freedom wrote:So that answers the question as to whether the media can report on issues which were subject to legal injunctions.

I am trying to be fair now that I know who the person is! I still think that people who haven't been convicted of any offences of this nature shouldn't be named.
I tend to agree mostly, but, and it is a big BUT, if the people didn't go public and accuse these people (and as we know most of them have the money to hush things up) and they weren't named, then as we know things get hushed up and buried and if there have been crimes they don't face charges.    I don't know anything about this case as yet, and am not specifically talking about that but in general terms,  but we know money does talk and many people get paid off for keep their mouths shut.  So really I suppose people do have to blow the whistle sometimes.  I am sure we can all name many cases where it has happened.

The thing is if it was you or I then we would get done good and proper, but as we know there is always a law for the rich and one for the poor.

I think I may be waffling again.. Smile

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 27 Oct 2018, 3:11 am

.......and sometimes a law for the not particularly rich but who have influence in high places, if you know what I mean!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 28 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6324485/Philip-Green-finally-breaks-silence-allegations-racism-sexual-harassment.html

If it's true that he has paid people off to stop them complaining about him, it sounds a lot more than just banter.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum