MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter news

+45
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
froggy
rosebuddy
Bampots
niklasericson
Helenmeg
Guinea Pig
Tangled Web
Rosa canina
joyce1938
espeland
LeoMcSick
Mimi
Benevolent
chirpyinsect
unreorganised
AndyB
bluebell
costello
Hope
Satsuma
pennylane
Walt
Burst
Magnum
PMR
myositis
kylie
Mo
Admin
Bubblewrapped
Inca
TheTruthWillOut
PeterMac
chrissie
Châtelaine
Poe
dogs don't lie
End
Thetruth
paracetamol
Poppy
hesla
Andrew
49 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Twitter news - Page 12 Empty Re: Twitter news

Post  AndyB Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:16 pm

Later on they appeared to tacitly admit that it was made up:

I have deleted it AndyB that is why I gave just the link so people could look as it is speculation so best to be safe.  People can look at the link
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:25 pm

Can't seem to find the denial tweet, AndyB. Can you tell me what time it was posted?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:31 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Can't seem to find the denial tweet, AndyB. Can you tell me what time it was posted?

This one I think Dee Coy, although not a denial I don't think if you look at all the others in context, they were all about 6 hours ago...

Annienonymous2 ‏@annienonymouss · 6h6 hours ago
@malcolmclarke82 wait & see if any denials are forthcoming ...you have to bait the hook to catch a fish Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:33 pm

Reading that Tweet about being re-interviewed under caution....

I don't know if it is law or a matter of public record, but wouldn't this have been announced to the media for publication? Even when politicians/celebrities have been arrested the Police announce they are questioning a XX year old male/female. The only way I can see it being kept secret is if they were being conducted under Portuguese secrecy laws.

Assuming this is true, of course.

@Walt.

I don't think there is anything in that FOI that makes me think it is being wound down/coming to a conclusion (it would be nice get it over with though!). The original ~37 staff included civilian staff IIRC? 18 detectives is probably close-ish to what they've always had? Maybe someone remembers more details from previous years. At the end of the day even if it was 37 and is now 18, this case only needs one good honest detective to solve it.

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:40 pm

I remember a similar tweet bout 8weeks ago saying that the tapas7 had been reinterviewed under caution too?

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:45 pm

AndyB wrote:Later on they appeared to tacitly admit that it was made up:

I have deleted it AndyB that is why I gave just the link so people could look as it is speculation so best to be safe.  People can look at the link
I really don't understand why you did that. You're happy to have the original allegation and the response here as quoted text but don't want an image of them. What's the difference?
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:47 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:Can't seem to find the denial tweet, AndyB. Can you tell me what time it was posted?

This one I think Dee Coy, although not a denial I don't think if you look at all the others in context, they were all about 6 hours ago...

Annienonymous2 ‏@annienonymouss  · 6h6 hours ago  
@malcolmclarke82 wait & see if any denials are forthcoming ...you have to bait the hook to catch a fish Smile

Thanks Candyfloss. Hmm, quite ambiguous. Note the Tweeter also says the interview took place within the last 4 months. Maybe s/he means baiting the hook by retweeting what was posted a couple of months ago?

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:55 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Thanks Candyfloss.  Hmm, quite ambiguous.  Note the Tweeter also says the interview took place within the last 4 months. Maybe s/he means baiting the hook by retweeting what was posted a couple of months ago?
I'm taking it to mean that they've made the unfounded allegation with the intention of claiming a lack of a denial is proof that its true. The hook being bated is the allegation and the fish is the denial. The full conversation after the allegation is this
Twitter wrote:
MalcolmClarke ‏@malcolmclarke82 7h7 hours ago
@annienonymouss Didn't know that.

Annienonymous2 ‏@annienonymouss 7h7 hours ago

I'm reading that last comment as "You didn't know it because I just made it up but wait & see if any denials are forthcoming
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:00 pm

AndyB wrote:
AndyB wrote:Later on they appeared to tacitly admit that it was made up:

I really don't understand why you did that. You're happy to have the original allegation and the response here as quoted text but don't want an image of them. What's the difference?

Sorry have I missed the quoted text?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:01 pm

I did miss it because of the distraction elsewhere. Deleted now.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:04 pm

AndyB wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Thanks Candyfloss.  Hmm, quite ambiguous.  Note the Tweeter also says the interview took place within the last 4 months. Maybe s/he means baiting the hook by retweeting what was posted a couple of months ago?
I'm taking it to mean that they've made the unfounded allegation with the intention of claiming a lack of a denial is proof that its true. The hook being bated is the allegation and the fish is the denial. The full conversation after the allegation is this
Twitter wrote:
MalcolmClarke ‏@malcolmclarke82 7h7 hours ago
@annienonymouss Didn't know that.

Annienonymous2 ‏@annienonymouss 7h7 hours ago

I'm reading that last comment as "You didn't know it because I just made it up but wait & see if any denials are forthcoming

Thanks, AndyB.

As usual we'll have to wait and see. I'll keep swinging on my pessimism/hope pendulum, although it does tend to spend more time in the 'pessimism' part of the arc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:45 pm

bluebell wrote:
Andrew wrote:There was some chat on Twitter, that the Mc's have been interviewed under caution. Was a couple of hours ago. Cant paste it over as using crappy other phone again.

Could be rubbish though of course.

What does "under caution" mean please?    More than 'helping police with their enquiries'  I imagine ?

Some information about being interviewed under caution.

http://www.irwinmitchell.com/personal/crime-and-investigations/crime/arrest-police-station-advice
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm

Do you have to be arrested to be cautioned, or can you be interviewed under caution without being arrested?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:57 pm

That's what I understand from the link.

I think that Rolf Harris was interviewed under caution without being arrested.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:58 pm

Thank you. From your link:

The police have the power to arrest anyone suspected of certain kinds of criminal acts. They will then normally interview that suspect under caution. If a suspect is not arrested, they can still agree to be interviewed under caution by the police or certain other investigators (e.g. for financial crimes).

e.g., for financial crimes...

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Tue 20 Oct 2015, 8:48 am

The caution is the classic of police programmes
'You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not now mention something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence".
Basically saying that if, when you are interviewed you say I can't remember what I was doing on 3rd May when I'm accused of shoplifting , then when you get to court say ' It can't have been me I was in Portugal ' it looks a bit dodgy
You don't have to be arrested to have a caution interview , if you are arrested you will be interviewed under caution. In fact you should be cautioned when you are arrested the exception being if you are unable to understand the caution at that time ie in drink , but you must be cautioned ASAP
The US equivalent is the Miranda , also often heard in TV shows
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 20 Oct 2015, 8:53 am

Another link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1541359/What-it-means-when-you-are-quizzed-by-police.html

The expression is also used with DSS investigations into cases of alleged fraud.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:12 am

Isabelle McFabulous ‏@QUEENdePORTUGAL  · 2 mins2 minutes ago  
Ministerio Publico had 6 phones of P.Minister Socrates under Surveillance. Wonder which used 4 #GordonBrown #McCann

Twitter news - Page 12 CRvvM0_UYAArzD7

JillyCL ‏@JillyCL  · 14 mins14 minutes ago  

JillyCL Retweeted Isabelle McFabulous
Oh my word!  #McCann #Brown #Blair #Socrates

Isabelle McFabulous
‏@QUEENdePORTUGAL @JillyCL MP had six cellphones of Prime Minister Socrates under surveillance... It's going to get HOT on #mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 28 Oct 2015, 3:07 pm

Kay Burley ‏@KayBurley 11m11 minutes ago

BREAKING: Police search for Madeleine #mccann to be scaled back. Statement from parents attached

chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:50 pm

Saying the £100K fraud is dynamite Jon Tait then tweets this, wonder what that is about then? What book??

Lord Laffin @em ‏@veniviedivici  · 8m8 minutes ago  
@jontait42 it's all gone quiet on that, hasn't it ? #McCann

Jon Tait ‏@jontait42  · 4m4 minutes ago  
@veniviedivici Pre-emptive strike from #mccann to a certain book being published

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:06 pm

candyfloss wrote:Saying the £100K fraud is dynamite Jon Tait then tweets this, wonder what that is about then?   What book??

Lord Laffin @em ‏@veniviedivici  · 8m8 minutes ago  
@jontait42 it's all gone quiet on that, hasn't it ? #McCann

Jon Tait ‏@jontait42  · 4m4 minutes ago  
@veniviedivici Pre-emptive strike from #mccann to a certain book being published

He follows it with metodo3 bods.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:26 pm

Hmmm scratch

Annienonymous2 ‏@annienonymouss 8m8 minutes ago

You may have noticed today 2 separate pro accounts begrudgingly confirming that K&G  #mccann were recently reinterviewed under caution
0 retweets 1 favorite
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:03 pm

What's happened to the mccannfiles.com???????

Inez Shoota! ‏@CaroleShooter · 3m3 minutes ago
Oh dear >>>http://www.mccannfiles.com/ #mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:12 pm

Error 401.3 user access denied.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm still works

Very strange

Bampots

Back to top Go down