MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gordon Brown leaves politics: an innocent coincidence?

+10
margaret
Andrew
Helenmeg
hicks
nobodythereeither
Cristobell
chirpyinsect
Poe
costello
paracetamol
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gordon Brown leaves politics: an innocent coincidence? - Page 2 Empty Clarence Mitchell - former spokesman for McCanns?

Post  Dee Coy Thu 01 Jan 2015, 12:24 pm

Not sure where to put it and not sure if it's been mentioned before, but came across this today.  It's from a site detailing the profiles of the prospective Brighton candidates.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/brightonpavilion/comment-page-1/#comments

"CLARENCE MITCHELL (Conservative) Educated at Friern Barnet County School. Media strategy advisor, former spokesman for the McCann family and former BBC journalist."

Former spokesman?  I know there was gossip regarding Gamble taking on this particular mantle, but it was pure speculation.  If Mitchell has distanced himself, is his timing significant?

Last edited by Dee Coy on Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Gordon Brown leaves politics: an innocent coincidence? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gordon Brown leaves politics: an innocent coincidence?

Post  Guest Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

Interesting!  However there's no point in trying to distance himself now, there are some stains that even Pink can't shift.

Back to top Go down

Gordon Brown leaves politics: an innocent coincidence? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gordon Brown leaves politics: an innocent coincidence?

Post  Guest Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:08 pm

Hopefully he will be able to add former "prospective candidate" to his cv.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/clarence-mitchell/42/46b/587

His LinkedIn profile says that he is still the McCann spokesman.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

Freedom wrote:http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/clarence-mitchell/42/46b/587

His LinkedIn profile says that he is still the McCann spokesman.

7 yrs and 5 months,takes us to October,wasn't it around this time Gamble got noisy,summers and swan also.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:20 pm

I hadn't noticed that the length of time wasn't updated as with the other current positions.

Maybe he has said goodbye to the McCanns then.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  nobodythereeither Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

When he has been that close to the McCanns for so very long, I can't see how he can possibly distance himself or claim ignorance when everything comes out - as hopefully it may do in the nearish future.

Because nothing will actually have changed, will it? Assuming there are not massive new developments/new information which change existing theories completely, and it's very hard to see how that could happen.
nobodythereeither
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Thu 01 Jan 2015, 2:10 pm

nobodythereeither wrote:When he has been that close to the McCanns for so very long, I can't see how he can possibly distance himself or claim ignorance when everything comes out...

there's the thing. he can and if things go south, no doubt will. unless anything illegal can be proved on his part, he will claim he was just doing a job. most of you won't like or agree but i can't see it any other way.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 03 Jan 2015, 2:43 am

I agree with you on that. GB can always go into the EU or Scottish politics after this investigation is finished if his name isn't sullied too much. Not that I think it will be anyway.
margaret
margaret

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 03 Jan 2015, 7:25 am

margaret wrote:
Marky wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:When he has been that close to the McCanns for so very long, I can't see how he can possibly distance himself or claim ignorance when everything comes out...

there's the thing. he can and if things go south, no doubt will. unless anything illegal can be proved on his part, he will claim he was just doing a job. most of you won't like or agree but i can't see it any other way.

Very Happy

I think our Gordon will have plenty of things to keep him occupied after serving in Westminster. This was written before he retired.

Gordon Brown is the United Nations Special Envoy for Global Education and Member of Parliament for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath.

He is Chair of the Global Strategic Infrastructure Initiative of the World Economic Forum and also serves as Distinguished Global Leader in Residence of New York University. He is on the Board of Sir Tim Berners-Lee’s World Wide Web Foundation and is Patron of the Burma Campaign. He has recently completed a research project on globalisation and education at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.

He served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 2007 to 2010 and is widely credited with preventing a second Great Depression through his stewardship of the 2009 London G20 summit. He was one of the first leaders during the global crisis to initiate calls for global financial action, while introducing a range of rescue measures in the UK. In April 2009, he hosted the G20 Summit in London where world leaders committed to make an additional $1.1 trillion available to help the world economy through the crisis and restore credit, growth and jobs. They also pledged to strengthen financial supervision and regulation.

Previously, he served as Chancellor of the Exchequer from 1997 to 2007, making him the longest-serving Chancellor in modern history. During ten years at the Treasury, Gordon masterminded many of Labour’s proudest achievements including the Minimum Wage, Sure Start, the Winter Fuel Allowance, the Child Trust Fund, the Child Tax Credit and paid paternity leave. His record on global justice includes his negotiation of debt cancellation for the world’s poorest nations and the tripling of the budget for life-saving aid. His time as Chancellor was also marked by major reform of Britain’s monetary and fiscal policy as well as the sustained investment in health, education and overseas aid.

His role in government continued to shape his views on the importance of education as a fundamental right of every child in the world and the key to unlocking better health, greater social stability, more rights and opportunities for women and a higher standard of living. He is a passionate advocate for global action to ensure education for all and co-chairs a High Level Panel on Global Education with Graça Machel. In his role as UN Special Envoy for Global Education, he works closely with key partners to help galvanise support for the UN’s Global Initiative on Education, Education First, which aims to achieve quality, relevance, and inclusive education for every child.

Gordon is the author of several books including Beyond the Crash: Overcoming the First Crisis of Globalisation; My Scotland, Our Britain: A Future Worth Sharing and a forthcoming work 2025: Shaping a New Future.

Gordon has a PhD in History from the University of Edinburgh and spent his early career working as a lecturer. He was elected to Parliament in 1983 and continues to hold his seat. He is married to Sarah Brown, the Chair of the Global Business Coalition for Education, and the couple live in London and Fife,
- See more at: http://gordonandsarahbrown.com/gordon-brown/#sthash.WpZQixMt.dpuf

I agree with you on that. GB can always go into the EU or Scottish politics after this investigation is finished if his name isn't sullied too much. Not that I think it will be anyway.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  nobodythereeither Sat 03 Jan 2015, 10:55 am

margaret wrote: I agree with you on that. GB can always go into the EU or Scottish politics after this investigation is finished if his name isn't sullied too much. Not that I think it will be anyway.

I meant Clarence Mitchell, not Gordon Brown.

I doubt many people will remember, or care, what Gordon Brown's connection to this case was, if any.
nobodythereeither
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Sat 03 Jan 2015, 10:58 am

so did i. couple of posters have taken a wrong turn. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:20 pm

Apologies for not noting that you were referring to Clarrie not GB however the title of the thread is about Gordon Brown. I was responding to Margaret who spoke of GB`s future.
It is interesting to talk about the connection to this case as it is a bit whiffy that GB has retired at the "peak" of his political life and given his (depending on your stance) performance during the Scottish referendum, one would have thought he would be offered a pivotal role somewhere. Is it a mere coincidence that the man in charge in PT at the time of the disappearance of Madeleine who had dealings with the then Prime Minister of the UK and who was perhaps persuaded to have GA removed from the case is now awaiting trial? I shall be following the situation closely in case there is a link there. It would certainly explain a few things.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  paracetamol Sun 04 Jan 2015, 4:10 am

I wonder if a new rogatory letter is about to be sent to England, demanding Tapas 9's presence in Algarve. It would be wonderful. So many times I've hoped that the investigation was already that far and it wasn't.
It must be now. It got to be.
Murat has been already interrogated and I think that Tapas 9 are the last ones. Laughing
I hope for a new interview to Amaral.
paracetamol
paracetamol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 04 Jan 2015, 10:19 am

chirpyinsect wrote:Apologies for not noting that you were referring to Clarrie not GB however the title of the thread is about Gordon Brown. I was responding to Margaret who spoke of GB`s future.
It is interesting to talk about the connection to this case as it is a bit whiffy that GB has retired at the "peak" of his political life and given his (depending on your stance) performance during the Scottish referendum, one would have thought he would be offered a pivotal role somewhere. Is it a mere coincidence that the man in charge in PT at the time of the disappearance of Madeleine who had dealings with the then Prime Minister of the UK and who was perhaps persuaded to have GA removed from the case is now awaiting trial? I shall be following the situation closely in case there is a link there. It would certainly explain a few things.

It's my fault for posting the link that suggests Clarrie may have ended his McCann relationship on this thread, and I am sorry for the confusion.

I posted here because I didn't want to start a new thread based on such tenuous information which could be misleading and nowhere else seemed relevant. I chose this thread because - if Clarrie has quit - that is one more coincidential timing.

We have:

- Gordon Brown resigns from politics

- Jose Socrates is arrested

- Clarence Mitchell is now perhaps an ex-spokesman

- Mark Warner abandon the Ocean Club resort

- Redwood retires and a leading homicide expert takes the mantle

- Murat and other 'first hand' witnesses have been re-interviewed.

All of these things have seemingly happened around a month ago. Aything else significant?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Jan 2015, 10:53 am

The trial in Lisbon,where the Lawyer representing the McCanns and Madeleine? didn't turn up.

Back to top Go down

Gordon Brown leaves politics: an innocent coincidence? - Page 2 Empty COMARE

Post  poster Tue 04 Jul 2017, 1:24 pm

An old thread but an interesting one. I couldn't find a thread specifically about COMARE but the Gordon Brown links are most definitely there.

A lot of the links explained here:

ETA: So many coincidences!

Comare also reported to the government that the 'clusters' of childhood cancers around nuclear power stations was 'coincidental' .... something that has been contested by experts ... and parents, for years.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?cdForum=FxQ9BDPD12JT49&cdPage=73&cdThread=TxTLT9XFXOSLCW
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Thu 28 Feb 2019, 7:02 pm

Gerry McCann and COMARE get a mention in one of the comments.

He who pays the piper calls the tune, so they say.

http://www.drsallybaker.com/uncategorized/the-most-dangerous-man-in-the-world-part-i/
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2