MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007

+30
Jellybot
Guinea Pig
Stewie
Mo
Admin
End
Nuala
wjk
Bampots
dantezebu
Châtelaine
Poppy
Mimi
Dee Coy
TheTruthWillOut
bluebell
froggy
Bubblewrapped
PeterMac
Burst
AndyB
Freedom
Andrew
candyfloss
Poe
chirpyinsect
Popcorn
dogs don't lie
costello
Magnum
34 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007 - Page 8 Empty Re: CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007

Post  Bubblewrapped Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:45 am

The power to cover up history is the power to change it...
Bubblewrapped
Bubblewrapped

Back to top Go down

CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007 - Page 8 Empty Re: CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:45 am

froggy wrote:I have no technical knowledge, but thought that the dates of the pages didn't matter, it was the creation date of the 'envelope' containing them that was important.

That's correct.  Now there are claims that "the date is wrong".  Nobody has explained HOW the date has come to be "wrong" though.  And all these "explanations" have come from an "office manager", not an engineer or technical expert.  Draw your own conclusions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:46 am

Bubblewrapped wrote:The power to cover up history is the power to change it...

And I guess the power to predict history 6 months before it happens ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblewrapped Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:56 am

WLBTS wrote:
Bubblewrapped wrote:The power to cover up history is the power to change it...

And I guess the power to predict history 6 months before it happens ;-)

In this case...My answer is a very big YES Smile
Bubblewrapped
Bubblewrapped

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:56 am

WLBTS wrote:So the general feeling is that Jim Gamble can accurately predict news stories six months before they happen?
I just looked at the CEOP page for April (the home page) and I can't see anything about October. Where is everyone getting this from?
CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007 - Page 8 Captur11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:58 am

Resistor wrote:
WLBTS wrote:So the general feeling is that Jim Gamble can accurately predict news stories six months before they happen?
I just looked at the CEOP page for April (the home page) and I can't see anything about October.  Where is everyone getting this from?  
CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007 - Page 8 Captur11

They have removed the offending page now, along with the mccann page.  It was there before, I'm sure others can confirm that.  It was referred to from the first page of this thread, and I saw it with my own eyes, including the source.

ETA - you can still see the trace of it on the index (represented on the calendar page). There is an entry with the same timestamp as the mccann page (30 April 2007), but when you click on that now you are redirected to the closest page chronologically, which is the 12th May page. According to WBM the entries won't disappear from the index until they re-index.

Last edited by WLBTS on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:04 am

Yep. I saw it too
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:09 am

Surely, if the database can be altered for McCann CEOP pages, then ANY page can be altered, thereby invalidating the whole thing.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:12 am

Wouldn't there be a way to check if something had been altered, as with Dr Shipman falsifying his patients' medical histories?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:23 am

froggy wrote:Surely, if the database can be altered for McCann CEOP pages, then ANY page can be altered, thereby invalidating the whole thing.

How does altering a database because of bad data invalidate the whole thing? It improves integrity if anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:25 am

WLBTS wrote:
froggy wrote:Surely, if the database can be altered for McCann CEOP pages, then ANY page can be altered, thereby invalidating the whole thing.

How does altering a database because of bad data invalidate the whole thing?  It improves integrity if anything.

Because if this data can be altered, then any data can be altered and everything potentially becomes suspect. That is how I see it, anyway.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:33 am

Is the integrity of the whole archiving system not now in question given that court cases have used their info. etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:34 am

froggy wrote:
Because if this data can be altered, then any data can be altered and everything potentially  becomes suspect. That is how I see it, anyway.

Any data *can* be altered, it doesn't invalidate anything.

Take a look at OpenWayback's release notes, in particular the bug-fixes.  Software is almost never perfect.

https://github.com/iipc/openwayback/wiki/Release-notes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:39 am

Whilst not wishing to goad the debate it's strange that the last photo wasn't photoshopped and this webpage archive (both potentially huge evidence) are nothing to see it's all the technologies fault, according to some.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:40 am

WLBTS wrote:
froggy wrote:
Because if this data can be altered, then any data can be altered and everything potentially  becomes suspect. That is how I see it, anyway.

Any data *can* be altered, it doesn't invalidate anything.

Take a look at OpenWayback's release notes, in particular the bug-fixes.  Software is almost never perfect.

https://github.com/iipc/openwayback/wiki/Release-notes

I'll let others argue that point , as I don't feel technically competent to do so.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:40 am

Hongkong Phooey wrote:Is the integrity of the whole archiving system not now in question given that court cases have used their info. etc.

Yes, it does.

There have been many cases - usually involving patents and copyrights - where the ownership of some sort of intellectual property has been decided on the basis of Wayback being used as part of the evidence.

Now all it takes is some smart lawyer to come along and say, well wait a wee minute, the timestamps of the sites in question are not reliable; Wayback said so. So the whole judgement is flawed. It has relied on evidence that has now proved to be unstable. We want the case re-opened.

The implications of this are absolutely huge. I don't think the office manager of Wayback has a clue what he has done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:41 am

Hongkong Phooey wrote:Whilst not wishing to goad the debate it's strange that the last photo wasn't photoshopped and this webpage archive (both potentially huge evidence) are nothing to see it's all the technologies fault, according to some.

Well, you must be talking about me surely, as I've held that the last photo wasn't photoshopped and I seem to be a lone voice here.

And I'm not rising to it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:42 am

froggy wrote:
WLBTS wrote:

How does altering a database because of bad data invalidate the whole thing?  It improves integrity if anything.

That is correct, they have altered an audit trail, in my professional opinion that constitutes fraud.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:47 am

WLBTS wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:Whilst not wishing to goad the debate it's strange that the last photo wasn't photoshopped and this webpage archive (both potentially huge evidence) are nothing to see it's all the technologies fault, according to some.

Well, you must be talking about me surely, as I've held that the last photo wasn't photoshopped and I seem to be a lone voice here.

You are not the lone voice IIRC didn't PeterMac and TB have it checked out by independent experts and they came to the conclusion that is wasn't.... someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by candyfloss on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:49 am

IMO however which way you look at this, it's serious matter and carries quite some implications.
Whether the date was correct - which is an enormous impact on the McC case - or whether it was wrong - which has enormous impact on previous and future court cases, where it has been or will be used in evidence.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:50 am

PM and TB thought that only the date had been changed from 29th April to 3rd May.

I must admit that doesn't resolve all my queries surrounding this photo but that's another story.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:54 am

Considering their modus operandi surely having the correct date (the absolute key feature) is paramount, I see no bug fixes (as above) which state to fix wrong dates! Their reputation would be in tatters

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:57 am

candyfloss wrote:
WLBTS wrote:

You are not the lone voice IIRC didn't PeterMac and TB have it checked out by independent experts and they came to the conclusion that is wasn't.... someone please correct me if I am wrong.
That wasn't the point

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

Hongkong Phooey wrote:Considering their modus operandi surely having the correct date (the absolute key feature) is paramount, I see no bug fixes (as above) which state to fix wrong dates! Their reputation would be in tatters

It's in tatters either way now. Either they have deliberately altered an audit trail, or their evidence is unreliable. It will be interesting to see which it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  dantezebu Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:19 pm

WLBTS wrote:

I agree with you too on both the last photo and this, so definitely not a lone voice WLBTS.
Welcome back flower
dantezebu
dantezebu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next