MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Months to find Maddy - Daily Express

+13
Cristobell
Mimi
TheTruthWillOut
JJ
Châtelaine
PeterMac
costello
Andrew
dogs don't lie
Mo
Hellsbells
Walt
candyfloss
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

6 Months to find Maddy - Daily Express - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Months to find Maddy - Daily Express

Post  Châtelaine Sat 19 Sep 2015, 9:03 pm

I've read it as if the 2 million were awarded for the financial year 2015-2016 which is ending end of March 2016. And there are IMO clear indications, they'll continue to be supported after that time, if needed.
They're on to something ... and - IMO again - will get the chance to finish.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

6 Months to find Maddy - Daily Express - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Months to find Maddy - Daily Express

Post  Walt Sat 19 Sep 2015, 9:20 pm

Châtelaine wrote:I've read it as if the 2 million were awarded for the financial year 2015-2016 which is ending end of March 2016. And there are IMO clear indications, they'll continue to be supported after that time, if needed.
They're on to something ... and - IMO again - will get the chance to finish.

Thats how I read it,6 months is spin, by a spin master.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:40 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 20 Sep 2015, 11:59 am

I really do think that all this end in 6 months crap is coming from the media rather team M. The press have played along with SY/OG and not questioned their investigation as requested.

The media's patience has now run out, IMO.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 20 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:I really do think that all this end in 6 months crap is coming from the media rather team M. The press have played along with SY/OG and not questioned their investigation as requested.

The media's patience has now run out, IMO.

I think stories are still being planted in the MSM about the costs of Operation Grange in the hope that the pressure of public opinion will shut the investigation down. Realistically, the only people who will benefit from the case being closed without a result, are the perpetrators of the crime. Who can forget how ecstatic the parents were in 2008 when they gave the 'expresso' interview, following the case being shelved in Portugal and their release from arguido status.

Effectively, they were being told the police were no longer going to be looking for their missing daughter, but we saw joy where we should have seen devastation. For the McCanns, they could hope for would be the closing of the case. It will allow them to revitalise their Search campaign and return to what they do best - meeting VIPs and fundraising.

However, if any future campaign is to have any success, they NEED Scotland Yard to absolve them of all guilt. Operation Grange have not said or done anything thus far that will provide them with the marketing ploys they so desperately need. It is true to say that DCI Redwood stated 'neither the parents or any of their friends are suspects or persons of interest' - but seriously, what else could he say? If he had not uttered those words when the investigation began, the parents and their friends would have been subject to relentless media and public attention that would have made their lives intolerable. Even suspects have human rights.

Since issuing that statement, Scotland Yard have not provided or pointed the public towards any evidence that removes the suspicion from the parents. All the main protagonists are living what the rest of us would consider to be, a nightmare. Every individual is walking around with a huge cloud over their heads. During live investigations suspects are arrested, interrogated, and if they are innocent, they are free to go - they leave the police station with a huge sigh of relief and plans for a celebration. The McCanns and their friends had their celebratory moment in the summer of 2008 - see Expresso interview, they were off the hook. They could resume their fund raising.

Whilst the investigation is live the McCanns cannot, morally, ask the public for donations to their Fund - Scotland Yard is on the case, what more could they possibly want? The Fund has been stagnant for 4+ years, nothing coming in and huge amounts going out to lawyers, spin doctors and every other invisible employee paid for by the Fund in the 'search' for Maddie.

When the Portuguese Investigation was shelved, we saw what was possibly one of the finest examples of the way in which nitpicking lawyers abuse and distort both the English and Portuguese languages in order to change the entire meaning of the written word. I refer of course to the mealy mouthed final report of the Portuguese AG, and the misinterpretation of it by the 'I'll do anything for cash' lawyers and spin doctors on this side of the channel.

(continues on blog Smile )

Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Sun 20 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm

From the link by Andrew.

Over the course of more than a decade, the search for little Maddie has cost British taxpayers an estimated £10.1 million
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2431357/madeleine-mccann-search-to-end-in-six-months/#T3p3djYkic2B8iRt.99

A decade is now 8 yrs?
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 20 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

Just a note on the costs issue which definitely should be in question. Especially if it does end in no result.

Although £10+ million is a lot of money on one case, it isn't anything out of the norm for high profile cases. The April Jones case reportedly cost £8.5+ million in case that spanned eight months.

I'd imagine the Alice Gross and Becky Watts cases also are in the multi million bracket.

My opinion is that the cost should only become an issue if OG fails in solving the case (or it turns out to be a whitewash).
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 20 Sep 2015, 4:57 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Just a note on the costs issue which definitely should be in question. Especially if it does end in no result.

Although £10+ million is a lot of money on one case, it isn't anything out of the norm for high profile cases. The April Jones case reportedly cost £8.5+ million in case that spanned eight months.

I'd imagine the Alice Gross and Becky Watts cases also are in the multi million bracket.

My opinion is that the cost should only become an issue if OG fails in solving the case (or it turns out to be a whitewash).
Right. All this money-talk is spin and nonsense IMO
And don't think they will whitewash.
But but what do I know ;-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:19 pm

I never knew £8.5m was spent in 8mths for April Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 20 Sep 2015, 5:45 pm

Thanks for that Freedom. Forgot to add source. Embarassed
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Inca Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm

I didn't know this either, thank you Freedom and TTWO, puts things in perspective.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm

When you think they spent 95 million in all that hacking business as well, then OG doesn't sound a great deal after all this time.

I don't really give a monkeys how much they spend as long as they get results (and the right one).

A future trial will be extremely costly as well.

As mentioned a few days ago, it would be interesting to know how much the Portuguese side have spent on it all as well...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:14 pm

Does anyone know why the £10k+ in 8+yrs has people shouting about it then? Is it because they knew MB was responsible therefore he had to be brought to justice, when in Madeleine's case they'd no hard evidence of the culprits? Just a question.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:55 pm

Andrew wrote:When you think they spent 95 million in all that hacking business as well, then OG doesn't sound a great deal after all this time.

I don't really give a monkeys how much they spend as long as they get results (and the right one).

As mentioned a few days ago, it would be interesting to know how much the Portuguese side have spent on it all as well...

Money well spent though if it brings the genuinely guilty to justice.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 20 Sep 2015, 7:59 pm

froggy wrote:
Andrew wrote:When you think they spent 95 million in all that hacking business as well, then OG doesn't sound a great deal after all this time.

Money well spent though if it brings the genuinely guilty to justice.
I agree froggy, and whoever that may be  as long as they have the proof and evidence I will accept their findings ........  we need to know what happened to little Madeleine.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 20 Sep 2015, 8:20 pm

Yes, absolutely.

Fully agree with all that too.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Inca Sun 20 Sep 2015, 8:22 pm

And me.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:07 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Does anyone know why the £10k+ in 8+yrs has people shouting about it then? Is it because they knew MB was responsible therefore he had to be brought to justice, when in Madeleine's case they'd no hard evidence of the culprits? Just a question.

I think the cost is a tool they are using as leverage to get OG shut down. As the latter posts have proved the OG costs are similar to other investigations what other reason could there be?

The real question is - who are "they"? The McCanns? The media? The police themselves? The government? Or all of the above?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:56 pm

'they' are Team McCann who (imo) are absolutely desperate to get the Investigation (murder), shut down.

Desperately feeding rubbish to the Media (spokesperson / source), to try and persuade general opinion that's what should be done.

The Media going along with it all (game playing), until the shackles are off.

Imo etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:03 pm

But as well as the £12m the McCann circus has cost the UK taxpayer, you have to add on what the Portuguese have spent, as well. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:Does anyone know why the £10M+ in 8+yrs has people shouting about it then? Is it because they knew MB was responsible therefore he had to be brought to justice, when in Madeleine's case they'd no hard evidence of the culprits? Just a question.

I think the cost is a tool they are using as leverage to get OG shut down. As the latter posts have proved the OG costs are similar to other investigations what other reason could there be?

The real question is - who are "they"? The McCanns? The media? The police themselves? The government? Or all of the above?

That's what I can't understand though, how is it possible for, say this ex policeman (John?) to complain about the cost of Madeleine's investigation when April Jones' cost £8.5m in eight months? Should it not be the other way round? as in 8yrs/10m no wait, when did it go from review to actual investigation? Or is the review included?

Last edited by dogs don't lie on Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:19 pm

Millions, ddl.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Millions, ddl.

Whoops!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 20 Sep 2015, 10:21 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:Does anyone know why the £10k+ in 8+yrs has people shouting about it then? Is it because they knew MB was responsible therefore he had to be brought to justice, when in Madeleine's case they'd no hard evidence of the culprits? Just a question.

That's what I can't understand though, how is it possible for, say this ex policeman (John?) to complain about the cost of Madeleine's investigation when April Jones' cost £8.5k in eight months? Should it not be the other way round? as in 8yrs/10k no wait, when did it go from review to actual investigation? Or is the review included?

Yes it should.

Which brings us back to the question "who are 'they'?". And what are their motives? If John O'Connor knows this anount of funding is normal, what is his motive for using it to put forward an argument for closure? Is it really his own opinion or is he acting in his capacity as a (retired) police officer?

I certainly don't know the answers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next