MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case of Steven Avery

+3
Antonia
Mo
Andrew
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The case of Steven Avery - Page 2 Empty Re: The case of Steven Avery

Post  Bampots Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:07 am

http://neurobonkers.com/2010/09/22/brain-fingerprinting-the-bastard-child-of-the-polygraph/

http://kolber.typepad.com/ethics_law_blog/2008/09/brain-based-lie.html

This is no way a scientific sure fire winner. The very fact that the subject under review will feel pressurised and there fore apt to give a skewed result should be enough to put anyone off!! In the hands of insurance companies,lawyers and the police this would surely be abused .....even by a few is too much. It is snake oil at the moment!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

The case of Steven Avery - Page 2 Empty Breaking News - Brendan Dassey Wins!

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:09 pm

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in the Steven Avery case but for anyone like me who is, there has just been some wonderful news. Brendan Dassey has won his case, the 7th Circuit judges have just overturned his confession - if you haven't seen the dreadful footage of the police extracting a false confession from a vulnerable, mentally disabled sixteen year old without any solicitor present then I would urge you to because it is one of the most heart breaking things I've ever seen. With Brendan's confession now invalidated, it is only a matter of time before Steven Avery also receives justice. It also appears that key evidence was withheld by the prosecution and a re-trial should be allowed because of this violation. Making a Murderer season 2 coming shortly and it's gonna be good!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:04 am

Thanks for the update, doc. I still never got round to watching the programme in the end.

I was reading this article about it earlier on:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/making-murderers-brendan-dassey-released-10672895
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:00 am

Thanks for the link Andrew which gives a flavour of the interview. MaM is still available on Netflix and you should watch it Andrew, ready for season 2 coming soon. Tip - get past episode 3 and it suddenly  becomes very compelling! BTW a judge had already ruled that BD must be released but the prosecution tried to block it and this ruling is the end of the road, so he will be released. Withholding evidence (Brady violation) means it is doubtful there will even be a re-trial as a coerced confession by two bent cops was all they had: no blood, no DNA and no time to even do it. One of those cops removed a voicemail from an answerphone that would have shown TH left SA's trailer alive. Dishonest, corrupt people who fabricate crime and think they can smother the truth with lies watch out. Tick tock...

Last edited by What's_up_doc? on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo as usual)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum