MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frances Kennah and Gerry's Credit Cards

4 posters

Go down

Frances Kennah and Gerry's Credit Cards Empty Frances Kennah and Gerry's Credit Cards

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

There was always chat/rumour/myth or whatever over the years that Gerry McCann didn't have any credit cards. He did.

Frances who?

Never heard of her either until I started reading the below link last night (and fell asleep). Just finished off reading it all. Copied over some of the bits about his credit cards.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FRANCES_KENNAH.htm

Transaction details for 2 MasterCard credit cards used by Gerry McCANN ; this has not been completed as per the conversation between Detective Superintendent Stuart PRIOR and Head of UKCA Frances KENNAH.

Dear Ms Ferreira

Request for mutual legal assistance relating to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

I am writing further to my letter dated 5th March 2008 and your letters dated 14th and 27th March concerning your request for banking evidence relating to Gerald McCann.

In my letter dated 5th March 2008, I asked for clarification of the basis upon which you made the request for access to transaction Mr McCann's Mastercard credit card accounts for a 6 month period. In your letter dated 14th March 2008 you explained that the reason for the request was to enable the investigation team to identify if there were any unknown motives behind the disappearance of Madeleine or identify any individual or individuals responsible for her disappearance. I remain concerned about the basis upon which you seek evidence relating to 6 months transactions, beginning 1st April 2007 (6 weeks prior to Madeleine's disappearance).

When officers from Leicestershire Constabulary met with the Portuguese case team they were informed that the request for banking evidence arose as a result of a reported sighting of Mr McCann at a cash machine whilst talking on a mobile telephone, following Madeleine's disappearance. The Portuguese team were therefore concerned to ascertain whether the cash machine transaction and the call were related and whether they linked to Madeleine's disappearance.

As you know, in considering requests for coercive measures the Secretary of State must consider necessity and proportionality. On the basis of the information before me, the request for evidence relating to Mr McCann's Mastercard accounts for a 6 month period or, at least in the first instance, refine your request to a period immediately prior to and following the day of the alleged sighting, I would be more than happy to look at this part of the request again.

In the meantime, 4 tranches of evidence were sent to you via DHL on 9th, 16th, 23rd and 28th may 2008 and I would be grateful if you could confirm receipt.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely

FR Kennah
Frances Kennah
Head, UK Central Authority

Page 58 XXII ? please justify the request by reference to what is being alleged in relation to these cards. Please explain why you are seeking access to the transaction data for 6 months and why only these credit cards? I have to consider issues or proportionality in relation banking information before I can nominate a court to hear this evidence.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Frances Kennah and Gerry's Credit Cards Empty Re: Frances Kennah and Gerry's Credit Cards

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:16 pm

Snipped from the same link by Frances:

Page 41 ? we have concerns about the approach to Brian Healy, Kate McCann?s father and the suggested line of questioning. As currently drafted, we do not feel there is sufficient connection between what is alleged and what is being requested. Can you assist?

So what was alleged and what was requested..? scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Frances Kennah and Gerry's Credit Cards Empty Re: Frances Kennah and Gerry's Credit Cards

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:22 pm

How did you find that Andrew, 10 years on this and I have never seen that before.  It is very interesting.

I will put it in the PJ/OP Grange section.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm

I was just having a leisurely read of it last night.

I'm not sure where the whole 'Gerry didn't have any credit cards' originated from, but it morphed into a 'fact' over the years.

I always found it odd that he didn't and didn't believe he didn't. (too many didn't's) Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

Iirc......was the issue not ......originally a comment concerning the mortgage and any card connected to it,which may not have shown up?
Well maybe jatyk2 are correct and we really don't know what we're talking about affraid

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:15 pm

I can't actually remember, Bampots. scratch

There was mention of Gerry's credit cards being stolen in his wallet (that was never stolen), when that nonsense story came to light... but I do recall there was a lot of 'chat' in the past about him not actually owning credit cards.

Maybe somebody else will remember...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:44 pm

Here's another link for the refusal of credit cards. I do remember though talk of no credit cards being spoken of many times early on. Was it in Goncalo's book perhaps or an interview of his, just guessing...

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/mccann-case-home-office-refused.html

Still looking for it.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm

Found it - it is in the PJ files and that is why I think I remember Goncalo mentioning it.

Background information Kate McCann

[snipped]

There is no report or statement of bank credit cards listed in the research carried out. However I was alerted to the fact that if an individual maintains an account open with the same bank or credit card accounts for a long period of time, these details do not appear in this kind of search.

Background Information Gerald McCann

There is no report or statement of bank credit cards listed in the research carried out. However I was alerted to the fact that if an individuals maintains an open account with the same bank or a credit card for a long period of time, these details do not appear in this type of research.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MCCANNS_BACKGROUND.htm

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:48 pm

candyfloss wrote:Found it - it is in the PJ files and that is why I think I remember Goncalo mentioning it.  

Background information Kate McCann

[snipped]

There is no report or statement of bank credit cards listed in the research carried out. However I was alerted to the fact that if an individual maintains an account open with the same bank or credit card accounts for a long period of time, these details do not appear in this kind of search.

Background Information Gerald McCann

There is no report or statement of bank credit cards listed in the research carried out. However I was alerted to the fact that if an individuals maintains an open account with the same bank or a credit card for a long period of time, these details do not appear in this type of research.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MCCANNS_BACKGROUND.htm

He did have 2 Creditcards.....but he didn't have any Creditcards?
Question Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum