MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here

+8
chirpyinsect
Freedom
Antonia
chrissie
candyfloss
Poe
bluebell
Andrew
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story  - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here Empty Re: DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm

Move this one if see fit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4334736/My-daughter-Maddie-McCann.html

My daughter could have been the next Maddie McCann: Mother staying at five-star Cyprus hotel woke to find maid trying to snatch her one-year-old
Siobhan Prescott, 25, claims she caught a maid trying to snatch her one-year-old
She and partner Simon were on holiday with baby Harper in luxury Cyprus hotel
Was dozing when awoke to find Harper screaming as woman tried to pick her up
King Evelthon Beach and Hotel Resort says the woman involved has been sacked

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story  - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here Empty Re: DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here

Post  bluebell Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:15 pm

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.   Police, consulate etc taking no action (she says she reported it).    Do these people get paid for such made up stories ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:18 pm

Siobhan Prescott, 25, claims she woke to find her one-year-old daughter Harper crying as a dark-haired woman in her 40s attempted to pick her up out of her cot at the five star King Evelthon Beach and Hotel Resort in Chloraca Bay, Cyprus.

The horrified mother claims she was powerless to react because she was sleeping naked, so screamed out for her partner Simon Smith who was on the balcony of their room.

Your baby is being kidnapped and your first thought is, "I'd better not let the kidnapper see my boobies" Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:22 pm

Poe wrote:
Siobhan Prescott, 25, claims she woke to find her one-year-old daughter Harper crying as a dark-haired woman in her 40s attempted to pick her up out of her cot at the five star King Evelthon Beach and Hotel Resort in Chloraca Bay, Cyprus.

The horrified mother claims she was powerless to react because she was sleeping naked, so screamed out for her partner Simon Smith who was on the balcony of their room.

Your baby is being kidnapped and your first thought is, "I'd better not let the kidnapper see my boobies"  Rolling Eyes

Powerless to react WTF!!  How absolutely pathetic, another load of codswallop.  I expect we will see a few more in the next few weeks.

Last edited by candyfloss on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:23 pm

That's exactly what I though Poe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm

This mother who was terrified of the 'kidnapper' woman seeing her boobies is obviously a fan of Victoria beckham as she has given her daughter the same silly name - HARPER - as Victoria gave her own daughter.

Perhaps the baby was screaming for reasons unrelated to a kidnap - the maid came in to help, picked up the baby - the mother awoke from after lunch drinks maybe - and was confused...?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story  - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here Empty More garbage

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

A nonsense story.

Probably more like the mum was in an alcohol-induced deep sleep, dad was out on the balcony having a smoke and both were oblivious to their little baby crying.

So the maid comes in to try and calm the baby down. Or something along those lines.

Snipped:

The woman said something in another language, before bursting into tears and trying to flee the room - but stopped to make a phone call from the room phone.

Are 'abductors' likely to stop and make a phone call when just been rumbled..... ? Rolling Eyes

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:12 pm

I like the comment at the end from the hotel after initially confirming the incident - clearly the vital word "not" was omitted from the first statement.

"Do not correspond to reality".

Was Ms Prescott covered up in bed or not? She says that she couldn't get up because she was starkers but also asks why would a maid come in when someone was lying naked on the bed?

If the latter, the maid had already had an eyeful!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm

Snipped from the very bottom:

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368

I wonder how much they got for that load of tripe then....

And that's a genuine question. A few hundred squids maybe? 4 figures even?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:59 pm

It's more or less identical to the Mail's version.

I don't know what the situation is as regards payment if stories are copied in different papers.

There's another one here.

http://www.real-fix.com/general/mum-says-her-daughter-nearly-became-next-maddie-when-a-maid-tried-to-snatch-daughter-while-she-napped/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 21 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm

If I had to make a guess as to the origin of the story, I would say that it was thought up by a man/men trying to prove that children can be abducted from right under your nose.

A suitable family is found and given a freebie holiday in return for appearing in the papers.

I say man/men plotted this because our damsel in distress and her child had to be rescued from the nefarious cleaner by her boyfriend.

It never occurred that a mother would defend her own child rather than needing someone big and manly to rescue them so, when this was questioned, they needed to come up with an excuse and quickly. The best they could come up with is that she was naked.

IMO and just purporting a theory

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 5:17 pm

The story is certainly a figment of somebody's imagination!

Interestingly, there is no mention of where in the U K the family lives. Do they even exist in those names?

The only Siobhan Prescott I can find is in Salford but Simon Smith isn't there too.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

Poe wrote:

Your baby is being kidnapped and your first thought is, "I'd better not let the kidnapper see my boobies"  Rolling Eyes

There is no such place as Chloraca Bay. The hotel does exist however and is about a 5 minute drive from me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:08 pm

Pop down Chirps and get the full story cheers
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

Freedom wrote:The story is certainly a figment of somebody's imagination!

Interestingly, there is no mention of where in the U K the family lives. Do they even exist in those names?

The only Siobhan Prescott I can find is in Salford but Simon Smith isn't there too.
A quick check of FB brings up the story on SWNS which is based around Bristol so maybe they are from that area.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:18 pm

Andrew wrote: Pop down Chirps and get the full story cheers

Funnily Enough I'm due a haircut and that's where my hairdresser works. Will make an appointment and give you the gen.

Back to top Go down

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story  - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here Empty DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 23 Mar 2017, 6:46 am

Here you go folks. The real story.

For those of you who may have read an article in daily Mail about a possible abduction event in Cyprus read this following statement! Good Evening ladies and gents! Just to provide some FACTS in regards to the above post:

Guests arrived on the 22/02/2017 and their departure was 01/03/2017 and they have booked a Superior Land View room with a tour operator.

On the 23/02/2017 they have we have upgraded them for free to a Swim Up Front Sea View Room for the duration of their stay.

On 28/02/2017 the maid has visited the guests room for the daily cleaning in the morning as well as in the afternoon. The guests did not have the “Do Not Disturb” sign on neither during the first or the second visit of the maid. In addition, at both visits the maid has knocked on their door and at both times there was no reply. During the second visit of the maid, Miss Prescott was in bed and she spoke to the maid, but the maid did not understand what she was saying so she called the Housekeeping Manager from the room telephone and Miss Prescott has spoken to the Housekeeping Manager on the phone explaining that no extra cleaning is needed, and the maid has left the room.

On the same day the guests have asked to speak to the hotel manager. The hotel manager met the guests who explained that they were upset the maid has entered their room “without knocking the door”. They also said that the Miss Prescott was sleeping naked and their baby was also sleeping while her partner was on the terrace. The hotel manager explained that the maid entered the room to check if any extra cleaning was needed and also explained that this specific maid is working with us since the opening of the hotel with excellent records of courtesy and professionalism and has a 15 year experience in the field.

On the same date the hotel manager has met the clients for a second time and apologized for the incident and suggested to meet with the maid, however and Miss. Prescott and her partner refused. They have also asked the manager for a written report of what had happened and said that they will take this further.

The hotel manager has given them the report, to which report Miss Prescott's partner had wrote on the bottom: “As the cleaner walked into the room, walked pass the key card and pursed towards the bed and the baby’s cot, baby was sleeping and Miss Prescott was asleep naked on the bed. When Miss Prescott woke up, the cleaner was starred and shocked and left the room as she could not speak English”

At neither time the guests mentioned anything to the hotel manager at both times they have met with him in regards to any worries of "abduction" of their child. On the contrary, Miss Prescott's spouse has written by himself on the report that the child was sleeping.

On the departure day on 01/03/2017 the guests have met at the reception 2 tour representatives of another company and were telling them about the incident with the maid and also said to them that they have complained previously when holidaying in another hotel about a similar issue and that they have got their money back.

On the same day (01/03/2017) the guests have made a report at the Police that the maid tried to “abduct” their child. This was brought to the attention of the manager when the Police have asked him and all persons involved to give a statement.

We find the newspaper article with the story of Miss Prescott and partner to be completely false. They have failed dramatically to report facts such as: the fact that the maid has called the housekeeping manager who has talked to Mrs. Prescott, the fact that the child was sleeping during the whole time (as stated also on Miss Prescott’s partner handwritten document), the fact that they did not report to the hotel manager anything about their child being “abducted”.

Cyprus ranks as the no. 1 safest small country in the world, and it will continue to do so. In combination with the high quality services and resorts and its warm-hearted people, the island can guarantee a wonderful holiday for couples and especially families with children. These are actual facts that cannot change regardless of any claim of Miss Prescott and her partner at a newspaper which is not only not stating correct facts, but also fails to provide any outcome of the official body investigation (which in this case is the Cyprus Police). Comparing a maid trying to clean your hotel room to an abduction attempt and “my daughter could have been the next Maddie McCann” is not only an unsubstantiated methodology of a parent eager to get their twisted story and/or photos in a newspaper, but also disrespect to the unfortunate real serious cases of child abductions around the world.

Statement from Tsokkos themselves...as said don't believe everything you read in the papers. Especially papers who buy stories!

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:16 am

Thanks chirpy - I noticed The Mail and other papers have put requests for 'stories like this'  at the bottom of the page and I'm sure they were paid handsomely! It makes me feel ashamed to be British sometimes - do tourists from other countries carry on like this I wonder?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:22 am

Thanks Chirps......makes you wonder "why" they ran the piece in the first place!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

Thanks as well for that, Chirps.

Made up guff as we all thought then. Some people will do/say anything to try and get their money back and a freebie holiday.

It's an absolute disgrace that the papers print this nonsense let alone the people involved blatantly lying like that.

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368

See if they'll pay you and report the 'actual' story, Chirps......
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:28 am

May I post this on Facebook, Chirpy?

The original story has been creating a lot of frivolity there.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:18 am

Any journalist worth his/her salt should investigate this legacy of the McCann case.

How many more parents are going to put their children in danger? How many are going to make accusations against innocent people? All for money, 15 minutes of fame and the chance to be the parents of the "next Madeleine McCann"

Absolutely sickening.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:23 am

I really think that attention seeking idiots like the two in this latest non-story should be prosecuted for wasting everyone's time.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next