MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February?

+6
Freedom
froggy
Mimi
Andrew
bluebell
candyfloss
10 posters

Go down

McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February? Empty McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February?

Post  candyfloss Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:23 am

Don't know how true this is.......

Madeleine CaseTweets‏ @McCannCaseTweet · 2h2 hours ago  

As I was checking my own US trademarks , I checked Madeleine's Trademark and the status is DEAD

McCanns have not renewed trademark #mccann

McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February? C9bgXqWUwAAkK-B

JillyCL‏ @JillyCL · 1h1 hour ago  

Replying to @McCannCaseTweet

Interesting that it was only cancelled at the end of February this year, just after the Supreme Court ruling.  #Trademark #McCann$

tigger‏ @gcnjones · 1h1 hour ago  

tigger Retweeted Madeleine CaseTweets

Interesting. So: Portuguese High Court finds against plaintiffs, HaysMacIntyre resign3/2 and 24/2 trademark is not renewed UK and US?

Madeleine CaseTweets‏ @McCannCaseTweet · 60m60 minutes ago

Replying to @JillyCL

yeap, very interesting. Just as accountants quit the Madeleine #mccann fund

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February? Empty Re: McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February?

Post  bluebell Sat 15 Apr 2017, 9:12 am

"Just as accountants quit" - from that tweet. Is that referring to HaysMacintyre, as I thought they were the auditors ?
Are auditors also the accountants? Sorry for such a dim question, financial matters have always confused me.

Back to top Go down

McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February? Empty Re: McCanns cancelled Find Madeleine trademark in February?

Post  Andrew Sat 15 Apr 2017, 10:42 am

Haysmacintyre, I believe did both for the McCanns, Bluebell.

Is there a link for this Trademark stuff....?

Just had a very quick search then and couldn't find anything scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 15 Apr 2017, 10:51 am

bluebell wrote:"Just as accountants quit"  -  from that tweet.   Is that referring to HaysMacintyre, as I thought they were the auditors ?
Are auditors also the accountants?   Sorry for such a dim question, financial matters have always confused me.

I had to query that as well - I assumed they were the same thing.

Audit - "An audit is a systematic and independent examination of books, accounts, statutory records, documents and vouchers of an organization to ascertain how far the financial statements as well as non-financial disclosures present a true and fair view of the concern.

An accountant is a practitioner of accounting or accountancy, which is the measurement, disclosure or provision of assurance about financial information that helps managers, investors, tax authorities and others make decisions about allocating resource(s)."

Wiki

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:04 am

Andrew wrote:Haysmacintyre, I believe did both for the McCanns, Bluebell.

Is there a link for this Trademark stuff....?

Just had a very quick search then and couldn't find anything scratch

Found this on CMOMM  =       https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13582-will-the-mccanns-renew-madeleine-mccann-trademarked-fund-on-18-may-2017

So is perhaps it not due for renewal until 18 May this year ?    Or have I got it wrong here?   Is this one only the Fund and the other is just for MBM ?

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:07 am

Probably a silly question, but does the company still exist ? Has it quietly been wound up, ( or down) ?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:13 am

Auditors are usually trained accountants, but cannot act simultaneously as both accountant and auditor for the same company.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:14 am

Donations still being requested on the official site (plus items still on sale).

@ Froggy ... Thanks for that answer re auditors and accountants. I didn't think they could act as both.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:16 am

That's what I was thinking, froggy.

It would be an unholy conflict of interest otherwise!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:24 am

Thanks, it was just a thought.

If the company made a loan, involving almost all the assets to directors and then the company closed, what would happen to the money loaned?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:45 am

Presumably there is an ongoing fee for having a registered trademark.

Maybe just cutbacks at Rothley Towers - why now the need to retain the trademark?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:50 pm

I read elsewhere today its the American trademark and not the UK one
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 15 Apr 2017, 9:14 pm

coppernob wrote:I read elsewhere today its the American trademark and not the UK one

Yes I did they were guessing it was the American one, but it was due to expire anyway, wonder why it was cancelled. if indeed it was.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 17 Apr 2017, 10:21 am

candyfloss wrote:
coppernob wrote:I read elsewhere today its the American trademark and not the UK one

Yes I did they were guessing it was the American one, but it was due to expire anyway, wonder why it was cancelled. if indeed it was.

Know Iam late on a this as I have been camping in some hole with no,or should I say very very little Internet!!

Yes it's American one....interestingly they would have to pay to close it early....uinstead of waiting for natural expiry date in May.......

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Mon 17 Apr 2017, 10:15 pm

Is it possible that it was cancelled because someone started cancellation proceeding against it?

https://revisionlegal.com/trademark-registration/grounds-for-cancelling-a-trademark/

Why else would someone cancel a trademerk if they could just leave it to expire?
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum