MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say hello and introduce yourself here

+136
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Heisenburg
Freedom
candyfloss
Veracity
AnOldFriend
JohnnyH
Lois Jones
Unknown_Soldier
Ferrino
amber1911
curious
unreorganised
mumof6
LeoMcSick
What's_up_doc?
kellie
Hope
Bloodhound
Bashibozkedi
Birdy
mrjnh
kylie
Yorkshiregel
Neveronasunday
nannygroves
AgProv
Inca
EileenC
Connie
Honeyblade
Rosa canina
caseyjones
poster
Bubblewrapped
crabbit
chris
JJ
Rufus T
Mo
PeterMac
ciawoman
mad world
Guinea Pig
sofa
Ignored
Rowena
margaret
flowergirl
dentdelion
Shrike
bobbin
Thetruth
Suki
hicks
Helenmeg
seahorse
Stewie
chubbarie
Chop Suey on Toast
Burst
Ixta
jozi
Falafel
Tristar
TexMac
CynicAl
JustaLurker
ROMAntici
Ribisl
Rob Royston
anny
PMR
Antonia
saloongirl
Magnum
coppernob
poppyfox
AndyB
Vici
Carlymichelle
selkie
Cristobell
Andrew
KathyBelle
travis macbickle
nobodythereeither
Beanie
Muratfan
gbwales
DIBarlow
Bampots
Me
pollyanna
Scrants
dantezebu
Janesgirl
CaT
fatfiona
cherry
bluebell
Mimi
Marky
truthwillout
Lioned
hesla
chrissie
Louisa
Curiouser
Lorraine
wjk
TheTruthWillOut
Poe
Fiat500
womandotcom
bellisa
Justformaddiemccann
costello
MikeAbrams
Shnooks
Gaggzy
Poppy
eltee
Meteor
Châtelaine
chilli
DarkestDawn
End
Jellybot
Anne
Dee Coy
Mearns
mara thon
dazedandconfused
Admin
140 posters

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 27 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  Thetruth Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:29 pm

Well done Sofa.

Appalling stance by the powers that be, over there. What an embarrassment. Even PM is an expert now.

I just deleted the rest of my post. They are not worth it.
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 27 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  PMR Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm

Hi Sofa I spend a lot of time in France. Welcome to sanity
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:54 pm

May I also say Welcome to you Sofa, good to have you here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignored Sun 11 Jan 2015, 11:01 pm

Sofa, you posted (over there) a very well reasoned point about the generalisations being made about many innocent people, just because they happen to be the same religion as the perpetrators of the heinous acts carried out by terrorists in Paris. Simultaneously, some posters proved you to be correct by attacking you, and trying to negate your arguments purely because you are yourself of that faith. You couldn't make it up.

Welcome Sofa sunny

Last edited by Ignored on Sun 11 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ignored

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 11 Jan 2015, 11:26 pm

Ha! I've got luxury leather sofas popping up as an appropriate ad, now!

Back to top Go down

Post  TexMac Mon 12 Jan 2015, 12:32 am

Welcome, Sofa. Well done for speaking up "over there". The venom and hatred of their (particularly TB's and aquila's) recent posts is disgusting, inflammatory, and oh-so blinkered, and, in my opinion, has no place anywhere in a civil society.
TexMac
TexMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Mon 12 Jan 2015, 8:22 am

sofa wrote:Just decided to stop on Jill havern as I felt this forum has some incredible discriminating post on a specific community and I feel that I did not want to be identified with it anymore. I hope I will be welcome here!

Hi Sofa and a big welcome from me too Smile

I'm just catching up reading the thread in the other place, and astonished is my first reaction!  Well done you in putting forward your opinion so eloquently and rationally in the face of such ignorance and prejudice.  The little englanders are out in force and once more giving the impression that we are a nation of small minded shopkeepers.

I find it so difficult to comprehend the reasoning behind the pure hatred that these people have for anything alien to themselves, they don't understand it, therefore it must be hated and shooed away from the rest of the tribe.  Their God (who no-one can see) is bigger and more powerful than the aliens' God (who no-one can see), so someone among the righteous (the larger group) rallies the troops and we have war!

I used to be anti-theist, because the idea of worshipping someone unseen is absurd, and because all the atrocities committed in the name of 'my God is bigger than your God' are some form of manmade evil that goes beyond my comprehension.  In my opinion every society needs a religion to keep the population in check and threatening them with an eternity burning in hell usually does the trick.  

I do however respect the right of people to hold beliefs, its a tough old life and who and what can we turn to in our darkest hours if we have no God?  Religion also provides a community and social interaction for those who might otherwise be isolated, it gives a sense of belonging - its the excluding bit that I find distasteful. Some people turn to booze and drugs, some take their woes to a higher power, whatever gets you through the night, say I.  However, its when 'a few' start to insist that everyone share their beliefs that sticks in my craw, or indeed when they demand that the rest of us respect these manmade deities to the point of insanity. They are asking, neigh demanding, that we give the cuddly toy a kiss goodnight and treat it as part of the family as if we were trying to get a 4 year old off to sleep.

Those demanding that 'The State' protect their deities from ridicule have been around since the first group of wannabe alpha males got together and made a plan to take control.  Its a tribal thing.  The majority of Muslims are peace loving, family loving, community loving, citizens, just like their Christian and Jewish counterparts.  

What people take offence at, is a very personal thing, it comes from the heart.  The only way in which I can explain it, is to compare it to the way we respond if anyone (outside of the family) criticizes or attacks our children.  We are overtaken by ferocious desire to kill, well I am lol, that is beyond our control. It is a primevil response that bypasses logic and rational.  Some people are able to take the ferocity aroused and apply it to a cause and a God, but its usually for self aggrandisement purposes.  Mr. Bennett is a typical example, in having a 'cause' Mr. Bennett is not seen as promoting himself, it is something for him to hide behind.  His xenophobia stems not from a need to protect his family and his community, but rather from his need to be seen as doing so.  

Imo, the fury he is using, is driving him insane, he has enemies approaching on every front.  He has jumped on the Charlie Hebdo bandwagon, but once again, he has jumped on the wrong bandwagon.  He misreads public opinion, and has taken the actions of a few to a condemn the many, and in doing so he has drawn others out of the woodwork.  I have to smile at the irony of Tony fighting for Free Speech, try speaking freely on Haverns and see where it gets you!  Like the McCanns, its the very last thing he wants!  Smile  

As you rightly pointed out Sofa, these lunatics represent no-one, other than similarly minded lunatics.  Birds of a feather and all that, and perfectly illustrated on forums such as Stop the Myths and now Jill Haverns.  Surprised at how few spoke up for you, and once more disappointed that the otherwise intelligent poster Petermac is so deeply entrenched in such prejudiced thinking.  Sadly, I think he is greatly influenced by his background and ideas that once dominated police thinking.  

But I digress, it seems the Christian soldiers are out in force over there Sofa, and you never really stood a chance.  Common sense, reason and logic is usually followed by a ban.  I hope they haven't banned you, because at the moment you are way ahead in the polls, and defeating their arguments hands down  Smile
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:26 am

Hi Sofa

Welcome Smile
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:56 am

sofa wrote:Thank you Deecoy, I have faith in the majority of British people, this why I chose to live here.

Oh sorry Sofa just see you live in Britain so are you French born but live in UK? Even more admirable that you travelled to France for the march if so.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 10:26 am

Just stay away from there Sofa, there are only a few zealots on there now and only one opinion is allowed, same as on MM. And we all know what happens with a restricted gene pool.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Mon 12 Jan 2015, 11:10 am

The above post turned into a blog with a prominent link to here Smile

I don't expect any response from CMoMM they only listen to one point of view, and we may as well ask them to convert to Islam as think outside of the box Mad
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:06 am

Hello to everybody.

I joined a few weeks ago and have just got round to saying hello.

That's me all over - always a bit late in joining the party.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:08 am

Hi and welcome Guinea Pig,  -  sweet avatar, think that is a gremlin though not a guinea pig Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:42 am

Hello G.P. 

I had a G.P 30 years ago and got murdered by a rat.

My dog at the time got the rat though.

Ta
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiat500 Sun 08 Feb 2015, 1:51 am

Hello and welcome GP.

I'm often late too, usually because I'm looking in the wrong direction.

Hello too FM's. I haven't drifted away from the fórum, much as Mr.B might wish - I'm still trying to arrange my house purchase in Wales. It's taken so much longer than I imagined it would but I think and believe it will happen in April now. I've discovered patience that I never knew I was capable of but when you want something you go all out to make it happen.

I don't join in the discussions because I have nothing new to add but I stick around. Very Happy

ETA.  Plus I hardly ever look at my photo albums so I love looking at my late cat's face looking at me in my avatar!
Fiat500
Fiat500

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:38 am

I'm camera shy so have chosen a new avatar of a distant relative who's a bit more like me than a gremlin.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 27 Empty Re:Say Hello and introduce yourself here

Post  costello Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:49 am

Hi Guinea Pig
I like both of your avatars.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:02 pm

I did give the rat a proper burial though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:05 pm

... And of course the G.P.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mad world Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:52 am

Hello everyone...nice to be somewhere you can agree to disagree. And having followed cmomm nice to see the more sensible posters are on here
mad world
mad world

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:02 am

mad world wrote:Hello everyone...nice to be somewhere you can agree to disagree. And having followed cmomm nice to see the more sensible posters are on here

Hi mad world. Nice to have you here. We don`t always agree here either but it remains civilised thanks to good moderating. I look forward to hearing your theories.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  mad world Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:29 am

Thank you chirpyinsect..i'm sure i'll be on my soapbox soon!
mad world
mad world

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Mar 2015, 9:48 am

mad world wrote:Hello everyone...nice to be somewhere you can agree to disagree. And having followed cmomm nice to see the more sensible posters are on here

Hi and Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 27 Smileys-smiley-with-sign-580722

Hope the avatar is ok. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mad world Wed 18 Mar 2015, 5:28 pm

I'm on a rubbish phone..i'm sure its finr.
mad world
mad world

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 19 Mar 2015, 6:37 am

It certainly is a mad world out there.

Welcome and enjoy.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum