MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say hello and introduce yourself here

+136
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Heisenburg
Freedom
candyfloss
Veracity
AnOldFriend
JohnnyH
Lois Jones
Unknown_Soldier
Ferrino
amber1911
curious
unreorganised
mumof6
LeoMcSick
What's_up_doc?
kellie
Hope
Bloodhound
Bashibozkedi
Birdy
mrjnh
kylie
Yorkshiregel
Neveronasunday
nannygroves
AgProv
Inca
EileenC
Connie
Honeyblade
Rosa canina
caseyjones
poster
Bubblewrapped
crabbit
chris
JJ
Rufus T
Mo
PeterMac
ciawoman
mad world
Guinea Pig
sofa
Ignored
Rowena
margaret
flowergirl
dentdelion
Shrike
bobbin
Thetruth
Suki
hicks
Helenmeg
seahorse
Stewie
chubbarie
Chop Suey on Toast
Burst
Ixta
jozi
Falafel
Tristar
TexMac
CynicAl
JustaLurker
ROMAntici
Ribisl
Rob Royston
anny
PMR
Antonia
saloongirl
Magnum
coppernob
poppyfox
AndyB
Vici
Carlymichelle
selkie
Cristobell
Andrew
KathyBelle
travis macbickle
nobodythereeither
Beanie
Muratfan
gbwales
DIBarlow
Bampots
Me
pollyanna
Scrants
dantezebu
Janesgirl
CaT
fatfiona
cherry
bluebell
Mimi
Marky
truthwillout
Lioned
hesla
chrissie
Louisa
Curiouser
Lorraine
wjk
TheTruthWillOut
Poe
Fiat500
womandotcom
bellisa
Justformaddiemccann
costello
MikeAbrams
Shnooks
Gaggzy
Poppy
eltee
Meteor
Châtelaine
chilli
DarkestDawn
End
Jellybot
Anne
Dee Coy
Mearns
mara thon
dazedandconfused
Admin
140 posters

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 40 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  Unknown_Soldier Tue 04 Jul 2017, 12:57 am

Hello all. Stumbled across your forum a few weeks ago & thought it was about time to join.
I've followed the McCann case for quite a few years now but rarely comment on any media platform. More of a watch & wait type !
Looking forward to reading the perspectives of this forum.

Unknown_Soldier

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 40 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  Freedom Tue 04 Jul 2017, 1:06 am

Welcome Mr or Ms X - an unusual user name.

I hope that you will become less unknown as time goes on.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 04 Jul 2017, 8:12 am

Unknown_Soldier wrote:Hello all. Stumbled across your forum a few weeks ago & thought it was about time to join.
I've followed the McCann case for quite a few years now but rarely comment on any media platform. More of a watch & wait type !
Looking forward to reading the perspectives of this forum.

Welcome Unknown Soldier.

It`s one of the things I appreciate about this forum - that different perspectives are allowed - and discussed politely. A rare thing these days.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown_Soldier Tue 04 Jul 2017, 8:29 am

Thank you Freedom and Mimi.
Not such an unusual user name. Song title.... I'll leave you to guess the group Freedom! Question

Unknown_Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 04 Jul 2017, 9:27 am

I'm showing my age again but the only song I can think of is Universal Soldier by Donovan.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 04 Jul 2017, 9:48 am

Unknown_Soldier wrote:Thank you Freedom and Mimi.
Not such an unusual user name. Song title.... I'll leave you to guess the group Freedom! Question

Hello and welcome from me Unknown_Soldier.

Hope Freedom won't mind, but is this it??

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown_Soldier Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:13 am

Yep, it is Bluebell & hello to you.
Close Freedom. Same era & no, I'm not quite that old Smile

Edited to say, actual video was revolutionary in its time and received a wholesale media ban.

Unknown_Soldier

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 40 Empty Hello one and all

Post  Lois Jones Mon 10 Jul 2017, 12:35 pm

Hi All,

Long-time reader of JH forum.  Never joined as the treatment of Newbies was appalling imho.  Decided to join here so will enjoy catching up with all the threads.  I recognise a lot of names too.  

Lois

Good start, posted a new topic instead of a reply and can't delete. Can you help me Admin? Should be in introductions. Very Happy Very Happy

Lois Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyH Mon 10 Jul 2017, 12:45 pm

A reply to 'Candyfloss' from the other thread.

I hope you don't mind me answering it here? I've been following this case ever since I switched on the news that Friday morning and watched it unfold. I've been involved in many a fora in the early days and know a lot of the *personalities* that surround it. That's from forums, facebook, Twitter and blogs. I keep in touch sporadically with some of these *names*.

I usually just "lurk" nowadays but I do like to take an interest when the games get played out. Nothing is quite what it seems.

John

JohnnyH

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 10 Jul 2017, 12:48 pm

Hello there Lois and welcome.

I've added your post to the existing topic.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Jones Mon 10 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

Hello Freedom and thank you. Sorry for being a pest on my first post Smile

Lois Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 10 Jul 2017, 1:39 pm

JohnnyH, I've transferred your post here as a new member.

There certainly are and have been games played on both sides of the fence - meaning those who support the McCanns and those who don't.

I don't know what attracted you particularly to the Ben / Andrew saga but it really is my hope that it is sorted out away from the public eye as it should be.

We need to move on and ignore those who only want to disrupt forums.

Welcome, by the way!

P.S. I forgot to say that, if anyone wants to "talk" further about Andrew or Ben, please do so on Twitter and / or Facebook as it is nothing to do with this forum.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyH Mon 10 Jul 2017, 3:48 pm

Thank you for the welcome @ Freedom.

When you observe quietly from the background and not get caught up in the "games" then sometimes it becomes slightly more clearer.

The Ben / Andrew saga interested me as I have spoken privately to both in the past. Ben on his Facebook group quite some time back. Fred or Andrew on Twitter fairly recently when this forum was mentioned and it was all going a bit "gung-ho". I do use Twitter but I'd rather not give my handle on that at the moment if that's okay.

I'm still a member of CMOMM although my last post there was made back in 2014. Rarely looked in on the forum until I read on Twitter about this "battle" going on. Nothing really surprises me with the antics of a certain person over there. To say he has previous form with this type of behaviour is a massive understatement!!

Just be wary of the games here though. When it goes quiet again then it's usually the calm before the storm!!

John

JohnnyH

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 40 Empty Re:Say something and introduce yourself.

Post  costello Mon 10 Jul 2017, 6:07 pm

Good lord Johnny H, you do sound familiar,have we ever conversed on any forums in the past,I'm certain we have.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyH Wed 12 Jul 2017, 12:04 am

costello wrote:Good lord Johnny H, you do sound familiar,have we ever conversed on any forums in the past,I'm certain we have.

Sorry for the delayed response @ Costello.

Should I know you? Been on forums and groups around but no idea who you are? Apart from seeing you on here and growing slightly with confidence?

JohnnyH

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 40 Empty A new topic?

Post  AnOldFriend Tue 19 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm

An old friend would like to say 'happy Xmas' to ALL!

Some old 'really good friends' on here! (Long time no speak), and that's great! You all take care! X

AnOldFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 20 Dec 2017, 2:23 am

Hello, old friend, I've merged your post with an existing topic.

May I ask who you were before - could you not have revived the old account?

Welcome, anyway.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:35 am

Merry Christmas to an old friend, I think!

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:47 am

There's  something strange going on here.
This morning at 03:23 I received an email from MMM:

Hello Châtelaine,

You receive this e-mail because you are watching the topic, "Say hello and introduce yourself here" at "MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY". This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the newly posted replies, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t32p975-say-hello-and-introduce-yourself-here#99399

and just now at 10:36 the same message, but with another reference: #99406

I can assure you that I was not watching your forum as early as 3 am and i certainly didn't recently post anything in this thread.

To mention that my email accounts have been hacked last week, including this chatelaine-one. Everything has meanwhile been restored, so how come I get these messages from you? Is there something you can figure out technically from your side?

With thanks in advance :-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:52 am

@Chatelaine.......

There is a line at the bottom of the page under the page numbers saying 'watch this thread' or similar.  You must have accidentally clicked when clicking a page number by accident.  Every time someone then posts on that thread you get an email to let you know. So , AnOldFriend posted and you got one, then Freedom posted so you had another... I think that is it.

Look below the page numbers and click 'stop watching this thread

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:57 am

Thank you very much!!!!! That is indeed the explanation and I'm relieved. That hacked accounts thingy was very stressful and these mails made me jump again ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:02 am

Châtelaine wrote:Thank you very much!!!!! That is indeed the explanation and I'm relieved. That hacked accounts  thingy was very stressful and these mails made me jump again ...

cheers santa rendeer

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:05 am

You must have posted on this topic at some time in the past and that's how you got a notification firstly for my post at silly o'clock this morning. Thanks to my neighbours, I couldn't sleep.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:06 am

Remember too that everytime you post on a thread, you'll be watching it which will send emails again.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:09 am

I think to receive notifications you must click the 'watch this topic' at the bottom of the page.. 

Once you click 'stop watching this topic' you should not receive any notifications at all.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum