MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Moore and the McCann Files

+10
joyce1938
Antonia
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Freedom
candyfloss
Châtelaine
gbwales
Andrew
Popcorn
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nigel Moore and the McCann Files - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Moore and the McCann Files

Post  Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:55 pm

No we don't know. So let's leave that out of it.
Freedom this is not about speculation.
It's simply about preserving the facts.
Any speculation is secondary.

And I'm sorry to say, I don't follow you in what you're saying.
Leanne's contacts with the PJ?
What do you mean?
Does it matter really?
The PJ, normally means the Policia Judiciara.
I guess you mean the group of friends,
PJGA, helping Gonçalo Amaral.
Not the same.
Not important,
if we want the truth to come out,
if we want justice to be done.

Let us just put our money where our mouths are.
Irrespective of personal fame.
All imo
parapono

Last edited by parapono on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Nigel Moore and the McCann Files - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Moore and the McCann Files

Post  Freedom Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:00 pm

You've lost me. I just meant that Leanne might have been thanked privately by the Portuguese police for her efforts in raising money.

I have indeed put my money where my mouth is for both that fund and now Nigel's one. 

Good luck to him - I'm sure that he will get all the funds that he needs.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:14 pm

I edited my post, hoping to clear things up.
PJ is police, PJGA is the group of friends supporting
Gonçalo Amaral from the beginning.
Naming is sensitive but it's Astro, Kazlux, Xklamation,
Ines..
Now let's get back to basics,
let's fund Nigel Moore, Pamalam and thus Amaral!

parapono

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Tue 20 Oct 2015, 5:59 pm

Hello Parapono, I'm sorry if my post offended you. I'm glad that Nigel is getting help with his costs, just as I'm glad Goncalo Amaral got help with his legal fees. My point was that it seemed pretty clear to me that people had responded to the Go Fund Me appeal in a far stronger way than they had to the original PJGA fund. The reasons for this (I think) is because on Go Fund Me people can see others donating and the target being reached, and also because some choose to leave a message. This is not possible via the other appeals - both the original PJGA one and Nigel's current one. I don't think it's about individuals seeking applause. Most people who donate on Go Fund Me do so anonymously, including those leaving messages.
I only suggested it because I thought it might help Nigel reach his goal sooner. But perhaps I misunderstood the point you were making in response to my post?
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:37 pm

i agree with all you've said there popcorn.

i wonder if nige will put a message up to tell people to stop donating when he's reached his target and if he will start to update the site again.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:40 pm

Laura wrote:i agree with all you've said there popcorn.

i wonder if nige will put a message up to tell people to stop donating when he's reached his target and if he will start to update the site again.
I think his message says he will update on amount collected.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:57 pm

Yep. End of next week. All in the open. Ty for explaining candyfloss.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:04 pm

Popcorn wrote:Hello Parapono, I'm sorry if my post offended you. I'm glad that Nigel is getting help with his costs, just as I'm glad Goncalo Amaral got help with his legal fees. My point was that it seemed pretty clear to me that people had responded to the Go Fund Me appeal in a far stronger way than they had to the original PJGA fund. The reasons for this (I think) is because on Go Fund Me people can see others donating and the target being reached, and also because some choose to leave a message. This is not possible via the other appeals - both the original PJGA one and Nigel's current one. I don't think it's about individuals seeking applause. Most people who donate on Go Fund Me do so anonymously, including those leaving messages.
I only suggested it because I thought it might help Nigel reach his goal sooner. But perhaps I misunderstood the point you were making in response to my post?
Hi Popcorn, no offense taken.
Nige said he'd update about the donations - if any - end of next week.
Kindest regards
parapono

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:09 pm

Freedom wrote:We don't know what private correspondence there may have been between Leanne Baulch and the PJ.
I don't think Leanne had any dealings with the PJ (Portuguese police) Freedom.
Correspondence, imo, if any, would be between Leanne and the PJGA ( team Amaral).
All imo
parapono

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 21 Oct 2015, 9:06 pm

Good news from Nigel.

Update

Just a quick note to say a huge thank you to all the kind and generous people who have donated to the site over the last couple of days. Given circumstances over the last 12 months have left me little time to devote to the site, I am taken aback by the response. Thank you.

There is now no immediate danger to the future of the site, so I have removed the donation button. I am currently in conversation with the site hosts and shall post up all the details by the end of this week, with details of payments made.

Updating the site

I do intend to continue to update the site, although it may be December or New Year before things settle down completely, as I need time to catch up on recent developments.

Once again, many thanks for your invaluable support in keeping the site online,

Nigel

21/10/2015
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Wed 21 Oct 2015, 9:12 pm

I think Nigel should keep the donate button there. His site needs to be supported; an invaluable resource.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 21 Oct 2015, 9:18 pm

Jeez, more great news sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 9:28 pm

Antonia wrote:I think Nigel should keep the donate button there. His site needs to be supported; an invaluable resource.
Seconded.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 22 Oct 2015, 10:37 am

Yes, great news from Nigel cheers

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 31 Oct 2015, 12:52 pm

Yesterday's update.

Update - 30/10/2015

There are 3 payments that need to be made each year:

• The webspace charge, which is the most expensive due to the size of the site (and which I've previously paid monthly)
• An annual payment that allows unlimited pages on the site, and
• The domain name renewal

As a result of your kind donations I’ve been able to make the following payments:

- Webspace for one year to 27/10/2016 (.com) - £209.33
- Unlimited pages for one year to 29/10/2016 (.com) - £54.00
- Domain name renewal for one year (.com) - £13.19
- Domain name renewal for one year (.co.uk) - £5.99

As you will see, this site is now fully covered for the next year, regardless of anything else that happens.

I do have some money left over and am considering the best use of this – I'll keep you updated.

Many thanks again for your fantastic support.

Nigel 30/10/2015
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sat 31 Oct 2015, 12:57 pm

And thanks to you Nigel for all the work you have done over the years.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:47 am

I'll put the link from the Questions & Answers thread here too.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161025110751/http://mccannfiles.com/index.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Nigel Moore and the McCann Files - Page 2 Empty A salute to Nigel Moore

Post  candyfloss Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:24 pm

Thought perhaps members would like to leave their comments and thanks to the dedicated Nigel Moore who gave us the fantastic mccannfiles.com

I will put this link from Blacksmith here, it is a fitting tribute to him.........

Nigel Moore

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/nigel-moore.html

Thank you Nigel Nigel Moore and the McCann Files - Page 2 Favorite_white_13Nigel Moore and the McCann Files - Page 2 Salute-smiley-emoticonNigel Moore and the McCann Files - Page 2 Hat-tip-smiley-emoticon

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:28 pm

An astounding wealth of information. I am very grateful for the hard work that Nigel has put in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 29 Oct 2016, 8:41 am

I'll echo those thoughts I only came across the McCann case by accident was directed to the files,wealth of information.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 29 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

Nigel certainly needs to be applauded for all the fantastic work he's done over the years. So from reading the Blacksmith blog it appears Nigel has had enough then... It's a shame that the site has been taken down though. Surely it wouldn't cost much at all to keep it open even if it wasn't updated. I'm surprised he didn't offer it out for someone else to take control.

But I thank him greatly for all he's done and wish him the very best for the future.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sat 29 Oct 2016, 2:13 pm

Many thanks to Nigel for all his great work over the years. I can understand that he might want to 'retire' from the site after all this time and get his life back. But it would be a tragedy if all that material was lost......
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 29 Oct 2016, 5:09 pm

Antonia wrote:Many thanks to Nigel for all his great work over the years. I can understand that he might want to 'retire' from the site after all this time and get his life back. But it would be a tragedy if all that material was lost......

Yes it would Antonia, it would be a devastating blow, as I am sure we have all used the mccannfiles.com in the long years of this case.  It is the first link people are given who are new to the case, an absolute wealth of filed information.

This piece though from Blacksmith talking about Nigel, snipped from his blog does say a lot though, and probably expresses how many feel..

He is uninterested in money. FWIW, over the past eighteen months or so he found the flight into unreality that appeared to have overtaken case comment troubling and expressed his dissatisfaction vigorously. It is one of life's typical and bitter ironies that, having provided the tools to research the case properly, he watched them being ignored in favour of assertion and fantasy.

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/nigel-moore.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 29 Oct 2016, 6:21 pm

Nigel Moore has created a marvellous reference library. One we all turn to frequently for the facts of this case.
Many, many thanks and appreciation of such hard work, don't know where we would be without it - its value is beyond price.

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 29 Oct 2016, 7:31 pm

Have all these bloggers been reading Atlas Shrugged, or something? I wouldn't compel anybody to continue doing something that they no longer want or need to do, but simply taking your ball home is a bit childish, as is getting your mate to throw around vague justifications on your behalf.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next