MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity deaths

+41
Guinea Pig
Freedom
Heisenburg
eltee
Tangled Web
What's_up_doc?
coppernob
Mimi
bluebell
froggy
candyfloss
dannii
Bloodhound
seahorse
Hope
Helenmeg
PMR
kylie
Mo
Dee Coy
Burst
nannygroves
Connie
Rosa canina
costello
Honeyblade
PeterMac
Poe
joyce1938
Bampots
wjk
chilli
Anne
dogs don't lie
Lioned
Châtelaine
womandotcom
hesla
Andrew
chirpyinsect
Admin
45 posters

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 26 Empty Re: Celebrity deaths

Post  Mimi Mon 16 Oct 2017, 6:40 pm

Freedom wrote:A good innings for this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-41638573

Hadn`t heard of him - only his daughter Michelle Dotrice who was Betty in Some Mothers Do `ave `em.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 17 Oct 2017, 3:19 am

I've heard of Karen Dotrice too - she was the little girl Jane Banks in the Mary Poppins film. The third sister Yvette is also an actress though offhand I don't know what she's appeared in.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 25 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm

Fats Domino at 89 today ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 25 Oct 2017, 5:25 pm

I felt sure that he died years ago! I know that he was missing after Hurricane Katrina and eventually found alive but I would have sworn that he died a few years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fats_Domino
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 25 Oct 2017, 6:13 pm

Freedom wrote:I felt sure that he died years ago!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fats_Domino

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 10 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm

Loved this programme, the boss of Magnum has died, John Hillerman aged 84

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41940675

Celebrity deaths - Page 26 _98694233_magnum1_rex

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 14 Nov 2017, 6:24 pm

Freedom wrote:Going back to Jerry Lewis, his sons aren't likely to be pleased at being cut out of his will.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/jerry-lewis-left-6-sons-from-first-marriage-out-of-will-report/ar-AAskqA1?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=mailsignout

An interview with one of the sons. This is looking similar to the way that Bing Crosby was with the four sons from his first marriage.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 15 Nov 2017, 12:20 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 15 Nov 2017, 12:31 pm

Aww, great actor, and brilliant at his comedy roles.  Loved the programme Duty Free.  Here he is with his co star in that programme, this pic taken not that long ago.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0274j8q/p0274hz3

Celebrity deaths - Page 26 P0274hz3

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 15 Nov 2017, 12:41 pm

I love how The Mail thought it was necessary to label which one was which in the photo of him with his wife and son!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 15 Nov 2017, 6:41 pm

Freedom wrote:I love how The Mail thought it was necessary to label which one was which in the photo of him with his wife and son!

I'm surprised you didn't shriek at the glaring grammatical error attributed to Gwen Taylor.

My thoughts and prayers go to his loving wife Mary and his son Jamie - whom meant so much to him.' 

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 20 Nov 2017, 9:18 am

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/tennis/former-wimbledon-champion-jana-novotna-has-died-aged-49-36335371.html&ved=0ahUKEwjXzI7L6MzXAhVEHxoKHWIUAmwQqOcBCCMwAg&usg=AOvVaw0efeEQcGn0L17n26RGkYYC

I remember so well the tears Jana shed when she lost to Steffi Graf in the ladies final at Wimbledon in 1993. She was old school tennis, a serve and volley player with great athleticism. She was only 49.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 20 Nov 2017, 9:44 am

chirpyinsect wrote:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/tennis/former-wimbledon-champion-jana-novotna-has-died-aged-49-36335371.html&ved=0ahUKEwjXzI7L6MzXAhVEHxoKHWIUAmwQqOcBCCMwAg&usg=AOvVaw0efeEQcGn0L17n26RGkYYC

I remember so well the tears Jana shed when she lost to Steffi Graf in the ladies final at Wimbledon in 1993. She was old school tennis, a serve and volley player with great athleticism. She was only 49.

Aww, me too chirpy, how very very sad, and how young she was to die.  She did lose twice in the finals, but won the championship in 1998.

Celebrity deaths - Page 26 _98824198_novotna_getty2

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 21 Nov 2017, 8:45 pm

Oh dear now Rodney Bewes from the Likely Lads has died.

Obituary: Rodney Bewes

Celebrity deaths - Page 26 _83708128_83708127

Rodney Bewes, who has died aged 79, found fame as the aspirational Bob in the BBC sitcom The Likely Lads.

Teaming Bewes with fellow actor, James Bolam, it regularly drew audiences of more than 20 million.

Despite the success of a sequel, the two fell out in spectacular style - effectively ending the chance of the series being continued.

It turned out to be the peak of Bewes's career and he later found himself reduced to playing a series of less distinguished roles.

Rodney Bewes was born in Bingley, Yorkshire, on 27 November 1937.

His family later moved to Luton in Bedfordshire where his schooling was often interrupted by ill-health.

He answered a newspaper letter from a BBC producer asking for children to appear in the Corporation's Children's Hour.

By the age of 14 he had appeared in a number of BBC TV productions including a role as Joe in a 1952 adaptation of The Pickwick Papers. He also secured a place at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art's preparatory school.
"All the kids were posh and they were the children of actors in the West End of London and I'm just this boy from Bingley, near Bradford, and broad Yorkshire," he later recalled.
After completing his National Service in the RAF he returned to Rada.
He financed his studies by washing up in hotels at night, something that caused him to fall asleep during the day which culminated in him being asked to leave the Academy.
He managed to secure some small stage roles, as well as parts in TV productions including Dixon of Dock Green, Emergency Ward 10 and Z Cars.

Aspirational

He made his film debut in 1962 in Prize of Arms, a yarn about a gang which attempts to rob an army payroll convoy. The film is notable for early performances by a number of later well-known actors including Tom Bell, Jack May, Michael Ripper and Fulton Mackay.
A year later he secured the role of Arthur Crabtree in Billy Liar, alongside his friend, Tom Courtenay.
It was the age of British cinema's so-called new wave when filmmakers were turning their attention to gritty working-class dramas and desperate for actors with regional accents.

Despite Bewes hailing from Yorkshire, rather than Tyneside, he was cast as Bob Ferris in The Likely Lads, a sitcom conceived by Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais.
His aspirational character was in direct contrast to that of his friend, Terry Collier, the workshy, cynical figure played by James Bolam. Much of the comedy revolved around Bob's attempts to become middle-class in the face of constant derision from Terry.
The final series ended in 1966 and Bewes played a number of TV parts and was also in films including Man in a Suitcase, Spring and Port Wine and a star-studded musical version of Alice in Wonderland in which he played the Knave of Hearts.
He spent a year as "Mr Rodney", who was one of a series of stooges for the puppet, Basil Brush, before creating and starring in the ITV sitcom Dear Mother... Love Albert. It showcased his skills as a scriptwriter and proved to be popular with audiences.

Incensed

In 1973 he teamed up with James Bolam again for Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads, a sequel to the original series.
The series saw Bolam's character Terry return from his time away in the army to discover that Bewes's Bob has bought his own house, secured a managerial job and is engaged to the boss's daughter.
Off stage the pair enjoyed a warm relationship.
"We were great friends," said Bewes.
"When my babies were born, his was the first house I went to."
In 1975 there was a film spin-off which proved to be the last time the pair worked together. Bolam was famous for guarding his privacy and was furious when Bewes let slip to a newspaper that Bolam's wife, the actress Susan Jameson, was pregnant.
Celebrity deaths - Page 26 _83715176_83708133Image caption Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads was even more successful than the original series
After a fraught phone call the two did not speak to each other again. Bolam was so incensed that he refused to appear on an edition of This Is Your Life, which featured his former acting partner.
"It's this actor's ego thing: he thinks he is important," Bewes once said.
"Actors aren't important. I'm not important; I have fun. I think Jimmy takes himself very seriously as an actor."
Bewes' acting career never again scaled the heights of Likely Lads. There were bit parts in the films Jabberwocky and The Wildcats of St Trinians and he was able to use his abilities as a serious actor in a 1980 TV adaptation of the Restoration play, 'Tis Pity She's a Whore.

Props

Earlier in his career he had appeared in productions of She Stoops to Conquer and there was a role in a 1984 production of George Gascoigne's play Big in Brazil at the Old Vic Theatre in London, with Prunella Scales and Timothy West.
In the same year he also appeared in a Doctor Who story entitled Resurrection of the Daleks. It was one of his last significant appearances on the small screen.
He had some stage success with his one-man shows, Three Men in a Boat and Diary of a Nobody, which he toured for more than a decade. He won a Stella Artois Prize for the former at the 1997 Edinburgh Festival.

His wife, the designer Daphne Black, whom he married in 1973, acted as his helper, setting up the stage and the props for his various performances.
Bewes never gave up on the idea of a revival of The Likely Lads, feeling that the characters were still relevant 40 years on.
"Instead of being the Likely Lads, we'd have been the Unlikeliest Granddads," he said.
"We would have been sitting on a park bench in a pair of grubby grey anoraks, feeding the pigeons and grumping about youngsters."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33181740

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:00 am

And now David Cassidy
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:47 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Nov 2017, 12:15 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 25 Nov 2017, 12:02 pm

More about David Cassidy.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/david-cassidys-daughter-katie-reveals-his-heartbreaking-final-words-after-the-partridge-family-star-passed-away-at-67/ar-BBFBqm8?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

A mention of that dreadfully embarrassing interview on British TV in 2015 when it was thought he was drunk but we now know may have been the result of dementia.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 06 Dec 2017, 9:15 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42247551

Not very well known in the U K though.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 06 Dec 2017, 9:25 am

This person certainly was well-known here but I didn't really understand why at the time; I knew it wasn't something to ask my mother about!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/christine-keeler-dead-woman-who-rocked-british-politics-during-profumo-affair-dies-aged-75/ar-BBGgZb0?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 06 Dec 2017, 4:54 pm

Oh, Johnny Halliday brings back so much memories from my youth and thereafter ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 10 Dec 2017, 1:34 pm

As mentioned on other thread, Max Clifford PR guru has died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42300593

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:25 pm

Breaking on BBC that Keith Cheggwin has died
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:38 pm

PMR wrote:Breaking on BBC that Keith Cheggwin has died

How sad, I thought he was a lovely funny man, and another one dying so young - RIP Keith Chegwin........

Keith Chegwin: Television presenter dies aged 60

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42313706

Here's a photo of the early swap shop days.....

Celebrity deaths - Page 26 Th?id=OIP.lqiKvg8TAcme9C7hXSdpiQEsDF&w=275&h=181&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 27 Dec 2017, 6:14 pm

You'll need to be a fan of the film version of Sound of Music for this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42479649

She's the one sitting on the end of the bed on the left.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next