MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in

+7
kylie
Bampots
bluebell
Andrew
Freedom
Admin
candyfloss
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in Empty Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in

Post  candyfloss Mon 08 Aug 2016, 9:28 am

It seems problems still around re this Online Guardian blocking IP addresses.  Forumotion have a few threads on this, it seems certain IP get passed to Online Guardian and are then blocked.  Forumotion know about this and hopefully will resolve it.  In the meantime you can post on the forumotion help site and they may unblock your IP with Guardian..  here are some links...

http://help.forumotion.com/t147856-member-having-problem-logging-on#1021174

http://help.forumotion.com/t147930-user-can-t-get-in-suspicious-activity-message#1021902

http://help.forumotion.com/t147932-another-person-struggling-with-suspicious-activity-log-in-block

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in Empty Re: Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in

Post  Admin Mon 08 Aug 2016, 7:16 pm

To Kylie

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulty with getting in. Have you tried clearing your browser history and cookies?

In reply to your message, yes, you cannot post as a guest on forumotion helpline, I think you just need to create a name and password to ask questions in there same as any other forum. Admin there may ask you to send a pm with your details and IP etc.. Hope that answers your queries.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in Empty Re: Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in

Post  candyfloss Mon 15 Aug 2016, 3:24 pm

@Kylie          and

@bluebell

I'm sorry you are still experiencing issues, which seem to be happening on other forums due to the online guardian and then forumotion banning certain IP etc..

Here is an explanation from forumotion member Brandon.

http://help.forumotion.com/t147946-only-topic-detected-suspicious-activity#1022552

wrote:Hello,

I can explain further for you on this.

What Ape is referring to is a blacklist esstentially that is made by google containing usernames, ip addresses, email addresses, etc that may be a spammer or something along those lines. Now every few months, FM's servers add updates and stuff on Google's huge list to its own blacklist/ban list. When this happens, we get alot if reports users all around the world in many different forums getting the message your user is getting and we need all the information asked above pmed to us so we can pass it onto to our pro staff in the head staff in the office and remove whatever is banned in regards to that user (username, email address, ip address, etc). Now being on the list may or may not have anything to do with your user, but regardless, the process is still the same.

Most of the time the cause is a username or a user who may use alot of different for whatever reason (sometimes this could not even be the users fault, but the users ISP, or something) and this causing them to be flagged and added to the ban list.

When you give us the info we asked for in the first post via pm, we pass it on to the pro staff in the head office like I said earlier, then they have to go in and check what (username, ip address, email address, etc) is banned and then manually remove it from the list. Once they do this, the issue is then usually resolved.

I hope this helps provide you and everyone else who reads this thread a better understanding of this black list/ban list is, how this issue comes about and how it is resolved. Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in Icon_smile

-Brandon

It seems sometimes they have removed names from list but issue starts again.  I will contact forumotion with the members details and see if they can sort it it.

In the meantime I am sorry for the problem - the only other way is to re-register under new name and email address, but even that may not work if it is the IP that is causing the problems.  All I can do is ask Forumotion and just scratch

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 15 Aug 2016, 4:39 pm

Oh dear, this is a nuisance.

I was going to suggest that people affected try to register anew. If the IP address is a problem, there are various proxy servers. This one is easy enough even for me to understand!

https://www.torproject.org/

P.S. Just thought that you might be able to log in with your existing user names if you use a proxy server.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 15 Aug 2016, 7:25 pm

Not sure if this is any help - but it worked for me when I couldn't log on.

I just went onto the settings on my laptop and cleared all the cookies and history etc. Gave it a good clean if you like. Then had no problems logging back on.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 17 Aug 2016, 9:48 pm

Welcome back bluebell - I see that you're online now.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 18 Aug 2016, 12:18 pm

Freedom wrote:Welcome back bluebell - I see that you're online now.

Thank you Freedom. It has been so frustrating, especially as I never log myself out anyway so it was done by some remote "thingy"

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 18 Aug 2016, 12:35 pm

Have you got it all fixed now then, Bluebell, from that Online Guardian malarkey....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 25 Aug 2016, 7:54 pm

Help.....I still cannot log in on my mobile phone ......and cannot participate in forum till home......and even then I'm on a wreck of an I pad that is ghosting!!!!! Please CF,freedom admin anyone HELP........ affraid affraid No

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 8:32 pm

Bampots wrote:Help.....I still cannot log in on my mobile phone ......and cannot participate in forum till home......and even then I'm on a wreck of an I pad that is ghosting!!!!! Please CF,freedom admin anyone HELP........ affraid affraid No

? Are you on classic or mobile version? Try the other one if one does not work Bampots. Other than that I am lost scratch

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 25 Aug 2016, 8:40 pm

Iam posting this from my iPad which ghosts and makes typing very difficult. Obviously Iam logged on.....but a couple of days ago I struggled to get on from here too!
My mobile shows the magazine type forum .....with posts labelled with answers and try as I may I cannot log in....my login even shows as typed in as I ticked always keep me logged on....but to no avail.
I have been in France recently for two weeks..???
Can you contact forumotion and pass this post......I am at a loss!!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 8:44 pm

Bampots wrote:Iam posting this from my iPad which ghosts and makes typing very difficult. Obviously Iam logged on.....but a couple of days ago I struggled to get on from here too!
My mobile shows the magazine type forum .....with posts labelled with answers and try as I may I cannot log in....my login even shows as typed in as I ticked always keep me logged on....but to no avail.
I have been in France recently for two weeks..???
Can you contact forumotion and pass this post......I am at a loss!!!!
Have you tried the usual, clear forum cookies, clear your browser history and cookies on your phone etc.

Try the classic version that should still be available on your phone, I think.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 9:00 pm

Bampots I have just tried the mobile phone version on my phone, I really don't like it at all and can't use it myself, I always have the classic version on mine anyway.

Two solutions.

If you want to stay on the mobile version (yuck Smile  there is the header in black with the forum title, next to it you will see three vertical lines underneath each other, click on that, that will then bring up a box saying...

Home
Classic Version

So either choose classic version of log in on the mobile version.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 25 Aug 2016, 9:05 pm

Still got that classic/mobile nonsense myself. As mentioned on the other thread. Very annoying. But I think I do need an upgrade on the phone.

Also, back to classic now to write this. If I log out then it still shows that I'm online. So have to revert back to mobile version to log off. Not that it really matters. Just pisses me off and annoying.

God knows where these poxy advert wotsits have appeared from.

I suppose though, for me anyway, I should never try and log on here when on phone and out.

Gods way of telling me to sod off.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 25 Aug 2016, 9:11 pm

I have tried all the things you mention.....several times a day infact....the same thing happens on CMOMM although that is a positive boon and not a problem......I personally think it is because of France that or Jim Gamble lol!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:00 pm

Nothing but trouble signing in again tonight! I have accepted that my phone is no go for the site and I have changed tablets ......but I just get firebombed every time I attempt to log in! I have an old tablet that I reset to factory settings and for the moment this has worked. The biggest nightmare is no one seems able to help! No

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:11 pm

I believe it is an issue with forumotion (surprise surprise) there is a thread on the support forum about the issue you are having.

I pity the forum owners that pay for their forums as the tech staff dont seem to be able to fix anything.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:12 pm

Wish I could help, Bampots, but I'm pretty useless with the I.T stuff.

I still can't log on using my phone without having to change to the mobile version because of those stupid adverts blocking my login details. The Online Guardian stuff seems to have gone though. For now anyway. Apart from that all ok.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:14 pm

I got automatic log out today (1st of the month) i was very surprised i could log in,i dont expect my luck to last.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 02 Sep 2016, 9:38 am

If anyone has trouble logging in because of an advert banner, don't click on the banner as usual, instead, click on the actual words username and password, yous won't see the letters as you type but you will see the blue line indicating to type as usual. This worked for me, hope it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:43 pm

kylie wrote:I got automatic log out today (1st of the month) i was very surprised i could log in,i dont expect my luck to last.

Same here kylie Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:53 pm

Are we talking this site,I can log in using a lappy and a tablet with no issues.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 02 Sep 2016, 6:00 pm

Heisenburg wrote:Are we talking this site,I can log in using a lappy and a tablet with no issues.

Well I'm talking of this site, and this site only Heisenburg. I no longer log out because when I used to I could never log in again. All that security thingy from Online Guardian that I just couldn't get past.

This has only been recent so am not sure why. I have no problem with other sites I'm on ???

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 02 Sep 2016, 6:06 pm

bluebell wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:Are we talking this site,I can log in using a lappy and a tablet with no issues.

Well I'm talking of this site, and this site only Heisenburg.   I no longer log out because when I used to I could never log in again.  All that security thingy from Online Guardian that I just couldn't get past.

This has only been recent so am not sure why.   I have no problem with other sites I'm on ???

Online Guardian made some changes with forumotion a bit back and this has caused the problems I think,  I did put links up in earlier posts.  They also changed the format for mobile phones just recently, and this has caused the log in to be obscured with adverts.  I think they know about this and are or will resolve it soon hopefully.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 02 Sep 2016, 6:12 pm

Thanks candyfloss.  I did read all the links you put up previously.   I only use a tablet  (occasionally) not i-pad, mostly lap top.  Don't know anything about the adverts as I have Ad-blocker on both.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next