MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHS (anything relating to it)

+13
costello
Hope
dannii
PMR
Freedom
Antonia
Thetruth
bluebell
Mimi
Poppy
Lioned
chirpyinsect
candyfloss
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NHS (anything relating to it) - Page 2 Empty Jeremy Hunt - NHS Crisis

Post  Mimi Mon 09 Jan 2017, 7:09 pm

Can you believe this little weasel -

"The Health Secretary also told the House of Commons that the NHS is "committed" to a four-hour waiting time in A&E - but can only guarantee this to those requiring urgent medical care."

Whaaaaaaaaaat !!!!   - someone requiring URGENT MEDICAL CARE should be treated IMMEDIATELY.  They could be dead or their illness made worse by waiting half an hour let alone 4 hours.

What a dickhead - and he`s trying to make something the Public`s problem rather than the government`s.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

NHS (anything relating to it) - Page 2 Empty Re:Jeremy Hunt.

Post  costello Mon 09 Jan 2017, 7:45 pm

That is an absolute disgrace! words fail me.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

NHS (anything relating to it) - Page 2 Empty Re: NHS (anything relating to it)

Post  candyfloss Mon 09 Jan 2017, 8:07 pm

He should be ashamed the prize idiot. Pictures tonight of people littering the corridors in hospitals.  Hours and hours wait at A & E aalso.  Mental health patients being turfed out to fend for themselves, and the poor elderly given 15 mins a day for all their personal care, to help them wash, dress, and have a meal - 15 MINS!!  It is a disgrace.

I had first hand experience before Christmas when I broke my arm - not an emergency as bad as some, but had to wait 4 hours.  They then finally x-rayed it and told me it was broken and sent me home with a couple of codeine and told me to come back the next day to fracture clinic  to get it put in plaster!  I was in agony all night.  There were 2 couples who held young children in their arms looking pretty ill, they too waited for hours.  Those hours could be the difference between life and death for a poor child.  No one assess you when you come in to see what the problem is, the grumpy receptionist just takes your name and tells you to take a seat and wait till your name is called.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

Understaffed. Underfunded. Over populated I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 09 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

Mimi wrote:Can you believe this little weasel -

"The Health Secretary also told the House of Commons that the NHS is "committed" to a four-hour waiting time in A&E - but can only guarantee this to those requiring urgent medical care."

Whaaaaaaaaaat !!!!   - someone requiring URGENT MEDICAL CARE should be treated IMMEDIATELY.  They could be dead or their illness made worse by waiting half an hour let alone 4 hours.

What a dickhead - and he`s trying to make something the Public`s problem rather than the government`s.
Surely the whole point if A and E is that it is for emergencies which, by definition, require urgent attention.
Perhaps if the government concentrated on valuing our medical professionals by sorting out the wastage within the NHS, offering contracts with a decent work life balance, providing walk in clinics for minor injuries, etc the pressure on the A and E departments would be eased and more money would be available for staffing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 8:20 pm

candyfloss wrote:He should be ashamed the prize idiot. Pictures tonight of people littering the corridors in hospitals.  Hours and hours wait at A & E aalso.  Mental health patients being turfed out to fend for themselves, and the poor elderly given 15 mins a day for all their personal care, to help them wash, dress, and have a meal - 15 MINS!!  It is a disgrace.

I had first hand experience before Christmas when I broke my arm - not an emergency as bad as some, but had to wait 4 hours.  They then finally x-rayed it and told me it was broken and sent me home with a couple of codeine and told me to come back the next day to fracture clinic  to get it put in plaster!  I was in agony all night.  There were 2 couples who held young children in their arms looking pretty ill, they too waited for hours.  Those hours could be the difference between life and death for a poor child.  No one assess you when you come in to see what the problem is, the grumpy receptionist just takes your name and tells you to take a seat and wait till your name is called.

I dunno, what with you and your arm and Getem waiting to have her leg amputated.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 09 Jan 2017, 8:38 pm

I don't think there is a waiting list to get a leg amputated, Shocked

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 09 Jan 2017, 8:41 pm

... What, Jill Havern is waiting to have her leg amputated?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 8:44 pm

That's what she's said in the Members Lounge. Diabetic complications. Kidney and liver failure too.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:01 pm

purple ronnie wrote:That's what she's said in the Members Lounge. Diabetic complications. Kidney and liver failure too.

I thought if you had a leg amputated it was as a result of bad accident, to stop spread of cancer, or gangrene. In every case there is not usually a wait, it is too serious. I don't get the waiting.... anyway very sorry to hear it, awful.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:52 pm

I am very sorry to hear that too.

A former work colleague of mine had to have a leg amputated at the knee because of diabetes.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm

Hi Some amputations are not quite as urgent as others , sometimes if a limb is not painful or acutely infected a surgeon may wait to let it find its own demarcation line between viable and none viable tissue rather than guess and have to operate again. Sometimes a limb may be ischemic without being gangrenous although that is always a potential complication
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:23 pm

Yes, PMR just been reading, had no idea. Someone has let me know the gist of what was said over there. Apparently all due to a corn plaster causing infection in the bone. How absolutely awful, I hope to goodness Jill does not have to have an amputation. Perhaps a miracle and it will get better. Best wishes to her.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm

Another problem with diabetes is it can affect sensation so someone may develop a sore and if it is not clearly visible it could become bad before they realise. Also healing is impaired in diabetes so once a problem starts it may be hard to resolve
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:02 pm

NHS (anything relating to it) - Page 2 C1w03dOWEAAa8NF

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:55 pm

There you go - he`s blaming everyone except the government.

A&E is where you go in EMERGENCIES - and an emergency does not mean waiting half an hour let alone 4 hours.

I am shocked to hear you were kept waiting that long Candyfloss when your arm was broken - it`s hellish painful too. If it was swollen they may have wanted to wait for the swelling to go down, but it should have been strapped up and you given mighty strong pain relief.

You wait - they will bring in private companies to sort this out - they already have for most things. My MRI was done by a private company and it was dreadful, they were staffed by immigrants who could hardly speak English and I was rushed through as if on a conveyor belt.

It`s already worse than ObamaCare because you never get to see the same doctor and cannot choose your doctor. I never get to see my GP anymore, unless I wait 4 weeks.

This is what National Insurance was supposed to be for. Why don`t they just increase the insurance stamp, I`m sure no one would mind if it meant getting a better NHS.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 12 Jan 2017, 7:31 pm

NHS crisis: 20 hospitals declare black alert as patient safety no longer assured

Cancer operations were cancelled and a birthing centre closed last week as hospitals declared top level alert to cope with overcrowding

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/11/nhs-crisis-20-hospitals-declare-black-alert-as-patient-safety-no-longer-assured

So is this the fault of the NHS or is it far to many people stretching resources.  Here are some comments from MSN site.

Pat Herbert ·
Townley Grammar School

The main reason for this crisis is that there are too many people living in this country and insufficient infrastructure to deal with it. Look at the rise in population over the past 10 years and the answer stares you in the face. And still they let more people pour in. It is having the same effect on housing, schools and all public services and all they can blame it on is the aging population. No-one seems to have the guts to address the real reason.

Mick Earnshaw
be carefull because the loony liberals will brand you as racist like they do me for saying exactly the same thing
· 21 · 9 hrs

John Cart
This is 100% correct, what we have is a population crisis not an NHS crisis, the NHS is properly funded for about 4 million less people that we actually have in the country so you don't need to be a genius to see where the problem lies.
 · 27 · 9 hrs

Gazz Henderson ·
School of Rock México

you are right we let so many people in every year , that have never paid tax or NI , yet they get treated , its bloody wrong

Michael Smith ·
CEO at Self-employed

Part of the problem with our hospitals is the language barrier. I have had to wait 45 minutes whilst an interpreter was found for a patient in front of me, I was not allowed to jump the queue as it would have be seen as racist to allow a white English person to be seen first. The NHS also had to pay for the translator.
Without wishing to appear racist, This is the UK and English should be used by staff and anyone who cannot speak or understand should bring someone who can with them, or be made to pay for translation services, furthermore they should not join the queue for treatment if they ha...

Gazz Henderson ·
School of Rock México

yep 100% and a lot of them have never paid tax or NI , but we have to wait , its bloody wrong , i was in A and E about 6 months ago in a lot of pain as were a lot of people there ,sat there about 4 hrs , dont know where these people were from but brown skin walked in ,they said you have to wait , well you would of thought world war 3 was on its way , they got seen straight away
· 13 · 9 hrs

Patrick Pettifer
I was offered a leaflet printed in 21 landuages which told me that I could have an interpreter.
· 5 · 5 hrs

Dean Stimpson
goverment should be ashamed for letting the hospitals get to this state, stop bloody wasting our money on other countries n use it here in uk to sort the mess out
 27 ·

Robert Deakin ·

Dean, get intouch with your MP or at least your councillor, and tell them to see someone about cutting out money for other countries.
· 7 · 7 hrs

Tony Woodhouse
I took my partner to hospital today for a minor op. Almost all the other patients were Polish and Eastern European.
· 2 · 1 hr

Jacky Vincent
I worked in the NHS for over 20 years and saw the constant misuse and waste of public funds. Senior management are paid way over what they should be as most are incompetent, consultancy firms are brought in for everything from staff surveys to the re-organisation of departments and headhunters are used for senior management posts all at the cost of thousands. I agree the rise in our popultation is putting all of our core services under great strain but the waste of public money in the NHS also plays a part in this problem.

Steve Robinson ·

yes totally agree one of the hospitals in Birmingham had a ward completly refitted, never used it then converted it to offices, another in Sandwell is due to be shutdown in the near future (or was) so what do they do, replace all the windows, same hospital the heating is belting out all day , the top floors are like an oven, even in winter so windows are open , hospitals really do need to be run as a business as far as he property services re conerned and dont get me started about the empire building that goes on between different departments.
 · 6 · 6 hrs

Gazz Henderson ·
School of Rock México

EU what is that about ,i go to spain i have to pay for treatment or have insurance , yet people can just come to the uk and get it for free, that needs to be stopped, that would free up some beds etc

Matt Carter ·
Guitarist at The Carnaby Army

Easy solution (which I doubt they would do as it may offend some people)
For NHS treatment, you must show ID and proof of national insurance, a UK health card for example. If you do not qualify then you receive no treatment, goodbye.
Shorter queues and less wasted money.
Unless of course it's an emergency and proof is not unavailable. In which case a bill will be sent if person/s who do not qualify.

Dorothy Morgan ·
Ginestar, Cataluna, Spain

Post in patient care for the elderly has been almost zero for years now. A large proportion of state funded homes for the elderly have been closed to make the situation worse. The government must reintroduce rehabilitation hospitals as were common up to the late seventies and were slowly closed down. Without this, acute hospital care will become worse and worse and this situation will become common place.

Angela Williams ·
None

I agree with you, not spitting distance from where I live there is a beautiful "cottage hospital" that was used as a maternity place then used as recuperation place but then, the beaurocratic rot set in and the lovely little hospital was closed...what a shame...as these places could ease a tiny amount off the main hospitals...
 · 5 · 6 hrs

Steve Robinson ·

Angela Williams but very expensive to run
· 6 hrs

Christine Thompson ·

At least NHS England and Wales are informing the public about the problems whereas the SNP led Scottish Assembly who are directly responsible for the NHS in Scotland constantly deny similar problems. The standard of care in Scotland has deteriorated drastically in the last ten years, they were warned about it when it could have been rectified and they did nothing. They remain in denial.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 12 Jan 2017, 7:37 pm

..... And our dear leader, Mrs. May, said in parliament yesterday that there will be no more money allocated to the NHS, saying some Trusts are able to manage their budgets without any problems.

I`m really going off her.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

NHS (anything relating to it) - Page 2 Empty NHS Cyber Attack

Post  Andrew Fri 12 May 2017, 3:43 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4500080/NHS-computer-systems-phones-cyber-attack.html

BREAKING NEWS: Computer systems and phones are down in hospitals across England as NHS is hit by large-scale cyber attack

By MARTIN ROBINSON, UK CHIEF REPORTER FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 15:31, 12 May 2017 | UPDATED: 15:36, 12 May 2017

The NHS has been hit by a major cyber attack and criminals have taken control of computers and cut off phone lines across England.
Medics have claimed that messages are flashing up on screens saying they must pay cash or terminals are down completely.
NHS England has confirmed that it has been attacked but would not give any further details.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 12 May 2017, 3:47 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 12 May 2017, 3:53 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Fri 12 May 2017, 4:22 pm

Freedom wrote:This sounds very alarming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39899646

Let's go back to paper records, much more secure. On the plus side wonder if they could have a look at a certain innocent little girl's records.

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Fri 12 May 2017, 6:51 pm

Work tomorrow could be interesting !
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 12 May 2017, 6:59 pm

PMR wrote:Work tomorrow could be interesting !

Are you a nurse, or an IT consultant?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next