MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump news

+12
AndyB
Mo
Guinea Pig
unreorganised
bluebell
Andrew
Châtelaine
Admin
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Freedom
Mimi
16 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Donald Trump news - Page 3 Empty Re: Donald Trump news

Post  bluebell Mon 14 Nov 2016, 1:31 pm

Guinea Pig wrote:I did think about running for the office but I wasn't born in the right country, alas.

Don't let that stop you GP - if I remember there has always been some query of where Obama was born too. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Mon 14 Nov 2016, 3:06 pm

Clinton is 2 million ahead in the popular vote ...
But that did not or is going to help her to win.
A ridiculous law, deep into their constitution.
It's about time to change IMO

ETA AFAIK this only happened 5 times so far, three of which in the 19th century, one in 2000 and now it's her.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:28 am

I thank goodness Clinton did not get in - imagine if she had - more years of her corrupt `experience`, more provoking of Putin, more interfering in other country`s business, more war mongering, more collusion with Saudi Arabia, more financing of Syrian `moderates`, more build-up of NATO, more propaganda against Assad, more threats to kill Julian Assange etc. etc.

At least Trump is reversing all that. The only thing I worry about with him is that he talked about backing out of the Paris Environmental Agreement - I just hope he won`t. If you watch interviews with him over the years he has not waivered in his disgust of governments since the Bush and Clinton clans.

I backed him all the way through (and won £100 in betting he`d win !).

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:42 am

I agree Mimi, I have just been reading about his phone call to Putin.  All good imo, as you say Clinton would have been the opposite, looking for trouble.  I was not really enamoured with either of them, but out of the two he is the better one imo.  At least we should give him a chance.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:35 pm

I agree totally about Clinton. She is about as dangerous as it gets. But Trump has Pence as his VP who is against same sex marriage and advocates conversion therapy for LGBT people. I reckon he is Trump's insurance policy as nobody would want Pence as President. Maybe the Donald isn't so daft.
Can't remember who said it but apparently the office of VP is about as effectual as a bucket of warm p**s, so hopefully none of Pence's policies will come to fruition. Otherwise it is back to the dark ages.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 15 Nov 2016, 4:08 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
I agree totally about Clinton. She is about as dangerous as it gets. But Trump has Pence as his VP who is against same sex marriage and advocates conversion therapy for LGBT people. I reckon he is Trump's insurance policy as nobody would want Pence as President. Maybe the Donald isn't so daft.
Can't remember who said it but apparently the office of VP is about as effectual as a bucket of warm p**s, so hopefully none of Pence's policies will come to fruition. Otherwise it is back to the dark ages.

OMG, that`s as bad as conversion and/or aversion therapy for homosexuals - I didn`t know he held such views - rather fundamentalist eh.  Maybe Trump chose him to appeal to all the puritans and happy clappers, Will, ya`all praise the lord.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 15 Nov 2016, 4:14 pm

He does sound a right charmer - unfortunately there are lots of people who will support him for his views.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/10/mike-pence-promotes-christian-theocracy/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 15 Nov 2016, 4:23 pm

Freedom wrote:He does sound a right charmer - unfortunately there are lots of people who will support him for his views.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/10/mike-pence-promotes-christian-theocracy/

Thanks for the link Freedom. You`d never tell just by looking at him that he was that way inclined - and guess what - he`s a creationist. Rolling Eyes He sounds as backward as the fundamentalist muhammedans.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 15 Nov 2016, 5:31 pm

Boys & girls [and everything between them]: these are going to be difficult times ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 1:44 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3960644/Trump-NOT-purse-investigations-Hillary-Donald-Trump-help-heal-s-good-thing.html

Donald Trump will not sic federal investigators on Hillary Clinton once he's in the White House.
Kellyanne Conway, a senior official on the Republican's presidential campaign and now his transition team, told Morning Joe the president-elect has a lot on his mind and 'things that sound like the campaign aren't among them.'
'I think Hillary Clinton still has to face the fact that a majority of Americans don't find her to be honest or trustworthy, but if Donald Trump can help her heal, then perhaps that's a good thing,' Conway said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3960742/Washington-pizza-shop-bombarded-threats-online-trolls-bizarre-rumors-Hillary-Clinton-used-abuse-children-there.html

A Washington pizzeria has been bombarded with threats from online trolls following bizarre rumors on fake news sites that Hillary Clinton abused children there.
Staff at the Comet Ping Pong restaurant in the capital have been receiving messages on social media and even via text messages with some threatening to kill them.
The owner of the restaurant James Alefantis was at first at a loss as to why him and his workers were receiving abusive messages and why some even saw pictures of their children stolen from social media accounts.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 18 Dec 2016, 3:15 pm

I am going to pop this in here.  I know it is an old thread and not my intention to resurrect but perhaps someone might be interested in John Pilger's viewpoint.
Always thought a lot of John Pilger, seemed one of the more intelligent and questioning journalists imo.

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=81e01f026144a7a39810a239b&id=45d349d7e6&e=58b00bd388

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 18 Dec 2016, 4:00 pm

Thanks for that bluebell - very interesting and IMO John Pilger is someone to be believed.  A proper journalist.

I`m going to save that piece.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump news - Page 3 Empty Trumped at the post!

Post  Châtelaine Fri 30 Dec 2016, 2:50 pm

O.K. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
You can delete my previous comment.

So as to not start WWIII, which seems about to be happening in the real world with Trump, Obama and Putin. I'm thinking about  ordering a 1,000 liters of mineral water, 50 kilos of rice, 20 kilos of flour, 20 kilos of sugar, 20 kilos of milkpowder, 20 kilos od eggpowder, a good quantity of vodka & red wine ... and a cyanide pill :-(

Trump is an idiot, Obama is challenging and Putin reacts within the day.
Completely off topic, I know.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 30 Dec 2016, 4:45 pm

I have transferred your post from the CMoMM topic, Chatelaine.

Does anyone want to discuss their fears now that what seemed to impossible (Trump being elected) has happened?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Fri 30 Dec 2016, 4:57 pm

Thanks, Freedom for putting this in the right place.

ACTUALLY, this afternoons news is that Putin will NOT retaliate with deporting 35 USA diplomats [after Obama did so with 35 Russians]. But he'll will talk about it with Trump once president.

I don't know what to think anymore. Getting memories of the "cold war", when I was [much] younger.

I'd like to meet Putin here, whose very clever, and see if he could beat me with a game of chess ;-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 30 Dec 2016, 5:02 pm

I remember talk of the cold war and the iron curtain when I was a child and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thought that there was a literal iron curtain.

I think that Trump might surprise us by not being as bad as feared. The main worry is, that if anything happens to him, we'd have Mike Pence taking over.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Fri 30 Dec 2016, 5:08 pm

If only, Freedom, if only ...
It's like having to chose from two bads.

Well, actually I shouldn't share this.
"Don't discuss football, religian and politics" ... is a life-saver ;-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 30 Dec 2016, 6:23 pm

No cheating please!

Who are the only two presidents (post 1945 anyway) who weren't re-elected when the four years were up and so only had one term in office? Not JFK as he wasn't in a position to be re-elected.

Also, which 20th century president was never actually elected at all?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 30 Dec 2016, 7:38 pm

I vaguely remember the cold war but we didn`t have a tele and I never listened to any talk on the radio.  I was probably a dim witted teen back then, only interested in boys. We didn`t have lectures on what to do in the case of an atomic bomb being dropped - like the Americans did.

But as to today, I was relieved Trump won - I could see all these wars in the middle east continuing if Hilary had won.  At least with Trump there could be some accord with Russia.  It beats me why some people are desperate to maintain them as an enemy.  There was a good discussion on Cross Talk last week about it entitled `Blaming Putin`.

Obama is acting like a child expelling 35 Russian Ambassadors and prolonging this fake Russia story.  It`s been proved who leaked the documents to Wiki and it was not the Russians.  At least Putin isn`t reciprocating.

The only thing that worries me about Trump is that he has shown support for Netanyahou who, IMO, is just a bully and a land grabber.  If you see the map of Palestine in 1946 and see it now, the Israelis have nearly taken the whole of the land. It`s the Israeli government and not the people - a lot of Israelis don`t like what their government is doing and would like to live in peace with the palestinians. I`m glad the Americans put a stop to Israel`s land grabbing in the recent vote at the UN.  But I expect Trump will reverse it.  All this over what someone said in the bible 2/3000 years ago. Rolling Eyes  Religion has a lot to answer for.

ETA: Have corrected title of Cross Talk Programme - it`s `Blaming Putin`

Last edited by Mimi on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 30 Dec 2016, 7:39 pm

Freedom wrote:No cheating please!

Who are the only two presidents (post 1945 anyway) who weren't re-elected when the four years were up and so only had one term in office? Not JFK as he wasn't in a position to be re-elected.

Also, which 20th century president was never actually elected at all?

Was one the peanut farmer - forgotten his name - got it - Carter

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 30 Dec 2016, 7:40 pm

Wasn`t Nixon impeached? Was it him ?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 30 Dec 2016, 9:52 pm

Jimmy Carter is one of the two.

The other one isn't Richard Nixon who was re-elected but resigned during his second term.

A clue for the other one-termer - he's still alive.

The non-elected president died in 2006.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 30 Dec 2016, 9:57 pm

Is his surname the make of a well known car?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 30 Dec 2016, 10:00 pm

You're too young to remember!

Yes, Gerald Ford was never elected president - he was Richard Nixon's vice-president and lost to Jimmy Carter when he stood for election in his own right.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next