MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown

+27
Neveronasunday
pennylane
seahorse
Mo
maesi
candyfloss
poster
Poe
Heisenburg
TheTruthWillOut
kylie
Dee Coy
Hellsbells
costello
joyce1938
nannygroves
Châtelaine
Guinea Pig
chirpyinsect
Freedom
Bampots
dogs don't lie
Walt
Andrew
DarkestDawn
Mimi
Praia de Suiza
31 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown - Page 15 Empty Re: Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 1:17 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown - Page 15 Empty Re: Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown

Post  AndyB Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:29 pm

Pat Brown\" wrote:
Scotland Yard now states that they only have one line of inquiry left to wrap up (and it is not about the McCanns)
I wasn't aware they'd given any indication as to what the final lead is about (although I believe she's correct)
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:43 pm

They haven't.

Pat is just guessing without being able to back it up.

How many publishers has she approached about her book out of interest?

She only see's fit to publish 2 half-arsed responses.

Not having a pop at her... Just saying/asking.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 10:03 pm

Just seen that Pat has sent an e-mail to Tony in response to Tony's sock, Verdi, answering a few questions about the book, which Tony has posted up and his sock, Verdi, has responded back. Anyway enough of that nonsense but she mentioned 'Smashwords' that have published her book a while back. Never heard of them nor have I ever read Pat's book.

A quick google search and you can read the first 44 pages of it (if anyone is interested). Or you can just but it for a few squids.

https://www.smashwords.com/extreader/read/76820/1/profile-of-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 11 Aug 2016, 8:32 am

Andrew wrote:Just seen that Pat has sent an e-mail to Tony in response to Tony's sock, Verdi, answering a few questions about the book, which Tony has posted up and his sock, Verdi, has responded back. Anyway enough of that nonsense but she mentioned 'Smashwords' that have published her book a while back. Never heard of them nor have I ever read Pat's book.

A quick google search and you can read the first 44 pages of it (if anyone is interested). Or you can just but it for a few squids.

https://www.smashwords.com/extreader/read/76820/1/profile-of-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann

Welcome back from your hols Andrew. Hope you had a nice time.
The link you provided only lets us read the first 4 pages although you can flick through 44 of them. From page 4 on it encourages us to purchase the book to read further.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Aug 2016, 8:47 am

Good morning, Chirpy. Splendid thanks.

Yes, so it is. I didn't get round to reading any of it last night but just showing the first 4 pages is a bit naff.

This is a comment left on Pat's blog:

TNH said...
Hi Pat, I am involved on a couple of forums discussing the disappearance of Madeleine and hoping upon hope that she recieves the justice she so deserves. Señor Amaral's English translation of the book, Truth Of The Lie, has been widely shared with his permission via the Internet and forums. Would you consider doing this? Obviously Señor Amaral loses his royalties when shared in this way, but his concern was about getting Maddie's disappearance and the truth of the investigation out there. I am sure you would find many, many people interested in reading your book.

Pat has skirted around answering that question directly but why doesn't she share her book out there like that for all to see?

Is she more bothered about losing potential ££££ in sales or something.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown - Page 15 Empty Re:Pat Brown blog spot-why McCanns love conspiracy theorists .

Post  costello Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:01 am

I read that comment last night Andrew, and I tend to agree with you. I do think she should share her book, although she may have other reasons for not doing so.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:04 am

Hi Costello. Yes - I'm sure if she really wanted to she could of quite easily done so.

So to me it just boils down to money. Money that she thinks she will lose out on.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:06 am

There is an absolute open goal available for the first person to write a decent book about this case.

I'd do it myself, but I can't be bothered.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:16 am

unreorganised wrote:There is an absolute open goal available for the first person to write a decent book about this case.

I'd do it myself, but I can't be bothered.

Absolutely. I'm very surprised that more people haven't taken that risk factor and gone for it.

Likewise I guess.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown - Page 15 Empty Thoughts on the case from crime expert Pat Brown

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Mar 2017, 10:19 am

2:50pm March 14, 2017

Maddie McCann: Abduction theories blasted as 'ridiculous' by US crime expert

Scotland Yard has wasted almost $20 million investigating "ridiculous" theories that Madeleine McCann was abducted, according to a US criminal profiler.
Pat Brown, a profiler of cold cases in America and a regular guest on major US TV networks, said she was baffled by British police who failed to carry out a "proper investigation".
Operation Grange was launched by London Metropolitan Police in 2011, after Madeleine McCann vanished without trace from her family's Portuguese holiday apartment in May 2007.

The case, which continues to fascinate the world, remains unsolved.

"What Scotland Yard was doing was not a proper investigation," Brown told Nine.com.au.
"Scotland Yard went in saying the McCanns are not suspects, and that [the disappearance of Maddie] is an abduction. There is absolutely no way you should have entered an investigation saying that."
Scotland Yard is one of the world's most respected crime fighting agencies, making its approach doubly confusing, Brown said.
"Their focus has always been there was an abduction and we're going after a kidnapper."

Everyone, including parents Gerry and Kate, should have been suspects when Operation Grange was opened following a 2011 request by now British Prime Minister Theresa May, Brown said.
"They spent a tremendous amount of time following the most ridiculous leads ever. It was like watching a massive charade.
"To this day it's made no sense. They've spent an incredible sum of money going absolutely nowhere, coming up with absolutely nothing – not even a piece of evidence to add to the evidence we already know about."
This week Operation Grange was granted another $137,200 to cover operational costs through to September 17, a period that will include the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance on May 3, 2007.

An unnamed source inside Operation Grange, which to date has been funded to the tune of $17.9m by the British government, claimed it was "a last throw of the dice".
Brown told Nine.com.au she believed Scotland Yard was handed a political football, where the results of the investigation did not matter.
The American profiler has spent countless hours poring over the entirety of official case files that were released by Portugal's Policia Judiciaria. She has also visited the town of Praia Da Luz.
Policia Judiciaria investigated the disappearance of Maddie, who would now be aged 13, between 4 May 2007 and 21 July 2008.

In September 2007 Gerry and Kate were sensationally named as 'arguidos' (a person being questioned under caution) by Portuguese police.

Goncalo Amaral, the detective who headed up the original investigation, claimed Gerry and Kate McCann covered up their daughter’s death in his book and a documentary.

The McCanns, who have always staunchly declared their innocence, last month lost their court battle to silence the former detective.

Brown met with Amaral while she was in Praia Da Luz, exploring key locations and surrounding areas relating to the case.

"There is evidence to lead one to believe the top theory should be Madeleine is dead," declared Brown.

She said, having looked at all the evidence, there was "zero sign of abduction".
Operation Grange has investigated theories involving child sex traffickers and Maddie's abduction by burglars or pedophiles.
The child trafficking theory was initially raised by private investigators hired by the McCanns in 2007.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/03/14/14/50/maddie-madeleine-mccann-abduction-theories-blasted-as-ridiculous-by-us-crime-expert-pat-brown

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Tue 14 Mar 2017, 11:43 am

"What Scotland Yard was doing was not a proper investigation," Brown told Nine.com.au.
"Scotland Yard went in saying the McCanns are not suspects, and that [the disappearance of Maddie] is an abduction. There is absolutely no way you should have entered an investigation saying that."
Scotland Yard is one of the world's most respected crime fighting agencies, making its approach doubly confusing, Brown said.
"Their focus has always been there was an abduction and we're going after a kidnapper.

WRT "What Scotland Yard was doing was not a proper investigation,", Pat Brown is correct: The examination of criminal activity is, and always was, the responsibility of the Portuguese - not OG. but what OG could do is examine and disprove all the abduction tales, saving the PJ from a thankless task.

WRT "Scotland Yard went in saying the McCanns are not suspects, and that [the disappearance of Maddie] is an abduction. There is absolutely no way you should have entered an investigation saying that.": Given that the PJ weren't (and presumably still aren't) ready, it would be the worst possible thing to let the McCanns know they're being investigated. It's a case of 'look over there, not here' which has apparently successfully fooled Pat Brown (and hopefully the McCanns too).

The latest funding is IMO a 'holding operation', but what OG are waiting for is of course unknowable to us.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 14 Mar 2017, 12:42 pm

Excellent from Pat.

This surprising article in today's Sun won't make the McCanns very comfortable either.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2238940/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-age-kidnapping-theories/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 15 Mar 2017, 6:54 am

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/the-only-madeleine-mccann-theory-that-stacks-up/news-story/44291faa8d69db7e9d6b6a40fe4b5205

Madeleine McCann claims the three-year-old was not abducted.
Investigative Criminal Profiler and Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann author Pat Brown told news.com.au that Scotland Yard bungled the investigation and slammed the crime fighting agency for “wasting time and money” on Madeleine’s case.
“Madeleine is dead,” Ms Brown said.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 15 Mar 2017, 8:06 am

Maybe, just maybe, OG are ruling out every Tom, Dick and Harry for the PJ which also helps Portugal with the financing??

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:42 pm

Pat has posted on her Facebook page to clarify what she actually said.

Note: I did not actually state to the reporter that "Madeleine McCann is Dead." What I said was that there is no evidence she is alive over the last ten years, the evidence points to an accidental death in the vacation flat, and even if she were abducted, it is overwhelmingly likely she would have been taken by a child sex predator who would have killed her within three hours."

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 16 Mar 2017, 9:42 am

Pat appeared on an Australian TV programme yesterday.

If you are in Australia, I will be on Sunrise at 7:41 AM Sydney time (4:41 pm est) talking about the Madeleine McCann case. #mccann

She has since posted this on Facebook.

Pat Brown My segment of the show was geo-blocked by the network's lawyers, so certain places in the world cannot see the clip. If anyone in Australia has tape it and can put up a clip on YouTube or get it to me, I would most appreciate
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Mar 2017, 12:23 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 17 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

Thanks for that Freedom very interesting.  Interesting too how the interviewer says the UK media will not talk to her. 

Does anyone know how to upload it?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 17 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

Just watched that now as well. Also she's not been allowed on American TV for 7 years (or words to that effect).....

The presenters right at the end were a bit annoying. And just plain stupid to be fair.  

Not sure how to upload that.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 17 Mar 2017, 7:13 pm

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB  · 28m  

'Colossal Cover- Up? Criminal Expert: 'Madeleine McCann is Dead' #McCann

http://radaronline.com/videos/madeleine-mccann-missing-died-apartment/

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 18 Mar 2017, 1:25 pm

Where's all the latest posts gone....?

If you mean the copyright issues with the book, they're on their own topic.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 18 Mar 2017, 3:52 pm

I mean the recent articles from the MSM about that Pierre chap (or whatever his name is) and not sure why the recent Sun article has to be moved behind closed doors.... ? scratch

You're not going to get sued by the McCanns for publishing a link to the Sun Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 18 Mar 2017, 3:59 pm

MPW Jr has his own topic.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1802-marco-pierre-white-jr-blasts-the-mccanns#81880

I didn't notice that Kate's book was on a members only topic so I've changed that.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 18 Mar 2017, 4:09 pm

That's odd as that new link doesn't appear in the latest news....? Well not for me anyway.. scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next