MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news

+25
AndyB
Admin
chrissie
dannii
Dee Coy
froggy
Bampots
Mimi
mumof6
niklasericson
What's_up_doc?
Poe
candyfloss
Helenmeg
Heisenburg
unreorganised
saloongirl
dogs don't lie
chirpyinsect
bluebell
Antonia
Châtelaine
hesla
Freedom
Andrew
29 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news

Post  Poe Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:00 am

Have they reported the trolls to the police?

It seems very unfair to the thousands of McCann supporters that one of the few vehicles they have for publicly expressing their support, not to mention raising awareness that money is needed Madeleine is missing, is removed because a tiny minority who can be banished at the press of a key.

The outpouring of love and support from the thousands must surely outweigh the one or two "hateful" messages.

I admit that I was impressed with the spectacular meltdown by the webmaster (who is not Kate) though Very Happy

(For the avoidance of doubt - there may be some sarcasm in this post lol!  )

Back to top Go down

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:16 am

There may have been some abusive, libellous posts and there is no excuse for those but most I reckon are from people who just want answers - honest ones, not the usual McCann version of the truth.

On reflection, that comment about "to save my mental health" probably equates to what lesser mortals would say in jest " you're driving me mad" or "you're doing my head in". I have certainly had a few of those moments with wind-up merchants in the past!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:30 am

Nicked from Twitter again:

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 3 Pg310
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:39 am

"He who is sick of trolls should move out from under the bridge." - Confucius (possibly).
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:47 am

unreorganised wrote:"He who is sick of trolls should move out from under the bridge." - Confucius (possibly).

Or 3 Billy Goats Gruff.

A better and more convincing fairy-tale than the McCann's version of events by the way.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:51 am

From that comment from the (off her) trolley woman (Pam) it seems that she is indeed the webmaster on the Facebook page.

I can picture prospective new members being given the third degree before they're allowed in.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:55 am

PG won't be the webmaster of the OFM. 2nd in command maybe.

No idea where that was from.... Just nicked it off Twitter. I thought there were a few different 'support' FB groups out there.... But no idea again really. scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:12 am

Yes, on reflection, she doesn't appear to be talking about the official McCann page. She mentions admitting a new member who has survived being questioned about their motives but, with the official site, you comment without being a member.

Of course, you get blocked if you say anything that doesn't agree with the recognised load of old nonsense.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:17 am

I can't think of a worse job in the current climate than being the McCanns' internet Aunt Sally. She must be off her trolley - pardon the pun!
What's_up_doc?
What's_up_doc?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:26 am

Her name is most appropriate as a gurney is a hospital trolley.

Pam must have fallen off hers a long time ago.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:28 am

LOL
What's_up_doc?
What's_up_doc?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:35 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:22 pm

Andrew wrote:An old blog from 2015 but will stick it up:

http://laidbareblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/pamela-im-not-on-twitter-gurney.html
Thanks for the links - I imagined a well-meaning but deluded do-gooder - obviously got that wrong! She's milking the sympathy and the bleeding hearts are responding on cue!
What's_up_doc?
What's_up_doc?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:31 pm

Gerry and Kate McCann make huge u-turn following online abuse

http://www.unilad.co.uk/news/gerry-and-kate-mccann-make-huge-u-turn-following-online-abuse/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:33 pm

Marie Perry‏ @Sasha_saffron · 37m37 minutes ago

OFM down again! #McCann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

A spoof page,

Bananamouze‏ @Bananamouze · 2h2 hours ago

#mccann

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 3 C7cRHvbW4AEJkPj

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 21 Mar 2017, 3:16 pm

Freedom wrote:I'd love to know who the webmaster is - sounds like a woman from the rants I've seen in the past; maybe even Pam Gurney?

Pam Gurney and Kate Holt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Mar 2017, 3:45 pm

Abduction nonsense story transferred out.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1408-abductions-like-madeleine-mccann-nonsense-stories

Purple Ronnie: do you know what Pam Gurney's other Facebook McCann page is - the one where you have to be accepted as a member?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:44 pm

I understand from the grandly renamed Digital Coordinator that posts don't now appear until they've been checked so those which don't toe the official garbage line won't see the light of day.

"Seeing comments today, I was reminded of this post by Cindy Murphy. Thank you to those who come here to be supportive and loving.
In an effort to keep the page positive and so others do not have to see negative comments, the page is now in full moderation. All posts will be moderated going forward. I apologise to those who do post positive comments, but it's the only way to keep the page published and not have to monitor 24/7.
Thank you for understanding and your continued support in the search for Madeleine.
~Official Find Madeleine Campaign, Digital Coordinator (formerly FM Webmaster)"

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17434870_10155149532369931_5037750005140479113_o.jpg?oh=cbe88a77fb29125ba7609bfdbf43ef6d&oe=59639610
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

..... Digital Coordinator Laughing

What a load of rubbish.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:02 pm

I googled "buy facebook followers" and top of the results page is this site:
https://www.socialviral.co.uk/shop/UK-Facebook-Page-Likes-c9958295

They charge £299.95 for 10,000 likes.

Perhaps the supporters vanished because OFM have stopped paying for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm

Very Happy

Yep, sounds about right.

It was pretty obvious from day dot that they used to buy up all these 'likes'.

Ridiculous load of nonsense. Sad gets.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:44 pm

Andrew wrote:..... Digital Coordinator Laughing

What a load of rubbish.

Ha! Giving us all the finger, as it were.
Digit...finger....obscure I know but.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next