MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funding requests for Operation Grange

+13
poster
unreorganised
candyfloss
Mimi
PMR
Freedom
chrissie
Lee T G
niklasericson
Antonia
Poe
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Funding requests for Operation Grange Empty Funding requests for Operation Grange

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 1:07 pm

Sky News Breaking‏Verified account @SkyNewsBreak · 30m30 minutes ago  

Scotland Yard has asked the Home Office for another six months of funding to support its joint operation with Portuguese police in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

So you then ask yet more for a cover up as some claim, methinks not!

Last edited by candyfloss on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 8:02 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Funding requests for Operation Grange Empty Re: Funding requests for Operation Grange

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 1:43 pm

BREAKING Madeleine McCann detectives 'ask UK government for six months' for search

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/729405/Maddie-Madeleine-McCann-police-disappearance

The video on this link above, caller (on the Wright Stuff programme) has strong views on McCann case!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Funding requests for Operation Grange Empty Re: Funding requests for Operation Grange

Post  Guest Thu 13 Sep 2018, 6:07 pm

Operation Grange could be investigating in a genuine manner. I think it depends on the political climate. The police were using sniffer dogs and digging for a body in 2014. How could they dismiss the original dog's findings and do this? If Grange's purpose is a cover-up why look for a body at all? Wouldn't they just come up with some dead pedo and imply she was trafficked somewhere ( as per the constant media stories).

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 8:32 pm

Oh dear a complete contradiction in the Sun...….

NO REQUEST MADE
Madeleine McCann probe blow as Home Office DENIES police have requested more cash to hunt for missing girl as funding running out

The government said it's received no formal request for more funding in the search for Maddie, who disappeared on a family holiday to Portugal in 2007

By Sam Christie
13th September 2018, 7:45 pm
Updated: 13th September 2018, 8:11 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7249512/madeleine-mccann-met-police-home-office-funding-search/

61 comments at bottom of this article.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 8:35 pm

[from article]

The Met Police said earlier this week it was 'in dialogue' with the Home Office over more funding to carry on the 11-year hunt - which has cost £11million to date.

But the Home Office today told The Sun Online no formal request has been made.

A spokesman said: "To date no request has been received from the Metropolitan Police Service to extend funding for Operation Grange beyond the end of September 2018."

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:17 pm

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1040202401565868032?s=19
Sky News Breaking‏Verified account @SkyNewsBreak
Scotland Yard has asked the Home Office for another six months of funding to support its joint operation with Portuguese police in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann
4:35 am - 13 Sep 2018

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:21 pm

Bampots wrote:https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1040202401565868032?s=19
Sky News Breaking‏Verified account @SkyNewsBreak
4:35 am - 13 Sep 2018
I posted that earlier Bampots, and the Sun had the headline as well.  Now this story is newer updated only an hour ago, and it seems the Home office don't seem to know about it? Shocked   Weird or what!

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:24 pm

sorry CF just jumped in on the thread.....shouldve read it all.....but seeing as they both belong to Rupert i can only assume it games as usual!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:52 pm

The comments under the article are very near the knuckle. So why is the Sun allowing such comments when some are imo libellous, and overstep the mark.  Is it to show  the 'trolls' or another reason, hmmm.   I won't copy any here, they could be judged libellous.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:00 pm

Question asked about funding in the House of Lords tonight......

Mark Saunokonoko‏Verified account @saunokonoko · 3m3 minutes ago  

#McCann Met Police Service have not to date requested further funds for Operation Grange, Minister of State (Home Office) confirms in House of Lords today. Op Grange funding set to expire end of September.

Funding requests for Operation Grange DnAKoa8UcAEWr5c

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:06 pm

I'll just keep talking to myself on this thread then.

Excellent from Dave Hall on twitter...…..  OO-err indeedy!

DaveHall‏ @DaveHallCoLtd · 2m2 minutes ago  

Oo-er... #McCann

Funding requests for Operation Grange DnAL_F4XgAIAMPn

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:09 pm

I wonder if there is a cut-off point of requesting more funding and if so is it right up to 11:59PM on the 30th?

If it really is the end of Grange the really big question is simple:

1, End of investigation and no action

Or

2, End of investigation and actions to swiftly follow.

Or

3, It left unanswered. Everyone left in limbo.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 14 Sep 2018, 12:22 am

I have no faith at all in the investigation. So far £11 million of tax payer's money has been spent to achieve what, exactly?

I think OG know what happened - more or less - and have done since quite early on. The Portuguese police did the early leg-work.

The whole thing is a total FARCE and I think it is scandalous that public money is still being squandered on this case.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:26 am

In my opinion the whole thing is allowed to rumble on in order to keep those compromised by it in their box. For that reason OG are unable to solve it, whether they want to/are trying to, or not.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:33 am

candyfloss wrote:[from article]

The Met Police said earlier this week it was 'in dialogue' with the Home Office over more funding to carry on the 11-year hunt - which has cost £11million to date.

But the Home Office today told The Sun Online no formal request has been made.

A spokesman said: "To date no request has been received from the Metropolitan Police Service to extend funding for Operation Grange beyond the end of September 2018."

To be nit-picky, the comments from the police, the Home Office and the House of Lords could all be correct if the police have kept the Home office up to date with the investigation and discussed potential future costs/funding but not actually formally requested the funding. It's likely that the police and HO already know whether there will be further funding and, if so, how much but the lack of formal request means that details can be kept under wraps.

This is assuming any further funding is actually needed.

My gut feeling is that OG has done all it can and is waiting for the government, the CPS, the PJ, the Portuguese government and any other involved organisations. The funding is smoke and mirrors to keep the investigation open to avoid questions, criticism and a mountain of FOIs while everything is finalised.

I also think that the McCanns' attempt to get the investigation closed down by stirring up outrage about the cost has backfired. Raising the profile of the investigation has kept the McCanns in the spotlight, the amount spent means OG have to come up with a result and the media storm every six months when funding is due to end means the investigation can't be quietly shelved.

That's what I think anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:57 am

Ask yourself this question. Which political figure has mysteriously reappeared in the last couple of days, and did he look like his heart was in it?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 14 Sep 2018, 12:20 pm

unreorganised wrote:Ask yourself this question. Which political figure has mysteriously reappeared in the last couple of days, and did he look like his heart was in it?

Are you talking about GB? Can you elaborate some more?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:17 pm

Is it GB, unreorganised? Or maybe BOJO? (surely not!).

ETA: Nope, disappeared again....!
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 14 Sep 2018, 11:43 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Is it GB, unreorganised? Or maybe BOJO? (surely not!).

Hi TTWO, I was waiting till I got back to my desktop but just for you will do battle with my phone.

Yes, I was alluding to Brown, but the same goes for other no marks, has beens and never wases who are wheeled out (clearly under duress) to make unpopular and insincere pronounements - usually about Brexit - that they know will play badly with the public and don't seem particularly convinced by themselves. I can only assume that they have an arm up their backs.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 15 Sep 2018, 3:03 pm

Oh right. I thought him coming back into the fray was something to do with this case. To be honest, whether it is Brexit, Trump or Putin (spy poisoning case), I just facepalm any time I hear or read what politicians say more than ever before these days. I just don't believe they are capable of telling any truth.

Sadly I can't see much of anything coming of the case right now as it is far too much in the hands of Politicians who have shown time and again they can't be trusted. pale
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 17 Sep 2018, 9:36 am

unreorganised wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Is it GB, unreorganised? Or maybe BOJO? (surely not!).

Hi TTWO, I was waiting till I got back to my desktop but just for you will do battle with my phone.

Yes, I was alluding to Brown, but the same goes for other no marks, has beens and never wases who are wheeled out (clearly under duress) to make unpopular and insincere pronounements - usually about Brexit - that they know will play badly with the public and don't seem particularly convinced by themselves. I can only assume that they have an arm up their backs.

Yeah, I try to avoid the profound political insights witterings of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair but I don't think that the only, or best, blackmail material held over the traitor and the war criminal is the McCann case.

I mean, I understand the argument that the investigation is a whitewash but, for me, it's too amateurish, too high profile and gone on too long to be a cover-up.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 26 Sep 2018, 9:41 am

Extra funding has been requested says Home Office...……

Danny Shaw‏Verified account @DannyShawBBC · 10m10 minutes ago

Home Office confirms it's had a request from Met Police for an extra six months' funding for the #Madeleine #McCann inquiry: "We have received and are considering a request from the MPS to extend funding for Operation Grange until the end of March 2019."

Danny Shaw‏Verified account @DannyShawBBC · 8m8 minutes ago

Re #Madeleine #McCann inquiry Home Office says funding "can be paid retrospectively... it is therefore incorrect to suggest that the MPS would have to discontinue its operational work after 30 September 2018 unless additional funds were provided in advance of this date."

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 26 Sep 2018, 11:16 am

candyfloss wrote:

Danny Shaw‏Verified account @DannyShawBBC · 8m8 minutes ago  

Re #Madeleine #McCann inquiry Home Office says funding "can be paid retrospectively... it is therefore incorrect to suggest that the MPS would have to discontinue its operational work after 30 September 2018 unless additional funds were provided in advance of this date."

Don't really understand this. It's basically saying there's an implicit guarantee of continuous funding. Why not just say as much, rather than have this pantomime every six months? Well I know why, obviously, but it doesn't mean that the whole charade isn't wearing a bit thin now.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee T G Wed 26 Sep 2018, 8:20 pm

This is the first time I've heard that, by default, Operation Grange continues irrespective of further 6 monthly funding renewal. Or the retrospective funding angle. Sounds like a poor excuse for..well for something. I imagine it's all deliberate, to cause more confusion. A little bit weird 2018.
Lee T G
Lee T G

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 27 Sep 2018, 1:52 pm

The costs of Operation Grange are mainly the salary costs of the police involved. They are permanent staff and their salaries will be paid anyway.

The question is, are the police involved about to be given other ( AND MUCH MORE USEFUL) duties? If they are not redeployed, then by default, until they are, funding has been extended.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next