MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 30 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 1:33 pm

CF, if you have something to say why not say it? We're all friends here are we not? Very Happy  I'm pretty sure I can take it (probably others can as well)

Back to top Go down

Post  Neveronasunday Sat 17 Oct 2015, 1:44 pm

Maybe a Freudian slip

By the way, may I correct the post that referred to me thus:

your sweeping statements about the documentary 'never being aired'

I never said that

Let's hope the programme shows more scrupulous attention to detail or it will be ripped to shreds
Neveronasunday
Neveronasunday

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sat 17 Oct 2015, 3:55 pm

Bampots wrote:Cristobell Could you use the blue highlighter in future postings as the orange really makes it difficult to read!!
Then again I know why you didn't ! Laughing

Apologies, I was trying to make it more readable for those of us with gammy yocks, lol.  Perhaps I should try bold next time, rather than the terrifying blue.  

Had intended to respond to and commend your 'loosen the reins' post the other day Bampots, the Roger Moore eyebrow had me giggling.  Smile
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 17 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

Off-topic: This forum doesn't have multi quote but if you want to split up posts into separate quotes you can do it manually. Sorry to those that already know this.

All you have to do is type without spaces [ quote=username here ] at the beginning and [ /quote ] at the end of each section of a post you want to separate.

It saves using different coloured ink!
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:11 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Neveronasunday wrote:I admire the optimism of some of you but what you are hoping for is impossible. If this programme ever goes out on mainstream TV (and that itself is questionable), this forum will be full of disappointed contributors the following day
+1
I agree too. It won't set the heather on fire or even "interfere with an ongoing investigation", that's just completely delusional thinking from a head full of magic. And just because some of us are asking questions and not hanging out the flags and tickertape, does not mean that we are "afraid" or not "calm" or "working for the other side." And TBH I am getting quite pissed off at people slapping these labels on those of us who have our reservations about the entire thing. In fact it's probably the people calling us those names who are the ones who are "afraid" and flapping. IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

I certainly have reservations about it for all the reasons that have been given but I just can't see the point of going on and on about it until it appears.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:22 pm

Freedom wrote:I certainly have reservations about it for all the reasons that have been given but I just can't see the point of going on and on about it until it appears.

Then perhaps you should tell Christobel to stop dropping teasers and bigging it up, unless her pal Sonia is actually going to deliver. Because there's a very interesting story about a wee boy who kept crying "Wolf!" and we all know how that one ended. Badly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:23 pm

I suppose the answer to that Freedom, would be that anytime an update or tweet or forum post appears about the documentary, then discussion should be limited to people going "Yay..Wow..oh can't wait"etc and a load of bouncing emoticons, and anyone with any issues should just abstain from posting on the thread...

Yup, sounds like a plan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:55 pm

susible wrote:I suppose the answer to that Freedom, would be that anytime an update or tweet or forum post appears about the documentary, then discussion should be limited to people going "Yay..Wow..oh can't wait"etc and a load of bouncing emoticons, and anyone with any issues should just abstain from posting on the thread...  

Yup, sounds like a plan
It almost is the plan, anyone with any doubts gets 'ganged upon' and its stopping some posters posting (look back the thread today). However if you're a Sonia cheerleader it's party time!

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:58 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Is it OK to lighten the mood in a completely off-topic way? No? I'm going to do it anyway!

Candyfloss doesn't look impressed with what's going on here..

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 30 200

HKP has lost it! Watch out!

Cristobell's showing off again! (roll eyes)

*Sharp intake of breath* Freedom's in da house...

Oh no...Toe Knee has busted the pie charts out!?!

What! You can't say that Andrew...DELETE, DELETEEE!

Meanwhile in pinky land......Can't believe those mugs fell for the "special account".

Basically ladies (and couple of blokes) CHILL out! You're depressing me!

It's time to bring your post back from yesterday, TTWO. Is it Groundhog Day?!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm

I don't think that's going to help very much Freedom, no matter how hard you try.

The damage to the forum has already been done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 17 Oct 2015, 6:09 pm

What damage? I'm sorry but that is absolute nonsense!!!

Says she spinning round furiously in her chair.......

If it's not Groundhog Day, perhaps there's a full moon tonight.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 17 Oct 2015, 6:36 pm

I think the teasers will draw more viewers, RDH done great with his, I bet there's a lot more doubters now than before. If SP can draw more people to see the inconsistencies, is that not a good thing?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Sat 17 Oct 2015, 6:38 pm

Resistor wrote:And TBH I am getting quite pissed off at people slapping these labels on those of us who have our reservations about the entire thing.  In fact it's probably the people calling us those names who are the ones who are "afraid" and flapping.  IMHO.  

that's a feature of modern debate Resistor - attacking and insulting the person rather than challenging the point they have made with good reasoning. It happens all the time everywhere. I dislike it intensely and imo those who employ that technique are already half way to losing the argument. Anyway, now back to Sonia, who may well have the best of intentions this time but whose feature in the Sun last winter didnt live up to my own expectations either in its content or its apparent intentions
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 17 Oct 2015, 7:27 pm

Good to see, that debate has slowed down ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sat 17 Oct 2015, 7:35 pm

Resistor wrote:
Freedom wrote:I certainly have reservations about it for all the reasons that have been given but I just can't see the point of going on and on about it until it appears.

Then perhaps you should tell Christobel to stop dropping teasers and bigging it up, unless her pal Sonia is actually going to deliver.  Because there's a very interesting story about a wee boy who kept crying "Wolf!" and we all know how that one ended.  Badly.

I am not responsible for the way in which you process information resistor. Teasers etc, are all part of the way in which media and advertising works. They are intended to arouse interest in the product. You can look forward to it, or you can be irritated by it, it's entirely up to you.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 17 Oct 2015, 9:28 pm

Personal remarks and posts deleted and any further posts of that nature will also be deleted

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 8:30 pm

Part of the issue when producing such a controversial documentary is that the makers and those involved need to be beyond reproach. It can be very easily countered by looking for example at the people involved twitter history (plenty other areas to judge). Should it be found that those involved have a history on let's say something like the #mccann then the whole documentary gets tarnished as a troll fest. Now a lot of good work may have been done, it can be easily undone by those looking for a chink in the armour. All IMO.

ETA. RD Hall probably suffers from his Rich Planet TV, this could well be why we'll never see his stuff on mainstream TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 18 Oct 2015, 8:50 pm

As the bulk of the alleged Madeleine scam revolves around social media, anyone not involved with twitter and the McCann hashtag would be completely out of their depth.  

As nice as it might be to have a god fearing, pillar of the community making this documentary,  I think paragons of virtue and people beyond reproach are a bit thin on the ground in the media industry.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 18 Oct 2015, 8:52 pm

I was just thinking that there would be very few of us who would survive any Mary Whitehouse type scrutiny into our private lives!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm

Cristobell wrote: As the bulk of the Madeleine scam revolves around social media, anyone not involved with twitter and the McCann hashtag would be completely out of their depth.  

As nice as it might be to have a god fearing, pillar of the community making this documentary,  I think paragons of virtue and people beyond reproach are a bit thin on the ground in the media industry.

Ok, i don't think pillars of the community are necessarily what I meant however what then stops those who are doing the protecting from bringing out what they would term as hateful and hurtful evidence against the makers or those involved and promoting its just another bunch of trolls who need shutting up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm

Freedom wrote:I was just thinking that there would be very few of us who would survive any Mary Whitehouse type scrutiny into our private lives!

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I don't think you have been involved in any twitter spats etc. which I personally think are the most venomous, moronic behaviours you'll liable to see on #mccann possibly over the whole of Twitter

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:09 pm

I have been accused of twittering at times but I'm not on Twitter. The sewer rat element really puts me off.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:10 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:

Ok, i don't think pillars of the community are necessarily what I meant however what then stops those who are doing the protecting from bringing out what they would term as hateful and hurtful evidence against the makers or those involved and promoting its just another bunch of trolls who need shutting up.

Err, they are already doing that, in fact they have doing that for years, and if Mother Theresa had made the documentary, they would have done the same thing to her.  They don't want the documentary out there, we do, it was always going to be a battle.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:17 pm

We'll leave it there then Cristobell, I personally don't think Sonia has a hope in hell of getting this documentary on mainstream TV therefore it would be considered as a YouTube type venture and there are plenty of those around at the moment, none having really made that much difference in the grand scheme of things

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next