MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints

+16
dantezebu
chrissie
Thetruth
dogs don't lie
chirpyinsect
Lioned
candyfloss
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
travis macbickle
gbwales
Freedom
Mimi
Lorraine
Châtelaine
Admin
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints

Post  candyfloss Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:42 am

Andrew wrote:What's a 'bot' which appears on the homepage next to who is online etc?

Stupid question but got no idea and been bugging me scratch

Here is the technical answer Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot

But simply, we need them, the bots here are google yahoo bing etc, these gather key words, so that when you do a search on google, or one of the others it brings up this site.  They are in this instance useful and good.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints

Post  Andrew Fri 31 Oct 2014, 11:23 am

Thanks for that CF. Makes sense. Will take your simple explanation as opposed to reading up on the technical side of it all.

Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann Fri 31 Oct 2014, 11:33 am

Thanks for that! Always wanted to ask that! Now I know cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 29 Dec 2014, 9:48 pm

Does anyone remember an interview with Goncalo Amaral where he mentions the DNA evidence had been planted in the hire car? Please, please don't think badly of me, but I seen a tweet that mentioned this earlier and vaguely remember reading about it, or is this a myth that I've read?

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 30 Dec 2014, 7:41 am

dogs don't lie wrote:Does anyone remember an interview with Goncalo Amaral where he mentions the DNA evidence had been planted in the hire car? Please, please don't think badly of me, but I seen a tweet that mentioned this earlier and vaguely remember reading about it, or is this a myth that I've read?

DDL are you perhaps thinking of the video in this blog by Good Quality Wristbands? It contains a video made by pro Macs that suggests GA planted the cadaver. Sorry I cant copy the video url for some reason.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoodqualitywristbands.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F01%2Fsmell-cadaver-i-smell-desperation.html&ei=nFaiVMPBAqLvywPd54GwCw&usg=AFQjCNFD4naBhNAuKIEhZytj6UNAH5q3Uw
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 30 Dec 2014, 10:51 am

No chirps, wasn't that, I've been trying to find it but will keep looking. I have to get round it because it doesn't make sense. Maybe it was on some pro site, but then again I don't think my chill levels would let me read any of that for long lol x

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:33 pm

Hi Admin Crew,

Could I ask that you make representions (aka complaint) to Forumotion on behalf of its users in general, who are increasing using tablets, phones, fondleslabs etc to access the forum ?

The forum software appears to have originated in the era of screens, keyboards, mouse. Or even before ? Who remembers Green Screens?

So this means that it is effectively impossible, or at best very difficult, to paste/edit text, and worse, jpegs to posts.

When everyone is feeling better, maybe you could have a go at them and demand something that is usable ??
Cheers

Very Happy
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 02 Mar 2015, 7:39 pm

.Post moved to Discussion forum questions and answers thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm

Can you alter the layout so the latest post made comes at the top of the page...

ETA - sorry I think that's the portals job but never use that.

Yes you should Andrew. I know.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 12 Mar 2015, 9:57 pm

Andrew wrote:Can you alter the layout so the latest post made comes at the top of the page...

ETA - sorry I think that's the portals job but never use that.

Yes you should Andrew. I know.
Andrew, I have tried, but it doesn't seem to work, I must be doing something wrong somewhere.  Embarassed   I am not very computer savvy I'm afraid, but will work it out one day Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 13 Mar 2015, 8:38 pm

No worries CF. Doesn't really matter.

Still a great forum.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints - Page 3 Empty Font

Post  Mimi Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:20 pm

It may be me, but I wish there was more contrast between the background and the writing (which is rather pale).
Just been on Pat`s site and there`s better contrast and it`s easier to read.
What do others think.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm

Mimi wrote:It may be me, but I wish there was more contrast between the background and the writing (which is rather pale).
Just been on Pat`s site and there`s better contrast and it`s easier to read.
What do others think.

Sorry Mimi, just seen this, my little square didn't turn red to alert me of a new post.  I will have a look, but I am not good at the techie stuff Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Apr 2015, 1:55 pm

Oooooo, I've done it, it has taken me all morning but cheers bounce bounce bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Apr 2015, 1:56 pm

Is it better in black???  Feedback please
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:33 pm

Admin wrote:Is it better in black???  Feedback please

Yes (and thanks for persevering) - IMO it gives a better contrast and is less taxing on the eyes, but I`ll go along with the consensus. flower

As it was it was just dark blue, medium blue and light blue so no definition.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:35 pm

It is a lot clearer to read in black I think, it stands out more.
Oh yes, just look at the quotes and the replies!

Last edited by dogs don't lie on Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:36 pm

I think it's better, so thanks! flower
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  dantezebu Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm

So much better for my failing eyes. Thank you Shocked
dantezebu
dantezebu

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 30 Apr 2015, 7:11 pm

Much better, thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Inca Thu 30 Apr 2015, 7:12 pm

dantezebu wrote:So much better for my failing eyes. Thank you Shocked

Agreed, thank you.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 30 Apr 2015, 7:13 pm

Glad everyone seems happy, so black it stays. cheers

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:53 pm

Good enough for Henry Ford good enough for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm

Didn't want to comment on the blue ink before... 

Much better now.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:47 pm

My only "gripe" about the whole forum is the banner made up of pictures on the Home page. I absolutely detest, with an absolute passion, that shortbread tin picture of Maddie in the red dress. It really does make me want to throw up now, every time I see it. It's been exploited to within an inch of it's life. It shows poor Maddie for what she is - a money-making commodity, fronted by a manipulative advertisement designed to tug at the heart-strings and make people part with their cash. It is, and always was, of zero use in any "search". I also suspect the poor wee tot has had highlights put in and is wearing lip gloss. That picture really is repulsive and I try to avoid seeing it, but it's not easy when every single paper prints it in as large a format as possible, every time there's so much as a snippet of news.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next